Top 2 reasons why you don't have orders! πŸ’”

gina_riley2

1 minute ago, vickiespencer said:

When you have been active on the Fiverr forum as long as I have it seems like most sellers who post; ⬇️

On top of that, many of the Forum regulars have repeatedly given of our time and knowledge and users here merely ignore us. I know, because just today I checked on 4 of those I have offered advice to in the past and their gigs have not changed at all. Therefore, they continue to have little or no sales. I know of what I am speaking when I give advice. I use my own experience, that which I have learned from the Forum and from attending many Fiverr webinars only offered to Seller Plus members.Β 

@mariashtelle1 offered you some sound advice in that you offer services in so many niches, it may look to a prospective buyer like you are merely dabbling in a lot of areas and are not an expert in any of them.

That being said I did go look at you gigs. I have some good advice to give you, but only if you will not pasha me like you did @mariashtelle1.Β 

As a non native English speaker, I don't entirely understand the meaning of "pasha me", but If understand correctly, no, I'll not ignore you.
And I didn't entirely tried to ignore the other user. I'm actually working right now in reconstruct my entire profile, tonight. I'm working right now on new cover images and thinking if I really should erase those photography editing gigs.
I want to reconstruct my gigs tonight, so any advice will be well received.
Thanks!

• Like 78
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, maitasun said:

The thing is that I had to place a ticket.

I tried using the flagging system and clearly it didn't work so I used the ticket too.

I sent them screen shots, even the file with the terrible machine-translation which was given to me by the seller who ended up with that garbage. One CS staff told me that "due to the dramatic increase of new members from last year we are being slow with taking action etc..." but I sent multiple proof AND waited 5 months, so I guess for them it was too much trouble to actually open the file and have someone check it.
If it was a copied image or description, it IS quite obvious and doesn't take time. If it's poor translation you do need to have someone with the proper skills actually sit down and check it.
I was told that CS has the means to check whetherΒ  a translation is decent or not.
Well, maybe not anymore.  I wonder how many more buyers are gonna have their money stolen before this seller is finally banned. 😡

• Like 79
  • Sad 1

On 10/2/2021 at 1:34 PM, nishi_ahmed said:

Please visit my profile and tell me what part of my profile suck?

Hey, @nishi_ahmed I already did that two days ago. 😱 And I just looked at your profile and you have not instituted my advice, so why would anyone want to give you more advice! 🀨 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 82
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2

On 10/2/2021 at 6:25 PM, jayjayros said:

An impression is the amount of views your gig had. If you have an impression means that you gig was seen one time.

Please check your information first. But anyway, I attached here a screenshot from fiverr help page. Impressions are not how many times your gig was viewed, amount of times your gig was shown in search etc.Β 

How often Fiverr shows your gig depends of a lot of factors. How well you did the development of your gig (the tags you place at your gig when you are creating it,

Gig tags has nothing to do with impressions. They help connecting your gig with right buyers but tags by themselves don’t affect your gig ranking or impressions.Β 

the performance of your profile and gig (response time, cancelled orders),

So you basically repeated what I said? By the way that’s not the only metrics. There are way more metrics to measure your performance than the ones that you can see.Β 

When you are searching a gig, you can select to show only "ONLINE SELLERS"

I feel we are really going in circles. If you are curious how often buyer choose β€œonline” filter please ask @gina_riley2Β how often she as a buyer choose online filter and only online sellers. We already discussed it in this topic.Β 

But don't lie to people saying that staying online has nothing to do with impressions.

It looks like you know better.m and I guess you are staying online if you believe that. How are your sales going so far? Did staying online help you personally? If not then it’s better to get the experience first and then see what exactly worked for you.Β 

Ufff. That makes no sense at all.

Wow. Look, I will not be engaging with you anymore. It seems that you only want to argue. I even have you the advice that you asked about your profile but it still seems you believe that you are the only person who is right so if you think you are doing everything g right and staying online is the best thing then I wouldn’t try to reassure you.Β 
You can believe what you want to believe and we will see if that works for you with getting steady orders. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈΒ 
Good luck.Β 

1AFBACC8-938C-4CBC-BA8A-27DCF2C3ECA5.jpeg

Β 

• Like 83
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, developer_laju said:

here is tips to get order

Β 

Take 15 steps for your success.

1. Write a good title.Β 

Where did you see that @gina_riley2 asked for tips on how to get orders? You are not showing yourself in a good light. You are just showing that you can not read or don’t understand what the topic is about.Β 

• Like 70
  • Haha 10

@gina_riley2, perhaps there would have been less confusion if the title was "Top 2 Reasons Why I and Many Other Buyers Will Never Buy From You".

