10 Reasons Why Top Sales People are Successful

inspiredtony

Sheriff’s Note: Seller/Buyer Beware : Plagiarized Content

The top 20 percent of sales people earn 80 percent of the money. Your goal is

to become one of the highest-paid people in your profession and accelerate

your sales career using the vital keys to success in sales. Fortunately, this is

easier than you might think.

Key to Success #1: Top Sales People Do What They Love to Do

All truly successful, highly paid sales people, love their sales career. You must

learn to love your work and then commit yourself to becoming excellent in

your field. Invest whatever amount of time is necessary to improve your sales

career; pay any price; go and distance, make any sacrifice to become the very

best at what you do. Join the top 10 percent.

to be continued…

Key To Success #2: They Decide Exactly What They Want
Don’t be wishy-washy. Decide exactly what it is you want in life. Set it as a
goal for your sales career and then determine what price you are going to have
to pay to get it.
According to the research, only about 3 percent of adults have written goals.
And these are the most successful and highest-paid people in every field. They
are the mover and shakers, the creators and innovators, the top sales people
and entrepreneurs.

Key to Success #3: They Back Their Sales Career Goals With
Perseverance
A key to success in sales is to back your goal with perseverance and
indomitable willpower. Decide to throw your whole heart and soul into your
success and into achieving your sales career goal. Make a complete
commitment to improve your sales career and become one of the most highly paid
sales people. Resolve that nothing will stop you or discourage you.

Appears to be plagiarism:

inspiredtony said:
Key to Success #1: Top Sales People Do What They Love to Do
All truly successful, highly paid sales people, love their sales career. You must
learn to love your work and then commit yourself to becoming excellent in
your field. Invest whatever amount of time is necessary to improve your sales
career; pay any price; go and distance, make any sacrifice to become the very
best at what you do. Join the top 10 percent.

From a blog from “Brian Tracy”:

"Key to Success #1: Top Salespeople Do What They Love to Do

All truly successful, highly paid salespeople, love their sales career.

You must learn to love your work and then commit yourself to becoming excellent in your field.

Invest whatever amount of time is necessary to improve your sales career; pay any price; go and distance, make any sacrifice to become the very best at what you do. Join the top 10 percent."

The other following posts were from the same blog. I could post them or people can search themselves. There is nothing wrong with offering tips that were originally offered on other sites as long as you credit them. Without credit, it’s plagiarism.

C’mon everybody–either write something original that is genuinely helpful, or just don’t post. The plagiarism police (of which I am a member) will find you. There’s a reason Google doesn’t like copying and pasting: it makes you look like you lack integrity and/or the ability to offer your own value.

Also, I’m not convinced that posting on the forum actually helps you find buyers, so… I’m not really sure what the point is of stealing other people’s work and posting it here in an attempt to make yourself look smart or qualified…

Reply to @emasonwrites: I agree with you so much. I still am willing to give someone slack if they just feel they have to post tips so they want to offer someone else’s tips to sellers and buyers. If they do feel they have to do it, though, don’t post it without credit and if you get caught - don’t pretend it isn’t true!

We’re not really sales people here. Sure, we write gig titles, and gig descriptions, but the selling is passive, not active. Active sellers are the ones cold calling strangers, knocking on doors, delivering a pitch.

Consider realtors (people who sell homes), about 90% of new realtors will leave the profession within a year. Here’s an interesting factoid:

"Working backward, if an agent sought to earn an income of $75,000 per year, they’d probably have to generate gross commissions of about $120,000. At a per side commission rate of about 2.8% today, it would take $4.3 million in home sales volume to generate $120,000 in gross commission. The national average home sale price is about $175,000 these days, so that’s 24-25 houses per year. In a market like SF or DC or the OC, the average home sale price might be $400,000+, and it could take only 10-11 transactions in these locales to generate $4.3 million in gross commission."
Source: Quora

And they are lucky:

"The average national income in 2011 for Realtors was 22K. "

Of course, a lot of them are married women, so it’s not like they need the money, they’re just doing something to get out of the house.

