Uh-oh, fiverr Campaign did it again!

frank_d

poll  

1. 1. poll

• What do you think the gig express true freedom?
    • Or was it a dumb and poorly done gig?

Blame these guys (warning, front page of this website may induce epileptic fit)

http://dcx.nyc/

Interesting snippet from a PR about these guys:

“Fiverr has the potential to democratize entrepreneurship and change history, just as the Ford Model T democratized cars,” said Douglas Cameron, founder of DCX. “We’ve started using Fiverr ourselves to create animated videos and illustrated storyboards, so we have a firsthand understanding of how Fiverr can help small businesses become much more competitive. Our goal is to push Fiverr’s revolutionary business model by educating the entrepreneurial public on how they can use Fiverr to rapidly build their own businesses and thrive economically.”

http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/dcx-growth-accelerator-named-as-fiverrsr-global-agency-record-strategy-creative-2167881.htm

Make of the highlighted section in relation to the “eat coffee”, “follow through”, general tone deafness and everything else that is wrong with ad what ye will.

EDIT: it’s worth nothing that the former head of marketing quit around this time, joined by another senior member of the marketing team. So who knows…

just as the Ford Model T democratized cars,

Oh, now I know why it´s all black and white.

“A customer can have a car painted any color he wants as long as it’s black”

[Henry Ford]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do admit, the Trump Hut stunt amused me.

Here is the book (check the reviews!)–and @frank_d you got the hipster bit down…

amazon.com
51%2BFBze2h7L._SY400_.jpg

Cultural Strategy: Using Innovative Ideologies to Build Breakthrough Brands: Douglas Holt, Douglas Cameron: 9780199655854: Amazon.com: Books

How do we explain the breakthrough market success of businesses like Nike, Starbucks, Ben & Jerry's, and Jack Daniel's? Conventional models of strategy and innovation simply don't work. The most influ ...

$23.88

@miiila, the photography was done by a chap called Platon. He’s done people like Obama and stuff, and as someone who speaks OKish Greek, that name whiffs of pretentiousness (“of Plato”)

Setup a gig for that and use the promote a gig feature. 😉

“I will create Fiverr’s next campaign”

“I will create Fiverr’s next campaign”

I know how to effectively use MS Paint 🙂

I am also very talented in using the Color Fill tool very effectively. I think I am more than qualified for this job tbh

I do admit, the Trump Hut stunt amused me.

Here is the book (check the reviews!)–and @frank_d you got the hipster bit down…

amazon.com
51%2BFBze2h7L._SY400_.jpg

Cultural Strategy: Using Innovative Ideologies to Build Breakthrough Brands: Douglas Holt, Douglas Cameron: 9780199655854: Amazon.com: Books

How do we explain the breakthrough market success of businesses like Nike, Starbucks, Ben & Jerry's, and Jack Daniel's? Conventional models of strategy and innovation simply don't work. The most influ ...

$23.88

@miiila, the photography was done by a chap called Platon. He’s done people like Obama and stuff, and as someone who speaks OKish Greek, that name whiffs of pretentiousness (“of Plato”)

In any case, guys, the fact that anyone’s talking about this steaming pile of 💩!

They did it! And it´s okay anyway, they can always ask forgiveness later. I approve. And now I´ll go and eat some coffee.

:hand_splayed:

Try not to follow through after. It’s unpleasnt and messy for all concerned 😉

I’m a little late to the party here - I was busy making my MS Paint drawing for the competition.

You see, I’m a doer and I value nothing above my work. Kids, family, health, happiness can be left behind as I only value making money and making sure other people think I am successful. Nothing will stop me from doing this, achieving my goals and then being able to die young with nobody too upset as they never saw me anyway. My social media followers may eventually wonder what happened but probably not as I have Hootsuite automatically pumping out inspirational drivel that the morons worship me for so I guess in their minds I am immortal.

It’s funny, I never believed, when I left the 9-5 rat race where everything I did was essentially meaningless, that some day I would be able to have the opportunity to work 80-100 hours per week and not be able to shit without having my phone nearby in case that was the time when somebody needed me for a live interview. Here’s to the doers!

I’m a little late to the party here - I was busy making my MS Paint drawing for the competition.

You see, I’m a doer and I value nothing above my work. Kids, family, health, happiness can be left behind as I only value making money and making sure other people think I am successful. Nothing will stop me from doing this, achieving my goals and then being able to die young with nobody too upset as they never saw me anyway. My social media followers may eventually wonder what happened but probably not as I have Hootsuite automatically pumping out inspirational drivel that the morons worship me for so I guess in their minds I am immortal.