With the current title, it can be seen as if a seller was giving tips to sellers.

And the rest of the first post could perhaps go like this...

"Why I'm not going to buy from you?

1. Because your profile sucks.

2. See #1.

That's it, plain & simple.Β πŸ’•

And by profile I mean all of it: profile description, profile photo, gigs (descriptions, images, portfolio)...

The following won't make me buy from you:

* Staying online

* Buyer's request

* Posting/crying/begging on forum"

Just an idea... 😸

• Like 75

6 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Please check your information first. But anyway, I attached here a screenshot from fiverr help page. Impressions are not how many times your gig was viewed but I said before amount of times your gig was shown in search etc.Β 

It is exactly what I'm saying. It's exactly what I said.
An impression is the amount of times a gig was seen in the search results, it's the amount of views your gig has. Your gig appeared, was shown, was seen in the search results, it counts as an impression. Maybe I'm getting lost in translation. I don't know.

That doesn't mean somebody clicked on your gig, just saw it and kept scrolling.Β 
Β 

I feel we are really going in circles. If you are curious how often buyer choose β€œonline” filter please ask @gina_riley2Β how often she as a buyer choose online filter and only online sellers. We already discussed it in this topic.Β 

Just because she, and probably you, doesn't look for "online sellers", doesn't mean other people don't. I know my opinion doesn't count because I'm new, I've only had one sale, but that person literary send me a message at 11:59 PM asking me "are you still online, I'm interested in your gig". He told me he found me by the "online sellers" option.Β 

I know I'm not a success example, only one sale, wiii. But, most of myΒ acquaintances from Latin America who are starting on Fiverr have been contacted at midnight. Why? Maybe because the clients are on the other side of the world, maybe because clients are on New York, with 3 to 4 hours of difference. But they have been contacted because they were "online". It's probably an issue will have to face for the country we live.
That's why I mentioned before that it would be useful if there were much, much more clients/buyers in Latin America. US is so big that they occupy like six different time schedules, it could be 10:00PM there when here is already 1:00AM. And there are so many clients in Europa and Russia.

So, if being "online" is working for us, here in Latin America, to get midnight "Are you still online?" messages, I would recommend to new users to be online in the app. I don't care if I don't sleep the first years on Fiverr if that gets me a successful profile. (I mean, I'm sleeping, I'm not getting more orders anyway).
Β 

Did staying online help you personally?Β 

Yes, as I already mentioned. Probably, there's no difference between one 5-stars review and zero 5-stars review. But I would have zero if it wasn't because I stayed online.
Β 

Wow. Look, I will not be engaging with you anymore. It seems that you only want to argue. I even have you the advice that you asked about your profile

Thank you.Β I'm revamping my whole profile with all the tips people have shared with me and also on the "tip for buyers" forum. It's going to take me a few days, but I'm definitely listening to.

Β 

7 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

It still seems you believe that you are the only person who is right so if you think you are doing everything g right and staying online is the best thing then I wouldn’t try to reassure you.Β 

Telling people over and over again "it doesn't matter if you stay online or not", just because you and OP don't care about that search option, seems like "you're believing that you are the only person who is right". You don't search by online sellers, but other people do.

I never wanted to sound rude. I just wanted to make clear a point, but I totally understand you won't be reading or answering this post. It's ok. I'm just writing this for the people who will subscribe to Fiverr and will be searching "does being online helps me". Yes people, it depends on your gig, your time zone, but it might help you to get started.Β 

Being online has helped us, the new user from Latin America who are just discovering the platform. Somehow, people like to contact us at midnight, because they see we are online.

It won't matter anyway if your profile and gig actually "sucks".

• Like 70

1 hour ago, jayjayros said:

It is exactly what I'm saying. It's exactly what I said.
An impression is the amount of times a gig was seen in the search results, it's the amount of views your gig has. Your gig appeared, was shown, was seen in the search results, it counts as an impression. Maybe I'm getting lost in translation. I don't know.

That doesn't mean somebody clicked on your gig, just saw it and kept scrolling.Β 

No, an impression is not the amount of views your gig has. It is the amount of times it is shown in the search results when a buyer does a search. @mariashtelle1 is correct. See the attached from the Fiverr help page: ⬇️

654163808_ScreenShot2021-10-03at12_50_55PM.thumb.png.29043b633b7ad33ee829915e7ebe69bf.png

A view is what happens after a buyer clicks your gig and looks at it.
So, yes it seems maybe things are getting lost in translation, which makes me wonder if you should offer translation as a service? πŸ€” I am sorry if my honesty offends you. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Just because she, and probably you, doesn't look for "online sellers", doesn't mean other people don't.

