Pewdiepie Uses Fiverr to Unveil a Contraversial Sign

bolharr2250

I didn’t say anything controversial for PewDiePie, but I’m sure I’ve said something in that past that SOMEONE will find offensive, I’m sure.

I thought you simply mentioned a website as he requested. Why was that enough to get you banned?

Or maybe your character you play is controversial.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t say anything controversial for PewDiePie, but I’m sure I’ve said something in that past that SOMEONE will find offensive, I’m sure.

@socalchrist I saw the PDP one eventually, it was quite tame (and funny.) I don’t know what the deal is, but i hope you get it fixed. I know Fiverr doesn’t allow adult services, but otherwise there are a lot of pranks and such that have offensive things in the sample material. If its the religious connection, there are a lot of other users and gigs that could be considered offensive for that. Very odd. Keep us posted if you can!

It was clearly a joke. How can people get so butthurt over it 😠

It’s funny though, as it says “In doers we trust” everywhere. And when the sellers did what they were asked to do, they got banned. 😠

I don’t recall there was anything offensive in the message from Jesus, though? Or are impersonations suddenly not allowed?

It was clearly a joke. How can people get so butthurt over it 😠

It’s funny though, as it says “In doers we trust” everywhere. And when the sellers did what they were asked to do, they got banned. 😠

I don’t recall there was anything offensive in the message from Jesus, though? Or are impersonations suddenly not allowed?

I am guessing that since it is a religious figure impersonation, they are trying extra hard to not be offensive to anyone at this time.

the fact that other people might be offended, just means they should look the other way.
if they were reviewing jesus’s profile based on that he was acting/parodying as a religious figure, i might roll my eyes back so far i’ll be looking at myself being born. a horrific sight i imagine.

Who is the #1 earner then?

It’s a shame about the second banned [seller] @leahemme, sounds like he was going along with the publicity and enjoying it and may not have realized that Fiverr would have no sense of humor (unless it’s in their cool and funky marketing campaign)

The no. 1 earner on yt it an account that reviews kids toys or college humour (something like 12 mil per year)

Yeah, there was a big uptick in videos in response to PEWDIEPIE’s that requested “offensive” language. I did my best to weed out and cancel the obvious stuff, but I’m sure something I said in a video probably struck a nerve with SOMEONE. It’s a tough being in the “messenger” possition. I obviously flat out refuse to use the “N” word for example, but then I have a Hip Hip artist that wants me to say “Nigga” (rather than the REAL offensive word) in his or her video and I might make the exception because it’s clearly satire/parody. I’m impersonating a deity for Christ’s sake (pun intended)!

I’m only making guesses right now. I have yet to hear ANYTHING from fiverr, meanwhile my account is blocked, I have hundereds of pending orders, and I’m loosing revenue.

I have hundereds of pending orders, and I’m loosing revenue.

I complete rely on the income I receive from Fiverr.

@socalchrist

Not trying to be mean or anything, I reviewed your account to see your delivery metrics prior to the surge.

You were delivering orders about 1 or 2 a day and maybe every other day priort to PDP boost.

After that your orders got boosted by 1000% and you received well over 200+ orders.

Now consider this, if PDP hadn’t picked you, you wouldn’t have gotten the free publicity and wouldn’t have banked on those 200+ orders.

So consider that this was a winning lottery ticket that you found on the street and then you lost it again.

The only downside to this would be that your shop on Fiverr has been shuttered.

But I still do not think worrying about potential loss of revenue is justified in this case.

My 2 cents.

@socalchrist

Not trying to be mean or anything, I reviewed your account to see your delivery metrics prior to the surge.

You were delivering orders about 1 or 2 a day and maybe every other day priort to PDP boost.

After that your orders got boosted by 1000% and you received well over 200+ orders.

Now consider this, if PDP hadn’t picked you, you wouldn’t have gotten the free publicity and wouldn’t have banked on those 200+ orders.

So consider that this was a winning lottery ticket that you found on the street and then you lost it again.

But I still do not think worrying about potential loss of revenue is justified in this case.

My 2 cents.

Bit of a change of tune from your initial comments there, mate.

Its a real kick in the teeth of Christ to have this windfall and just as suddenly have his account banned. It must be a terrible blow.

But he couldn’t have done 200 orders quickly so the late deliveries would have piled up anyway.

I was thinking about that. Maybe you do everything in batches. Like film x amount of videos, render them as you do the next batch, have a auto-responder delivery message and just piledrive through it and think of the $$$ as you battle Christ-fatigue.

They better re-instate Christ! I’d like to order too 😄

Perhaps he needs to pick up something non-religious to inpersonate, if not.

Has anyone taken a look at TOS if there really is something there that forbids services related to religions?

And why does it say “This topic will close a day after the last reply.” on this page? 😤

@fonthaunt There’s an idea. I will garner my own publicity by contacting PDP’s biz account and offering him an out with mega crit of his website. Er, channel, whatever. Since that gig allows for profanity and I have a CS email covering me, I’m cool. Just so long as I don’t mumble.

Also, I get to hobnob with rich and famous people. While jumpin’ up my prices due to the ‘as seen on…’ effect.

