Fiverr PRO 2.0

newsmike

Just now, newsmike said:

Unless perhaps we finally get our own site, paywall protected.  Directed traffic from main site based on requirements.  They did say the magic words "more traffic"

I think we've been in agreement on this direction for a while, Mike!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting this email notification, Mike! I've been scratching my head over this one all afternoon, so it's good to get the conversation underway.

alfie-what_orig-122148046.png

Yes, I'm clear I'm dating myself by using this reference! 😀

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Just now, danno1950 said:

Thanks for posting this email notification, Mike! I've been scratching my head over this one all afternoon, so it's good to get the conversation underway about:

alfie-what_orig-122148046.png

Great movie.  Caine at his best.  Perhaps they look to algo matching finally based on buying history and selling price.  If a buyer logs in and their average spend on a VO is $350, no need to even show them any sellers under $275. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

Great movie.  Caine at his best.  Perhaps they look to algo matching finally based on buying history and selling price.  If a buyer logs in and their average spend on a VO is $350, no need to even show them any sellers under $275. 

I agree with all points! Maybe they could even fold in the spectacularly unsuccessful Brief Matching Process to the update.

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1

7 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

My issue is not with the pricing, but with the quality. If we have pro sellers with low quality gigs (bad copy, for example), that makes the entire Pro section look less Pro. This is bad.

This was my main concern when I read that people were getting the Pro badge without any application. I'm afraid that this whole change might be not good for us after all. 

• Like 16
  • Congrats! 1

1 minute ago, veroalana said:

This was my main concern when I read that people were getting the Pro badge without any application. I'm afraid that this whole change might be not good for us after all. 

Yes. Which confirms why @terrygrantvoexpressed feeling nervous about what has just been announced. Let's see the initiative successfully deployed before we cheer about Pro 2.0.

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 1

I was a TRS who received the "You're now a PRO" email without applying to PRO. It was my suggestion to leadership a few weeks ago to implement something in this vein to separate consistency and experience over "PROs" who didn't/don't have real Fiverr experience; only references to outside work. A few of my stats/notables:

• 9 Years on Fiverr
  • 10,000+ Jobs Completed
  • $1.4 million in Fiverr Sales
  • 99% Approval Rating
  • 5-Star Average
  • Chosen to Ring the Bell on the NYSE when Fiverr went Public (You can see me on Mr. Kaufman's LinkedIn banner - far right)
  • Multiple Meetings with Leadership
  • One-on-One Meeting with Mr. Kaufman Next Week

Edited by levinewman
  • Like 20
  • Congrats! 3

Just now, levinewman said:

I was a TRS who received the "You're now a PRO" email without applying to PRO.

Levi, you would be a TRS who I would completely support becoming Pro without applying. If all the upgrades were of your stature - I'd be fine! Glad to have you onboard.

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1

Just now, danno1950 said:

Levi, you would be a TRS who I would completely support becoming Pro without applying. If all the upgrades were of your stature - I'd be fine! Glad to have you onboard.

You're too kind. I'm no better or worse than anyone here. I just keep to myself and do the work. No secret methods. I have no social media. Just hard work.

• Like 18
  • Congrats! 1

Just now, visualstudios said:

In your case, the question is why you were not Pro before. This is not what we're worried about here...

I never applied to be a Pro. My suggestion to them was that Pro didn't really mean anything here because there was no baseline for what "Pro" meant. Putting a Pro up with 1 review versus someone like me with 8,000 created illegitimacy for the site. So, I'm assuming (assuming being the keyword) that this was their decision to make real experience worthy of being Pro and creating more distinction and legitimacy.

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3

2 minutes ago, levinewman said:

It was my suggestion to leadership a few weeks ago to implement something in this vein to separate consistency and experience over "PROs" who didn't/don't have real Fiverr experience; only references to outside work.

I think this is the key, Levi! Somehow separating Pros who don't have an established track record on Fiverr, but rely on outside references. I think when Fiverr was trying to build the Pro ranks, they accepted a lot of people, and they weren't necessarily vetted as carefully as earlier acceptees.

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 1

Just now, levinewman said:

My suggestion to them was that Pro didn't really mean anything here because there was no baseline for what "Pro" meant

But it did mean something - in theory, their work and profile would have to be vetted by Fiverr for quality. I see terrible sellers with thousands of reviews all the time. That is what doesn't mean anything.

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1

But it did mean something - in theory, their work and profile would have to be vetted by Fiverr for quality. I see terrible sellers with thousands of reviews all the time. That is what doesn't mean anything.

Then I don't know what to tell you. You know a thousand people out there in corporate jobs just mailing it in and they look good without doing anything. It's no different anywhere else. They're doing what they can do.

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 1

5 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

But it did mean something - in theory, their work and profile would have to be vetted by Fiverr for quality.

