Pewdiepie Uses Fiverr to Unveil a Contraversial Sign

bolharr2250

YT doesn’t cash in on that video either, since it’s not monetized.

When it comes to monetization on YT, there have a few changes taking place. Video’s are now checked if they are advertiser friendly, what results in the fact that not all video’s can be monetized.

An example: In the past I tried to monetize a funny video where smoking a bong was involved. The monetization was turned off by YT in a heart beat, as there is no advertiser who wants to associated with the use of the assumption of the use of ‘drugs.’ This example makes automatically clear why it is a good thing that video’s can now be considered advertiser friendly, since everybody understands a clear example.

there is no advertiser who wants to associated with the use of the assumption of the use of ‘drugs.’

Now, who had a marketing campaign last week that had a bong in it, I wonder?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, fair enough. I don’t really know too much about how YT works with the whole monetization thing. I’d just read that the video ‘had been’ demonetized, implying that it was generating revenue at some point.

So… 6m views = $11k? Sweet… no wonder he’s coughing them up every day.

The publisher of a video gets a 55% cut of whatever the advertiser pays. The price depends on what the advertiser pays via the Google AdWords network. There are the clickable banners in the video and in the right column on the video page, where the advertiser pays for any click and there are the video’s that roll before the actual video starts. In this case the publisher get’s payed if the ad-video is watched for 35 seconds or entirely (whatever occurs first).

Due to the different bid prices the income will vary but your assumption of approximately $11k for 6m views can be made without any exaggeration.

there is no advertiser who wants to associated with the use of the assumption of the use of ‘drugs.’

Now, who had a marketing campaign last week that had a bong in it, I wonder?

I am typing too fast and had some typos. 😦

Actually I should work on my order, rather than sitting on the forum right now.

🙂

He did not monetize it. Nor with in-player ads, outside of the player or any pre-roll ads.

Since Google is paying for my groceries (in a smaller amount) as well, I know how this works and how to estimate.

When I do a quick calculation with the numbers from my account compared with the data of this video right now, he would have earned $10.829,68 with this video.

WOW That’s a looooot of money 😮

Well, he told them not to write the offensive stuff, but to subscribe to Keemstar. They obviously didn’t understand the instructions, as they wrote it on the thing and then superimposed the sub to K on the video.

Keemstar, of course, has a history of saying dubious stuff like this, so that was the joke. PDP is also becoming more controversial as that what the YT algos demand. The rest was just as stupid: asking some mathlab person to make a graph that looks like a male body part requesting that ****** guy to say stuff (and he said the name wrong lol) and er… oh, I don’t remember, but the seller delivered something useless because they didn’t want to be late with delivery. Oh, and someone to play Hearthstone with and he trolled them with some other game.

“********” I think it was. Anyway, they’re both banned now. But never mind that–the publicity! Now, PDP’s demo is the same as the trust whatever one, but… look which one everyone’s talking about.

the publicity! Now, PDP’s demo is the same as the trust whatever one, but… look which one everyone’s talking about.

Yeh but a shame it has to come with that message.

Those poor jungle men didn’t even know what it meant.

It’s actually hilarious how naive they are. The fact that Fiverr is actually run by Jews make it a very bitter pill.
In some way I think they should be pardoned as they didn’t were some of this scammy mek-sale thugs.
$5,- is really a lot of money for them and they actually did an effort to deliver.

Moderator Note: Fiverr HQ is in Israel and was founded by Shai Wininger and Micha Kaufman. This may or may not be relevant, but that information doesn’t necessarily mean that Fiverr is run by people of any particular religion or birthright. Your point is probably the irony of the HQ location and is still valid, but this thread is being handled gently so the distinction is still also valid. 🙂

It’s actually hilarious how naive they are. The fact that Fiverr is actually run by Jews make it a very bitter pill.

In some way I think they should be pardoned as they didn’t were some of this scammy mek-sale thugs.

$5,- is really a lot of money for them and they actually did an effort to deliver.

