Forum is so dead lately...

newsmike

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to add this though. The spamming is mostly caused by

1. The attention seekers: this set of people made me lose interest in the 5r forum for a whole month. Why on earth would you just come online and spout the same thing another user just typed. Like WHY?

2. The reaction users: they tend to react to every said details on the platform. I may count myself as one because from my part of the world here in Nigeria (we are imbibed to appreciate, no matter the weight)

Although, there are some people who would just keep striking the love emoji on every content they come across (regardless of what is written. I aint one these though). Like why would you give a love reaction to someone else's complaint.

3 hours ago, jonbaas said:

had 447 more notifications

Dang, I think the biggest number I had was 60-something.
I'm not disappointed that I'm waaaaaaay behind you, Jon!! 😅

If someone was liking all my comments I'd be flattered up to a certain point, but 800? 477? That's crazy.
If that person/people were actually READING every comment, take them to heart and then clicking on it, sure, OK, fine. 
But if it just clicking for the sake of...well, clicking that's just dumb and a waste of time.

37 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

I'm not disappointed that I'm waaaaaaay behind you, Jon!! 😅

I can slow down a bit, if you'd like. 😛

38 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

If someone was liking all my comments I'd be flattered up to a certain point, but 800? 477? That's crazy.

Indeed. I will say, though, signing in and seeing 800+ notifications staring me in the face, after only 12 hours, did cause my jaw to hit the floor. I certainly wasn't expecting that, especially when I'm usually in the 20-50 realm every time I check the forum.

42 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

If that person/people were actually READING every comment, take them to heart and then clicking on it, sure, OK, fine. 
But if it just clicking for the sake of...well, clicking that's just dumb and a waste of time.

Amen to that. 

2 minutes ago, priyab468 said:

see the forum user that was being particularly rude yesterday is back.

Because apparently you can be rude, sexist, misogynistic, hate women and call them b… but the forum shepherds still will decide that they have to lift his ban because “poor man”…

Its not the first time for that user though, he was rude and insulted others last year too 

28 minutes ago, priyab468 said:

I see the forum user that was being particularly rude yesterday is back

I saw him too, in fact he said @jonbaas's response was "stupid."

Wow, he calls someone a b*tch yesterday, and now stupid??
I read Jon's response and personally I thought it was funny and I liked it, I guess that guy doesn't understand jokes.

It's been kind of quiet - I know for myself that I got super busy sometime back in January and it just never died down (probably the time to raise prices...!) THAT, with commuting basically weekly has been draining my brain - so I can't even come up with fun topics. I hope things will go back to normal-ish once people realise that spamming doesn't help...

(but, I'll drop this here - 'Nobody Saves the World is actually a pretty good game from what it seems like after playing for a bit. I'm technically conducting research while playing (so it counts as 'work-time') and have been looking at bigger/smaller games when I have a little bit of time to exist.)

On 2/5/2022 at 10:20 PM, newsmike said:

I try to but have not slept in 63 days in order to be online always. 

Congress

I remember yesterday I corrected a dude who keeps saying "Congress" instead of "congrats" or "congratulations". I've seen him with that reply couple of times around the forum and I'm so sick of it 🙂

9 hours ago, kevindwren said:

I remember yesterday I corrected a dude who keeps saying "Congress" instead of "congrats" or "congratulations". I've seen him with that reply couple of times around the forum and I'm so sick of it 🙂

We also use the term "conga rats" to poke fun at them. 

Costco

Archived