How does Fiverr use the private feedback?

esandmeyer

Question

After each completed purchase, I provide feedback to the seller. But then I receive an email asking for “private feedback.” Uh oh…

So let’s say, I am unhappy or critical. What happens to this feedback? How is it used? Do some people get to see it? Do sellers get thrown out of fiverr after so many negative “private” reviews?

I dislike this practice. It’s a little creepy and inappropriate.

• Like 7

Buyer private feedback pays a huge role on your gig performance than the public rating.

Buyer need to answer a question : How was your overall experience with this seller? They can provide terrible to outstanding rating.
Additionally they provide to textual content solution. What did you like about this gig? and How can the seller improve?

Try your best to deliver high-quality work so client don’t hesitate to provide a outstanding private feedback. Though it can't be seen. Its only for Fiverr.

• Like 27

4 hours ago, nasim_ahmed_ said:

Can you explain about buyer private feedback ?

You cannot view this feedback. It's just between the client and the fiverr. However, if the client is truly very satisfied with your work, then the chances of getting very good client private feedback. This will be very useful for your gig rank. It is very effective. So try to finish each task with your best. As if the client is maximum satisfied. 

• Like 25

Guest freelancerjabir
4 hours ago, nasim_ahmed_ said:

Can you explain about buyer private feedback ?

There are 2 kinds of reviews on fiverr. One is public, and another one is private. We can see the public review but we can't see the private review because it's hidden

This is hidden feedback. buyer can share their work experience privately with fiverr. sometimes regular buyers not too happy but they didn't give bad reviews because you're regular seller for this buyer. but buyers can share it privately. i think hidden feedback is important for gig position. 

• Like 20
  • Up 3

On 10/10/2021 at 9:21 AM, civilbappy said:

It is private buyer feedback that only Fiverr can see.

These are my words. Please quote what other people write, instead of pretending you wrote their words yourself. 

On 10/10/2021 at 9:21 AM, civilbappy said:

if you get positive private feedback your gig will rank properly

Second, there is no such thing as a set rank in the Fiverr search results. That's not how Fiverr works.

• Like 21
  • Up 3

Hi, thank you very much for being here. Today I want to discuss a special technique for increasing your rank.

Do you know the hidden feedback? 

There are two types of feedback.  one feedback is the buyer given after completing the work.  Another is the feedback ok that shows some days later when they give the rating.

Both feedback is very helpful in getting more orders and getting the rank. But hidden feedback is More essential for getting ranked quickly.  a few days ago, I completed 10 orders within 3 days.  so my gig rank higher automatically.  but some of my cannot give me a review, And some of my orders auto-complete. 

A couple of days later, my gig disappears on the search result. I got a support ticket and understood that my hidden feedback and rating percentage are low. So I lose my rank on the first page. 

So if you want to rank higher then you need to focus on the hidden feedback.  Because Fiverr Robotic systems measure the percentage of hidden feedback.

• Like 21
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Up 2

On 8/5/2022 at 11:51 AM, smashradio said:

You achieve this by doing good work and being honest about your skills. 

I have a reputation for going above and beyond.  I have over 1,000 five-star reviews.  I always overdeliver.  The fact is, people don't care to be bothered with hidden surveys.  Most people are done with the order completely when they receive it.  Putting so much weight on hidden surveys is NOT helping people like me, who've been here for a decade working their butts off. 

Edited by turtlerollsadub
  • Like 12
  • Up 3

29 minutes ago, turtlerollsadub said:

I have a reputation for going above and beyond.  I have over 1,000 five-star reviews.  I always overdeliver.  The fact is, people don't care to be bothered with hidden surveys.  Most people are done with the order completely when they receive it.  Putting so much weight on hidden surveys is NOT helping people like me, who've been here for a decade working their butts off. 

You don't know how many private reviews you're getting or if it helps you or not. Your public reviews doesn't really matter that much anymore – at least not to the algorithm. The very nature of the private feedback keeps you from knowing the number of reviews you're getting. Only Fiverr knows that. 

I've had periods where my Success Manager has warned me about dropping buyer satisfaction rate, and I knew she was right. Like when my son got born, I became distracted from work (obviously) and as a result, my satisfaction rate dropped. It hadn't done that if buyers didn't leave private reviews. As a result of this feedback from my SM, I upped my game and started to focus on the areas I was best at, while removing gigs and sharpening my services towards those niches. With less work, higher prices and more focused work, my satisfaction rate skyrocketed (according to my SM). I doubled my monthly income by doing this, all thanks to the private feedback giving me a kick in the butt. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 12
  • Up 6

Let’s establish this right out of the gate: I am not here. You never saw me. You don’t know me. I’m a myth. You heard about me once, but you were slightly intoxicated and - on further reflection - you thought you made it all up. You did. I’m much like vague remembrances of a distant past. A ghost you only maybe saw. A space alien that only kinda probed you. Don’t make too much of it, we do that to everybody. You get me? None of this is even happening right now. 

Okay. 

