My opinion about gig Ranking

hazirabegum

This this a bad joke? Aren’t you the author of books on Amazon detailing how to be successful on Fiverr and a former TRS?

I didn’t know personal attacks were allowed in the forum, but to answer your question. Yes, I wrote a book about being a Top Rated Seller, back in the good all days before the level system. So what? Things change! It’s not my fault that they do. Most of the advice in that book is still valid.

Are you really saying that all your experience over the years was of absolutely no benefit to you until coughed up and paid Fiverr $35?

I am saying doing Learn by Fiverr courses improves your ranking, in fact, I’m not the one saying it, Fiverr said it in one of their pages.

Here’s the proof:

I click on one of my skills, “Facebook Marketing”

42%20PM

And who’s on the second row? Me!

Would that be the case if I hadn’t done the Learn course, Facebook Ads Targeting, I don’t think so.

Besides, I never said it was the only thing that improves your ranking. Good reviews, completed orders, etc, also improves your ranking. Besides, the Learn course: Online Freelancing Essentials: be a successful Fiverr seller, is FREE. Takes about an hour to complete, you can do 10 minutes a day or get it done in two days.

Personally, I wish they did a partnership with Udemy because Udemy offers a lot more courses than Learn, but Fiverr does what Fiverr does, and we can either swim against the current and drown, or we can swim with the current and stay afloat. I’d rather stay afloat.

I didn’t know personal attacks were allowed in the forum

I’m not attacking you. I’m simply astonished that this is what Fiverr has become.

It’s nice to see you up there in a poll position again, though. I hope you stay there.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t know personal attacks were allowed in the forum

I’m not attacking you. I’m simply astonished that this is what Fiverr has become.

It’s nice to see you up there in a poll position again, though. I hope you stay there.

Thanks for finding that quote and helping me prove my point.

I apologize, when I read:

This this a bad joke? Aren’t you the author of books on Amazon detailing how to be successful on Fiverr and a former TRS?

I thought you were making fun of me.

Yes, Fiverr has changed a lot. Today we can take optional tests (for free), Learn by Fiverr courses, and have to worry about Order Completing Rate vs. 60 day rating. My OCR is 100% now, but my 60-day rating is 4.5, so I’m about to get demoted again, which means pausing gigs. I accept it, just like I accept charging higher prices and getting less orders.

To be fair, this month has been pretty good for me. More than double what I made in January, with less orders and higher prices.

I didn’t know personal attacks were allowed in the forum, but to answer your question. Yes, I wrote a book about being a Top Rated Seller, back in the good all days before the level system. So what? Things change! It’s not my fault that they do. Most of the advice in that book is still valid.

Are you really saying that all your experience over the years was of absolutely no benefit to you until coughed up and paid Fiverr $35?

I am saying doing Learn by Fiverr courses improves your ranking, in fact, I’m not the one saying it, Fiverr said it in one of their pages.

Here’s the proof:

I click on one of my skills, “Facebook Marketing”

42%20PM

And who’s on the second row? Me!

Would that be the case if I hadn’t done the Learn course, Facebook Ads Targeting, I don’t think so.

Besides, I never said it was the only thing that improves your ranking. Good reviews, completed orders, etc, also improves your ranking. Besides, the Learn course: Online Freelancing Essentials: be a successful Fiverr seller, is FREE. Takes about an hour to complete, you can do 10 minutes a day or get it done in two days.

Personally, I wish they did a partnership with Udemy because Udemy offers a lot more courses than Learn, but Fiverr does what Fiverr does, and we can either swim against the current and drown, or we can swim with the current and stay afloat. I’d rather stay afloat.

And who’s on the second row? Me!..

Though there are other sellers on the same row who haven’t completed that “learn from Fiverr” course.

None of the sellers on the top row of “Facebook Marketing Experts” have completed that “learn from Fiverr” course.

Unless you noticed a significant increase in impressions after completing the course, it may not have affected your gig’s rank. It hasn’t been definitely stated by Fiverr that completing courses will have an affect on rank. Only that it can, but we don’t know whether they just mean as a side-effect of buyers seeing that badge and deciding to buy partly because of it.

So it would be useful if Fiverr actually said if the algorithm that determines rank actually does (or always does) take into account whether a course/relevant course has been completed.

And who’s on the second row? Me!..

Though there are other sellers on the same row who haven’t completed that “learn from Fiverr” course.

None of the sellers on the top row of “Facebook Marketing Experts” have completed that “learn from Fiverr” course.

Unless you noticed a significant increase in impressions after completing the course, it may not have affected your gig’s rank. It hasn’t been definitely stated by Fiverr that completing courses will have an affect on rank. Only that it can, but we don’t know whether they just mean as a side-effect of buyers seeing that badge and deciding to buy partly because of it.

