My opinion about gig Ranking

hazirabegum

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest netartica

How can I know what keywords are best for my Gig?

Consider it! when people search for the service or product you’re offering what keyword they use for getting the best result.

URL, Title, Image name and key tag should be same and relevant to your service or product.

I totally agree with you. Though I’ve been struggling with gig ranking myself, I’ve been tweaking my gig with keywords for some time now. I hope I get on first page soon.

Good luck!

Note that where you rank on the first page and in what circumstance is most important. For some ranking on the first page of a search query will get more impressions, views and sales than tanking on a category page and ranking high for a query is likely much more likely. That’s why it’s important to seek to understand the needs and search behaviours of your target market.

Amid many factors outside of your performance.

Please don’t perpetuate your myth that your activity dictates your ranking. There are many, many other factors that are out of your control. Sellers need to understand the limitations of their activity and adapt to that rather than thinking that if they do all the right things they will rank. How could everyone rank well, anyway? If hundreds of sellers do what you say, they can’t all get on the front page.

But for sure I’ve noticed over time when i have orders with long delivery dates or if i have orders on a particular gig sequencially, it ranks… Not sure about other factors…

Amid many factors outside of your performance.

Please don’t perpetuate your myth that your activity dictates your ranking. There are many, many other factors that are out of your control. Sellers need to understand the limitations of their activity and adapt to that rather than thinking that if they do all the right things they will rank. How could everyone rank well, anyway? If hundreds of sellers do what you say, they can’t all get on the front page.

My gig was at the third page, but Immediately I got cancellation, guess what it went to page 7.

Cancellation last for 60days!

Fiverr is more of market place not Google search. Think of think; I could search for cartoon portrait and BOOM!!! find a Gig ‘vector illustration’ at third line in the first page, notice the title doesn’t match, I check the search tags, nothing like cartoon portrait, but the description portrait once!

It’s more about your reputation, if your services SUCKS, better people are replaced and you go down no matter how SEO expert you are! Fiverr is a market place and they want to give their customers the best of their services!

I had came up with a great tips to SUCCEED!, after relentless conversations with the support team, not once on how to rank! If I gather them together it’s a semi ALGORITHM REVEALED!

ask me 'what’s it’s!!!

Guest netartica

Do not edit your gig! People’s rankings drop when they edit their gig. I dont know why, but thats just the algorithm.

Don’t get afraid to improve your gig by this little down fall of the gig ranking. same as you will never stop combing to your hair even you know your hair can be broken. The main objective is to get ordered and if your gig is not much attractive it would be hard for any one to get new orders.

Do not edit your gig! People’s rankings drop when they edit their gig. I dont know why, but thats just the algorithm.

That fall is temporary.

I have changed my gigs several times. It brought me more business.

You shouldn’t avoid modifying your business where suitable just because of a temporary fall after you edit.

• 2 weeks later...

This might sound strange, but I personally find that I get alot more new orders when I am at Level One and especially New Seller. Whenever I am at Level Two it’s radio sellers, only return customers. Before last month I got dropped to Level One for a 89% response rate. It was a really good month being at Level One. Lots new orders. But then I got upgrade to Level Two after the evaluation, and now I am getting no orders.

Does anyone experience this?

I am facing the same problem . whennever I move into level two, Things change immediatly . Only returning buyers and gigs are not ranking yet nothing I have done .

My gig was at the third page, but Immediately I got cancellation, guess what it went to page 7.

Cancellation last for 60days!

Fiverr is more of market place not Google search. Think of think; I could search for cartoon portrait and BOOM!!! find a Gig ‘vector illustration’ at third line in the first page, notice the title doesn’t match, I check the search tags, nothing like cartoon portrait, but the description portrait once!

It’s more about your reputation, if your services SUCKS, better people are replaced and you go down no matter how SEO expert you are! Fiverr is a market place and they want to give their customers the best of their services!

I had came up with a great tips to SUCCEED!, after relentless conversations with the support team, not once on how to rank! If I gather them together it’s a semi ALGORITHM REVEALED!

ask me 'what’s it’s!!!

You no longer have an account… Tips to succeed and algorithm revealed along with relentless conversations with the support team still wasn’t enough.

This might sound strange, but I personally find that I get alot more new orders when I am at Level One and especially New Seller. Whenever I am at Level Two it’s radio sellers, only return customers. Before last month I got dropped to Level One for a 89% response rate. It was a really good month being at Level One. Lots new orders. But then I got upgrade to Level Two after the evaluation, and now I am getting no orders.

Does anyone experience this?

Wow I am almost at The top level so that makes me nervous.

• 2 weeks later...

There are several things that affect gig ranking. Use of better keywords is only one aspect of it.

SEO optimization, uploading a video and optimize your gallery, adding FAQs and some other things also affect your gig rank.

Fiverr is dynamic platform. So you may need to update you gig time to time.

Good luck!

Hi Andrea, I am glad to have your precious comments on the subject matter. Your golden words are obviously helpful for sellers.

Maybe buyers think level 1 is better than level 2.

I’m not sure about this (levels), I mean if the seller want to chase just the level, the seller can manipulate the system by purchasing gigs by itself until the seller reach the level 2. Which that means, level 0, level 1, and level 2 are just grey area for the buyer and also for the seller.

Archived