Operating with covert networks, I’ve recently gotten my hands on the “hidden survey.” Though I can’t reveal my sources (and they’ve ceased communications, so make of that what you will) the following partial survey is completely verified. Be advised - this is strong material. 

(For internal use only) 

(survey: updated)

The Following is a Secret Survey. The results will not be shared with your seller. 

1. Using a five point scale, five being the highest rate of satisfaction, please tell us how satisfied you are with your order. 

2. Did your seller provide the exact product that you asked for? 

3. Out of three, rate your seller’s level of communication. Now, add eleven to the total. Now subtract one. Touch the screen with your index finger. You are hiding in the freight car. Good ain’t we? 

4. If your seller were a Golden Girl, which girl would she be (please limit “Sophia” answers to only the best experience you’ve ever had)?

5. Aristotle said “hope is a waking dream.” Like, do you think that’s true and stuff?

6. On a scale of “five” to “YouTube,” how much did your seller actually understand about using fiverr? 

7. Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Conservative party? Also, we’d like that cup you’re drinking out of for, uh, keepsake stuff.

8. In your own words, what is George R. R. Martin’s damn problem?

9. If a tree falls in the woods while making a steady shaking sound, is it still rock’n’roll to Billy Joel?

10. Logic: If you were given a choice between drinking coffee or saving the planet, where would you find a space ship to get to your new home? 

That’s it. At this point communications were cut and the remaining 113 questions are anyone’s guess. Of course, I’m risking personal harm to bring this information to you and we’re all counting on you to show it to the masses. Safe journeys. Godspeed. And may the light shine on your toe hair soldier. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 5
  • Up 2

30 minutes ago, damooch916 said:

3. Out of three, rate your seller’s level of communication. Now, add eleven to the total. Now subtract one. Touch the screen with your index finger. You are hiding in the freight car. Good ain’t we? 

Amazing! It worked! How do they do that? 🤔  @finndev478 Here is more reading for you.

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 11
  • Haha 3
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

You don't know how many private reviews you're getting or if it helps you or not.

You said this, then continued on saying how you know for sure hidden surveys are helping you.  I'm perplexed?  If you don't know, but then you also do know.... what am I missing?  How do you even know if your customers are doing the hidden surveys?  Do you ask them to do them?  How can you attribute your sales recovery to hidden survey specifically, if you don't know if people are even filling them out?  If most people are too bothered to leave a viewable review, then why would they bother themselves with a hidden survey?  Not trying to be sassy here.  Just trying to wrap my mind around this.

• Like 10
  • Up 3

55 minutes ago, turtlerollsadub said:

You said this, then continued on saying how you know for sure hidden surveys are helping you.  I'm perplexed?  If you don't know, but then you also do know.... what am I missing?  How do you even know if your customers are doing the hidden surveys?  Do you ask them to do them?  How can you attribute your sales recovery to hidden survey specifically, if you don't know if people are even filling them out?  If most people are too bothered to leave a viewable review, then why would they bother themselves with a hidden survey?  Not trying to be sassy here.  Just trying to wrap my mind around this.

Since you assumed that private reviews couldn't help you, I assumed that you haven't talked to a success manager about your buyer satisfaction rate yet. If you had, you would know that they can help "nudge" you in the right direction if you're on a downward slope. 

I know that the reviews can help you. That does not mean I know which buyer said what, how many of my buyers left a review, or my exact buyer satisfaction rate. 

If my buyers didn't leave those reviews, my success manager would not have the insight to tell me that my buyer satisfaction was dropping or that it was going back up when I implemented some changes. 

I can attribute my sales recovery to the fact that the algorithm decides how visible you are, based on your buyer satisfaction rate (and gig relevancy, of course). When I made changes like removing gigs in niches I didn't excel in, it freed up more of my time to focus on the gigs I was best at. This, in turn, helped my buyer satisfaction rate rise because my private feedback improved. 

In my order deliveries, I ask the buyer to answer any surveys from Fiverr if they have the time. However, I'm careful not to say anything that can be interpreted as review manipulation (i.e., asking for positive feedback). 

The simple fact that the entire idea of private reviews and a buyer satisfaction rate wouldn't work if people didn't use it, tells me all I need to know, but backing up that assumption is the fact that I can change my buyer satisfaction rate by doing better work. That's based on those reviews. 

Buyers are much more likely to leave honest feedback when they are anonymous. Many buyers don't like leaving public reviews for different reasons: if they leave negative ratings, that might cause other sellers to shy away from them in the future. If they leave a review, they tell the world they are on Fiverr. Not everyone wants that to become public in the first place. 

I'm not saying all your buyers do it. But enough people do so that Fiverr can create a buyer satisfaction score for every seller and use that to "rank" or "derank" sellers. It's also used to determine if you get access to things like promoted gigs, early payouts, and so on. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 10
  • Up 4

17 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Since you assumed that private reviews couldn't help you, I assumed that you haven't talked to a success manager about your buyer satisfaction rate yet. If you had, you would know that they can help "nudge" you in the right direction if you're on a downward slope. 

