Uh-oh, fiverr Campaign did it again!

frank_d

poll  

1. 1. poll

• What do you think the gig express true freedom?
    • Or was it a dumb and poorly done gig?

Okay okay okay, you wanted it.

ferrero.thumb.png.de3e5b5a57b96b3629c4f80c51800d6c.png

Aw, sorry, you didn´t do look fast enough before I did give the pyramid a kick, all caffeinated like I am.

Also:

Let others join the conversation

This topic is clearly important to you – you’ve posted more than 24% of the replies here.

Are you sure you’re providing adequate time for other people to share their points of view, too?

Guess that means I should go and do. Sleep.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the one anyone from the UK remembers. It’s a classic! Unlike the crapfest that is Fiverr’s ad campaign. As a side note, FR is still available in Greece–albeit in some very cheap looking plastic trays.

My personal favorite is this:

ferrero_raffaello_T15-700x700.jpg.ae7a475a6845e60718842824026c64eb.jpg

But nothing beats this:

guylianchocolate1.jpg.47f869ddeef85af1ba6a35404ed5a9cc.jpg

6ccbe3c0d2796e5b47a990bd5b94fdd4.thumb.jpg.7d2ec4aadf3758c9062a87e573410959.jpg

I’m a little late to the party here - I was busy making my MS Paint drawing for the competition.

You see, I’m a doer and I value nothing above my work. Kids, family, health, happiness can be left behind as I only value making money and making sure other people think I am successful. Nothing will stop me from doing this, achieving my goals and then being able to die young with nobody too upset as they never saw me anyway. My social media followers may eventually wonder what happened but probably not as I have Hootsuite automatically pumping out inspirational drivel that the morons worship me for so I guess in their minds I am immortal.

It’s funny, I never believed, when I left the 9-5 rat race where everything I did was essentially meaningless, that some day I would be able to have the opportunity to work 80-100 hours per week and not be able to shit without having my phone nearby in case that was the time when somebody needed me for a live interview. Here’s to the doers!

I’ll raise my bowl of dry nescafe to that! Hell, since I’ve just followed through like a really good doer, I might even throw my soiled spiderman boxers into the air. Hooray for doers!

I’ll raise my bowl of dry nescafe to that! Hell, since I’ve just followed through like a really good doer, I might even throw my soiled spiderman boxers into the air. Hooray for doers!

My spidey senses tell me that throwing soiled underwear into the air with glee is a disaster waiting to happen.

My spidey senses tell me that throwing soiled underwear into the air with glee is a disaster waiting to happen.

Well, it’s a sure way to get evicted if I do it too often and it would severely dampen my the mood of my occasional social soirees.

This ad and the comments on Twitter about it are sad to me, because alongside the difficulties that freelancing brings, I find a lot to love about the freelance life. I don’t think the ad captures the way I feel about what I do here or how I do it. On the contrary, at my last job I dealt with a boss that treated me like dirt, I worked on salary 80 hours a week (no overtime) and barely slept because of time and stress. I ate from the vending machines at working between tons of stupid meetings.

My freelance life consists of ME deciding what I want to do and how I want to do it, so with or without the buzzword, I’m a doer by choice. I get to sleep as much as I need if I choose to. I cook for myself when I’m hungry and keep healthy food around so it’s available to me when I need it. I live a far more satisfying life as a freelancer and self-employed writer (the other half of my work life) than I ever did working for someone else.

On the good side, maybe that ad will chase away people who otherwise wanted to be on Fiverr and leave more buyers for me! 🙂

Am I the only one here that A: does not drink coffee, and B: does not like coffee? I will have an occasional tea (UNSWEET) though.

I drink lots of tea, herbal and unsweetened mostly, but coffe is one of my vices. Was before fiverr already though, so I can´t blame them. 😉

Am I the only one here that A: does not drink coffee, and B: does not like coffee? I will have an occasional tea (UNSWEET) though.

You’re def. not alone. I cannot stand coffee. I’m a drink water and hot chocolate only kind of person. I hardly ever drink anything else. Unsweet tea on occasions, but almost always water or hot chocolate.

This ad and the comments on Twitter about it are sad to me, because alongside the difficulties that freelancing brings, I find a lot to love about the freelance life. I don’t think the ad captures the way I feel about what I do here or how I do it. On the contrary, at my last job I dealt with a boss that treated me like dirt, I worked on salary 80 hours a week (no overtime) and barely slept because of time and stress. I ate from the vending machines at working between tons of stupid meetings.

My freelance life consists of ME deciding what I want to do and how I want to do it, so with or without the buzzword, I’m a doer by choice. I get to sleep as much as I need if I choose to. I cook for myself when I’m hungry and keep healthy food around so it’s available to me when I need it. I live a far more satisfying life as a freelancer and self-employed writer (the other half of my work life) than I ever did working for someone else.

On the good side, maybe that ad will chase away people who otherwise wanted to be on Fiverr and leave more buyers for me! 🙂

I think most of the comments on Twitter were from freelancers NOT on Fiverr, who were triggered by one of the following:

A) the fact that the ad seemed to promote an unhealthy lifestyle of a “doer”. Constantly hassling, sleep has no meaning, etc.

B) the fact that they were graphic designers or animators that know for a fact that over 40% of sellers on Fiverr sell stolen work

C) People baffled about how one would proceed to eat coffee as opposed to drinking it. 🙂

Archived