Help

theratypist

Nice compliments, @theratypist! 😂

Maybe I should respond with a "lol" smile instead of "no, thanks" so that I can also get a compliment on my smile, too!

I'm seeing a lot of the "please give me work" spam (about 2-6 a day now). Is it just me, or is anyone else getting a lot more of this type of spam now?

• Like 6
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, vickieito said:

is anyone else getting a lot more of this type of spam now?

I get it through the briefs a lot now. That and an awful lot of requests for disgusting material. Plenty of people/bots posing as buyers too and sending messages to follow links, etc. 

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I'm seeing a lot of the "please give me work" spam (about 2-6 a day now). Is it just me, or is anyone else getting a lot more of this type of spam now?

I feel like it happens too often now so I can't really tell at this point if there has been an influx or not. 😆

• Like 14
  • Up 1

I am sick and tired of people asking me for work. I just say Hi and then mark them as spam, because that's what it is, unsolicted messaging. I started on my own here, I never disturbed anyone and always worked very hard for every opportunity. Nowadays a lot of people just think others will hand them an opportunity. 

What's funny is that some of these people set their price for collaborating with me evenm before I say Hi. 

Another funny thing is that they say they have a ton of experience writing content, but they have basic grammar mistakes in their message, lol.

• Like 19

I am getting around 20 -30 spam requests a week now.  I agree with @donnovan86 it's getting ridiculous! 

They all seem to have profiles showing their from the US,  with a current time in Africa or Asia. 

Because the spam checker isn't picking all of these up,  I have to reply to them before reporting them so my response rate isn't affected. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I am sick and tired of people asking me for work. I just say Hi and then mark them as spam, because that's what it is, unsolicted messaging.

@donnovan86, don't you want to get a compliment, too, like @theratypist?😍

If we can't stop this type of spam from coming, it'll be nice to at least get something out of it!

35 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I started on my own here, I never disturbed anyone and always worked very hard for every opportunity.

My biggest problem is when I block some of these sellers, they then send me a message on social media or the forum asking why I blocked them and why I can't give them a chance. I just keep blocking them. I have no idea why they think I would want to work with them if they keep spamming me.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4
  • Up 4

13 minutes ago, vickieito said:

My biggest problem is when I block some of these sellers, they then send me a message on social media or the forum asking why I blocked them and why I can't give them a chance. I just keep blocking them. I have no idea why they think I would want to work with them if they keep spamming me.

They are desperate for work. Sometimes desperate people will do desperate things. The problem is that most of the time, if not every time, people that do this usually have little to no work experience and the result is very poor. I never outsource, I even say that on my gig page, but they still contact me. 

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

Maybe I should respond with a "lol" smile instead of "no, thanks" so that I can also get a compliment on my smile, too!

Hahaha I respond kindly if they ask nicely and show genuine intent/ask direction (sometimes if I'm in the mood I give some resources on where to start) but if I get messages like the one above I really respond that way and block. I don't think the block worked this time, as there was a follow up message that went through..... 😂

• Like 13
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, theratypist said:

I don't think the block worked this time, as there was a follow up message that went through..... 😂

That's happened to me several times now! Those follow-up messages always scare me because I'm not expecting them.

I finally put in a ticket for one of the unblockable sellers who has been spamming me for a year. He still didn't have a gig set up but was constantly asking for orders. I would block him (and the system would unblock him later on). CS closed that ticket by shutting down his account.

• Like 14

7 hours ago, vickieito said:

That's happened to me several times now! Those follow-up messages always scare me because I'm not expecting them.

I finally put in a ticket for one of the unblockable sellers who has been spamming me for a year. He still didn't have a gig set up but was constantly asking for orders. I would block him (and the system would unblock him later on). CS closed that ticket by shutting down his account.

I don't think asking for work is a bad thing, if you have a lot of work, you can outsource it to someone for less price. It doesn't seem unfair to offer you here. 😪 If you like it, you can do it, if you don't like it, it's better to ignore it. Enjoy 🤭

• Like 7
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, cr7siuuu said:

I don't think asking for work is a bad thing, if you have a lot of work, you can outsource it to someone for less price. It doesn't seem unfair to offer you here. 😪 If you like it, you can do it, if you don't like it, it's better to ignore it. Enjoy 🤭

Directly contacting other sellers for orders is against the ToS at this point for two separate reasons now (spamming is prohibited, but also, outsourcing can only be done if you change the work up enough (or for example, as an artist outsource some voice acting or similar). You can't just pay someone who does what you do for less and sell it for more money anymore. 

The issue is the frequency. I get several messages like that a day sometimes, which if I don't catch on fast, for all I know, hurts my response rate and potentially my conversion. (technically it doesn't but it does mess with the numbers at least and I hate that.) 

I'm honestly totally for teaming up, but in a different way. Also, most of these sellers, as mentioned above, don't even have actual gigs set up! It's totally different if you see some services on the forum or something (though again, grey area) but asking for work is not supported by the platform itself at the moment. 

That being said nowadays I mostly get scam, but sometimes 5-7 a day on newer gigs! It's been rather weird but I just write 'nope' or 'bye' and block them. 

