Can we share our gig link on this forum?

Guest touhaa

4 hours ago, harithdeshan said:

How am I going to invite any of my friends to see a forum post? Why can't we put links anywhere in the first place? 

It seems you're mixing up a few things, why should Fiverr have a problem with you sharing your forum posts to friends? Just click the 3 dots on one of your posts, and the forum even offers you several options for easy sharing of your post. I even use it sometimes to share it to my own email if I want to "save" a post, as this forum doesn't have a bookmark function like the last one did.

• Like 13
  • Up 5

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys i have been trying to make my first order for the past 3 month now on Fiverr. I have try to promote my gigs on this forums so many times, but what I get is you can't promote your gigs in this Fiverr forum, some will say promote them on social media. but Fiverr stated in their article that you can promote your gigs on social media, blogs, and forums (which i think their forum). so please i want to know why people on this forums are saying i can't promote on this forum?  

• Like 9

10 hours ago, bazyar_sanjrani said:

is stated by fiverr that we can't promote in their forum or is just the sellers in this forums that makes the rules?

It is stated in the forum rules. You can post your gig link here but only in “my fiverr gigs” category. 

10 hours ago, bazyar_sanjrani said:

but Fiverr stated in their article that you can promote your gigs on social media, blogs, and forums (which i think their forum)

That means that if you have your own page on social media you can post your gig on YOUR OWN social media page, if you have YOUR OWN blog then you can promote it on your own blog. 
Fiverr DOESN’T encourage you spamming your gig links all over social media groups, comments or random forums and blogs, because spamming is against many social medias rules. 

• Like 8

On 6/18/2022 at 6:50 PM, bazyar_sanjrani said:

why people on this forums are saying i can't promote on this forum?  

You can promote your gigs on this forum, but only in the part that is for promoting gigs; that part is called My Fiverr Gigs. Posting links to your gigs anywhere else on the forum is considered spam.

However, posting your gig links on this forum is unlikely to help. Most forum users who come to the forum don't come here looking for gigs to buy, so they won't be interested in whatever you have to offer.

If you wish to promote your gigs successfully, you'll need to learn about proper marketing, plus you'll need to discover where your target customers are (they're highly unlikely to be on this forum), go wherever they are, and then find a way to connect with them without annoying them.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @designer_snowdn!

You can share your gig links in this category, "My Fiverr Gigs" as well as the "Improve My Gigs" category.

However, most of the members of the forum are fellow sellers, so we aren't your target market. The forum is a great way to connect with other sellers and learn how to grow your Fiverr business. There's also a special forum just for logo designers that you might want to follow that's pretty active:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/forum/58-logo-maker-sellers/

• Like 9

• 5 weeks later...

Think this one through with me... 

If Fiverr are taking things like impressions, clicks and conversion into account when their code is calculating if it should show a Gig to a potential buyer, is it really a good idea to share your links on the forum?

Logic tells me people here are not buyers, and not likely to buy your Gig

Surely, Fiverr will see your Gig is getting viewed, but not making sales, therefore the code is going to be even less likely to show it.

Views but no sales = no reason for them to show your gig.

Conclusion: sharing your gig here is shooting yourself in the foot.

@imagination7413Sorry to bother you but as a mod, may I ask why I'm limited to five posts and private message per day,, when it seems like others have the freedom to post loads of nonsense; have I upset the system with my perspectives? I see no account warnings on my profile page, so I'm wondering what gives and if I've made it to a naughty list! 

Another question for the mod team: how come some forum users get away with displaying URLs, personal web address and phone numbers in their header image, and others openly admit to having two accounts, or breaching core terms: what repercussions are there for this, and do the mods have the ability to escalate breaches like that to admins of the main site? If so, I've got to wonder why some people here are still allowed to sell when they've got links here, and in their gigs. Seems a bit backwards to me, especially so if Fiverr are working to cleaning the site of low quality sellers and scammers. 

Hey Andy, good questions!@imagination7413can perhaps provide better insight but rest assured you're not on the naughty list so to speak. You'd know if you were.

The amount of posts / messages you're allowed is based on your reputation score (not forum badge) as far as I'm aware. The goal is to prevent spam. I'm not saying your posts are spam, just that that is the goal of limiting new forum users. In time as your reputation grows so will your ability to post / message.

As for displaying URLs / phone numbers / things sellers shouldn't, or admitting practices that breach ToS, you should always use the report button on the message. These shouldn't be appearing, it's not allowed, but frankly it's hard to always find or prevent these (much like gigs on the Fiverr main site that break ToS). Additionally, you can always flag the profile to myself or another mod in a message and we can take a look and issue a warning which hopefully drives corrective action. I'd also say that you can flag these to CS who will (I expect) with the Trust and Safety team review the issue and take action.

