What’s a new skill you would like to pick up?

Kesha

Want to keep life exciting? Stay curious and committed to always learning something new! 

Whether for professional growth or just for fun, picking up a new skill could be a great way to do so. Are there any skills on your radar you’d like to pick up and master? 

• Like 7

I'm learning to sketch! I don't want to do anything super complex (my fiancé is an artist, so I bug him with all the tricky stuff!), but being able to 'create' the puzzles that I think of is super useful! It's also fun picking up a new creative outlet. 

• Like 12
  • Up 1

I want to learn how to draw. I'm sure @katakatica is better than me already!

And... then I want to learn how to sing someday. I always sing when I'm happy. And I sing BADLY. I don't think the people around me are very happy that they're being subjected to that, so I better improve!

A more realistic skill I want to learn is how to be interviewed. I had a person reach out because of my game project and ask for a video interview. I said he could get one when the demo is out, so I kinda got out of it easy for now. And it does sound a bit silly... Being interviewed is just talking after all, right?

Well, when you've put all your money into something like I've done with this thing, you want to come off right and give good answers, and I don't think that's as easy as it sounds. I guess it's about learning how to be calm even when it means everything to you and about preparing very, very well! Almost like an actor. I don't know if it's a skill, but it's something I want to make sure I'm good at!

Oh, and I want to learn how to handle live streaming (especially for Q&As) if you get a question you really don't expect!

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 8
  • Support 1

I would love to learn photography and vlogging! It’s not just about picking up a camera and hitting record, haha -- but it’s about mastering the art of framing and storytelling. So, I want to explore the world, capture all moments and make a career out of it.

• Like 6

On 8/23/2024 at 11:00 PM, rawque_gulia said:

I would love to learn photography and vlogging! It’s not just about picking up a camera and hitting record, haha -- but it’s about mastering the art of framing and storytelling. So, I want to explore the world, capture all moments and make a career out of it.

Good one! There are so many opportunities for those who can really master those skills so I hope you can continue to grow in those areas! Best of luck to you! 💚

On 8/23/2024 at 3:43 PM, michmikaia said:

I want to learn about public speaking in my native language and French.

That's incredible! I know public speaking is a lot of people's worst fear so learning to do so well will distinguish you from a lot of people. 🙌

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 8/23/2024 at 3:00 PM, vibronx said:

I want to learn how to draw. I'm sure @katakatica is better than me already!

And... then I want to learn how to sing someday. I always sing when I'm happy. And I sing BADLY. I don't think the people around me are very happy that they're being subjected to that, so I better improve!

A more realistic skill I want to learn is how to be interviewed. I had a person reach out because of my game project and ask for a video interview. I said he could get one when the demo is out, so I kinda got out of it easy for now. And it does sound a bit silly... Being interviewed is just talking after all, right?

Well, when you've put all your money into something like I've done with this thing, you want to come off right and give good answers, and I don't think that's as easy as it sounds. I guess it's about learning how to be calm even when it means everything to you and about preparing very, very well! Almost like an actor. I don't know if it's a skill, but it's something I want to make sure I'm good at!

Oh, and I want to learn how to handle live streaming (especially for Q&As) if you get a question you really don't expect!

LOL!

I support you in your desire to pick up singing and drawing no matter how unrealistic you may think those skills are. 😆

Also, congrats on the upcoming interview. I agree that conducting yourself well during an interview is a skill, as it doesn't always come naturally for most. In my past life as a publicist, I would often recommend "The Media Training Bible" by Brad Phillips for that. Worth the read I would say!

• Like 4

On 8/23/2024 at 1:22 PM, katakatica said:

I'm learning to sketch! I don't want to do anything super complex (my fiancé is an artist, so I bug him with all the tricky stuff!), but being able to 'create' the puzzles that I think of is super useful! It's also fun picking up a new creative outlet. 

That sounds like so much FUN and it's amazing you have a professional artist for the times you need assistance!

On 8/23/2024 at 1:24 PM, lalitsdmittal said:

I am working on Content creator thing now.

Good luck with that. 💚

• Like 3

Right now I'm curious about fiverr only . And I'm trying to figure out the process of getting some works to do . I'm curious about making youtube videos as well but I keep switching my interest on various topics which never let me concentrate in one thing at a time.

• Like 3

On 8/23/2024 at 9:55 PM, Kesha said:

Want to keep life exciting? Stay curious and committed to always learning something new! 

Whether for professional growth or just for fun, picking up a new skill could be a great way to do so. Are there any skills on your radar you’d like to pick up and master? 

I want to learn guitar. After finishing school, I tried to start but couldn't complete it for some reasons. Now, I really want to finish my guitar classes because I really love music. I truly want to connect with music by playing it myself.

• Like 3

According to my wife, I need to learn how to use the washing machine and the dishwasher, 😀

She's the boss, so I guess that is on my to do list before anything else 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I want to learn a new skill which is Website Design. I am already good at Graphic Design so I guess it won't be difficult for me to learn it. But current circumstances are not letting me to do anything, so waiting for the right time!

• Like 4
  • Up 1

On 8/23/2024 at 10:25 PM, Kesha said:

I am currently trying to learn how to become a successful freelance photo editor on the Fiverr platform. Although, it looks like it will be quite difficult. Still did not give up hope!!!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...