"Somewhat" of a dry-up period and feeling bored, so...

zeus777

Fellow Fiverrians,
I hope you are all doing fine.
So far April has been quite a slow month for me so far, I think I'm going through a semi-dry up period, which is totally fine. Not worried or anything.
It just feels a bit weird when you are not getting that many orders, and that's when you realize that Fiverr is indeed a pretty big/important part of
your everyday life.

What I am trying to say is I'm a biiiiit bored, and I'm having a tough time finding an interesting non-spammy topic here at the forum to respond to,
so I guess I'll start one. Hopefully someone will respond and entertain me for a bit. I found these "random funny/weird questions to ask people when you are bored" online.

1. Why are characters in horror movies so dumb that they always split up even when they’re in trouble?
My answer: I dunno, because horror movies won't be horror movies if all the characters were actually smart!?

2. Who would be a better jailmate, Hannibal Lecter or Ted Bundy?
My answer: I get the feeling as long as you treat him with respect, Dr. Lecter will be...kinda cool with you. I think. By the way I am totally fine with both the Anthony Hopkins Lecter and the Mads Mikkelsen Lecter. I like their voices and accents.

3. Could you date someone that’s just a hotter version of you?
My answer: OK, um, so I'm guessing someone that is a hotter version of me, and is the opposite s*x?
Suuuuuuuuure, I wanna see what the hotter version of me looks like!

So, I'm guessing this was your pending post because of question #2...

Anway, I'll play, just because you're bored, though!

1. Why are characters in horror movies so dumb that they always split up even when they’re in trouble?
My answer: They are Fiverr sellers, splitting up is the way.

My answer: Umm... I'll take the fictional character if I have to choose.

My answer: ... Don't know if I'd be attracted to a hotter version of me; if yes, sure, why not, we should get along splendidly. I think. Or maybe not? Yeah, no idea. 🤔

Lazy writing. Or underpaid writers.

Hannibal Lecter sounds more interesting. I'd probably end up dead either way, though.

Hotter is fine, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to handle another me.

Too many referrences to questionable subjects. All the wrong words to pass as casual boredom rant. You touch on subjects like death, sex, crime, terror and think they are boring. That is why it stalled in the approval stage. You should have been more cautious on your subject matter. I'm kinda surprised it passed the approval.

1. It is the script writers intention.

2. Neither

3. No

So, to me the real horror part is the stupidity of characters. Looking at them splitting up you will realize the idiocy of mankind, then fall into a dark abyss of consciousness.  

Definitely Dr. Lecter. Great taste, could entertain you until you die. 

I'm the hottest version of me! 

Nah, I'd end up staring at them asking myself if they are a clone or something like that. Not the best date, for sure

Awe, thank you everyone for responding!
(and yes, I guess it was the second question that got me "flagged"....um, OK...)

It looks like we all agree that Dr. Lecter is the better (!?) choice, and I agree, I think he will entertain me until the moment I cross the rainbow bridge.
OR he might let me live, who knows.

7 hours ago, alphagev said:

So, to me the real horror part is the stupidity of characters.

The quote of the day.

So I guess my question is, was there ever a horror movie where there WAS a smart character in the group?

On 4/13/2022 at 8:47 AM, zeus777 said:

I get the feeling as long as you treat him with respect, Dr. Lecter will be...kinda cool with you.

I think you could keep planning on killing Ted Bundy with Hannibal as your helper.  Buys you some time, in a psycho kinda way.

6 hours ago, zeus777 said:

So I guess my question is, was there ever a horror movie where there WAS a smart character in the group?

Hmmm. Can't come up with a name at the moment but I believe that if there was a smart character they wouldn't join the group, so technically, they wouldn't be part of the movie 🤣

Anyway, zeus, after reading the manga years ago I'm watching Thermae Romae Novae and I'm loving the last part of the episodes where Mari Yamazaki goes to different onsen. Would you give a chance to the anime?

On 4/13/2022 at 9:47 PM, zeus777 said:

So far April has been quite a slow month for me so far, I think I'm going through a semi-dry up period, which is totally fine. Not worried or anything.
It just feels a bit weird when you are not getting that many orders, and that's when you realize that Fiverr is indeed a pretty big/important part of
your everyday life.

I have been using promotion feature for times like this. I had to spend whooping 1$ per click sometimes. Better than none. 🤷‍♂️🤪 For price and click ratio it may not worth for some people.

It could be accurate to real life reaction. When people stressed, pressured and frightened I assume they aren't in most bright state in their mind.  I would be first character that dies by screaming and running around. 😛

I would choose Hannibal Lecter. At least he wouldn't murder while knowing he can't get away with it. I assume there is plenty of guards and cameras there. Without cooking utensils at least 🤔 Ted Bundy being real and did even more horrible crimes than fictional character feels even worse. 

Never, It would be most boring date ever. 😛 

18 hours ago, alphagev said:

I'm watching Thermae Romae

I read the manga, watched the first live action movie, but haven't checked the anime yet. I did enjoy the manga lot, I might see the anime soon!  😄

7 hours ago, gongor32 said:

It would be most boring date ever.

I'm pretty sure you're not boring!! 😅

On 4/14/2022 at 11:06 PM, timothykoen said:

All the wrong words to pass as casual boredom rant.

I have to say, it's quite amazing for me personally how people look at things differently. I spoke about a horror movie which I think is harmless, a "what -if" situation which will never happen, and used the word "s*x" to refer to a gender. ( I should have used the word gender though, that I admit!) To me it was all silly innocent fun, but I'll be a tad more careful in the future...but considering my poor memory, I might make a similar mistake again.  Hopefully not though.

