Jump to content

Introducing Fiverr NEO, an AI matching tool


Kesha

Recommended Posts

Finding the right freelancer for your project is crucial, and that’s why we’re thrilled to have introduced the easiest new way to find freelancers without a dedicated Customer Success manager, our Fiverr Neo. As some of you may know, NEO is like your personalized assistant, dedicated to connecting you with the freelancer best fit for the job. 

Gone are the days of endlessly browsing for the right seller, our new AI matching tool, Fiverr NEO, is here to help! By asking targeted questions, it understands your project needs and recommends the right freelancer, saving you loads of time. 

So, how does it work? 

Simply initiate a chat with Fiverr NEO by clicking “Talk to NEO” on your homepage or your inbox. Start by telling NEO what service you’re looking for. NEO will then ask you follow-up questions to understand your style, budget, and more.

Once it has all the details, NEO will suggest a match. If you’re satisfied, engage the seller by requesting a quote. Or, if you want more options, click “Show me another option”. 

If you need more time to think before reaching out to a seller, don’t worry. NEO keeps your conversations labeled and stored in your inbox for easy access. 

Whenever you reach out to your freelancer of choice, keep an eye on your inbox for the freelancer’s response. They may either respond with a custom offer or with a request for more information.  

NEO is currently available to a large majority of the marketplace. We will continue to roll it out to all users over time.

  • Like 76
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @Kesha, Thank you for the update. just wondering how NEO will pick the right seller when dozens of gigs have the same keywords and an equal amount of good reviews.  Will it distribute the opportunity equally among the sellers to get a chance to pop out in suggestion or every time the good performing gigs get the benefit?  

  • Like 55
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Lena pinned this topic

Is Fiverr Neo currently only available for buyer-only accounts (not those who are buyers & sellers or those with seller accounts but could switch to buyer-only mode)?

because currently according to this poll, not many people from the forum have access to it:

  • Like 43
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, rajat2910 said:

Hi @KeshaHow it will benefit the seller?

This is another way that buyers can get matched to sellers who align with what they are looking for. Essentially, this creates another point where sellers can get in front of buyers beyond just the search.

  • Like 45
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, biggerant said:

Hi @Kesha, Thank you for the update. just wondering how NEO will pick the right seller when dozens of gigs have the same keywords and an equal amount of good reviews.  Will it distribute the opportunity equally among the sellers to get a chance to pop out in suggestion or every time the good performing gigs get the benefit?  

Hi! The algorithm picks sellers based on the answers and preferences of the buyer. NEO is programmed to rotate through quality sellers and is not recommending the same sellers each time. 

  • Like 43
  • Up 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Is Fiverr Neo currently only available for buyer-only accounts (not those who are buyers & sellers or those with seller accounts but could switch to buyer-only mode)?

because currently according to this poll, not many people from the forum have access to it:

Hi! This feature was first rolled out to Buyer Select. By now, a good mix of both buyers and sellers should have the feature, but it has not been fully rolled out to everyone yet.

  • Like 39
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kesha said:

This feature was first rolled out to Buyer Select.

I'm in Fiverr Select as buyer-only. I can't find it. Where in the UI should I be seeing it? (I'm using Microsoft Edge version 120 on PC)

  • Like 34
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This Neo is highly irritating, being in an overwhelming black box, dominating the messages when all I wish to do is interface with my buyers; why the heck do I need a huge Neo sign to assist me to do what I have successfully done alone for my whole professional life? Can we turn this wretched thing off?

It assumes we need hand-holding and spoon-feeding from AI at every opportunity. It's like some kind of buzzword each site feels it cannot survive without. Why? Are we advocating for the increasingly brain-dead user? Fiverr is throwing in regular pointless changes for its most experienced sellers who really only want to be aleft alone to get on with the generation and turnaround of business without all these 'helpful' diversions at every turn these days.

Honestly, it feels as if people with no business acumen are making many of the decisions.

  • Like 40
  • Confused 1
  • Up 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got access to Neo now. It seems okay but also slow. Lots of "waiting" type messages before it tells of just one seller it finds. I thought it would recommend a few each time. I also said I needed a logo and it found me a seller who has no logo design gigs but does logo reveal videos.

