Update: Addressing new level system questions and feedback

Pretty clear to me. It's not about the actual buyer satisfaction but the "buyer satisfaction" score itself. She clearly states that it can impact your score. This is regardless of how the buyer rates us. Instead it's how Fiverr rates us with no regard to why the extention occurred.  There should be no confusion about what she means - only denial, because it's rediculous.

image.jpeg.1f1e6f835a417594c1987a2f37933984.jpeg

Edited by voicedbyken
  • Like 9
  • Up 3

21 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

Pretty clear to me. It's not about the actual buyer satisfaction but the "buyer satisfaction" score itself. She clearly states that it can impact your score. This is regardless of how the buyer rates us. Instead it's how Fiverr rates us with no regard to why the extention occurred.  There should be no confusion about what she means - only denial, because it's rediculous.

this can't be real... i got clients that took almost a month to respond or to get the extra information for the extra content they asked, so if a client ask for extra IS FREELANCER FAULT, if the client takes weeks in respond, is the freelancer fault, if the client confirmed something but during the process asks for more, is again, freelancer fault? this new system is a labor exploitation system.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, kingpirux said:

this can't be real... i got clients that took almost a month to respond or to get the extra information for the extra content they asked, so if a client ask for extra IS FREELANCER FAULT, if the client takes weeks in respond, is the freelancer fault, if the client confirmed something but during the process asks for more, is again, freelancer fault? this new system is a labor exploitation system.

Sadly, it now makes sense of my scores on my best-selling gig. I have almost nothing but paragraph-long raving reviews from my clients and nothing negative on the success score except "room for growth" and the gig has a score of 8. There have been multiple times the buyer requested an extension or revision in order to get final approval from their client or had some script or direction changes that differed from the original order. I seriously doubt negative "private reviews" are the issue for me, but this makes sense and it's quite upsetting.

image.png.4ae03bd36d51a21447f2b9bdec5114ce.pngimage.png.5ce858d6ea2baf24d089895de137161a.png

• Like 7

Just now, voicedbyken said:

Sadly, it now makes sense of my scores on my best-selling gig. I have almost nothing but paragraph-long raving reviews from my clients and nothing negative on the success score except "room for growth" and the gig has a score of 8. There have been multiple times the buyer requested an extension or revision in order to get final approval from their client or had some script or direction changes that differed from the original order. I seriously doubt negative "private reviews" are the issue for me, but this makes sense and it's quite upsetting.

image.png.4ae03bd36d51a21447f2b9bdec5114ce.pngimage.png.5ce858d6ea2baf24d089895de137161a.png

exactly the same for me!!

• Like 8

It's sad that Fiverr is trying to pin the blame on Private Review when the whole time it's them who are driving our rating down.

I'm sure some folks have a bunch of negative private reviews, but I imagine these same people have a good amount of 1 and 2 stars in their public reviews as well.

• Like 7

up to the momment a quick review of the new system is:

- Priorize current highscored freelancers. Sorry for the new ones. You will have to copy exactly what the highest value have, now there is no room for your personal touch to the gig description.

- Priorize client overall, they can rate you as they wish without you knowing whats going on, so your score will go down, (is like if you have a real client fake smiling in front of you, but he is texting your mum so she is very angry when you go back and have no idea why and all was because the client wanted it cheaper and you rejected to build an entire colliseum for 1 dolar.)

- Deleted the time flexibility of a freelancer, it doesnt matter how you talk and reason with your client... Your first word is final, it doesnt matter if there was an earthquake in your town or your client went vacations, is your fault for not having in mind that this could happen on your delivery time.

• Like 9

Now @Kesha And talking serious.

- Freelancing is about flexibility, we priorice our time over money. It's completly negative that the new system doesnt allow to extend delivery time. We talk with our clients, we get to a reasonable time extension, we try to give the best of us, some times is to give a better result, sometimes got sick, some times LITERALLY IS A LEVEL 7 EARTHQUAKE IN JAPAN AND YOU ARE THERE. Is not reasonable this punishment for delivery extension.

- Hidden rating is useless, there is no room for improvement when you don't know what you did wrong, this is like real life, if a client went out sad will not return, but at least you can review what was wrong. If they give you 5 stars in everything but then all the extra hidden information, from 1 of 10 clients, its absurdly impossible to know how to be better, we cant read minds through internet.

- My score shouldnt be affected by others, i dont care im the best and is better for me, i was a newbee once and i was able to start and rise by quality, not for having more time in the platform, this is similar to the absurd request on fixed jobs: new people of 18 years old, with 25 years of experience in the current factory.

• Like 9
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

Let's make it simple and say that fiverr's best system is in 2021 and before!

I still believe that fiverr will continue to develop into a better platform.

Just imagine if in the next few months Fiverr sellers are dominated by sellers with bad ratings or reviews.
Will the next prospective buyer be convinced for them to place their order?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, kingpirux said:

Now @Kesha And talking serious.

