My opinion about gig Ranking

hazirabegum

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if you’re using keywords that a lot of other sellers are using, especially top sellers, you have a lower chance of ranking because the competition is so high.

This MIGHT be true in some cases. But it’s best to use keywords that people search for regardless of how many others use them or who uses them.

Certainly. To clarify, I am not saying to avoid popular keywords even if they are what your audience searches for, just not to rely on them to rank.

Chances are there are long tail keywords buyers use in searches that are underused bu other sellers, especially because many don’t understand SEO research.

Certainly. To clarify, I am not saying to avoid popular keywords even if they are what your audience searches for, just not to rely on them to rank.

Chances are there are long tail keywords buyers use in searches that are underused bu other sellers, especially because many don’t understand SEO research.

If only there was some way to see these more obscure keywords people search on. Maybe by looking at the ones others use?

My question is after I changed the tags, my gig disappeared from gig ranking. I am not sure how many times modification I have made in a day, I guess I made a lot of changes in one day. I tried to put the tag Amazon Product Sourcing which I am using in the search bar, and choose my location China, and scroll down all gigs there but didn’t find my gigs. :frowning_face:
Anyone could help me check my profile and let me know my problem? Thank you!

My question is after I changed the tags, my gig disappeared from gig ranking. I am not sure how many times modification I have made in a day, I guess I made a lot of changes in one day. I tried to put the tag Amazon Product Sourcing which I am using in the search bar, and choose my location China, and scroll down all gigs there but didn’t find my gigs. :frowning_face:

Anyone could help me check my profile and let me know my problem? Thank you!

Sometimes it takes 48hours after editing

no, I just did an experiment today, I created a gig with ‘a certain phrasr’ in the title. Then I searched on fiverr with the same keyword ‘a certain phrase’ after 5 minutes and it was right there on first page on top.

So I think if the competition is less, you have a chance of coming up on top quickly within a day. That is only my opinion and I am new on fiverr too.

no, I just did an experiment today, I created a gig with ‘a certain phrasr’ in the title. Then I searched on fiverr with the same keyword ‘a certain phrase’ after 5 minutes and it was right there on first page on top.

So I think if the competition is less, you have a chance of coming up on top quickly within a day. That is only my opinion and I am new on fiverr too.

I’m 100% agree with you…but sometimes it takes 48hours…

• 2 weeks later...

Using the best keywords means using the keywords everyone else is using, sometimes it helps to have one or two keywords that are not too obvious.

For example, you have this gig:

I Will Design Professional Unique Business Logo Design

If your keyword is “logo,” that’s a lot of results.

If your keyword is “bar logo,” that’s 150 results.

Restaurant logo gives 373 results

Hotel logo only 69 results.

Real estate logo is extremely popular, with 5589.

So you should think about who you want to target. Lots of businesses need logos: churches, bakeries, non-profits, community organizations, individual religions, political groups, etc.

And you should look at your other gigs as well.

There are 71 results for “vintage t-shirt,” are you using that keyword in your t-shirt gig?

I have a trouble to know low search result keywork ranked earlier or high searched ranked earliye

Gigs constantly jump all over the place now so you cannot try to get a certain position with keywords, titles or any of that. And if you happen to see your gig in a certain place, it’s going to change the next time you see it.

When I see people saying they are on the first page I look for their gigs and don’t see them on the first page. So there is no way anyone can get gigs on the first page or if they do keep them there.

How much should we use keywords in the content?

I’m not sure. Does using keywords in the gig description help on Fiverr or does it help your SEO outside of Fiverr? I just use them in the tag section.

This is called “niching down” and it’s an extremely powerful thing you can do.

Exactly. Of course, if the niche is too rare and nobody’s searching for it, then it has little value.

Such as this example:

1-48 of 82 results for "fruit logo"

Most of the gigs there have no reviews, the ones that do have a few reviews.

Thanks for your this info

I have a trouble to know low search result keywork ranked earlier or high searched ranked earliye

Nobody knows that information, but you can always search keywords to see how many results you get. In this case, more isn’t necessarily better. It’s easier to be found when there are 50 or 500 results, than when there are 10,000 results.

I also recommend Fiverr’s Learn course: Online Freelancing Essentials: be a successful Fiverr seller

I learned that completing Learn courses can help you improve your ranking. For example, if you’re a logo designer, and you do " Creating Brand Identity Systems", that might help you rank better in the search results, which translates to sales.

I can’t vouch for that course because it’s really for logo designers, not for me, but it has an overall rating of 4.7.

Nobody knows that information, but you can always search keywords to see how many results you get. In this case, more isn’t necessarily better. It’s easier to be found when there are 50 or 500 results, than when there are 10,000 results.

