If you die, what happens to your Fiverr?

mdminhaz05

What a very odd question!

14 minutes ago, mdminhaz05 said:

So if a man dies then what will be his or her Fiverr account.

If a man dies then what will be his or her Fiverr account? Uhh. 🤨

The account likely either is set inactive by a friend or family member, or the account gets placed on indefinite hold for not responding to orders, messages, and for general inactivity.

Unfortunately, there's at least one successful account I can directly reference. Activerog was a successful 'memey' Australian spokesperson who passed away. His account is still present on Fiverr and his gigs are not visible on his profile but can still be found via internet search, but on top of his gigs is a disclaimer stating:

image.thumb.png.a6195cca3b8ec3b31a3bfbaeaffdf6b6.png

Edited by enunciator
  • Like 38
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1

Interesting question that I thought about in the past. I run a team (more than one people involved in the decision making and the work itself), but the Fiverr account is under a single name (because it has to be). If that person dies, what happens to the rest of the people who work on the account? Can we transfer it to a different name? Is everyone's Fiverr career over because the account owner dies?

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 27
  • Haha 3

On 7/19/2021 at 8:17 AM, enunciator said:

What a very odd question!

If a man dies then what will be his or her Fiverr account? Uhh. 🤨

The account likely either is set inactive by a friend or family member, or the account gets placed on indefinite hold for not responding to orders, messages, and for general inactivity.

Unfortunately, there's at least one successful account I can directly reference. Activerog was a successful 'memey' Australian spokesperson who passed away. His account is still present on Fiverr and his gigs are not visible on his profile but can still be found via internet search, but on top of his gigs is a disclaimer stating:

image.thumb.png.a6195cca3b8ec3b31a3bfbaeaffdf6b6.png

On 7/19/2021 at 8:23 AM, enunciator said:

This IS an odd post, and I think I answered your question by directly referencing a successful seller's profile who has indeed passed away.

This is what I wanted to know. Thank you for sharing your experience. You are right this is a odd post. But i like to know something  unknown . Which people never do 

On 7/19/2021 at 8:28 AM, leannelrivers said:

If you don't want any fun or humour in anyone's responses, fair enough, you can always put in your title that you only want serious responses. 

you understand by reading my question I am posting to know it. No one jokes about dying

• Like 22
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2021 at 8:32 AM, mdminhaz05 said:

Thank you for sharing your experience.

😬 OooooOOOOH! I'vvvve cooome baaaack frooom beeeyoooond the graaaave to toiiil awaaaay answerrring quessstions on a foooorum! OoooOOOH!   👻

On 7/19/2021 at 8:39 AM, mdminhaz05 said:

No one jokes about dying

You'd be surprised, but that is an entirely different topic of discussion!

• Like 20
  • Haha 12
  • Sad 3

I didn't make any jokes about dying. I said I've never died and I was serious. The vast majority of the posts in the forum are from people who want to know something and many have light-hearted and funny responses. Nothing is meant to be offensive or hurtful and if this is something extremely sensitive for you then clarification in the title wouldn't be a bad thing. 

• Like 23
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd assume it would just close if someone informed Fiverr of the death or dwindle to a low-rated nothingness if not. Does Fiverr delete abandoned accounts? I would think they'd have to, eventually. 

I doubt you can pass down your account to your heirs. The reviews, etc. wouldn't reflect their ability to do the same job, would they? 

• Like 22

10 minutes ago, melanielm said:

I doubt you can pass down your account to your heirs.

I'm sure family-run Fiverr accounts is a thing. If one member passes away, it seems entirely plausible that the other members can continue on with the account if the services are the same/similar.  🤔

• Like 22

I think this is a very valid and important question. If the owner of the Fiverr site dies and there are other people working with this person, then how do they resume the site? I believe this would be a good question for customer service. I would assume that everyone involved with this site has the password. But I've been told never assume anything. If everyone involved has a password, then I don't see why they all couldn't just continue the service. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2021 at 6:21 AM, mdminhaz05 said:

This is not a fun post.

When some people face the subject of death their first response is to laugh, or they may cry. 

I have met people who laugh in the oddest situations because they are nervous or scared and it helps relieve the tension. 

However, I am not saying that is the case with @enunciator or @leannelrivers or anyone else that has a comical answer. Sometimes people merely want to laugh and enjoy themselves. 

• Like 23

18 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Sometimes people merely want to laugh and enjoy themselves. 

True. And without wanting sound like a poor-little-me, I've lost a lot of people and some who were very young. I've tried to develop a light-hearted relationship with death because it's coming like it or not and it helps me deal with the abject terror. 🙂 I certainly didn't mean to upset or offend here, though. 

Edited by leannelrivers
  • Like 25
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

When some people face the subject of death their first response is to laugh, or they may cry. 

I have met people who laugh in the oddest situations because they are nervous or scared and it helps relieve the tension. 

However, I am not saying that is the case with @enunciator or @leannelrivers or anyone else that has a comical answer. Sometimes people merely want to laugh and enjoy themselves. 

I'm thinking , You are right

• Like 20

Anyway, at least I didn't go down without explaining myself first. Thank you all for your valuable feedback. I actually see people dying around me. So I asked. What will happen when I ever die.  I don't want to talk about this anymore. I apologize to all of you, if anyone has been hurt by me. I wish you all good health and success. ❤️💚☺️

Thank you.

• Like 18

• 1 year later...
On 7/19/2021 at 5:35 PM, mdminhaz05 said:

We know people are mortal. So if a man dies then what will be his or her Fiverr account. Do you know anything about this? Looking forward to the feedback of experienced people.

Thank you 

"Looking forward to the feedback of experienced people." 🤣 I think they cannot reply.

• Like 18
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2