- Freelancing is about flexibility, we priorice our time over money. It's completly negative that the new system doesnt allow to extend delivery time. We talk with our clients, we get to a reasonable time extension, we try to give the best of us, some times is to give a better result, sometimes got sick, some times LITERALLY IS A LEVEL 7 EARTHQUAKE IN JAPAN AND YOU ARE THERE. Is not reasonable this punishment for delivery extension.

- Hidden rating is useless, there is no room for improvement when you don't know what you did wrong, this is like real life, if a client went out sad will not return, but at least you can review what was wrong. If they give you 5 stars in everything but then all the extra hidden information, from 1 of 10 clients, its absurdly impossible to know how to be better, we cant read minds through internet.

- My score shouldnt be affected by others, i dont care im the best and is better for me, i was a newbee once and i was able to start and rise by quality, not for having more time in the platform, this is similar to the absurd request on fixed jobs: new people of 18 years old, with 25 years of experience in the current factory.

i forgot one more - Price of your work will never be high. This is a platform of offer and demand, if a client wants something cheaper, then it will go for the cheapest, it's a known bad practice on labor exploit to attack emotionally and mentally a worker (freelancer) saying that his price / cost could be lower. It could be a reminder that there are cheaper people, but never should be considered a lower score factor.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, wanderline said:

Just imagine if in the next few months Fiverr sellers are dominated by sellers with bad ratings or reviews.

Please elaborate and help us understand. 🤔

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, wanderline said:

Let's make it simple and say that fiverr's best system is in 2021 and before!

I still believe that fiverr will continue to develop into a better platform.

Make it simple? Nothing is simple in the current system. And unfortunately, your review and rating could be destroyed at any time in this current system. So you better worry about the system and yourself before you worry about who will use the system to place an order

Edited by allstral
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Although this scenario is only in my mind, I imagined it by trying to position myself as a buyer, and I found many seller gigs dominated by poor breakdown ratings in my dashboard as a buyer. I think I will have a trust issue to place the order

And sellers continue to experience pressure with the difficulty of maintaining ratings and reviews, with the fact that not all buyers understand how important ratings and reviews are to sellers.

Instead of sellers focusing on their work, with an inappropriate system that is too pro-buyer and pays little attention to the seller's welfare, it will make sellers feel enormous pressure and experience an unhealthy ecosystem in freelancing.

And if this cycle continues, I think it will have a snowball effect, where sellers cannot provide the best results because their minds are too worried and confused if they find ratings and reviews that do not match expectations.
And the bad impact will definitely reach a point where sales will also be affected.

• Like 7
  • Up 3

18 menit yang lalu, allstral berkata:

Sederhanakan? Tidak ada yang sederhana dalam sistem saat ini. Dan sayangnya, ulasan dan penilaian Anda dapat dimusnahkan kapan saja dalam sistem saat ini. Jadi sebaiknya Anda mengkhawatirkan sistem dan diri Anda sendiri sebelum mengkhawatirkan siapa yang akan menggunakan sistem untuk melakukan pemesanan

37 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Although this scenario is only in my mind, I imagined it by trying to position myself as a buyer, and I found many seller gigs dominated by poor breakdown ratings in my dashboard as a buyer. I think I will have a trust issue to place the order

And sellers continue to experience pressure with the difficulty of maintaining ratings and reviews, with the fact that not all buyers understand how important ratings and reviews are to sellers.

Instead of sellers focusing on their work, with an inappropriate system that is too pro-buyer and pays little attention to the seller's welfare, it will make sellers feel enormous pressure and experience an unhealthy ecosystem in freelancing.

And if this cycle continues, I think it will have a snowball effect, where sellers cannot provide the best results because their minds are too worried and confused if they find ratings and reviews that do not match expectations.
And the bad impact will definitely reach a point where sales will also be affected.

• Like 7

I like that you can instantly gain levels as you meet the requirements, unlike the previous once a month chance.

But what I don't get is the success score. I'm one of the most successful sellers on Fiverr, been here since 2012 and kept a strong 4.9 rating on my main gig since then, so 4/10 makes no sense. Lots of returning buyers, fast less than 1h response time and like one cancellation in 2 months. It just says everything is on the negative when taking a look at the success score.

Do revisions and orders going overdue during revisions when working with unresponsive buyers affect it? Can't really think what else it could be.

Or maybe the lack of new buyers? Lately I haven't had many of those, as my gig has been on the last page of results for 3 years. Just old returning buyers. Occasionally jumping to first page for a week if I have promoted gig going.

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by adsensewizard
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

4 minutes ago, adsensewizard said:

It just says everything is on the negative when taking a look at the success score.

Do revisions and orders going overdue during revisions when working with unresponsive buyers affect it? Can't really think what else it could be.