So why so many fail? Is it lack of passion? I don’t think so. Passion doesn’t mean anything, if you stink at sales, all the passion in the world is useless.

Goal making? Plenty of people make goals and fail to keep them, plenty more don’t make goals and succeed.

I believe that good salespeople have attributes most people lack. They are gregarious to the extreme, they remember people’s names, they are genuinely interested in other people, they’re not afraid to talk to strangers, they’re not afraid to be pushy, they can remember all kinds of facts and details and talk themselves out of any situation, people like to be around them, they are often good looking (although some sales people are extremely ugly), and they have a natural sales ability. Ever seen the Wolf of Wall Street or Million Dollar Listing? Those are real sales people. The rest of us, are not, and the sooner we admit that, the sooner we stop wasting time with pipe dreams.

Pros and Cons of Using Hashtags…

-#Hashtags can help you organize your thoughts and content. When you post about a topic or keyword your customers care about, they’ll be able to find you easily.

• Hashtags can help you spread #marketing campaigns across multiple platforms, and give you a way to collect feedback from your customers.
  • Using hashtags can help you establish yourself as an authority in your niche, and to connect with other people in your industry.

look out for cons…

You stole that off a post of warrior forums and just added hashtags randomly. Just C&P the first “tip” to Google. Minus the #hashtag–it’s the fourth link on my search. The cons are also there for anyone interested.

Did you read any of the above comments, Tony? Because they’re not wrong. I’d work on improving your gigs, myself.

EDIT: The cons are quite amusing in this context, so here they are anyway:

CONS:

• If you use hashtags inappropriately, it can backfire. Improperly researched hashtags are a liability, not an asset.
  • Once you create a hashtag, you cannot control how people use it. You will have to monitor your hashtags for inappropriate content or negative publicity.
  • Overusing hashtags is as bad as not using them at all. If you use too many hashtags or post too often, people may dismiss your content as spam.

“I am a great believer in luck. The harder I
work, the more of it I seem to have.”
-Thomas Jefferson

“Every man is the architect of his own
fortune.”
-Sallust

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men
believe in cause and effect.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

“He that waits upon fortune, is never sure
of a dinner.”
-Benjamin Franklin

These men, who lived hundreds of years apart, cannot all
be wrong about luck. Their unanimous revelation is that
you create your own luck! Don’t just stand there setting
your blame on bad luck or on other people. Make the
winner’s move right now

Reply to @inspiredtony: I don’t know what you think you are doing here, but I don’t advise you keep doing it. It’s irritating, makes you look dishonest, and from what I see of your gigs there is zero reason you even need it.

I don’t believe you’ve been “hacked” and if you do believe it, time to change your password and blame all this silliness on your supposed hacker. Hackers usually take your money but they don’t waste time on copy/paste forum posts. No matter what you may hear, bad publicity isn’t always better than no publicity.

It is bad enough you presented tips as your own, but to add icing to the cake you most likely concocted a story of being hacked as the reason these tips are in the forum (and not all on the same day…) so that you could save face. Trust this: if someone were to hack your account, the first thing they would do is “steal” your revenue, not come to a forum and post “helpful tips” that they copy/pasted from another source in order to appear to the naïve as knowledgeable. And, if someone hacked your account as you “wonder”, they certainly would use the opportunity to say crazy things or disparaging comments rather than kind, helpful hints. Nice try though.

GG

PS - I am really enjoying that we have active Sheriff’s here now!

Well, if you “only comment on what people have already created…” you would have made note of where you sourced your “tips” instead of trying to pass them off as your own work.

Next time you want to give “tips”, credit the author who actually put forth the effort and creative thinking to write them. How would you feel if you found your work on another site and someone coming off as if they created it? I bet you would be a bit miffed!

GG

Archived