Yes, I have had buyers who contact me because I happen to be online. However.of the 2500+ orders I have completed that has happened only 2 or 3 times. Plus, it never happened when I was a new seller. It only happened in the past 6 months.Β 

But, most of myΒ acquaintances from Latin America who are starting on Fiverr have been contacted at midnight. Why? Maybe because the clients are on the other side of the world,

I have many sellers from the other side of the world. They know I am asleep when they are awake so they leave messages for me or order directly. If you gigs are set up so it is easy for the buyer to order without any questions that happens.

It's probably an issue will have to face for the country we live.

I do not understand your logic here? All of us are on the other side of the world from somebody. You being in Mexico should be an advantage as most buyers are from the US and your timezone is similar to that of the US.

Yes people, it depends on your gig, your time zone, but it might help you to get started.Β 

The key word here is MIGHT. I never stayed on Fiverr for more than 12- 14 hours when I was a new seller. Yet, I quickly rose to become a level 2 and eventually a TRS. Aso, you have been on Fiverr since August and I assume you have been doing the around the clock thing, yet in all of that time you have one order. πŸ€” It seems to me you are not proving your point, but you are proving the point of most experienced sellers.

However, I do understand your desperation pessimism about not being on line around the clock. You do what works for you and I will do what works for me and stop being concerned about those who lose sleep to be successful on Fiverr.

It won't matter anyway if your profile and gig actually "sucks".

And sadly more gigs and profiles are bad for a variety of reasons.

Some have poor skills in English expression. Maybe they could use Google translate, but that program 'sucks.' I communicate with an Italian cousin through it and often we have to reexplain ourselves because we could not understand each other. Plus, buyers have sent me Google translated documents. They are a nightmare to proofread because much is lost in the translation.

Some have terrible gig images. Why do some sellers thing that  more bright gaudy gig images with the most words possible crammed in the image is the way to go! 😱

Some price themselves out of business because they think if a level 1, 2, TRS or PRO can get higher prices why can't they? I have said it before, when I was a newbie I sold for $5 what I now sell for $50. Some buyers look for level 0 sellers as @gina_riley2 said, sometimes their are diamonds there and the buyer gets a good deal.

Β 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 73
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

My thought on staying online:

Only say you are online, when you genuinely are online.

What @vickiespencer
and @mariashtelle1
are saying is that if you pretend to be online while sleeping so you can appear on the search and a buyer messages you - then what?Β 

@jayjayros
you answered your buyer because you were awake and actually online when that message came through.

I've messaged people that appeared online but received no response until the next day (in my timezone). Were they really online? Doubtful. I was in a hurry for once (which rarely happens), and ended up ordering from the seller that responded right away.

After being on the forum for years, the advice you read from newbies are to stay online 24/7.

Edited by gina_riley2
Grammar correction
  • Like 66

On 10/3/2021 at 2:37 PM, gina_riley2 said:

My thought on staying online:

Only say you are online, when you genuinely are online.

What @vickiespencer
and @mariashtelle1
are saying is that if you pretend to be online while sleeping so you can appear on the search and a buyer messages you - then what?Β 

@jayjayros
you answered your buyer because you were awake and actually online when that message came through.

I've messaged people that appeared online but received no response until the next day (in my timezone). Were they really online? Doubtful. I was in a hurry for once (which rarely happens), and ended up ordering from the seller that responded right away.

After being on the forum for years, the advice you read from newbies are to stay online 24/7.

I answered because the iPhone vibrated that night. You can β€œfocus” the iPhone to only vibrate at night with the apps you select.

As I said before, I don't worry about not sleeping if that helps me to build a great profile. I'm a full-time unemployed. So, if the iPhone vibrates at midnight, I'll answer since I know it's Fiverr. So, I'm online 24/7. I can go back to sleep if is a scammer the one sending a message.

But I totally understand your point. A lot of people just keep their app online 24/7 and leave. And they won't probably answer till the next day.

By the way, I didn't read that advice from a user or a YouTuber. The Fiverr app literally says, β€œPotential buyers will see that you're online, which can help convince them to buy your Gig on the spot. You'll remain online for as long as the app is open”.

