I'll be honest, I feel abused and discarded.

jonbaas

How do I have such a low seller Success Score? I am among the best-selling sellers on this site, with thousands of buyers (in 94+ countries), mathematically great reviews, more all-time revenue than most sellers, and otherwise fantastic metrics.... except -- for unclear reasons -- a low success score. I have dealt with some terrible buyers (most that were incapable of being satistifed -- the kind of buyer we all try to avoid), as we all have, yet, despite being a successful seller -- for a decade on this site (since 2014) -- my newly-imposed low success score means that I -- as it stands right now -- may no longer be able to sell my popular service(s) here. I don't see how I can "improve" from this low success score, and big-gig-weighted "strong negative impact" seller satisfaction metric (and certainly not in one month!). Out of all of my many completed gig sales, within the past two years alone, I have only had three 1-2 star reviews. That's well above average for my gig category(s), and easily outweighed by my many other great reviews.

I work hard to please my clients. I always have. That's part of my branded reputation. That's why my clients hire me.

So, who the heck has secretly reviewed me so low as to put me into "strong negative impact", low seller Success Score territory? "Show me my accusers".

Why am I being penalized for metrics that I cannot/could not control? The new system sees only numbers and metrics, without taking into consideration the true reasons for those metrics. I am not a bad seller. In fact, I am well-respected on the site, as well as here on the forums. People know me. Forum users know me (all too well, in fact). I've influenced hundreds of big business brands.... I've created artwork, logos, and other business elements for celebrities, notable hotel chains, government officials (some running for election at the time), entertainers, a notable Country Music singer, new inventions (some that are already on the market), even an astronaut! Heck, I was even so trusted by Fiverr as to serve as a forum moderator for a while (years ago)!

I've worked hard, over the years, to EARN my strong, positive reputation. So why are blanket uncontrollable metrics waiting to kill me, as a seller, here on Fiverr?

Surely this new Fiverr system can do a better job of quantifying the value of its greatest assets -- proven, successful, respected sellers like myself (and others).

I don't want to stop being a great seller, here, on Fiverr, yet, for some reason, this new system thinks that I should.

Where's the fairness, or respect, in that?

----------------------------------------------------------

(NOTE: I am not trying to start arguments, just expressing my valuable thoughts and concerns)

• Like 41
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 15
  • Up 18

Yeah I feel the same.... I've been on fiverr since 2011, more than 13,000 sales.... used to be a top rated seller with 50 daily orders and now I have 5 orders a month or less.... because All my gigs are HIDDEN.... Sucess score is 4 😕 and i'm pretty sad because Fiverr was my only source of income. 
HOW DO THEY WANT US to get a better score if people can't find our gigs with a lower score?

Fiverr only cares about the buyers and their satisfaction but some buyers are mean, rude, cancel orders just because, want free stuff and if you don't give them what they want they get upset... Fiverr should do something about it too.
I'm really dissapointed

• Like 30
  • Sad 5
  • Up 5

Tough situation and being in the dark about the probable cause(s) of the situation is even more difficult. Possibly, subscribing to Seller Plus Premium and seeking help from your Success Manager will help. 🥲

Fiverr support will send the standardised replies and links only, to the tickets! 

Edited by priyank_mod
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Up 4

1 hour ago, karyface1 said:

Yeah I feel the same.... I've been on fiverr since 2011, more than 13,000 sales.... used to be a top rated seller with 50 daily orders and now I have 5 orders a month or less.... because All my gigs are HIDDEN.... Sucess score is 4 😕 and i'm pretty sad because Fiverr was my only source of income. 
HOW DO THEY WANT US to get a better score if people can't find our gigs with a lower score?

Fiverr only cares about the buyers and their satisfaction but some buyers are mean, rude, cancel orders just because, want free stuff and if you don't give them what they want they get upset... Fiverr should do something about it too.
I'm really dissapointed

Same They never do anything took me 2 year to build my gig working slowly and finally reaching top level soon and then from one mistake from a client who was closing a order of some else accidently close my order. he did put the order back and talk but that took order rate down and idk what happened then my gig reachs finished i used to get 10-15 orders/ msg now not even 2-3 msg whole week. My whole reach everything finished 

• Like 17

I believe that orders which are automatically marked as complete, those without feedback, and even cancellations—such as when a buyer mistakenly orders two gigs or fails to provide requirements—contribute to the success score. Basically, anything that makes the order unsuccessful (in Fiverr's eyes) is the seller's fault. This is a copy-paste of the job success score - the worst thing that happened to Upwork a few years ago.

This metric would only make sense if they also showed a Success Score for buyers so that sellers can avoid buyers with low success scores.