The messages from Neo just stopped after it's said "give me a moment" without it giving me a seller who actually has a logo design gig (not a logo animation/reveal gig). But then when I asked about where they were it showed me another seller it found. It also doesn't show any dates/times in the messages from the user/from Neo (apart from the date/time at the top for the start of the chat, which might be a different date if you continued looking for the right gigs for a project). It would be better if it had a date/time for each message so you can tell when you asked it something/when it recommended a seller (or when it said it would before stopping working).

Also I'm not sure why it's recommending sellers and not specific gigs. And it could recommend multiple sellers/gigs each time and take up more of the width of the screen instead of just one seller on the left recommended (people with lower than avg. res could scroll a bit if needed). It could also allow links to a suggested seller or gig to be opened in a new tab by right clicking on it and selecting that straight from the Neo chat.

It also doesn't know if you ask it for something that isn't really possible but continues trying to find the seller (eg. "I want it to have 7 red lines, all strictly perpendicular, all red, some of those drawn with green ink and the rest drawn with transparent ink - like in the The Expert video. 🙂).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 33
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the inclusion of NEO beneficial?

In my opinion, no;
I find it limiting for both buyers and sellers. From the perspective of someone seeking a service, the user will only see the proposal of a single freelancer. This restricts the user from assessing the quality of work offered by other users, which may be significantly better than what NEO proposes. For those inexperienced in certain subjects, mediocre work might appear to be the standard, lacking other metrics for comparison.

This, of course, has an impact on the sales of other sellers who will not be considered at all.
Wouldn't it be fairer for the customer to choose the best seller by browsing through various portfolios, understanding for themselves what they need and want to achieve?

I also wonder for what purpose a user should be encouraged to spend less time on a website.

 
  • Like 29
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fiverr Neo is mostly aimed at buyers, for finding the right freelancer.

Couldn't Neo have an additional option where that option was for asking for help as a Fiverr seller (for any aspect of Fiverr selling), and be able to give accurate answers to relevant questions?

Ideally Neo is working solely at Fiverr (not sending stuff to Open AI), so if that's the case, maybe it could send info/context to Neo about all the seller's gigs (or a specific one if asking about a particular one) and then that could help it, with the user's prompts to give accurate answers to what the seller is asking. Maybe it could give recommendations about their gigs or give advice about a current order etc., or recommend other gigs to create etc.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 26
  • Up 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/15/2024 at 6:49 PM, martadalmaso said:

Is the inclusion of NEO beneficial?

In my opinion, no;
I find it limiting for both buyers and sellers. From the perspective of someone seeking a service, the user will only see the proposal of a single freelancer. This restricts the user from assessing the quality of work offered by other users, which may be significantly better than what NEO proposes. For those inexperienced in certain subjects, mediocre work might appear to be the standard, lacking other metrics for comparison.

This, of course, has an impact on the sales of other sellers who will not be considered at all.
Wouldn't it be fairer for the customer to choose the best seller by browsing through various portfolios, understanding for themselves what they need and want to achieve?

I also wonder for what purpose a user should be encouraged to spend less time on a website.

 
 
 

Valid point, pretty much agree with you. 

But unfortunately, that's where the world is moving to. AI is yet to develop any pathbreaking capabilities IMO but the current trend is just to process, package and serve the available information on a platter to the user!!

The food ordering-app I use often to order food from nearby restaurants - it introduced an AI-based search feature a couple of months back. I just need tap on the picture of a dish or cuisine and it recommends me restaurants in the chat window.🤦‍♂️

I find the feature silly but that's what technology trends often are. Everyone adopts out of FOMO and then they drop the ideas completely later too. 5 years back, all tech giants were bullish on VR and were making weird-fancy headsets and now they all just want us to use their generative search tools. 🫠

  • Like 27
  • Up 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

Not sure why but since 2 days ago since I saw the Neo thing in my inbox my impressions dropped by 60-70% ... 