I know that the reviews can help you. That does not mean I know which buyer said what, how many of my buyers left a review, or my exact buyer satisfaction rate. 

If my buyers didn't leave those reviews, my success manager would not have the insight to tell me that my buyer satisfaction was dropping or that it was going back up when I implemented some changes. 

Wow!  Your information is actually quite helpful!  I've resisted doing the whole "success manager" thing because over the last two months, my visibility has plummeted to nearly nothing and I wasn't making enough to afford a success manager.  But your reply has given me some things to consider.  I really appreciate it and thanks so much.

• Like 10
  • Up 4

29 minutes ago, turtlerollsadub said:

Wow!  Your information is actually quite helpful!  I've resisted doing the whole "success manager" thing because over the last two months, my visibility has plummeted to nearly nothing and I wasn't making enough to afford a success manager.  But your reply has given me some things to consider.  I really appreciate it and thanks so much.

Happy I could help! If your visibility has gone down, that might be because of those reviews. Without access to that info about you, I can't say much about where to improve to get it back up again, but some usual suspects are: 

• Bad communication. You should always be polite (i find that being overly polite works, for some reason, even though I hate it when people do that to me). 
  • Taking on jobs that you shouldn't. Always make sure the projects that comes along are a perfect fit for your skills. Say no instead of doing something half-assed. 
  • Not updating your buyers on progress along the way. Especially important on longer orders, but I always work in a small update about the progress during every single order. It helps buyers feel safe. 
  • Not delivering early. Increase delivery times. That way, you'll be delivering "early" and way before your buyer expects it. 
  • You're meeting expectations instead of exceeding them. Under-promise and over-deliver. Give your buyers something extra that they didn't expect. Do more than what's expected of you. 

Like I said, these are just general, ususal suspects that can cause your buyer satisfaction rate to drop, in my experience. Improving in these areas can really make a difference. 

• Like 11
  • Up 4

7 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Happy I could help! If your visibility has gone down, that might be because of those reviews. Without access to that info about you, I can't say much about where to improve to get it back up again, but some usual suspects are: 

• Bad communication. You should always be polite (i find that being overly polite works, for some reason, even though I hate it when people do that to me). 
  • Taking on jobs that you shouldn't. Always make sure the projects that comes along are a perfect fit for your skills. Say no instead of doing something half-assed. 
  • Not updating your buyers on progress along the way. Especially important on longer orders, but I always work in a small update about the progress during every single order. It helps buyers feel safe. 
  • Not delivering early. Increase delivery times. That way, you'll be delivering "early" and way before your buyer expects it. 
  • You're meeting expectations instead of exceeding them. Under-promise and over-deliver. Give your buyers something extra that they didn't expect. Do more than what's expected of you. 

Like I said, these are just general, ususal suspects that can cause your buyer satisfaction rate to drop, in my experience. Improving in these areas can really make a difference. 

Thank you so much again!  Yes, I do all of these things you've mentioned.  But definitely some more things to consider here.  I had messages on my gigs telling me to increase my prices, so I did about two months ago.  I have never recovered since doing this 😞  My visibility decreased by 85+% and my order rate declined by 95%, as did messages from new customers.  If I had known increasing my prices as advised by Fiverr would've resulted in this mess, I would never have done it.  I've taken a massive blow to my revenue and it's been debilitating. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2

20 hours ago, smashradio said:

I've had periods where my Success Manager has warned me about dropping buyer satisfaction rate, and I knew she was right.

I just tried to sign up for a success manager and I was told I'm not eligible for the Seller Plus program.  How does one become "eligible"?  I've searched the web and couldn't find a concrete answer.  Hoping you can tell me more?

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, turtlerollsadub said:

I just tried to sign up for a success manager and I was told I'm not eligible for the Seller Plus program.  How does one become "eligible"?  I've searched the web and couldn't find a concrete answer.  Hoping you can tell me more?

I think, once you apply, it's simply a matter of 'waiting' to be invited. Or until you become 'eligible'. Whatever that means?? You can't jump the queue etc etc....  

• Like 9

19 hours ago, turtlerollsadub said:

I've taken a massive blow to my revenue and it's been debilitating. 

Sorry to hear about it! Most of the time, increasing rates can help you become more visible, so I don't think it was this alone. But then again, you need to find the right value for your buyers. If you're too expensive, the buyers won't click. If you're too cheap, you'll get bad buyers. I increase my rates with about 15% each year. Sometimes, I have to decrease it again because I take it too far. Other times, I have to increase more just to lower my workload. Gotta find that balance. But most likely, you had a few negative private reviews. Perhaps someone didn't think they got a lot of value for their money after your price increase, and voila: negative feedback. This is one of the questions they ask in the private feedback. 

2 hours ago, turtlerollsadub said:

I can only tell you that it's (most likely) based on the free capacity to take on new sellers combined with your level and probably your revenue/satisfaction rate. Fiverr isn't very open about these things, so we can only guess, but it would make sense to limit the service to the sellers bringing in the most dough for Fiverr. Again: it's me guessing. I don't have an "official" source on this. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 9