I also recommend Fiverr’s Learn course: Online Freelancing Essentials: be a successful Fiverr seller

I learned that completing Learn courses can help you improve your ranking. For example, if you’re a logo designer, and you do " Creating Brand Identity Systems", that might help you rank better in the search results, which translates to sales.

I can’t vouch for that course because it’s really for logo designers, not for me, but it has an overall rating of 4.7.

This this a bad joke? Aren’t you the author of books on Amazon detailing how to be successful on Fiverr and a former TRS?

Are you really saying that all your experience over the years was of absolutely no benefit to you until coughed up and paid Fiverr $35?

You can take a good beating, I’ll give you that.

I learned that completing Learn courses can help you improve your ranking.

That should affect indirectly, when the customer opens the gig and see the badges. If the course completion directly give you “points” for higher ranking, that is really unprofessional. Not everyone can afford paying for courses and at the end of the day, not everyone needs it.

This this a bad joke? Aren’t you the author of books on Amazon detailing how to be successful on Fiverr and a former TRS?

Are you really saying that all your experience over the years was of absolutely no benefit to you until coughed up and paid Fiverr $35?

I see his best gig is on page one. He may know something we don’t.

Yeah, you can pay to be there.

Sadly, the way that business model works is that eventually you have to keep on buying more Learn courses over and over. After all, there are only so many page one positions. I, at least, will be passing on that money grab.

Yeah, you can pay to be there.

Sadly, the way that business model works is that eventually you have to keep on buying more Learn courses over and over. After all, there are only so many page one positions. I, at least, will be passing on that money grab.

Sadly, the way that business model works is that eventually you have to keep on buying more Learn courses over and over.

I agree. It is probably important just to pay for it and not use it for the main purpose, to level up the seller’s skills and the quality of the work offered on this site.

I didn’t know personal attacks were allowed in the forum, but to answer your question. Yes, I wrote a book about being a Top Rated Seller, back in the good all days before the level system. So what? Things change! It’s not my fault that they do. Most of the advice in that book is still valid.

I am saying doing Learn by Fiverr courses improves your ranking, in fact, I’m not the one saying it, Fiverr said it in one of their pages.

Here’s the proof:

I click on one of my skills, “Facebook Marketing”

1529762430_ScreenShot2019-05-26at5_36_42PM.png.cc265ad62f4d831f72cd67046cac22ce.png

And who’s on the second row? Me!

1025048808_ScreenShot2019-05-26at5_36_19PM.thumb.png.e104c686cb8ca38ccdbc1d98742b4e68.png

Would that be the case if I hadn’t done the Learn course, Facebook Ads Targeting, I don’t think so.

Besides, I never said it was the only thing that improves your ranking. Good reviews, completed orders, etc, also improves your ranking. Besides, the Learn course: Online Freelancing Essentials: be a successful Fiverr seller, is FREE. Takes about an hour to complete, you can do 10 minutes a day or get it done in two days.

Personally, I wish they did a partnership with Udemy because Udemy offers a lot more courses than Learn, but Fiverr does what Fiverr does, and we can either swim against the current and drown, or we can swim with the current and stay afloat. I’d rather stay afloat.

I didn’t know personal attacks were allowed in the forum, but to answer your question. Yes, I wrote a book about being a Top Rated Seller, back in the good all days before the level system. So what? Things change! It’s not my fault that they do. Most of the advice in that book is still valid.

I am saying doing Learn by Fiverr courses improves your ranking, in fact, I’m not the one saying it, Fiverr said it in one of their pages.

Here’s the proof:

I click on one of my skills, “Facebook Marketing”

42%20PM

And who’s on the second row? Me!

Would that be the case if I hadn’t done the Learn course, Facebook Ads Targeting, I don’t think so.

Besides, I never said it was the only thing that improves your ranking. Good reviews, completed orders, etc, also improves your ranking. Besides, the Learn course: Online Freelancing Essentials: be a successful Fiverr seller, is FREE. Takes about an hour to complete, you can do 10 minutes a day or get it done in two days.

Personally, I wish they did a partnership with Udemy because Udemy offers a lot more courses than Learn, but Fiverr does what Fiverr does, and we can either swim against the current and drown, or we can swim with the current and stay afloat. I’d rather stay afloat.

I’m not the one saying it, Fiverr said it in one of their pages.

They certainly did. Here’s the exact quote:

"Therefore, by successfully completing a course, you’re also likely to gain more visibility in the Fiverr marketplace.

… Passing a course is only one of many factors that can impact your ranking on Fiverr."

I’m in the process of creating my first Gig. I’ll probably take that free course you mentioned. Based on the quote above, it can’t hurt.

Archived