@eoinfinnegan aye aye. Social Bakers sounds interesting but it seems to be locked behind a paywall (if I want to get much more than a glimpse under the hood). Got a link or a C&P?

The son of God walks among us! What happened?!?!

The son of God walks among us

I don’t think this got the recognition it deserved. 😃

Well, it seems Pewdiepie is in a bit of hot water after using our platform to send out a very unsavory message. He then proceed to apologize of course, but personally I found it a little funny he went through with it. Thoughts?

Mod Note: A lot of this thread has been edited due to unsavory content, references to other users etc. The moderation team see this topic as worthy of discussion and so have decided to remove anything potentially offensive and allow the discussion to continue.

Please remember to respect the rules as the conversation continues and references to the video should not contain any of the offensive terms and language used.

The moderation team see this topic as worthy of discussion and so have decided to remove anything potentially offensive and allow the discussion to continue.

So my topic of being 1k in debt wasn’t worthy of discussion or.?

The moderation team see this topic as worthy of discussion and so have decided to remove anything potentially offensive and allow the discussion to continue.

So my topic of being 1k in debt wasn’t worthy of discussion or.?

What do you mean?

This note was posted on this topic because there were a number of flags on it which mods acted on but the topic was not removed because it was an important and relevant topic.

As far as I can see, your topic is still open for comment and discussion.

Why do people watch him sit there playing video games?

I watched one for ten minutes thinking something would happen but nothing did.

He made some comments but still, I am not getting why he is so popular.

Granted the shock value of the fiverr one was something different but otherwise

what exactly is the appeal?

From what I read on one of the (music) videos inspired by what he does, many were saying that his old stuff is better than the new stuff he comes out with. The older posts seemed more genuine to them where as the new stuff comes off as forced and not natural.

Can’t say I’ve come across his videos but have watched others play through games. I’ve got like one video, a snippet really, of a game I was playing to see how it would do (no talking, just showing the game screen).

Reading the replies about this got me thinking about another incident that took place after the Amazon thing. Though not mentioned on the forums there was a link to an article about this newspaper or online publisher of news that wanted to do an experiment to see what their bucks can get them. In this case a city logo.

They tested out various web sites to see what designers will produce for them and fiverr was one of the sites tested. They didn’t have much of anything positive to say but when viewers discovered the details of what they were actually looking for and how the orders were placed they weren’t too happy. There was an actual client looking for a complete branding package but what the testers were ordering were simple logos.

This lead many to question the specifics that were mentioned during the order process because based on what many were seeing, it looked as if the requesters left out some important details. This became all the more apparent when they showcased the finished product of what the client was looking all which was completed by some big name agency.

@psychicbunny Your topic is worthy of discussion though its difficult to tackle. All that can be suggested is contacting support in hopes of resolutions being made. That said, it would be nice if there were some sort of payment protection enabled to keep things like this from happening.

There was a suggestion some years back for escrow to be utilized or something along those lines but many have stated that it would be difficult to enact on site.

They better re-instate Christ! I’d like to order too 😄

Perhaps he needs to pick up something non-religious to inpersonate, if not.

Has anyone taken a look at TOS if there really is something there that forbids services related to religions?

And why does it say “This topic will close a day after the last reply.” on this page? 😤

I don’t see anything in the ToS about services related to religions. If it was forbidden to have a religion-related gig, there would-be many services removed. I’ve seen many offering Christian prayers, Hatiain Voudoun, Witchcraft, Satanic readings, Mantras, and so on.

As far as the topic closure, since this topic is being monitored more than some, once interest dies down it will automatically close. This is set on many threads that have been covered or are old and have a new comment. They stay open only until interest is lessened.

@socalchrist

My 2 cents.

DJGODKNOWS, I don’t know were your “metrics” that you apparently reviewed, came from, but they are wrong. First, it’s completely arbitrary. Second, the amount that I make is substantial enough to cover ALL of my living expenses for the month. Because of this, I have come to rely on it, it’s my ONLY income for the last several months.

DJGODKNOWS, I don’t know were your “metrics” that you apparently reviewed, came from, but they are wrong. First, it’s completely arbitrary. Second, the amount that I make is substantial enough to cover ALL of my living expenses for the month. Because of this, I have come to rely on it, it’s my ONLY income for the last several months.

First, it’s completely arbitrary

Maybe the Pewdiepie boost didn’t give you 200 orders, but I quoted your statement in which you yourself stated you have hundreds of pending orders. Plus I tried to count but lost it around 50+ on the recent delivered gigs.

Heck, if you did NOT catch my point, then too bad.

May Jesus help you… 🙏

Its a real kick in the teeth of Christ to have this windfall and just as suddenly have his account banned. It must be a terrible blow.

But he couldn’t have done 200 orders quickly so the late deliveries would have piled up anyway.

he couldn’t have done 200 orders quickly so the late deliveries would have piled up anyway.

There are some sellers who fill more than 200 orders fast. I know at least one of them has a team that handles messages and deliveries while one person handles the actual “work” but I suppose each user finds their own limits and works with them. The last I saw @socalchrist’s gigs up the deliveries were flying out and all was going well. Perhaps he’s efficient. I don’t know but I’m not making any assumptions.

Archived