FYI there are two kinds of mods in addition to the forum admin @mjensen415. There are regular Fiverr sellers like myself, @imagination7413 and @frank_dto name a few that do this as volunteers. Whilst we have some powers to warn users, hide posts and issue awards or extra points for helpful content to name a few we have no special powers to escalate issues. There are also some Fiverr staff members here such as @Lenawho help keep the forum on track / in good shape and would (I expect) have more powers than volunteers such as me.

@Lena @mjensen415please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this!

• Like 45
  • Up 4

as a mod, may I ask why I'm limited to five posts and private message per day,, when it seems like others have the freedom to post loads of nonsense; have I upset the system with my perspectives? I see no account warnings on my profile page, so I'm wondering what gives and if I've made it to a naughty list! 

As to your first question, it's because those accounts joined the forum before the post limit was imposed. I'll admit that I don't know the exact criteria, but I do recall @vickieito wrote about outlasting the limitation. 

Another question for the mod team: how come some forum users get away with displaying URLs, personal web address and phone numbers in their header image, and others openly admit to having two accounts, or breaching core terms: what repercussions are there for this, and do the mods have the ability to escalate breaches like that to admins of the main site? If so, I've got to wonder why some people here are still allowed to sell when they've got links here, and in their gigs. Seems a bit backwards to me, especially so if Fiverr are working to cleaning the site of low quality sellers and scammers. 

As to the second, I have been issuing warnings when I come across external contact info in a profile, but as @williambryan392 mentioned, we are limited in what we can do. I have to pass on a link to the profiles to one of the forum staff who does have editing permissions. 

Edited by imagination7413
Typo
  • Like 49
  • Thanks 1

Hi All!

@williambryan392 you are not wrong on any of it. 

We do try to prevent spamming, plagiarizing, personal ads, external links, etc. as much as we can, but those things should always be reported thus allowing us to act accordingly. Please report any of these issues and we'll take it from there. 

• Like 42
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2022 at 8:35 AM, imagination7413 said:

I'll admit that I don't know the exact criteria, but I do recall @vickieito wrote about outlasting the limitation. 

Several months ago, I was a Grand Master, had 5,000 reputation points, zero warnings, over 1,000 posts AND was still limited to 5 posts a day (including private messages). I didn't like it because some people thought I was purposely ignoring their posts when I couldn't respond to them for 24 hours or more. Especially if I didn't post for the day due to private messages. And there was one incident when the thread exploded and I couldn't defend myself because I was post-limited. I considered leaving the forum because of it.

If we are post-limited, I'd at least like some sort of badge/label so that others on the forum understand when you can and can't respond.

On 11/15/2022 at 8:35 AM, imagination7413 said:

As to your first question, it's because those accounts joined the forum before the post limit was imposed.

On 11/15/2022 at 7:58 AM, williambryan392 said:

The amount of posts / messages you're allowed is based on your reputation score (not forum badge) as far as I'm aware.

I'm not sure about that. I did research a lot of profiles on the forum to see why they didn't have a post limit and I did.  I saw newbie profiles (less than 30 days old) with very little reputation points that had unlimited posting. I thought it was because of seller level but I found that wasn't the case. Nothing was consistent and it looks like reputation points alone isn't the deciding factor. So I really didn't know why they could have unlimited posts when I couldn't.

However, I'm glad that I couldn't crack the code to figure out how to get unlimited posts (there are many who would immediately take advantage of this if this were the case). It was awesome when I could finally make unlimited posts! Each post used to be mini-essays because I wanted to fit in as much as I could in each post. Now I don't have to do that. 😊

On 11/15/2022 at 9:46 AM, Lena said:

Please report any of these issues and we'll take it from there.

I can attest to the fact that reports are taken seriously on the forum. I spend a lot of time flagging posts and those flags are looked at. The m0ds do a great job keeping the forum clean. You can also tag a m0d if you want to alert them quicker to a specific post (as @williambryan392 mentions). You can request a m0d to "lock" or close a thread if it's getting too spammy. 

• Like 42
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, shaikh_arif_ said:

But sometime its can be good for newbie. when they share there gig in forum. some expert will see that gig if there need any correction he/she can suggest that person. 

That's only in the "Improve My Gig" section. OP is referring to every other link in every other section. Also, those newcomers who ask for help, and never apply the suggestions are indeed just spam.

• Like 40
  • Up 6

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Forum people, please enlighten me about this - where do I share my gigs here?

I tried to share it on some pages but the posts are removed within an hour or so. I know that there used to be a section that was only used to share gigs. Right now that page is just non functional and not used anymore.

I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks much!

Edited by noirparliament_
improvement and tag change
  • Like 12