It’s funny, I never believed, when I left the 9-5 rat race where everything I did was essentially meaningless, that some day I would be able to have the opportunity to work 80-100 hours per week and not be able to shit without having my phone nearby in case that was the time when somebody needed me for a live interview. Here’s to the doers!

Exemplary. What´s a party, when you can do.

I know… :rolling_eyes:

Why should it only be available in Germany then? They have factories pretty much all over the world.

[details=Ferrero everywhere]Sorry, from Geman Wikipedia, but the English version doesn´t list them and should be easy enough to guess.

Produktionsstätten[bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]

Italien: Alba, Pozzuolo, Avellino, Sant’Angelo dei Lombardi, Balvano

Deutschland: Stadtallendorf

Argentinien: Los Cardales

Australien: Lithgow

Belgien: Arel

Brasilien: Poços de Caldas

China: Hangzhou

Ecuador: Tumbaco

Frankreich: Villers-Écalles

Indien: Baramati

Irland: Cork

Japan: Tokio

Kanada: Brantford

Mexiko: San José Iturbide

Polen: Belsk Duży

Puerto Rico: Caguas

Russland: Wladimir

Sri Lanka: Colombo

Südafrika: Walkerville

Taiwan: Taipeh

Türkei: Manisa

Vereinigte Staaten: Somerset[/details]

I would be able to have the opportunity to work 80-100 hours per week and not be able to shit without having my phone nearby

So that’s what they meant by follow through on your follow through. Suddenly, it all makes sense! 💩

Why should it only be available in Germany then? They have factories pretty much all over the world.

[details=Ferrero everywhere]Sorry, from Geman Wikipedia, but the English version doesn´t list them and should be easy enough to guess.

Produktionsstätten[bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]

Italien: Alba, Pozzuolo, Avellino, Sant’Angelo dei Lombardi, Balvano

Deutschland: Stadtallendorf

Argentinien: Los Cardales

Australien: Lithgow

Belgien: Arel

Brasilien: Poços de Caldas

China: Hangzhou

Ecuador: Tumbaco

Frankreich: Villers-Écalles

Indien: Baramati

Irland: Cork

Japan: Tokio

Kanada: Brantford

Mexiko: San José Iturbide

Polen: Belsk Duży

Puerto Rico: Caguas

Russland: Wladimir

Sri Lanka: Colombo

Südafrika: Walkerville

Taiwan: Taipeh

Türkei: Manisa

Vereinigte Staaten: Somerset[/details]

I would be more impressed if you could have arranged those names in a nice pyramid shape in keeping with Ferrero tradition.

I would be more impressed if you could have arranged those names in a nice pyramid shape in keeping with Ferrero tradition.

You don´t want me to go back to the paint competition thread and see my talent in arranging coffee pockets in pyramidic shape, trust me.

You don´t want me to go back to the paint competition thread and see my talent in arranging coffee pockets in pyramidic shape, trust me.

Yes we do. Spoil us, Mlle Ambassadeur(ette?)

Mod Note: You have been called out for being a doer at name calling in languages that offend the doer that call you out. Please remember the doer spirit.

Actually, that is exactly what I want.

Asking someone to trust you is still just asking someone to trust you.

Give me a reason to trust you - be a trustable-er

Yes we do. Spoil us, Mlle Ambassadeur(ette?)

Mod Note: You have been called out for being a doer at name calling in languages that offend the doer that call you out. Please remember the doer spirit.

Mods! She´s calling me names! And questions my gender! And in Italian too so I won’t understand it! That´s against multiple policies!

(small print before I´ll have to wonder about some posts: 🙂)

Mod Note: Moderation doing done.

Mods! She´s calling me names! And questions my gender! And in Italian too so I won’t understand it! That´s against multiple policies!

(small print before I´ll have to wonder about some posts: 🙂)

Mod Note: Moderation doing done.

Stop complaining and start doing!

No habla anglais…

p.s

I don’t see USA or Bangladesh on that list. Hence, the reason of me NOT knowing about their existence prior to this…

This is the one anyone from the UK remembers. It’s a classic! Unlike the crapfest that is Fiverr’s ad campaign. As a side note, FR is still available in Greece–albeit in some very cheap looking plastic trays.

Archived