I did get 2 orders after posting this, so I'll be a bit busy this weekend.
I hope you all have a good weekend too 😄 

11 hours ago, zeus777 said:

but I'll be a tad more careful in the future...but considering my poor memory, I might make a similar mistake again.  Hopefully not though.

I did get 2 orders after posting this

Oh-oh, this might have been a mistake in judging how differently people take things again already! 😉

I hope it's nice orders, especially if you're doing them over the weekend. 🙂

2 hours ago, miiila said:

Oh-oh, this might have been a mistake in judging how differently people take things again already! 😉

I hope it's nice orders, especially if you're doing them over the weekend. 🙂

Darn, as much as I try to learn from past mistakes, sadly I am lacking a good amount of brain cells..so, yeah...well, ahem, wish me luck 😖
As for my 2 orders, they were simple and easy so I got them finished right away.
I just got a fairly large order a while ago, that should keep me busy for the next few days.

On a completely different topic, I am flying to the states next month, and I used my mileage so fly business class!
This is going to be amaaaaaaaziiiiiiiiiing.

On 4/13/2022 at 2:47 PM, zeus777 said:

My answer: I dunno, because horror movies won't be horror movies if all the characters were actually smart!?

I think horror movies will still be horror movies if there were smart characters. The writers just need to put the extra effort in writing the plot that fits those characters. 

On 4/13/2022 at 2:47 PM, zeus777 said:

My answer: OK, um, so I'm guessing someone that is a hotter version of me, and is the opposite s*x?

I would do this

8 hours ago, alphagev said:

Then you can join Lucius Modestus on a trip before heading for the States 😄

I'd love to meet the guy and get his autograph...oh wait, I can bring those stone tablets with me and he can carve his name onto it 😄 

3 hours ago, barrisam said:

The writers just need to put the extra effort

There's gotta be plenty of talented writers out there who can do this. Gosh, where are they!?
I'd personally would like to see a horror movie about a group of smart high school/college students from the karate (or any martial art) club getting trapped inside a haunted mansion with a crazy person lurking in the dark. They can all get out alive while making all the RIGHT decisions and fighting back rather than just scream and run around. 

Oh wait, that sounds more like a comedy-horror?

1. Why are characters in horror movies so dumb that they always split up even when they’re in trouble?

It's just not a well thought out script. But if the characters weren't so stupid, I wouldn't laugh at such stupid stories.

2. Who would be a better jailmate, Hannibal Lecter or Ted Bundy?

I think Hanibal Lector is better. I could ask him what people taste like.😂

3.Could you date someone that’s just a hotter version of you?

I wouldn't want to date the best version of myself, but it's a pretty interesting idea. I have a similar version of me and this is my twin sister.

14 hours ago, zeus777 said:

I'd personally would like to see a horror movie about a group of smart high school/college students from the karate (or any martial art) club getting trapped inside a haunted mansion with a crazy person lurking in the dark. They can all get out alive while making all the RIGHT decisions and fighting back rather than just scream and run around

I'd like to see this too. I'll like to see them pushing back and giving the evil guy a run for his money. Even if they die, it should be an honourable death (death not caused by a stupid mistake). 

On 4/13/2022 at 3:47 PM, zeus777 said:

I never understood it either! I guess other than plot reasons (someone has to... ya know, pass on), it's maybe easier to show more of their personalities/etc. on screen if there's less of them at the same place?

(alternatively, people are dumb and they really think it'd be the best course of action.)

On 4/13/2022 at 3:47 PM, zeus777 said:

I- am quite unsure. If I HAD to choose... no, neither, honestly. (I was going to say I'd go for Lecter but... can't we just put them together in a cell instead?)

3. Maybe? I feel like if it was a personality sameness (and they are just hotter looks-wise) I'd be down for it, but if we were completely identical I'd be more freaked out than interested. 

On 4/17/2022 at 3:38 PM, avgustinashoshu said:

1. Why are characters in horror movies so dumb that they always split up even when they’re in trouble?

I remember when me & my friend gone for camp in the fort side of India, it was 8 pm when me any my friend collecting wood for the bonfire, we both come little far from our camp when we hear strange noise, me & my friend look each other and run toward camp as far as we can. the noise was coming from the opposite direction of the comp, so this is a normal reflex of any human being but you never find this in movies,

the protagonist of the movies always walk toward the problem + they use their extra mind to slit and search, it's like they want to help ghost or whatever it is, at the moment they definitely lose the common sense

On 4/13/2022 at 4:47 PM, zeus777 said:

Fellow Fiverrians,
I hope you are all doing fine.
your everyday life.

What I am trying to say is I'm a biiiiit bored, and I'm having a tough time finding an interesting non-spammy topic here at the forum to respond to,
so I guess I'll start one. Hopefully someone will respond and entertain me for a bit. I found these "random funny/weird questions to ask people when you are bored" online.

My answer: I get the feeling as long as you treat him with respect, Dr. Lecter will be...kinda cool with you. I think. By the way I am totally fine with both the Anthony Hopkins Lecter and the Mads Mikkelsen Lecter. I like their voices and accents.

Even alien series did that. And they were so called scientists. I recommend Conjuring series, in those, victims are usually just happy cute family, so there are no questions about intellect levels, plus the enemy is a spectral being, running around is mostly useless.

Team Hannibal. 

I believe i wouldnt have a great time with someone as the same character as me. I need someone different. But, if its only a concern of looks, sure, considering its the opposite s*x. 

Archived