So it would be useful if Fiverr actually said if the algorithm that determines rank actually does (or always does) take into account whether a course/relevant course has been completed.

That’s a good point. The question is whether having that badge helps me get sales or not, and I think it does. With that said, it’s my 2nd most popular gig, my #1 gig has no badges because Learn doesn’t offer any course for that. Only logo designers and a some other people have access to great courses.

If you’re an article writer, there’s a course for you.

How the algorithm works is a mystery, but Fiverr did say that completing a Learn course is one of the things you can do to improve your ranking.

That’s a good point. The question is whether having that badge helps me get sales or not, and I think it does. With that said, it’s my 2nd most popular gig, my #1 gig has no badges because Learn doesn’t offer any course for that. Only logo designers and a some other people have access to great courses.

How the algorithm works is a mystery, but Fiverr did say that completing a Learn course is one of the things you can do to improve your ranking.

The question is whether having that badge helps me get sales or not, and I think it does.

Have you noticed a huge difference in the gig positioning/sorting after you completed the course? Is your other gig, the one without a badge even rotating in search or it is placed deeply on one of the last pages in the specific category?

The question is whether having that badge helps me get sales or not, and I think it does.

I think it does too. People are looking for reassurance and that gives it to them.

I think the secret for better ranking is “The short URL” on 70% of cases.

It’s the same ranking system on Google search.

The bot start searching the keyword, from the left to the right.

can you elaborate more on your point please…

which URL will rank better…

I will design feminine logo and I will design a watercolor feminine logo… because the gig tittle has impact on URL as well

I think the secret for better ranking is “The short URL” on 70% of cases.

It’s the same ranking system on Google search.

The bot start searching the keyword, from the left to the right.

@cherboub

can you elaborate more on your point please…

which URL will rank better…

I will design feminine logo and I will design a watercolor feminine logo… because the gig tittle has impact on URL as well

Have you noticed a huge difference in the gig positioning/sorting after you completed the course? Is your other gig, the one without a badge even rotating in search or it is placed deeply on one of the last pages in the specific category?

My #1 gig does better than my Facebook gig, but I think that’s because my #1 gig has wider appeal.

The issue is being found, and as you have seen, you can click on seller A, then look at his skills, then click on them and see more sellers.

For example, I click on “English Language” and get this:

Hire The Best English Language Experts

Find the most talented english language experts in Fiverr to bring your ideas to life.

Ironically, I don’t see myself on the first page, but maybe I see you and I hire you.

I believe we should take advantage of everything Fiverr offers. Take the exams that relate to your gig, if you fail, you can always hide the score. Do at least one Learn course, start with the free one, and take notes to make sure you can pass all the tests at the end of each chapter. If your gigs are about animation, music, video editing, make sure you have a video.

This doesn’t guarantee results, but it can’t hurt.

This might sound strange, but I personally find that I get alot more new orders when I am at Level One and especially New Seller. Whenever I am at Level Two it’s radio sellers, only return customers. Before last month I got dropped to Level One for a 89% response rate. It was a really good month being at Level One. Lots new orders. But then I got upgrade to Level Two after the evaluation, and now I am getting no orders.

Does anyone experience this?

Yes, I noticed the same issue, more order when demoted to level 1 now that I’m back to level 2 few orders and messages from potential buyers.

Guest netartica

Thank you Hazirabegum for your kind support, your this great dedication would be really very helpful to newbies like us. thanks again.

Guest netartica

I am facing same problem too i am seller two but i don’t get any order and message now my gig is now going to down and down i am trying to change many time my gigs keywords and meta tags but it’s not working yet i don’t understand what is the problem. can you please review my profile and help me what is the problem in my gigs??

Thanks

I think you first chosen keyword will stay same even you change it ? your gig address will be same after you change your title keywords. please correct me if I am wrong?

I think you first chosen keyword will stay same even you change it ? your gig address will be same after you change your title keywords. please correct me if I am wrong?

your gig address will be same after you change your title keywords. please correct me if I am wrong?

Yes, the url of a gig is permanent, and cannot be changed.

Guest netartica

your gig address will be same after you change your title keywords. please correct me if I am wrong?

Yes, the url of a gig is permanent, and cannot be changed.

Thank you jonbaas, so what comes when our changes still remain there? because the SEO will see the url keywords and then may be the title I think?

Thank you jonbaas, so what comes when our changes still remain there? because the SEO will see the url keywords and then may be the title I think?

The url of a gig is permanent. If you want a better url, you’ll have to delete that gig, and start a new one with a better first-time title.

Guest netartica

The url of a gig is permanent. If you want a better url, you’ll have to delete that gig, and start a new one with a better first-time title.

yes this is I already knew it. I am talking about the sales which you made by use the gig you want to delete. what about that? and again thank you jonbaas.

Archived