I agree! Early on, Pro was meant to be a very special award, only to the best 1%. Those standards slipped just before the time Fiverr went public on the stock exchange, and needed to show a more professional presence. They flooded the market with new Pros, and it meant a lot less.

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 15
  • Congrats! 1

I have nothing against promoting people to Pro - as long as they are properly vetted, manually. I just posted a gig here that was promoted to Pro. The seller does have reviews. It doesn't look Pro at all. 

As much as I'd like to be biased and say proper English should be the standard, the truth is that English isn't even the first language of probably more than half of the people here. Again, depending on your chosen profession or industry, Pro can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. I'd hire tons of people for tons of jobs even if their English was poor because I trust them to do things I can't do and that has nothing to do with language. It's not as simple as saying "Good English = Professional".

• Like 16
  • Congrats! 1

2 minutes ago, levinewman said:

As much as I'd like to be biased and say proper English should be the standard, the truth is that English isn't even the first language of probably more than half of the people here. Again, depending on your chosen profession or industry, Pro can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. I'd hire tons of people for tons of jobs even if their English was poor because I trust them to do things I can't do and that has nothing to do with language. It's not as simple as saying "Good English = Professional".

That guy claims to also speak French, and Spanish, and Italian. Wanna bet he doesn't? 

Also, presentation is very important. This is a global marketplace. Images should be good. Videos should be good. Copy should be good. Everything should be good on a Pro gig - or it shouldn't be there. Regardless of vertical.

Otherwise, it makes the "Pro" gigs look less appealing, makes the platform look less professional, etc.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 17
  • Congrats! 1

6 minutes ago, levinewman said:

I was a TRS who received the "You're now a PRO" email without applying to PRO. It was my suggestion to leadership a few weeks ago to implement something in this vein to separate consistency and experience over "PROs" who didn't/don't have real Fiverr experience; only references to outside work. A few of my stats/notables:

• 9 Years on Fiverr
  • 10,000+ Jobs Completed
  • $1.4 million in Fiverr Sales
  • 99% Approval Rating
  • 5-Star Average
  • Chosen to Ring the Bell on the NYSE when Fiverr went Public (You can see me on Mr. Kaufman's LinkedIn banner - far right)
  • Multiple Meetings with Leadership
  • One-on-One Meeting with Mr. Kaufman Next Week

Out of interest is there a reason you didn’t just apply to be a pro member? If they are planning on differentiating those who applied to be pro and those who are long standing members who deserve some more recognition then I’m all for it. I will struggle though if (and it seems to be true from mentions in this thread) if people with less than satisfactory profiles suddenly have the same status as people who have proved their abilities in the area they sell. 

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

1 minute ago, visualstudios said:

That guy claims to also speak French, and Spanish, and Italian. Wanna bet he doesn't? 

Also, presentation is very important. This is a global marketplace. Images should be good. Videos should be good. Copy should be good. Everything should be good on a Pro gig - or it shouldn't be there. Regardless of vertical.

Otherwise, it makes the "Pro" gigs look less appealing, makes the platform look less professional, etc.

If you go down the profile there are actually around 20 languages listed. Probably trying to game the algorithm.

• Like 8
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 5

1 minute ago, tanyaosullivan said:

Out of interest is there a reason you didn’t just apply to be a pro member? If they are planning on differentiating those who applied to be pro and those who are long standing members who deserve some more recognition then I’m all for it. I will struggle though if (and it seems to be true from mentions in this thread) if people with less than satisfactory profiles suddenly have the same status as people who have proved their abilities in the area they sell. 

Because I don't have social media. And that was pretty much the only standard limiting successful people from becoming Pros at the time. So I didn't bother. Social media is a hindrance in most cases and has no bearing on the quality of the work or the capabilities of the provider. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, levinewman said:

Because I don't have social media. And that was pretty much the only standard limiting successful people from becoming Pros at the time. So I didn't bother. Social media is a hindrance in most cases and has no bearing on the quality of the work or the capabilities of the provider. 

That’s fair. Seems weird they insisted on that. I can’t actually remember if I had to show anything social media wise to be verified. It should simply be you proving the work you can do.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, levinewman said:

As much as I'd like to be biased and say proper English should be the standard, the truth is that English isn't even the first language of probably more than half of the people here.

But it should be on an English speaking site that wishes to be taken seriously.  Amazon does not say, "Sayve upp to %50 on seelected moovees" just because English is only one of the world's languages. They, however take time to watch details such as spelling and grammar. That is PRO.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 15
  • Up 1

Just now, newsmike said:

But it should be on an English speaking site that wishes to be taken seriously.  Amazon does not say, "Sayve upp to %50 on seelected moovees" just because English is only one of teh world's langiages.  They, however take time to watch details such as spelling and grammar. 

Sure, AMAZON the site does that. And so does Fiverr. I don't know if you've ever shopped on Amazon, but millions of successful products have poorly written content. The world is what it is.

• Like 11
  • Up 1