Fiverr almost unusable.

I've been a Fiverr customer since 2015. I have placed a lot of orders and paid a lot of service providers well.
There have always been "black sheep" here. But recently, the fake service providers are piling up and wasting the time of buyers like me.
These service providers simply send you offers without having any technical knowledge.
And although you will be asked several times whether you are able to do this. Then you can't. 
Every time you waste days because you have a service provider who cannot do the job. Although he claimed it beforehand.
And has confirmed it several times. When the time is up, say that you just need more time. 
And after this time it is said that you cannot do the job. Or send the basic files back 1to1, with no changes, and write that they did the job.
I am incredibly disappointed and almost can't stand this waste of time. I waste my time every time.
 Why is Fiverr not taking action against such service providers? Can't FIverr detect cancellations?
 What I also don't understand, by the way, is why you need a confirmation of the cancellation from the service provider.
 For example, a service provider does not work a single minute on an order. Then, when the time is up, he says he needs longer.
 And at this moment I can't cancel? Why not? The service provider did not deliver. Then why do I have to ask him if he cancels?
 That is illogical. In addition, the service provider then simply rejects the cancellation and says he will deliver in a few days.
 Service providers have done this to me several times. In some cases, the orders are then many days over time.
 And after many days the service provider cancels.
I have now received 3 cancellations, spent at least 10 hours "writing" and wasted 2 weeks of time. For a simple little job. 
The providers I hired couldn't even learn the basics of PHP - unfortunately I noticed this too late.
A provider should have done a PHP JOB once, instead he wanted to recommend a plugin to me and then have the full order price for it.
Whereby the recommended plugin didn't even have the desired function? Hello? Is it still possible?
I hereby ask Fiverr, if relevant people read this, that buyers are better protected in advance.
That alleged service providers can no longer send offers haphazardly and thus waste time.
That service providers will be pressured more to deliver in the correct time. And if you don't do this, the buyer can cancel without much stress.
 A provider should know in advance how long it will take. And if a provider shows a progress in the work after the time, nobody will cancel either.

I’m truly sorry that you had to deal with a seller like this.

Currently, Fiverr has no way of verifying a seller’s experience, so anyone and everyone can just join and start selling on Fiverr. Unfortunately, there are some sellers on here who are “fake”. We just found a seller on the Forum today who was selling logo designs that already existed on the internet 😕

11 minutes ago, marketingrohde said:

For example, a service provider does not work a single minute on an order. Then, when the time is up, he says he needs longer. And at this moment I can't cancel? Why not? The service provider did not deliver. Then why do I have to ask him if he cancels?

If a seller delivers late, you should be able to cancel automatically, or at least that’s what it tells us sellers. If we pass the deadline, it tells us that since we were late, the buyer can cancel the order anytime.

If you don’t mind me asking, are the sellers that you’re ordering from Level 2/TRS? Because sellers with more good reviews tend to have more credibility with delivering good work!

Hi, I would still take all details and let Fiverr know.  Screenshot everything, and explain how disappointed you are and how much time was wasted.  They do like to get feedback about bad sellers.  

The reason why Fiverr don't act about cancellations is because there are scam buyers as well.  They make the seller do a huge amount of work, and then run away with it. 

So in absolute fairness, Fiverr has a difficult job!  

I also get the impression that there are a lot a desperate sellers, who are new, not up to standard at all, who have swamped Fiverr.  Fiverr needs to do all they can to sift these sellers out!

2 hours ago, krheate said:

We just found a seller on the Forum today who was selling logo designs that already existed on the internet 😕

And then posts from that seller who stole logos from the internet was edited by m o d s so the seller would look innocent, we’ve been told not to play detectives and at the end topic was deleted with all evidence. So I totally can see how the OP can feel that fiverr is not only not vetting their sellers but also protecting fake ones. 

This is a serious problem also for the sellers, because many buyers will go away from Fiverr, if they have to waste their time here. People will have a bad impression when they are scammed like this.

It is important for Fiverr to keep away these people as much as possible.

Also, the inactive gigs, the ones which are inactive for 2 years should be deleted like the ones which don't have orders on them. 

I am a new seller here, but I am really sorry to hear about the bad experiences you had with some of the sellers. I think in order to separate real sellers with the fake ones you should interview them to makesure that they have the full knowledge and understanding of your project before proceeding. 

Not every seller here are fake. I know a lot of high quality seller here. It's kinda hard to find a good one but this problem are happening to us seller too, it's kinda hard to find a real buyer who really appreciate our work. Sometimes there is a lot of buyer who want to make us work for a cheaper price or even doesn't care about our work and just ask for a free job.

I know and understand about your pain. Let's hope that fiverr can find a way to make this platform a healthier marketplace. This is a great platform and I love to work here, as I believe there is a lot of great seller and great buyer love this marketplace too.

If you love to get your work done here, please stay and don't give up on Fiverr.

Let's together create a great marketplace here. We seller need a quality buyer like you too. Let's expect, if we both part do the best that we can, someday this platform will become a great place for buyer and seller to do work.

Have a great day. 

3 hours ago, gunawanguan said:

If you love to get your work done here, please stay and don't give up on Fiverr.

Let's together create a great marketplace here. We seller need a quality buyer like you too. Let's expect, if we both part do the best that we can, someday this platform will become a great place for buyer and seller to do work.

Have a great day. 

Yeah you are absolutely right. We can take it forward......🥰

I am just very disappointed here. You just waste so much time here. And it's so unbelievably "buyer unfriendly" everything programmed here.
I would like to mention again points that must be changed. And what the lines in Fiverr should be worrying about.

1. Too many fake service providers. The service providers should have to verify themselves with an identity card.
So that they cannot set up a new account every week. And then also take your account more seriously.