• Like 10
  • Up 4

You are right too.  If they bothers you too much, you should block or report them.  But if you are not interested in the initial situation, in that case, you should write something like "not interested or something else" and ignore it.  Because I have seen many freshers, who have been in fiverr for 6-7 months, but have not got any job.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, cr7siuuu said:

But if you are not interested in the initial situation, in that case, you should write something like "not interested or something else" and ignore it.

Hi @cr7siuuu,

@katakatica just explained - Fiverr doesn't allow sellers to contact other sellers asking for work. At all. It's against their ToS.

So this isn't a choice of sellers. It's Fiverr saying that you can't do that. If you see in my post above, I was trying to block a seller who was contacting me and Fiverr shut their account down. This means they are banned from ever opening an account with Fiverr again.

So don't contact other sellers asking for work, unless you want Fiverr to shut your account down and ban you from the platform forever.

You may only contact other sellers if you want to purchase their services.

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Fiverr shut their account down

I have already reported a lot of these beggars. I would say that more than half are still online. Including this one from 6 days ago.

The same is happening when I report gigs. Most of what I report is still online. A stunning example from last year was a seller with 2 accounts. He is using a different profile picture, but you can see clearly that it is the same person. In the profile description, both accounts graduated from the same school (same year graduated), they use the same first name, they offer the same services and both of them had a few examples of their work that were identical. Both accounts are still online

image.png.398b41b985dd36a48cdd223ee7f23fd0.png

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

8 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @cr7siuuu,

@katakatica just explained - Fiverr doesn't allow sellers to contact other sellers asking for work. At all. It's against their ToS.

So this isn't a choice of sellers. It's Fiverr saying that you can't do that. If you see in my post above, I was trying to block a seller who was contacting me and Fiverr shut their account down. This means they are banned from ever opening an account with Fiverr again.

So don't contact other sellers asking for work, unless you want Fiverr to shut your account down and ban you from the platform forever.

You may only contact other sellers if you want to purchase their services.

I know it's forbidden. But there is no catch that I have to report or block.  If they bother more, that's a different matter. 😎 My main point is that asking for a job is not a big deal.  Someone wanted, I also wanted, I gave the job. But I didn't want to, I ignored it.  I see no reason to be so serious about it. 🤷‍♂️ Nothing will happen even if I give work to them, or nothing will happen if I don't.  It's not like someone asked me for work, and my order went down because of that.  Hope you understand.😉

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Well, what a surprise!!
When I saw the title I immediately thought "meh, it's just another help me get sales" post, but then I saw @theratypist's name so I had to
click on it. I am VERY glad to be able to say that I haven't gotten much "give me work" messages that much recently, so I feel really bad for
@breals!! Even during my spam prime I got only 10 messages a week.

I love your "LOL" response though, I'm using that from now on!! 😄

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2

4 hours ago, cr7siuuu said:

Nothing will happen even if I give work to them, or nothing will happen if I don't.

Do you not recognize the problem with rewarding those who are breaking the rules of TOS?  I'm sure they won't burn you later on when your delivery sucks. They will only break that first rule. 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, cr7siuuu said:

I know it's forbidden. But there is no catch that I have to report or block

@cr7siuuuYou don't have any gigs, so how would someone ask you for work or to give them any work? Or do you mean you have been doing this?

• Like 7
  • Up 4

4 hours ago, zeus777 said:

Even during my spam prime I got only 10 messages a week.

Finding spam used to be a rarity for me. However, I must be entering my "spam prime" this week as I am getting multiple spam daily. 

I received these after I had logged off of Fiverr for the evening. The next morning I found: ⬇️ 

Screenshot2023-03-02at9_08_37AM.png.086d20dc82ea56512d9af459dd1afe6c.png

Screenshot2023-03-02at9_16_05AM.thumb.png.a8763ea58d857bd239e60aa190b47d0c.png

Screenshot2023-03-02at9_21_49AM.thumb.png.057afc3a8244aeaf98754793baff51dd.png

Did this seller merely copy and paste messages from someplace else on Fiverr? 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 3/1/2023 at 3:25 PM, vickieito said:

I'm always getting them, but more at the moment. Preferably on Sundays. I also got "this type of order" today -_-. At least, support was super quick in cancelling it; of course, the "buyer" wanted a refund, after realizing what they'd done.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

On 3/1/2023 at 7:19 PM, theratypist said:

help.png.6454d1854d8b1d64c468c7f91c868e56.png

Disclaimer: I'm okay! And this is for entertainment purposes only haha 

I think this is hilarious and exhausting as well. I recall receiving a message from a buyer inquiring me to contact him outside of the Fiverr platform. After I reported them, they somehow found a way to contact me through social media, which was incredibly tiring.

• Like 6

On 3/2/2023 at 12:46 PM, cr7siuuu said:

I know it's forbidden. But there is no catch that I have to report or block.  If they bother more, that's a different matter. 😎 My main point is that asking for a job is not a big deal.  Someone wanted, I also wanted, I gave the job. But I didn't want to, I ignored it.  I see no reason to be so serious about it. 🤷‍♂️ Nothing will happen even if I give work to them, or nothing will happen if I don't.  It's not like someone asked me for work, and my order went down because of that.  Hope you understand.😉

Same here. I usually say there's none at the moment and will let them know if any. And they'll never hear from me again.

Some will say they can see orders in queue and I'll say yeah. All being taken care of!

Then I end by wishing them all the best on the journey.

Blocking is always the last option when you become a pain. 

• Like 5