Pretty sure it's not related to that. Impressions always vary, maybe it has to do with private reviews, a drop in performance, or just Fiverr presenting other gigs for now and rotating stuff. I don't think Neo has anything to do with it. From what I used, it's very random and it takes way less to browse yourself rather than feed Neo the info.. At least in my case, it delivered unrelated stuff to what I was looking, so I am not sure how helpful it might be for buyers. 

  • Like 24
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

no one can know that for sure 🙂

Yeah, it goes both ways. You can't know it's from that either. We can only assume, and I don't see how adding something new to the interface would affect a specific account. You might be right though, I don't care about impressions, I only monitor clicks, that's meaningful for me. Impressions are way too random anyway. 

  • Like 26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Yeah, it goes both ways. You can't know it's from that either. We can only assume, and I don't see how adding something new to the interface would affect a specific account. You might be right though, I don't care about impressions, I only monitor clicks, that's meaningful for me. Impressions are way too random anyway. 

It might be a bug though...  on the app my impressions seem to be growing, on my PC I see the exact opposite... 

  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

It might be a bug though...  on the app my impressions seem to be growing, on my PC I see the exact opposite... 

It might, Fiverr is working on changes to the site anyway so who knows, really. I don't even check my impressions/clicks anymore, I just try to focus on work at this point. 

  • Like 23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2024 at 6:25 PM, uk1000 said:

Couldn't Neo have an additional option where that option was for asking for help as a Fiverr seller (for any aspect of Fiverr selling), and be able to give accurate answers to relevant questions?

I made several attempts to ask Neo seller-related questions but you do kind of have to know the right answers (and the right questions to keep asking to bring up more answers). I can see so many ways it could go wrong if the seller doesn't dig enough for more information (or to keep asking questions), especially if it is ToS-related:

Quote

image.png.14bd37d4de73ba8e53bff8bb7a45ff1d.png

On 1/17/2024 at 2:29 AM, uzzol_rafat said:

What kind of advantage can the seller have here?

It might be a good place to organize your thoughts before submitting a help desk ticket, especially if you have a specific question as I did above. Otherwise, Neo will just send you the same "Start Selling" link (or start trying to help you look for a freelancer).

As @uk1000 mentioned, Neo is heavily biased toward helping buyers:

Quote

image.png.bc93f194cad9227a886813ad7f6bb0e8.png

Neo hasn't matched me to a relevant buyer yet, but it's pretty determined to do so (it constantly tries to redirect conversations to help me find a new buyer). It doesn't matter what the conversation and it gets more persistent over time.

On 1/17/2024 at 2:50 AM, Alex.M said:

Not sure why but since 2 days ago since I saw the Neo thing in my inbox my impressions dropped by 60-70% ... 

Quote

image.png.9f18eeb37ec917df4208c0307cd8dffd.png

On 1/17/2024 at 2:56 AM, donnovan86 said:

Pretty sure it's not related to that.

On 1/17/2024 at 3:07 AM, Alex.M said:

no one can know that for sure 🙂

Neo won't admit it, that's for sure!

Neo also forgets me if I move to a different thread (it forgot my name and that I already told it that I was a TRS - sorry for the bad grammar!):

Quote

image.png.90624f989cc076d56654629eef5a86da.png

  • Like 37
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I made several attempts to ask Neo seller-related questions but you do kind of have to know the right answers (and the right questions to keep asking to bring up more answers).

A lot of buyers don't have the patience to go through a lot of steps like that. It's a lot easier to just browse a few pages and pick a person. I don't have patience when it comes to sitting and explaining to the AI what to do. It should offer a few options to click on and speed things up. I don't want to take minutes to wait for an answer that might not be ideal. So yeah, I am sure a lot of buyers are like this and won't really use it. It's a nice to have thing, but I don't think it will dethrone regular search.

  • Like 26
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I don't think it will dethrone regular search.

I'm hoping it'll eventually replace the buyer briefs (which are also not a good replacement for Fiverr's search, but better than buyer requests). I also prefer to do my own research to vet out sellers to work with. Briefs and Neo are more catered to those who are used to posting jobs rather than searching.

  • Like 24
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...