2. Too many fake offers. It is incredibly annoying that service providers simply write offers in response to job requests.
And when they write to you, ask about the "budget". If you then say, "You made a $ 50 offer" then they mean, "No, that was just the way it was".
So offers should only be made if these are also meant seriously by days / prices. This should be tightened up in some form of Fiverr.
It is also the case that service providers simply write offers on EVERYTHING. Regardless of whether you can / want to do the service.
You know how often people make me an offer in response to my requests and when I then write it by PM it says: "Sorry, I don't have time for orders at the moment".
 Or "sorry, I don't know how to use this system". Then I think to myself: "Huh, why is he writing an offer on my request?".
So, repeating, the offers on requests have to be used differently somehow. The wrong values for prices and duration are annoying.
And above all the offers that the service provider cannot make at all.

3. Duration for orders. I have often had to pay "extra money" for the service provider to get the job done faster.
For example, I paid a vendor $ 20 more to do the job in 3 days instead of 5 days. But after 3 days he said that he could not deliver.
 And in the end, he delivered after 6 days. Still, I had to pay the $ 20 extra. I can't cancel the job if he doesn't agree.
Are you also looking for a new service provider? And everything from the beginning? And wait any longer?
You are practically blackmailed by the service provider. Fiverr supports this approach because it does not check the times.
Likewise, because I, as a buyer, cannot simply cancel. The service provider MUST agree. But can simply refuse.

4. Basic time compliance. As already mentioned. Can a service provider simply run out of time. Or he can simply deliver an empty text document so that he has "delivered".
Then you have to apply for a revision. And the service provider gets an extension. The extension of the times can be abused too much.
And is also abused. Buyers should be able to cancel immediately if the service provider does not meet the time.
Or the service provider should then have to submit the progress. So that the buyer can see if something has been done.
There should also be a cost deduction, as you often pay more for the time.

As mentioned, I am speaking from many years of experience.
I've been a buyer since 2015. And I've placed hundreds of orders.
But for the past 12 months, Fiverr has really been unusable. The service providers consist almost exclusively of scammers.
You don't want to know how often people tried to get me to pay in advance outside of Fiverr.
Was insulted even when rejected. If something doesn't change at Fiverr soon, I will definitely be leaving Fiverr soon.
Because you only get annoyed, waste time and pay high costs for transactions in vain.

2 hours ago, marketingrohde said:

I suggest you stop using the buyer request section. It's filled with desperate new sellers who apply to every job even if it's beyond their capabilities. The amount of time you've wasted on them would be better spent vetting your own sellers based off reviews and reputation. 

2 hours ago, corsogr said:

Your profile says that you are a buyer since 2016, not 2015.

Also, I've counted 21 reviews as a buyer, with the oldest being 2 years old. I'm not saying that you didn't order hundred of times since review is not mandatory, but out of my experience it says something.

What is the point of this statement?

22 hours ago, corsogr said:

Your profile says that you are a buyer since 2016, not 2015.

Also, I've counted 21 reviews as a buyer, with the oldest being 2 years old. I'm not saying that you didn't order hundred of times since review is not mandatory, but out of my experience it says something.

i was not sure, my account is from 2016 or 2015. Is this important for this topic? And yes i ve buyed really much Gigs here. i get for every Buy a Rating? Really, havent know this.  I ve this year buyed over 20 Gigs.

But thanks for ur analytics and helpfull message. Ur Great.

22 hours ago, corsogr said:

It doesn't amaze me anymore to see "experienced" members bypass the fact that another member uses screenshots where usernames appear instead of being blurred or concealed, especially when he/she is using the word scammers, repeatedly.

Since you are new here, please refrain from attaching screenshots where usernames of clients appear. This is a forum rule. Those screenshots must be removed or if you still want them posted, you should conceal the usernames. On top of that calling scammers sellers and providing unconcealed usernames makes it even worse.

If you want to use the search function, the filters are:

1) Seller Details

2) Budget

3) Delivery Time

4) Pro Services

5) Online sellers

When a provider uses a copy / paste answer from Wikipedia after a technical question - which does not answer the question. And also asks for a payment outside of Fiverr (advance payment), then it is clearly a scammer. If I take screenshots of this and warn about these people, it is a good practice.

Screenshots of usernames / aliases are not prohibited. In no law. The profile photos are also public. Not private. So I can legally take as many screenshots as I want. And also publish where I want.

A moderator can, however, remove the screenshots. Or delete my account directly. Then I say goodbye to Fiverr, it is no longer usable anyway.

Please transfer the rest of my account balance to my bank account. So in the event that your account is removed because of this.

But I think it's great that dubious providers are protected more than serious buyers.  I think that was the final confirmation of what I needed.

On 7/16/2021 at 4:36 AM, marketingrohde said:

Or he can simply deliver an empty text document so that he has "delivered".

Hi @marketingrohde, I thought I'd add that this point is directly against Fiverr's Terms of Service so if this happens to you I recommend you contact customer support immediately.

On 7/16/2021 at 4:36 AM, marketingrohde said:

The service providers should have to verify themselves with an identity card.

And this point I thought I'd add that (not immediately) but at a certain time in your selling career you do have to verify your identity with official government identification otherwise your account will be deleted. I am unsure when this point is but if any more experienced sellers know feel free to add. Only 1 account per user is allowed and I believe Fiverr does only allow one account per ip address but I know that people can always get around these mechanisms some how so feel free to report any fake, duplicate users and contact customer support.

In general if you have a bad experience with a seller or if you have any of the issues you identified above I recommend you contact customer support because they are pretty great at helping with these issues. You can contact them here. https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new?source=zendesk

Hope all this helps and sorry you had a bad experience on Fiverr.

Archived