Moderator Note: Fiverr HQ is in Israel and was founded by Shai Wininger and Micha Kaufman. This may or may not be relevant, but that information doesn’t necessarily mean that Fiverr is run by people of any particular religion or birthright. Your point is probably the irony of the HQ location and is still valid, but this thread is being handled gently so the distinction is still also valid. 🙂

It’s wrong on so many levels.

There is no excuse for what the sellers did. Sorry. Even an illiterate guy would know that saying “death” to anyone is wrong.

Dear Writer:

Haven’t you seen Babylon 5 Season 2 Episode 14: “There All the Honor Lies”?

The episode revolved around a potential miscomprehension of the Minbari saying, “Da’ath F’urst” (sic), which translates as, “I yield to your authority,” as the fighting words, “Death First!” (which translated as, “Kill me, Commander Sheridan!”).

Those Minbari! “Who said the Minbari don’t lie?”

Classic Babylon 5!

But I digress,

Blaise

There is no excuse for what the sellers did. Sorry. Even an illiterate guy would know that saying “death” to anyone is wrong.

I doubt if they knew what those words meant. They may never have heard or seen them before in English.

I am sure if they did know what that meant they wouldn’t have done it. I can see they are innocent and never expected anyone to do something like this. It’s like a parrot saying bad words he has heard, then being blamed for it.

Yes, it’s actually hard to decide. On one hand their apology sounded very genuine, but on the other hand we could state that who is able to apologize in English could certainly know what ‘Death to all whatever’ means.

Guest sarahsope1

Even after reading all the discussion and researching the issue, I’m still not sure what to feel. It seems that while the fiverr “dancers” were in the dark to what the actual message was they could probably have understood that a hate message was being delivered. However Pwedipie exploited those two men. For his own amusement and ambition to gain negative press he intentionally used these two and put them at risk. They have now lost a source of income and he isn’t suffering any loss. It seems the onus should be on him.

Regardless of whether or not the men knew what it meant, fiverr had to ban them. If they can be made to post a sign of that magnitude of hate, even out of their own ignorance, they should not be working here.

The fact that it mentioned a certain religion is irrelevant. It could have been any religion or nationality, and the message would be offensive.

Even after reading all the discussion and researching the issue, I’m still not sure what to feel. It seems that while the fiverr “dancers” were in the dark to what the actual message was they could probably have understood that a hate message was being delivered. However Pwedipie exploited those two men. For his own amusement and ambition to gain negative press he intentionally used these two and put them at risk. They have now lost a source of income and he isn’t suffering any loss. It seems the onus should be on him.

Well, didn’t his account get banned too or something? Plus, in all honesty, if those guys had access to a video recording device and the internet, chances are that they were plenty aware of the subject matter is.

As for PDP in general, he’s made his living off of sensationalism so this is nothing new for him. According to his Twitter, though, the video got demonetized, so he’s not making any money off of this (which is good).

Well, didn’t his account get banned too or something? Plus, in all honesty, if those guys had access to a video recording device and the internet, chances are that they were plenty aware of the subject matter is.

As for PDP in general, he’s made his living off of sensationalism so this is nothing new for him. According to his Twitter, though, the video got demonetized, so he’s not making any money off of this (which is good).

I’m surprised he is still allowed to have an account on YouTube. Is that still on there?

Is that still on there?

He has the highest no. of subscriber on youtube as an individual, 52+million.

Pretty sure, he ain’t goin anywhere…

YouTube is a different platform and has a different criteria for their policy enforcement. There’s plenty of videos online of worse things and worse messages, be it for shock value or for education, but that won’t usually warrant an account removal.

For something like this, he isn’t going to be removed, especially considering his status in the community. He won’t be paid for the video, though, so he’s being penalized by losing out on a lot of money, alongside whatever action YT’s team may have taken on his account.

Guest sarahsope1

Well that’s nice to know he’s not profiting from it. Thank you.

Archived