Top 2 reasons why you don't have orders! 💔

gina_riley2

16 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

I've been making a point of bookmarking so much of what you link to. Thank you for trying to make this space usable.

• Like 69
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 5

On 10/8/2021 at 12:00 PM, visualstudios said:

Nope. It's because of the US cultural influence and because it's super easy to learn as a second language. English is very regular, words are genderless, verb tenses are extremely limited, it's phonetically easier than a lot of other languages, the writing system is simple (no accents on words, for example), etc.

Britons, the most successful conquerors during the age of discovery? ahahahah (laughs in Portuguese).

Yup, The English won WW1 and WW2, the Boer wars, and many other wars, colonized America, Australia, Canada, and others. That's how the language spread. You may think English is easy to learn but it is confusing for all to understand. There are a hundreds of English accents. And hundreds of ways to misspeak the language. Not because of U.S. cultural influence. Most English speaking countries already existed before U.S. spread influence around the globe. 

Hahaha is in the dictionary while ahahahah is not. You have confused Portugese with English.

Edited by timothykoen
spelling
  • Like 67
  • Confused 5
  • Thanks 2

On 9/29/2021 at 10:49 PM, gina_riley2 said:

Why am I not getting orders? 😔

Because some of the seller they don't know what is fiverr and how it's work. They just heard form others that from fiverr peoples earning money. They just open account and after half hour they will post in a group...

I open my account on fiverr it's been half hour but I didn't receive any order. LOL🤪

• Like 64
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 2

On 10/8/2021 at 12:29 PM, maitasun said:

The British Empire was the most successful conqueror during discovery??? 😳

Don't want to be rude, but I think someone needs to go back to his World-History books... 🙄

Spain was knows as "The Empire where the sun never set", alluding to the amount of colonies it had all around the world.

You owe me nothing. The lesson was free of charge. 😉

History lesson from Wikipedia:

"The phrase "the empire on which the sun never sets" (Spanish: el imperio donde nunca se pone el sol) was used to describe certain global empires that were so extensive that it seemed that at least one part of their territory was always in daylight.

It was originally used for the Empire of Charles V, who, as Duke of Burgundy, King of Spain, Archduke of Austria, and Holy Roman Emperor, attempted to build a universal monarchy.[1][page needed][2][3] The term was then used for the Spanish Empire of Philip II of Spain and successors when the empire reached a global territorial size, particularly in the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries.[4][5] It was used for the British Empire, mainly in the 19th and early 20th centuries, a period in which the British Empire reached a global territorial size. In the 20th century, the phrase has sometimes been adapted to refer to the global reach of American power."

I stand corrected. The Spanish were the most successful conquerers during the age of discovery. Untill it was overtaken by the British empire.

I'm confused, seems you misquoted the phrase "The Empire where the sun never set". And makes my point. English is confusing. I didn't say English was hard to learn, I said it was confusing to understand. Even Fiverr disclaims it's English translations to be "the best possible and no substitute for human speech" Why do you suppose that is?

• Like 66
  • Thanks 3

On 10/8/2021 at 12:29 PM, maitasun said:

The British Empire was the most successful conqueror during discovery??? 😳

Don't want to be rude, but I think someone needs to go back to his World-History books... 🙄

Spain was knows as "The Empire where the sun never set", alluding to the amount of colonies it had all around the world.

You owe me nothing. The lesson was free of charge. 😉

Oops, sorry for the duplicates. I didn't know my entry was bieng duplicated everytime I saved it. Sorry about that. Now I know why people use fake profile images.

Edited by timothykoen
duplicate, sorry about that
  • Like 64
  • Confused 1
  • Up 3

13 hours ago, justalihaider said:

Because some of the seller they don't know what is fiverr and how it's work. They just heard form others that from fiverr peoples earning money. They just open account and after half hour they will post in a group...

I open my account on fiverr it's been half hour but I didn't receive any order. LOL🤪

I have created my account after 3 month research 

• Like 61
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, timothykoen said:

I'm confused, seems you misquoted the phrase "The Empire where the sun never set".

I don't need to copy or quote from Wikipedia things I learnt at school.

And just to let you know... Quotation marks are not only used to provide verbatim quotes. Among others, they're also used to identify terms or expressions, which aren't the writer's own, within the text.

4 hours ago, timothykoen said:

And makes my point. English is confusing. I didn't say English was hard to learn, I said it was confusing to understand.

No, it doesn't make your point. It only proves you don't understand your own language, or didn't learn it correctly. "Where" and "in/on which" are synonyms.

If you find English confusing, wait till you try to learn Japanese or Russian or German, just to mention a few.

