Fiverr PRO 2.0

newsmike

17 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

Particularly as Pro is now being awarded to some top sellers without them having to apply for it.

Although we don't have data on that, and it's not mentioned in that e-mail. We just heard about a couple of individual cases (or even just the one, actually?) If I recall correctly, Fiverr invited some people back in the beginning of Pro, before they even opened the applications, to get the ball rolling.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Although we don't have data on that, and it's not mentioned in that e-mail. We just heard about a couple of individual cases (or even just the one, actually?) If I recall correctly, Fiverr invited some people back in the beginning of Pro, before they even opened the applications, to get the ball rolling.

Speaking to this, I just realized (like maybe a month ago) that aside from voiceover - which is what I applied for - I am also apparently Pro verified in 'music & audio advice', whatever the heck that is.

No one ever mentioned it to me, and I never asked, but there it is. I'm thinking of starting a gig called 'I Will Tell You If Your Song Sucks' for $5. Wait... it'll have to be $100, right? Inflation, man...

• Like 24
  • Haha 11
  • Thanks 1

It looks like I got a different e-mail, probably 'cause I just put in my application for Pro in another subcategory, and it just got accepted. The email mentioned they're about to launch the biggest update to Pro ever. The link in the email took me straight to my Fiverr Business profile. I'm thinking this update might have something to do with that. Perhaps they're combining the two? The email even said I don't have to change my gig pricing, so maybe we're about to see a bunch of Pro gigs with lower pricing. That, or the e-mail was tailored to me because my gig in that subcategory automatically turned pro and already had a Pro price on it. 

image.thumb.png.e627ae699b2d9ef904ce839bcd38487b.png

• Like 26
  • Congrats! 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, leannelrivers said:

Particularly as Pro is now being awarded to some top sellers without them having to apply for it.

This happened to me today and a few other sellers I know of also. I’m thrilled to now be PRO but definitely curious what this all means

• Like 28
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, bethanyvo said:

This happened to me today and a few other sellers I know of also. I’m thrilled to now be PRO but definitely curious what this all means

I'm guessing Fiverr is taking some of their best sellers, verifying them manually at will, opening up for lower prices, in the hopes of growing the number of pro sellers on the platform. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, smashradio said:

so maybe we're about to see a bunch of Pro gigs with lower pricing.

I am not sure how things are in the other categories. But as far as writing goes, there are few Pro gigs with actual orders in queue. Most of them rarely receive any orders, and I guess that's the reason why they are bringing some of the TRS into the PRO program. 

As for what changes they will make, I am not entirely sure. The fact that Pro sellers will receive more exposure tells me that either they will have even MORE exposure in the regular gig search, or they might actually feature Pro sellers more on the Fiverr Business platform. Then again, we live in very tough times financially, and AI is taking A LOT of sales from Fiverr, so I expected them to do something that benefits all sellers. But apparently Pro gigs make the most money, so I can see why they are doing that.

We will see what will happen. What I saw is that at least in my category a lot of sellers dropped their prices, so at least for writers things are going pretty bad. 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I am not sure how things are in the other categories. But as far as writing goes, there are few Pro gigs with actual orders in queue. Most of them rarely receive any orders, and I guess that's the reason why they are bringing some of the TRS into the PRO program. 

As for what changes they will make, I am not entirely sure. The fact that Pro sellers will receive more exposure tells me that either they will have even MORE exposure in the regular gig search, or they might actually feature Pro sellers more on the Fiverr Business platform. Then again, we live in very tough times financially, and AI is taking A LOT of sales from Fiverr, so I expected them to do something that benefits all sellers. But apparently Pro gigs make the most money, so I can see why they are doing that.

We will see what will happen. What I saw is that at least in my category a lot of sellers dropped their prices, so at least for writers things are going pretty bad. 

They are already featuring the Pro sellers first on the Fiverr Business page. At least for translations, the first few gigs are Pro and are in a different box saying those were hand vetted by Fiverr. After that you get the normal results. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

It's important to remember that Pro sellers often have higher rates than "regular" sellers, so a small job queue doesn't necessarily indicate slow business. For instance, I currently have two Pro projects, each expected to span 50 to 60 days, with corresponding budgets.

I'm speculating, of course, but I believe the Fiverr Business will be an important part of this move. Given Fiverr's long-standing efforts to go up-market, the focus on Pro services isn't surprising. That's why I applied for Pro status in the writing category when the shareholder letters began mentioning this strategy. It's a decision I don't regret, especially now as AI begins to dominate the lower end of the market.

