[Account Flagged] How fair is this?

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone.

I will be glad to discuss and I will be even more glad to hear an answer from the Fiverr team, not the answer that we receive from Fiverr Support, a template, with only the name in the message changed, with a redirection to the fact that somewhere, someone has already decided everything and there is nothing to appeal it’s impossible and all that, but a real, human answer.

In general, I think the new account flagging system surprised everyone, even the most experienced sellers.
I'm sure this caused confusion, rumors of how a mega-corporation could make such controversial decisions.

The root of the problem here is that anyone, at any time, could make a break, break some rules (of which there are literally hundreds and hundreds), which are written in two ways, so that they can be interpreted as it is convenient for the platform, but not at all to the user.

Well, despite these rules, we got a situation where, conditionally, I can violate the Fiverr rules in 2022, then I got my rating reset, according to the old rules, I couldn’t participate in any ratings for a month, then for a month I again 

calibrated and got my rating back and the opportunity to work. Then in 2024 new restrictions for warnings come out and I am punished again for what I did in 2022...
How could this even be invented?
Where should such a scheme concerning old sellers who worked BEFORE these new rules even concern?

You know that when I stumbled in 2022 and was punished, I did not participate in the rating system for 2 months, during which any impressions and clicks dropped for me, and you remember that in 30-60 days I should have there should be correspondence, reviews, successful orders - so that I can then calibrate again after 60 days and apply to the 1st level of the seller (and if I had the 2nd one before the restriction, then another 30 days extra).

Conditionally, I was already punished, and very strongly, and only if I was really the best and deserved the rating, could I return back to duty on Fiverr.
So tell me now on what basis I was punished in 2024 with new rules and thrown out of the rating altogether, although I had not violated anything for more than 2 years and had a stable 5-star rating.
What is the point of this?
Where is the adequate attitude towards sellers?
Why now when you contact support they answer you with template answers and just try to politely point you in the direction.

Those old rules that made Fiverr one of the best platforms for freelancers, the richest platform, successful and famous have been successfully replaced by new ones, who are striving for something unknown.
Do you want to punish users? Why, so that they don’t do this again and try better?
Okay, but then why is “Account Flagged” lifetime?
What can this motivate? 
I would also understand if, as before, 3 warnings = ban, but each warning punishes temporarily and gives the right to correction, but the new rules do not motivate anyone except multi-accounting and an even more negligent attitude towards the rules, because now if you then you violated it - there is nothing to lose, your account will never be the same.

The one who will protect a mega-corporation, with hundreds of millions of dollars in income, from a simple user who feeds his family - I hope everything is okay with you, friends)

Edited by ibunkov
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, ibunkov said:

You know that when I stumbled in 2022 and was punished, I did not participate in the rating system for 2 months,

This is totally not okay. Giving punishments multiple times for the same violation is unacceptable.

If someone is caught for the first time (even if it was a mistake from three years ago), then giving a punishment is totally fine, as it is the first time the person is receiving that punishment. Even having a big punishment (such as permanent suspension) is also okay and understandable.

But claiming that you're being punished again for the same mistake for which you have already been punished is unbelievable, regardless how severe the violation was. Imagine throwing a criminal in jail again after 30 years for a crime he committed in the past and already served a 10-year sentence for. C'mon!

But are you sure though that you're being punished for the same violation? Maybe there's something else behind the story, or perhaps you're being punished for a different violation that you're not aware of or can't remember. Did Customer Support or an email confirm that it's the same violation from 2022?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

Это совершенно не нормально. Недопустимо многократное наказание за одно и то же нарушение.

Если кого-то поймали впервые (даже если это была ошибка трехлетней давности), то наказать – это совершенно нормально, так как это наказание человек получает впервые. Даже суровое наказание (например, постоянное отстранение) тоже нормально и понятно.

Но утверждать, что вас снова наказывают за ту же ошибку, за которую вы уже были наказаны, — это невероятно, независимо от того, насколько серьезным было нарушение. Представьте себе, что преступника снова бросают в тюрьму через 30 лет за преступление, которое он совершил в прошлом и за которое уже отбыл 10-летний срок. Да брось!

Но уверены ли вы, что вас наказывают за то же нарушение? Возможно, за этой историей стоит что-то еще, или, возможно, вас наказывают за другое нарушение, о котором вы не знаете или не можете вспомнить. Подтвердила ли служба поддержки клиентов или электронное письмо, что это то же нарушение, что и в 2022 году?

The situation was exactly as I described.

I had a violation a long time ago, for which I received a punishment from the platform.

Then they introduced a new rating system and I did not receive repeated violations and no restrictions either.
When the new system started working, my account was marked as “Account Flagged” and any of my calls to support were pointless.
I think this has happened to many people.
They simply did not take into account the age of the violation.
It’s just that if you received a warning even 5 years ago (and on Fiverr it’s easier to get it than it seems, I’ve seen a huge number of videos on YouTube with tips on how not to get a warning by mistake, it’s just hilarious) then according to the new rules your account is automatically marked as “Account Flagged" despite the fact that you have already been punished, you have already lost several months trying to restore it, in the past and now you are also being finished off...
This is actually a super terrible attitude, as well as the implementation of the new system.
I doubt that they did not discuss this; they deliberately went for it, without adequate reasons.

Punish you under the old system by depriving you of participation in the rating for a month, taking away your seller level and giving you a warning for a month that limits the number of views and clicks you receive, and then release a new system according to which for that old warning, no matter how many years ago - your account is marked "Account Flagged", your seller level is taken away and you are not allowed to develop further, this is actually a double punishment for 1 mistake...
What the meaning of this is not clear.

Edited by ibunkov
  • Like 2

On 5/30/2024 at 9:58 PM, ibunkov said:

What the meaning of this is not clear.

It's the power of AI determining our fate--innovative, transparent, sustainable, and fostering an environment that empowers freelancers and nurtures their mental health.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2

53 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

It's the power of AI determining our fate--innovative, transparent, sustainable, and fostering an environment that empowers freelancers and nurtures their mental health.

Unfortunately it's not just Fiverr. All major freelancing platforms are embracing AI in one way or another, which is to our detriment, in the end.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mandyzines said:

Well noted 😁

22 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Unfortunately it's not just Fiverr. All major freelancing platforms are embracing AI in one way or another, which is to our detriment, in the end.

We allow it to be to our detriment. Some of us even DEFEND it.

• Like 2