@timothykoen wrote:

I'm a native English speaker in fact it is my only language. Thanks to Amazon Translate, now we can all communicate with each other in (so-called) English. Note that English is the most confusing language of them all. 

How can you possible assert English is "the most confusing language" of all languages when you acknowledge you only speak your own? 🙄🤦‍♀️

@timothykoen wrote:

... because the Britons were the most successful conquerers during the age of discovery.

The Spanish were the most successful conquerers during the age of discovery.

Twice you have misspelled the word. It's not "conquerErs", it's "conquerOrs", with an "o".

So, instead of putting so much effort into telling others how the onomatopoeia of a laugh should be written, and making fun of them, you should check the dictionary for the correct spelling of your own language.

Once again, the lesson is free of charge.

Edited by maitasun
  • Like 70
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, maitasun said:

How can you possible assert English is "the most confusing language" of all languages when you acknowledge you only speak your own?

Yup, you guessed it. I get my information from experts, like on Google and Wikipedia (among others). According to the experts on those platforms, English is confusing. Here's the top SERP in Google Search for the phrase "Is English language confusing?"

-------Quoted From Google-------

"English Is Confusing"

"It's the most widely taught foreign language in the world. ... There are many confusing oddities such as homophones, homographs, homonyms, and inconsistent spellings that conspire to make English difficult to learn and easy to misunderstand."

-------

Here is the top SERP in Google under "People Also Ask :"

"Is English the hardest language to learn?"

"The English language is widely regarded as one of the most difficult to master. Because of its unpredictable spelling and challenging to learn grammar, it is challenging for both learners and native speakers.Mar 30, 2021"

--------

I've been speaking English all my life. I was taught it in school from an early age. English classes were mandatory in grammar school, high school and college. I got all A's in English (speaking), English Literature and English Writing in grammar school, high school and in college. Yet still I find some English difficult to understand, sometimes. Doesn't mean I wasn't paying attention in school. It means the language is confusing.

Don't take my word for it. Do the research yourself. If you think English is easy, then congrats, you've mastered a confusing language.

• Like 63
  • Congrats! 3

21 hours ago, maitasun said:

So, instead of putting so much effort into telling others how the onomatopoeia of a laugh should be written, and making fun of them, you should check the dictionary for the correct spelling of your own language.

Once again, the lesson is free of charge.

Done, turns out there is no entry for "ahahah" in the dictionary, but there is for "hahaha." I was not making fun of anyone just offering a helpful tip to a non-native speaker. I'm sorry if you were offended. You seem to have misunderstood me.

• Like 63
  • Congrats! 3

1 hour ago, timothykoen said:

Done, turns out there is no entry for "ahahah" in the dictionary, but there is for "hahaha."

@timothykoen wrote:

... because the Britons were the most successful conquerErs during the age of discovery. 

The Spanish were the most successful conquerErs during the age of discovery.

cd.thumb.jpg.fdcc9e25559a7b5f243c57b45d278c19.jpg

"Conqueror", with an "o". You're welcome!

Stop seeing the speck of sawdust in other people's eye and look at the beam in your own.

1 hour ago, timothykoen said:

I was not making fun of anyone just offering a helpful tip to a non-native speaker. I'm sorry if you were offended. You seem to have misunderstood me.

It's @visualstudios you owe an apology to, not me.

• Like 63
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/30/2021 at 1:49 AM, gina_riley2 said:

Why am I not getting orders? 😔

1. Because your profile sucks.

2. See #1.

That's it, plain & simple. 💕

The following won't help:

* Staying online

* Buyer's request

* Posting/crying/begging on forum

--------------------------------------

There are over 100 posts with tips on good profile and gigs from experienced sellers. Ignore the YouTube gurus ('cause it's crap) and the new sellers posting on this forum  to get recognized.

-‐‐-----------------------------------------

1.  Seller complaining on forum: "My English isn't good!"

Buyer's interpretation: "I have a weakness and I'm too lazy to do anything about it so I'm just going to whine on the forum about how unfair life is to me."

2. Seller: "I've sent over 100 Buyer's Request & still no orders."

Buyer's interpretation: "I send canned responses without reading and my profile is so bad no one wants to buy from me. I'm just gonna complain on the forum about what a bad seller I am."

3. Seller posting on forum: "Thank you for your valuable tips."

Buyer's interpretation: "🙄 If you buy from me I'll have endless access to your inbox, therefore, I will spam you with multiple request for reviews, gratuity and more work.😑"

If we don't share our experience in the forum, then where do we share?!

We don't cry / beg for the order we just want to find out our lacking. Thank you

• Like 36