I have a gig that has received 13 orders, with 8 reviews (all 5-star), and there is one order pending without requirements since November. My success score stands at 4. Since no one has raised any complaints, I am at a loss as to what I should improve.

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • Up 4

I have completed 53 orders 51 Rating 5-star and one 4 and 1-star.  Getting two ratings less is because of their non-cooperation.  So far no work has been delivered late but my response rate has been reduced to 0. Due to fiverr new update my success score is 4 and the gig is not available for more than 4 months.  How to complete the next step if gig searching is not available.  All my efforts are in vain.  I don't know what will happen in the coming days because my family runs with this income.

• Like 15
  • Up 3

I'm totally with you here @jonbaas - I posted my concerns back on the big thread a short time ago, but I echo what you're saying totally.

I am incredibly disheartened by Fiverr's treatment of us right now.  Feels like all the hard work put in to providing a fantastic service has meant absolutely nothing to them.

2 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Where's the fairness, or respect, in that?

There definitely is none of that here.

• Like 19
  • Up 2

I was shocked at being demoted from Level 2 to Level 1.  As others have said before me, I've always replied within an hour, had fabulous 5 star reviews apart from one 4.9 and 1 cancellation which Fiverr said wasn't my fault so they said it wouldn't affect my stats.  I'm speechless and now thinking I need to find another freelance site to work on 😞

• Like 16

45 minutes ago, sathisultana900 said:

I have completed 53 orders 51 Rating 5-star and one 4 and 1-star.  Getting two ratings less is because of their non-cooperation.  So far no work has been delivered late but my response rate has been reduced to 0. Due to fiverr new update my success score is 4 and the gig is not available for more than 4 months.  How to complete the next step if gig searching is not available.  All my efforts are in vain.  I don't know what will happen in the coming days because my family runs with this income.

same situation since past 3 months

• Like 13

1 hour ago, priyank_mod said:

Tough situation and being in the dark about the probable cause(s) of the situation is even more difficult. Possibly, subscribing to Seller Plus Premium and seeking help from your Success Manager will help. 🥲

Fiverr support will send the standardised replies and links only, to the tickets! 

Apparently people have to be Level 1 for that 🥲 

I'm level 2 according to the old system, have 4.9 star rating and now my success score is at 4 (need 5 for new level). My top selling gig shows "Strong negative impact"for "delivery time" even though I was only late once for a high number of orders.

Very much interested how this update will work out, up until now I really have no idea how to improve those metrics with a bad visibility and almost no orders at all since this year started. 

I think it's time to focus on other platforms and customers outside of fiverr.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 12.49.51.png

Edited by almostfauxreal
  • Like 13
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Why am I being penalized for metrics that I cannot/could not control?

What makes me furious is that it's all served under a sauce of "transparency, relieving the pressure, accurately reflecting performance, setting better expectations", unicorns, and fairy dust 🧚‍♀️🦄.

They don't answer any relevant questions ("Your call is very important to us! Please wait for an eternity").

At the same time, it can be seen that many official representatives read all these messages. 

They want people to write "I am so happy and excited with this new system! I want to sing from happiness!!!"

In fact, they basically removed all clear stats and implemented a system, which makes it impossible to understand what to do. 

2 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

and seeking help from your Success Manager will help.

I am in touch with my SM, and they seem to have the same state of shock that we do. 

On a positive note, I was told that they are trying to find a way to solve the issue of orders canceled by CS (Maybe it will be another cover-up to hide the real state of things). 

I have good indicators as of now, but the entire approach is disgusting and it stinks...

When I read this, my chair starts to burn 😁

Additionally, we will test a new calculation method for public ratings that incorporates historical private feedback, aiming to reflect client feedback more holistically and enhance the reliability of ratings as a decision-making tool. This adjustment may lead to a change in public rating scores platform-wide. 

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 17
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

What makes me furious is that it's all served under a sauce of "transparency, relieving the pressure, accurately reflecting performance, setting better expectations", unicorns, and fairy dust

In fact, they basically removed all clear stats and implemented a system, which makes it impossible to understand what to do.

I have good indicators as of now, but the entire approach is disgusting and it stinks...

I could not agree more with everything you say. This is shady, disgusting behavior on Fiverr's part to say this is in the interest of 'transparency'  and 'fairness' when there are sellers about to lose their homes over sudden, unfathomable actions by Fiverr and no true indication of the actions people should take, all because their 'how to improve' messages and statistics simply do not add up. Something certainly stinks; in 25+ years of being a large corporate brands' strategic consultant and a director with Bernstein Research Inc., never did I see anything as appallingly mismanaged and secretive as this. I feel revolted by even the brand of Fiverr just now; it has lost its good reputation in my eyes.

