About block the seller

logotodaydesign

Yes. Constant questions, advice seeking and general monopolising of time after the gig was completed.

The last straw was, when I told them they’d have to pay for my time, the reply was: “Now, don’t go all fiverr on me” (!)

Blocked.

The last straw was, when I told them they’d have to pay for my time, the reply was: “Now, don’t go all fiverr on me” (!)

Blocked.

😁

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few times! Sometimes they’re not requesting more than what they paid for - as much as they have unreasonable expectations of my time, and the results they may or may not get… Constantly asking “Have you started yet… how many visitors / views will I get etc…!?” and that type of thing… (Even though there’s a 4 day window and they’re just 12 hours in) lol…😂😑

Constantly asking “Have you started yet… how many visitors / views will I get etc…!?”

I have something similar happen. They are excited and eager which is understandable. Like children on a car trip asking “are we there yet?”

Constantly asking “Have you started yet… how many visitors / views will I get etc…!?”

I have something similar happen. They are excited and eager which is understandable. Like children on a car trip asking “are we there yet?”

Yes! 😂 exactly - but they need to be patient when the gig they order is organic - it takes time!

A good way to avoid problematic buyers is to market yourself in a proactive way.

What I mean is, you should design your gigs/profile in a way that automatically repels the wrong buyers, so that they “block” themselves from you.

The most obvious example is how your price your gig. If your gig is particularly cheap, you’ll attract price shoppers, cheapskates and low quality customers by default. On the other hand, if your gig is more expensive, you’re more likely to attract customers that properly value your services and will treat you correctly.

Another way to go about it is to be clear about what your gig doesn’t do, to automatically disqualify buyers who have the wrong idea.

I hope it’ll help some of you.

On the other hand, if your gig is more expensive, you’re more likely to attract customers that properly value your services and will treat you correctly.

That’s not necessarily so. If someone pays $5, he might not go through the trouble of getting back his $5. If he pays $50 or $500, chances are he will.

My way to avoid problem buyers is to set realistic expectations, never promise 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back, and for my #1 gig, let them know immediately that I do not give refunds. This hurts my sales on that gig, but because Fiverr demands a 90% order completion rate, I have no choice.

• 1 month later...

On the other hand, if your gig is more expensive, you’re more likely to attract customers that properly value your services and will treat you correctly.

That’s not necessarily so. If someone pays $5, he might not go through the trouble of getting back his $5. If he pays $50 or $500, chances are he will.

My way to avoid problem buyers is to set realistic expectations, never promise 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back, and for my #1 gig, let them know immediately that I do not give refunds. This hurts my sales on that gig, but because Fiverr demands a 90% order completion rate, I have no choice.

If he pays $50 or $500, chances are he will.

I’ve only had that happen one time with an obvious scam attempt. The $5 buyers were the ones very concerned with that $5 and trying to get it back.

Generally speaking, $5 buyers are very money conscious and aware they spent a whopping $5, and are more likely to try to get it back. Either that or they immediately forget they even placed an order and never bother to come back to fill in the requirements so the order starts.

I’ve only had that happen one time with an obvious scam attempt. The $5 buyers were the ones very concerned with that $5 and trying to get it back.

Generally speaking, $5 buyers are very money conscious and aware they spent a whopping $5, and are more likely to try to get it back. Either that or they immediately forget they even placed an order and never bother to come back to fill in the requirements so the order starts.

Yes yor are right thanks

Today I got a revision request from a $10 buyer.

“Its not as suave as I expected.”

I “delivered” a long response, explaining what I need to make a revision.

If he had paid $20, maybe he would have given better instructions from the moment he ordered.

Of course, some buyers are crazy. One guy ordered book titles, I delivered, and then he wanted me to explain every book title, give him the “why.” Then he demanded a revision and shared al ink about how to write book titles. I found that insulting, but did the work anyway. He accepted my work, give me 5 stars for the first two options, then 2 stars for “buy again.” So a 4.1 review.

Thanks to the blind review system, he ended up getting 3 stars.

Today I got a revision request from a $10 buyer.

“Its not as suave as I expected.”

I “delivered” a long response, explaining what I need to make a revision.

If he had paid $20, maybe he would have given better instructions from the moment he ordered.

