New scam attempt (sophisticated)

visualstudios

Hi all,

I'm new here. I just received a screenshot with a QR code from a buyer through my Fiverr inbox. The screenshot showed that he purchased my services, but I didn't receive any notification or email from the platform. I'm not very sure about the process. Is this the correct procedure, or should I consider this a scam? Please help me! Thank you!

image.png.43cb729075fda672c1fdd19350f6b001.png

• Like 3

So I received these messages right after I published my Gigs. I wanna ask are they even real? When I pressed on one of the link they redirect me to a funding page or something. If anyone knows about this please tell me Thank you so much!

Screenshot_2024-07-14-12-19-41-726_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2024-07-14-12-16-05-026_com.fiverr.fiverr.jpg

Screenshot_2024-07-14-12-14-01-071_com.fiverr.fiverr.jpg

Screenshot_2024-07-14-12-13-47-838_com.fiverr.fiverr.jpg

And then they blocked me when I didnt do as they said 😞

Screenshot_2024-07-14-12-24-29-371_com.fiverr.fiverr.jpg

But should I reply to them or accept their offers? Are they real people wanting my service?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bebaoboy said:

But should I reply to them or accept their offers? Are they real people wanting my service?

You just got saved from a SCAM!! 

In future, block and report all such texts from Scammers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It looks like they've changed the display name to "Heip Center" (letter i instead of letter L for help - though the dot above it is lower height than the one shown for the username). Maybe it's just the different font Fiverr user - unless the user has somehow put a different non-standard character in the display name field.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

There's a scam going around targeting new Fiverr users. They're using a fake website to trick people into entering credit card info to 'receive payments.' Always verify transactions directly on the official Fiverr platform to stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

8 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

Fake. Please report and block.

---

@Lena, @Kesha, @milos_siena: Got a new nickname to maybe blacklist here. "Help Center"

Well, I have to say they are getting more and more creative. Reported and forwarded to the relevant team. 

Thank you! 

• Like 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello @justtakesomekb 

Yes, it looks like a scam. Please report this user to our Customer Support immediately. Send them an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.  

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thanks. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

Hello @wackymons 

Yes, it appears to be a scam. Please report this user to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you. 

• Like 3
  • Up 3

Hello @alaminpro17 

I am so sorry you had such an experience as a newcomer. We are aware of the issue and are actively working on resolving that issue. I can assure you that you will meet many amazing Buyers on Fiverr. We kindly ask you to report those users to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

Please remember not to open suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you and good luck! 

• Like 4

Fiverr Support texting you for bank details? Is this genuine or not? 

Within an hour of creating an account I received these many message requests, and now they all send an image with QR code in it stating it's from Fiverr.
Can Fiverr at least place a ban on "Support Fiverr" Username, because the link after scanning the QR code is also "fiverr.[random no.].com".

This is disgusting as I speak, I just wanted to open up my work space on contract basis because there weren't any openings for product Designers out there for 3 years experience guys. And now these things keep happening. Every other message that I received is related to this scam. And I'm telling you it's hard to identify the links too.

Yours Sincerely

Yonko (K Deshmukh)

image.png

image.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 6.17.43 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 6.19.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 6.16.39 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 6.17.03 PM.png

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Hello @yonko_deshmukh 

Yes, it appears to be a scam. Please report this user to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

Thank you.

• Like 2

Here it comes, how many should I block?

Ayyyye shhhhhhh huuuuh, seriously? I'm leaving Fiverr, it's more of a disappointment now.
They are changing locations to contact me, I keep blocking them, they start approaching me with the same stuff.

image.png.3e044c0a833016fb0d1b84c3ee437c45.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Is this real?

Greetings Dear loganarmstrong0, We are pleased to inform you that a user has purchased your service "edit and create photoshop document management for your business" on our platform. The buyer has made the payment, and your confirmation is required to complete the transaction and withdraw the funds. In the next automatic message, you will receive a link to confirm and access your payment. This is an automated notification. Once the payment is received and the bank details are verified, the client will be notified immediately. The entire process will be conducted swiftly, securely, and reliably. We appreciate your continued use of our platform. Best regards, Fiverr Support Team

• Like 2

It seems you are on spam attack. Hope Fiverr's robot will detect and delete or band the spammers account and hope you will receive a message like this:
SPAMMERS ACCOUNT NAME can no longer be contacted. This will not affect your response rate.

So, don't get panic, Fiverr will take care of it.

• Like 4

Hello @loganarmstrong0 

Thank you. 

• Like 6

Hello @kamalkarki632 

That appears to be a scam. We are aware of the issue and are actively working to resolve it. Please report these users to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Hi! I'm new to Fiverr and just got this message, Is this Legit or a Scam? After I click the link it redirected me to Fiverr (2nd photo) where I need to enter my bank details and they ask for an OTP and they need my Bank Account Balance

Screenshot 2024-07-16 144546.png

Screenshot 2024-07-16 144803.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jeremydemate_va said:

Is this Legit or a Scam? After I click the link it redirected me to Fiverr (2nd photo) where I need to enter my bank details

It's a scam. They've been blocked too.

Though it says "fiverr." at the start of the url, the site it redirects to is actually "id<a number>".com so it's not part of Fiverr. id<their number> is a scam site. Fiverr URLs start with "fiverr.com".

Fiverr doesn't message people in the inbox to ask for their bank/card info.

You can also see the scammer's logo looks quite different to the logo of the real Fiverr (that said they were no longer contactable).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1