My opinion about gig Ranking

hazirabegum

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using the best keywords means using the keywords everyone else is using, sometimes it helps to have one or two keywords that are not too obvious.

For example, you have this gig:

I Will Design Professional Unique Business Logo Design

If your keyword is “logo,” that’s a lot of results.

If your keyword is “bar logo,” that’s 150 results.

Restaurant logo gives 373 results

Hotel logo only 69 results.

Real estate logo is extremely popular, with 5589.

So you should think about who you want to target. Lots of businesses need logos: churches, bakeries, non-profits, community organizations, individual religions, political groups, etc.

And you should look at your other gigs as well.

There are 71 results for “vintage t-shirt,” are you using that keyword in your t-shirt gig?

Using the best keywords means using the keywords everyone else is using, sometimes it helps to have one or two keywords that are not too obvious.

So you should think about who you want to target. Lots of businesses need logos: churches, bakeries, non-profits, community organizations, individual religions, political groups, etc.

There are 71 results for “vintage t-shirt,” are you using that keyword in your t-shirt gig?

This is called “niching down” and it’s an extremely powerful thing you can do.

How much should we use keywords in the content?

I’m not sure. Does using keywords in the gig description help on Fiverr or does it help your SEO outside of Fiverr? I just use them in the tag section.

Exactly. Of course, if the niche is too rare and nobody’s searching for it, then it has little value.

Such as this example:

1-48 of 82 results for "fruit logo"

Most of the gigs there have no reviews, the ones that do have a few reviews.

I’m not sure. Does using keywords in the gig description help on Fiverr or does it help your SEO outside of Fiverr? I just use them in the tag section.

Exactly. Of course, if the niche is too rare and nobody’s searching for it, then it has little value.

Such as this example:

1-48 of 82 results for "fruit logo"

Most of the gigs there have no reviews, the ones that do have a few reviews.

You’re a night owl like me.

In most cases. But I actually changed my gigs recently 4 times and it didn’t loose its ranking at all. So I was really surprised by that fact. (Need to say that that was small changes)

That also depends on what was edited. If you edit the meta data or tags your gig will disappear for some time if not 3 days. But when you only edit your gallery, description, pricing, gig name then you won’t have any problem disappearing from the search. However this is a personal experience.

That also depends on what was edited. If you edit the meta data or tags your gig will disappear for some time if not 3 days. But when you only edit your gallery, description, pricing, gig name then you won’t have any problem disappearing from the search. However this is a personal experience.

But when you only edit your gallery, description, pricing, gig name then you won’t have any problem disappearing from the search. However this is a personal experience.

I think if I reverse your sentence it will be good. If you change gig title then your gig can be disappeared from search page. And if you change gig images then the gig also disappear for some time and also affect on ranking …Changing price doesn’t affect I think … And meta tag affect on keyword searching … It is also my experience and I have seen it is same with some people …

Focusing on a niche is great! Thanks for bringing that up. People want to be everything to everyone, but that not only means you aren’t discoverable, it means you don’t specialize in something. You become much more attractive to an audience if you specialize in what they want and need and you fix their particular problem.

The numbers appear after you search.

Under: sort by: Relevance, you will see this:

1-48 of 8248 results for "photoshop editing"

But this shows number of gigs in under a specific keyword and doesn’t show how many times that keyword has been searched on Fiverr. I guess the more number of gigs under a specific keyword means the competition is intense there and a new seller will have to struggle hard there. Is there any way to determine how many times a keyword was searched? Or we can simply judge by writing the a key word in the search bar on Fiverr and can see the suggestions and from there we can see the list of keywords.

But this shows number of gigs in under a specific keyword and doesn’t show how many times that keyword has been searched on Fiverr. I guess the more number of gigs under a specific keyword means the competition is intense there and a new seller will have to struggle hard there. Is there any way to determine how many times a keyword was searched? Or we can simply judge by writing the a key word in the search bar on Fiverr and can see the suggestions and from there we can see the list of keywords.

Thank you for bringing his up. Value is limited if we can’t research visitor activity.

But this shows number of gigs in under a specific keyword and doesn’t show how many times that keyword has been searched on Fiverr.

My point is it shows your competition

More Competition = Less Possibility Of A Sale

Is there any way to determine how many times a keyword was searched?

No, but that’s not important. You have to ask yourself what am I selling and how many people are selling it. Then you have to see if you’re gigs are competitive.

There’s an expression, “in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king”

that’s why you should always first look for the most used words in each category to ensure a greater traffic of people in your profile, which can turn into potential sales

Most used words doesn’t mean most searched words.

And if you’re using keywords that a lot of other sellers are using, especially top sellers, you have a lower chance of ranking because the competition is so high.

Most used words doesn’t mean most searched words.

And if you’re using keywords that a lot of other sellers are using, especially top sellers, you have a lower chance of ranking because the competition is so high.

This MIGHT be true in some cases. But it’s best to use keywords that people search for regardless of how many others use them or who uses them.

Archived