As a Pro seller, my higher rates appeal to premium clients - so aligning myself with Fiverr’s strategy made sense. That's why I believe dropping rates is a misguided approach. As a human writer, you can’t compete with AI on speed or cost. The differentiator that matters now is being true professionals with an actual passion for the craft. I believe these are the qualities that will set us apart in the coming months and years. And to be honest, how much time can one dedicate to each client when charging less than the price of a bagel and coffee at Starbucks?

28 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Congrats Leo,  Your welcome kit will arrive shortly. We meet at the Continental Hotel.   

Thanks! 😄 And I do love the reference to one of my favorite movie franchises. 

• Like 23
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Still waiting for my e-mail... did everyone else receive it at the same time?

I haven't received it yet, and was informed through the confirmation email about the acceptance into another subcategory. It was a different email. 

Another thing I'm now speculating on... Could this have something to do with Fiverr aquiring Stoke Talent, rebranding it into "Fiverr Enterprise"? It was in the shareholder letter for Q1. 

• Like 20
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, smashradio said:

Another thing I'm now speculating on... Could this have something to do with Fiverr aquiring Stoke Talent, rebranding it into "Fiverr Enterprise"? It was in the shareholder letter for Q1. 

It can be. It can also have something to do with some very interesting numbers on the quarterly earning report - namely, that more than half the revenue Fiverr made came from orders over $200. This means it may make sense to focus on higher priced services more, and less on the low value gigs, and try to do an aggressive pivot to becoming a more professional platform, targeted directly at businesses.

• Like 21
  • Up 2

2 minutes ago, smashradio said:

I haven't received it yet, and was informed through the confirmation email about the acceptance into another subcategory. It was a different email. 

It does not appear to be geared toward the creatives. Just the code writers. 

https://enterprise.fiverr.com/platform/

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

It does not appear to be geared toward the creatives. Just the code writers. 

https://enterprise.fiverr.com/platform/

I checked out the site and it does use wording like ""One hub for all your non-payroll workers" and I'm not seeing anything about it being exclusive to programmers? There's case studies about marketing projects, too, so I'm not so sure. 

• Like 22
  • Up 1

33 minutes ago, smashradio said:

so a small job queue doesn't necessarily indicate slow business.

I know, but most of those sellers barely had any sales within the past 3 months, that's what I am saying. 

24 minutes ago, smashradio said:

You'll likely be receiving a notification to join an onboarding session where they'll be able to answer all of your questions. 

Keep us posted, I am curious despite not being a Pro seller anyway. 

My guess is, they will revamp the design for Pro and most likely make the Pro gigs easier to reach via Fiverr's main interface. That's what I think, but who knows. 

• Like 18
  • Congrats! 2

Honestly, this to me screems Top Rated Seller being automatically transformed into Pro, so those Pro sellers can easily lower prices if they want and thus generate more impressions and traffic. 

But again, we will see. 

3 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Pro's should at least proofread their gigs, and have no grammar mistakes. This is kinda worrying.

Didn't check his gig yet but if there are issues, that's worrying.

• Like 19
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, smashradio said:

By the way, my SM had this to say: 

You'll likely be receiving a notification to join an onboarding session where they'll be able to answer all of your questions. 

Naturally, she couldn't share more beyond that. 

[hot take] I'd recommend skipping the onboarding sesh if you can manage to. It's going to be you, an SM, and like, 20 other people. It takes forever, and very little of what happens is actually all that useful. [/hot take]

As for the pricing thing, I don't know that I'll ever care to lower my prices, but I would love to see the standardized price thing they've been kicking the tires on actually get implemented, site wide.

• Like 20
  • Confused 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

They should rethink the $100 minimum. Until then, turning a standard gig into a pro gig can be disastrous for some niches.

I am wondering if you have to have a gig with a minimum price of $100 to be automatically vetted for pro.

I noticed that @lalitsdmittal's pro gig minimum price is $200. He is also a level two seller, which appears to negate that this only applies to top-rated sellers.

@lalitsdmittal, was that gig's minimum price $200 before you got the mail?

• Like 19
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, terrygrantvo said:

As for the pricing thing, I don't know that I'll ever care to lower my prices, but I would love to see the standardized price thing they've been kicking the tires on actually get implemented, site wide.

It depends on the niche. I can't see them adding standardized pricing for writers, but for programming it made sense. We will see what they add. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3