Extensions were confirmed to affect your score, so I assume revisions will affect your score as well. The main issue here might also be from private reviews. If people leave you private reviews that are bad, that might be a problem, because newer reviews tend to have a lot more impact. So if someone newer leaves you a bad private review, that has a lot more weight. 

Another problem is that many satisfied customers don't leave a private review, but most if not all unhappy clients do. And that is going to be an issue most of the time. 

• Like 9
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Extensions were confirmed to affect your score, so I assume revisions will affect your score as well. The main issue here might also be from private reviews.

That was what I was thinking also, except 99% of my buyers are returning buyers and I can't imagine those leaving negative private reviews.

I wonder why they won't tell us it if we've received a private negative review? Not directly of course, but show stats on which areas according to private reviews we should strive to improve in. It would help a seller improve their service. There's many ways to do it while keeping the buyers anonymous.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, adsensewizard said:

and I can't imagine those leaving negative private reviews.

Well since this new review system came, most of my non 5 star reviews came from repeat buyers, that either left those reviews unknowingly or didn't understand the review system. A lot of people also rush when leaving reviews so.. they can easily click on the wrong stuff without knowing. Especially with private reviews. 

9 minutes ago, adsensewizard said:

I wonder why they won't tell us it if we've received a private negative review?

Because it's private. That's the whole point. They won't tell you because if you have just 1-2 orders a month, you can easily pinpoint who left you that review. They want to offer buyers privacy.

That's where I think the new leveling system is good, because if you check the success score for each gig, it shows you what was wrong. For my main gig, it says Client satisfaction has a negative impact. So clearly there were some bad private reviews there. So there is more transparency, although you can only imagine there will never be complete transparency. I think it's better than it was, at least now you see what clearly affects the gig and what strong points you have. 

Fiverr tracks all kinds of things and it seems those factor in to the overall score. Response time, how quick you deliver revisions, how many extensions you have, etc. Who knows how many other things they track. I can only imagine that in order to compare sellers and rank them properly, every simple thing counts. If you deliver a second late, if you have tons of revisions or extensions for your gigs, all those things will definitely lower the score. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, kawsar_log said:

Thanks @Alex.M

No, I mean and refer to this one, Sometimes Buyer Start Orders without Even The original requirements, and sometimes buyers don't respond after sending a draft of the initial Job!

so we have to extend the time!

But @Kesha mentioned this why I'm a little bit worried about it!

Can you clarify this, please?

@Kesha I have an order under revision for several days because it involves collaboration with another seller, and the client is unresponsive, resulting in the order being placed under revision. This is a common situation, especially with design and logos, which are expected to last for many years. Clients sometimes take several days to respond. May I ask on what reasonable basis this criterion was determined? Are you telling us that working serenely is no longer possible? It seems like you're pushing us towards quick, transactional work, yet you also want the client to be 100% satisfied. So, what should I do now? Should I tell the client they can no longer take their time and ask for their thoughts on the design? Do you seriously think the buyer will be happy with this pressured approach? Seriously, guys, please reconsider this completely nonsensical system.

• Like 7
  • Up 7

The Trial (German: Der Process) is a novel written by Franz Kafka. One of his best-known works, it tells the story of Josef K., a man arrested and prosecuted by a remote, inaccessible authority, with the nature of his crime revealed neither to him nor to the reader.

• Like 11
  • Up 10

Hi @Kesha.

I have not been in contact with multiple people in Fiverr, and even though no one is saying anything directly, they are expressing things indirectly. I would appreciate it if you could clarify. 🙂

1. Delaying orders affects the success score:
I work in marketing, and very often, things are delayed. In most cases, I am not to blame. If I wait too long with the order, clients are not committed enough. So, my experience is setting up an order and just making delays if needed.

2. Cancellations approved by Fiverr and deleted from the order completion rate still affect the order cancellation score. Will this be fixed?

3. Not receiving a review is considered negative for the overall review score?

I hope you can take some time to answer these questions.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

21 minutes ago, stanhenderson said:

3. Not receiving a review is considered negative for the overall review score?

Oh god, can you imagine? 

The new review system is so cool and convenient that multiple regular buyers of mine stopped leaving reviews immediately after it was introduced. They’ll just leave a message that everything’s great but won’t review anymore.

And I can’t even ask them what’s the issue. 

PS Looks like the new buyers leave reviews less frequently as well now.

Edited by lenasemenkova
  • Like 6
  • Up 8

9 minutes ago, lenasemenkova said:

Oh god, can you imagine? 

The new review system is so cool and convenient that multiple regular buyers of mine stopped leaving reviews immediately after it was introduced. They’ll just leave a message that everything’s great but won’t review anymore.

And I can’t even ask them what’s the issue. 

PS Looks like the new buyers leave reviews less frequently as well now.

Yes, I am not sure about point 3, So hopefully I am wrong here.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, wanderline said:

Ok, But you forgot to quote me in the same language, not a translation

• Like 8