Of course, some buyers are crazy. One guy ordered book titles, I delivered, and then he wanted me to explain every book title, give him the “why.” Then he demanded a revision and shared al ink about how to write book titles. I found that insulting, but did the work anyway. He accepted my work, give me 5 stars for the first two options, then 2 stars for “buy again.” So a 4.1 review.

Thanks to the blind review system, he ended up getting 3 stars.

Yes mostbof the buyer amis really disheart tobus by his review first he is very happy but the time of review he left 4 stars

I had a buyer before who availed my service for a very cheap price and was very demanding with his order. we’ve agreed to have 2 days turnaround time, but he kept on asking for revisions for 6 days. after delivering and satisfying all his demands, he finally completed the order and gave a 5 star rating.

after that, I blocked him. he created a new account and messaged me, telling me that he needed more revisions. he is very angry because of the blocking. he reported me to fiverr support. unfortunately, fiverr suddenly decided to refund the fee back to the buyer, and give me a warning. it was very frustrating.

I invested so much time and effort for that order for 6 days. what did I get? fiverr warning and a refund. buyer got the service for free.

I had a buyer before who availed my service for a very cheap price and was very demanding with his order. we’ve agreed to have 2 days turnaround time, but he kept on asking for revisions for 6 days. after delivering and satisfying all his demands, he finally completed the order and gave a 5 star rating.

after that, I blocked him. he created a new account and messaged me, telling me that he needed more revisions. he is very angry because of the blocking. he reported me to fiverr support. unfortunately, fiverr suddenly decided to refund the fee back to the buyer, and give me a warning. it was very frustrating.

I invested so much time and effort for that order for 6 days. what did I get? fiverr warning and a refund. buyer got the service for free.

You offer unlimited revisions, so CS will side with the buyer if the buyer wants more revisions.

Also, you might want to change some of your gig titles, the parts where you promise to do the work in several hours. That kind of promise, especially when combined with unlimited revisions, is a magnet for bad buyers and scammers.

You offer unlimited revisions, so CS will side with the buyer if the buyer wants more revisions.

Also, you might want to change some of your gig titles, the parts where you promise to do the work in several hours. That kind of promise, especially when combined with unlimited revisions, is a magnet for bad buyers and scammers.

thank you for your suggestion. I changed the gig titles now. about the revisions, you are also correct. I am offering unlimited revisions so that the buyer can request as much revisions as he/she wants within 2 days. though there are very few special buyers who tends to abuse this and requests for revisions, even beyond the agreed deadline. I’ll try to limit the number of revisions and see if it will work.

• 3 months later...

Hey so I have a question. There is this client whom I offered 10 dollars for sketching 7 characters but then he asked me to color them in black and white and I told him I take 10 dollars for 1 character. To which he threatened me that upselling my offer would get me banned from fiverr. I have already got 1 warning from fiverr and got scared to get another so I didn’t block him and asked CS to sort it out. Have I done the correct thing or should i block him right away?

I probably would block anyone who threatened me because I don’t want to work with people who resort to threats to get their way. However, you need to take the whole situation into account. If you have an order with someone who might still ask for revisions, you can’t well block them, for example, and your hesitation because of your warning is very understandable too.

You could also politely have suggested that upselling actually is no bannable offense, quite the contrary, and a customary thing in all business areas, even link to Fiverr’s info article on “The Art of the Upsell”. Of course, that might have made them upset … 😉

I suppose, what they wanted to actually say wasn’t upselling but bait-and-switch, which indeed isn’t an agreeable thing to do on Fiverr or elsewhere, but hardly what you did if your prices and services are mentioned clearly in your gigs. 🙂
As you have contacted CS already about it, there’s not much you can do but wait for the outcome, but they should be able to see from the conversation and facts that you are in the right. 7 characters for 10 dollars sounds like an absolute steal, by the way, he should’ve been content with that, or manned up and paid the price you take for coloring.

Do check to make sure your gigs really are clear on that if you’re not certain, though, try to look at it “with a buyers’ eyes”. If everything is crystal clear, that will put you into a much better position when it comes to deal with buyers like that and with CS.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

edit: I see this was a thread from April…

after that, I blocked him. he created a new account and messaged me, telling me that he needed more revisions. he is very angry because of the blocking. he reported me to fiverr support. unfortunately, fiverr suddenly decided to refund the fee back to the buyer, and give me a warning.

So how is it that he came back with a new account that he got a refund on from his previous account? This seems strange.

Archived