That's the reasonΒ I planted that idea in my mind and now it has grown and has roots. Because as a new seller, I downloaded the app, and one of the first thing I read was that. So, if you are wondering β€œwhy new sellers have such a stupid idea”, well, Fiverr is the one to blame.

• Like 69

4 hours ago, jayjayros said:

For some reason, my comments now need to be approved by a moderator.

I understand when people don't want me. So, thank you for all the info shared here.

Me too, yesterday - it's nothing personal. Annoying yes, but not personal. Keywords (which we have no idea what they are or why) are flagging up posts for moderation. So no need to leave!Β Β 

• Like 69

8 hours ago, jayjayros said:

my comments now need to be approved by a moderator.

I see your post now, everytime a mention of onlYn and 24-7 (is put together) it will immediately go through m o d eration. Also mentioning the word m o d .

8 hours ago, jayjayros said:

That's the reasonΒ I planted that idea in my mind and now it has grown and has roots. Because as a new seller, I downloaded the app, and one of the first thing I read was that. So, if you are wondering β€œwhy new sellers have such a stupid idea”, well, Fiverr is the one to blame.

Your explanation of being online makes sense. That is technically the proper way of being "online". Use the app, if you get a notification then respond when you can. Its just that, if you read enough through the forum a lot of the people who mean being online is facing in front of the computer the whole time and tinkering around Fiverr, using an auto-refresher (to show they are always online) which using such browser extension is NOT allowed. There's a lot of misunderstanding on that online tip, but the general notion for most people is what I've just explained. Sure you can make the most you can of the opportunity to get a sale through being online as how you've explained your method, that is understandable. But there are definitely other methods with higher returns to get a sale - marketing, etc. Instead of waiting for people to come to your gig, bring your gig to them. Of course there is not one fits all tip, it will be a matter of what method of getting a sale will help you out the most to get a steady profile. Its a tough world and everyone is trying to make it. As you mentioned you are full time unemployed, I am guessing Fiverr isn't your only source of income because that isn't the best idea to do anyway especially when you're just starting out on the platform.

• Like 77
  • Up 1

On 10/2/2021 at 8:50 PM, visualstudios said:

Ahahah, you wish. English is super easy, there's a good reason it's the most widely spoken as a second language.Β 

Now you are just being rude. The reason English is the most spoken second language is because the Britons were the most successful conquerers during the age of discovery. In other words there are more English speaking people than any other language is because it was spread around the globe more than any other language in history. And because of that today's English is the most widely misspoken language in the world.

BTW: the expression you wanted is Hahaha not Ahahah.

• Like 70

Nope. It's because of the US cultural influence and because it's super easy to learn as a second language. English is very regular, words are genderless, verb tenses are extremely limited, it's phonetically easier than a lot of other languages, the writing system is simple (no accents on words, for example), etc.

Britons, the most successful conquerors during the age of discovery? ahahahah (laughs in Portuguese).

• Like 70

The British Empire was the most successful conqueror during discovery??? 😳

Don't want to be rude, but I think someone needs to go back to his World-History books... πŸ™„

Spain was knows as "The Empire where the sun never set", alluding to the amount of colonies it had all around the world.

You owe me nothing. The lesson was free of charge. πŸ˜‰

Edited by maitasun
  • Like 66
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, timothykoen said:

BTW: the expression you wanted is Hahaha not Ahahah.

I beg to differ. Different people laugh in different ways. There are people who do make the hahaha when they laugh, but there are also people who start their laugh with the Ah sound first as in Ahahaha. As a proofreaderΒ  and English teacher for 40 plus years I have found that there is no one way to write some onomatopeias ( he process of creating a word that phonetically imitates, resembles, or suggests the sound that it describes) in English.Β 

I found this interesting paragraph about writing the sound for laughter. 1626876052_ScreenShot2021-10-08at10_37_47AM.thumb.png.a6509d2e28def4a2900a4ac290b78378.png⬇️

• Like 74

2 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Spain still got swindled out of Brasil in the treaty of Tordesilhas. Portugal won the discoveries (and also aljubarrota).

Well, yeah, you know, sh*t happens...Β πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ˜…

• Like 68
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:

It's because of the US cultural influence and because it's super easy to learn as a second language.

I used to work with language schools 15-20 years ago and the success rates with English specifically were pretty spectacular (and that’s with people who were mostly unfamiliar with Latin alphabet before they started). Getting rid of the iron curtain and putting McDonalds all over the place helped, of course.Β 

Β 

• Like 72