• Like 13
  • Up 6

I believe the system is taking private feedback into consideration. It's not just calculating performance for the last three months but for the entire lifetime, which is a problem. For someone who has been on this platform for years, their average performance score will always be lower than those who are new.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

I had only just been told there was nothing I could improve on and that private reviews are excellent. I have a score 8 due to 'cancellations' which were all non-fault (buyer fault) and low impact on one gig, just saying communication could improve slightly but Fiverr fails to send me any notifications for new messages incoming, which I see is a major issue for many sellers. This whole thing is guesswork. 

How we can 'improve' when the system has caused untold unfathomable mess-ups, I do not know.

• Like 10
  • Sad 5

I was supposed to turn into a top seller yesterday.... Now the testing for my most popular gig is 7. I messaged customer support and they replied that even though I have an average of 5 star rating, in their "secret evaluations" I'm not being evaluated as good. Anyone know what these secret evaluations are? What purpose does it serve to evaluate is and not give us that feedback? What they are doing now it's not feedback, I'm as in the dark about what my clients really think about me now than I was a week ago.

I'm also highly suspect of this answer because most of my clients (and I mean like 80-90%) return, so how negative can their experience really be?

• Like 11

I'm just - no, I was - a level 2 seller and have not been active on the platform since 2023. But this update confuses me so much. From level 2 I was demoted to level 0 and I can understand the logic behind the "decision" as I don't have active orders nor have I received new messages in months. But I can't access any tool for improvements such as promoted gigs or displaying my main clients. Also, one of my gigs was labeled with a 4-point success score and the system addresses as top areas contributing to the gig's score a "conflict-free orders". Delving the issue, the negative impact could be because there were "disputes between you and your clients"  or/and "indication that the client had a bad experience and was unsatisfied with the delivery" . So, disputes between me and the client, client's unsatifaction and late delivery. But I had only 5 stars ratings for that gig. No issues, no complaints, I always delivered in time. How can I improve if I don't know what's wrong with that gig? How can I improve if clients leave 5 stars and then they "talk" behind my back? I was ready to study the market and the platform again but I feel a little bit demotivated

Edited by alphagev
  • Like 12
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, kipparart said:

I was supposed to turn into a top seller yesterday.... Now the testing for my most popular gig is 7. I messaged customer support and they replied that even though I have an average of 5 star rating, in their "secret evaluations" I'm not being evaluated as good. Anyone know what these secret evaluations are? What purpose does it serve to evaluate is and not give us that feedback? What they are doing now it's not feedback, I'm as in the dark about what my clients really think about me now than I was a week ago.

I'm also highly suspect of this answer because most of my clients (and I mean like 80-90%) return, so how negative can their experience really be?

"Secret Evaluation" Mean you're not going to be promoted yet, Because fiverr is all about transparency.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, karyface1 said:

I'm really dissapointed

I agree with you. This new evaluation is absurd!!! I am so sad that I put a lot of effort into getting to level 2. I meet all the criteria to be top-rated and now with the new success score, I will just go back to level 0. This is so UNFAIR

• Like 12

4 hours ago, sathisultana900 said:

I'm in the same situation. Back to le vel 0 this is so unfair. 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

What makes me furious is that it's all served under a sauce of "transparency, relieving the pressure, accurately reflecting performance, setting better expectations", unicorns, and fairy dust 🧚‍♀️🦄.

EXACTLY. This is so incredibly opaque it makes Vanta Black look translucent by comparison.

The number of high-ranking, high-value sellers I see getting demoted or penalized with this new system is wild. Doesn't Fiverr want to make money? Why mark down top earners??

• Like 18
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

Sometimes It's okay to let go, I suggest everyone here on fiverr you should all work on yourselves and building your brand and skills. Don't rely on fiverr only. Trust me, once you start doing that, you won't have any issues.

Leave all this success score and level BS. And just focus on your skills.

• Like 12
  • Up 4

Like many before me, I share your pain!! Only recently I was eagerly awaiting for my top rated seller badge (all criteria ticked)...and now demoted to level 0 with the new system (because of success score 4). Worst of it, no concrete explanation, what this criteria refers to (secret post-order evaluations by buyers??). 

Sad to say this, but also considering if Fiverr is still the freelancing platform worth investing in. 

• Like 12

10 hours ago, jonbaas said:

So, who the heck has secretly reviewed me so low as to put me into "strong negative impact", low seller Success Score territory? "Show me my accusers"

Why would fiverr show you who has given you a low rating privately ? You know what private feedback Means, right ?

• Like 9