14 days waiting clearance opinion

That’s why I don’t like big orders.

Do you ever worry that you are missing out on the big orders that will not rip you off?

Do you ever worry that you are missing out on the big orders that will not rip you off?

Not really. Even if a big order doesn’t rip me off, it will take a lot more time to do. If a $300 order takes 10 hours, that’s $30 an hour. I would rather get three $30 orders, complete them in one hour, and make $90.

The graph below is my inspiration, a reminder that what matters is what you make everyday, not what you make once in a while. Making $400 three times a month is no good for me. My goal is $50 to $100 a day. More if I can ever figure out how.

320558683_ScreenShot2018-03-05at7_17_00PM.png.13a7b58b49b12b4b59173c15adbdba62.png

• Like 2

I think thats why there is 14 days. Of course it will be good 7 days instead of waiting 14 days 🙂

Yes, but the PayPal chargeback can happen 6 months from now, 2 years from now. I once found myself with a negative balance of -$20. I’m lucky, some of my colleagues have found themselves with -$500. That’s why I don’t like big orders.

That’s why I don’t like big orders.

Even I am afraid of getting works more than 250$ Thats why till this year I never do custom works. Just do basic works for small amounts. 😦 Never accept such works unless the buyer is one of my regular customer. Do you know that is there any lower limit for chargeback on PayPal?

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

it is actually same for no level, first level and 2nd level, and only differ in top seller badge. Can i ask you the reason for this disagreement??

Why would Fiverr shave off four days just to allow clearance in 10 days? This makes absolutely no practical sense. The current clearance time is two weeks (14 days = 2 weeks).

Two weeks is a fair, and reasonable clearance time for New Sellers, Level 1 and Level 2. If you receive the honor of being promoted to TRS, then Fiverr offers the vetted benefit of 1-week clearance.

There is no practical reason to have an odd in-between clearance time. 1-week and 2-week clearances seem perfectly fine as-is.

• Like 6

Why would Fiverr shave off four days just to allow clearance in 10 days? This makes absolutely no practical sense. The current clearance time is two weeks (14 days = 2 weeks).

Two weeks is a fair, and reasonable clearance time for New Sellers, Level 1 and Level 2. If you receive the honor of being promoted to TRS, then Fiverr offers the vetted benefit of 1-week clearance.

There is no practical reason to have an odd in-between clearance time. 1-week and 2-week clearances seem perfectly fine as-is.

It means, you think, New Sellers, level 1 and Level 2 has no difference between them in terms of clearance time?? But only TRS should have this difference? If they avail in 7 days, then 10 days for level 2 make sense to me if we consider and compare all these levels 🙂

By the way, everyone has his own thinking. Let’s see other replies

• Like 3

It means, you think, New Sellers, level 1 and Level 2 has no difference between them in terms of clearance time?? But only TRS should have this difference? If they avail in 7 days, then 10 days for level 2 make sense to me if we consider and compare all these levels 🙂

It means, you think, New Sellers, level 1 and Level 2 has no difference between them in terms of clearance time?? But only TRS should have this difference?

Yes, that is what I am saying.

Very well. I’m sure many other veteran sellers (like me), will agree that 1-week and 2-week clearance times are practical and realistic. A random 10-day completion time makes absolutely no practical sense.

• Like 4

It means, you think, New Sellers, level 1 and Level 2 has no difference between them in terms of clearance time?? But only TRS should have this difference?

Yes, that is what I am saying.

Very well. I’m sure many other veteran sellers (like me), will agree that 1-week and 2-week clearance times are practical and realistic. A random 10-day completion time makes absolutely no practical sense.

Okay, what if i suggest 7 days clearance for level 2?? Will it make sense then?

• Like 2

Fiverr only offers 7-day revenue clearance for Top Rated Sellers. I doubt that is going to change anytime soon. Level 2 sellers get by just find with 14-day clearance.

7-day clearance is a special bonus to being a TRS. Why would Fiverr dilute that special bonus, by letting other levels have it as well? TRS sellers have earned special trust and consideration from Fiverr, therefore, they have earned 7-day revenue clearance.

• Like 5

No level and level one has 14 days as earning clearance days, i am suggesting to Fiverr that they should reduce this 14 days time to 10 days for Level 2 sellers. Then, it will be a clear difference between all levels.

What you guys think??? Yes??OR No??

What you guys think??? Yes ??OR No ??

Meh, I’m perfectly fine with the 2 weeks clearance. 🍍

Hypothetically speaking, if 5r rolled out (7) day clearance to all Sellers, GREAT!

But I’m not going to hold my breath.

it is actually same for no level, first level and 2nd level, and only differ in top seller badge. Can i ask you the reason for this disagreement??

Simple… It’s a perk!

If you want that perk, work hard to become a TRS, then you’re golden. 😉

• Like 3

This is an accounting issue. If everybody were allowed 7-day revenue clearance, Fiverr could see itself in trouble when refunding and investing. Try seeing Fiverr as a bank whose funds are sellers’ earnings (including the 20%).

Of course, refunding depends on the amount of monthly requested and granted refunds and chargebacks, quantity none of us knows as Fiverr has never shown statistics - which by the way, would be good to know as it would give us all a real perspective of buyers’ behavior.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Payment clearance should be in 7 days to clear rather than 14 days. what’s your opinion fiverr sellers?

Payment clearance should be in 7 days to clear rather than 14 days. what’s your opinion fiverr sellers?

Since you asked for my opinion…

I think the clearance is just fine the way it is. Most people – in other forms of employment – get paid every two weeks. Why do you feel that needs to be different here?

The current 14-day fund clearance is a security thing. Fiverr needs to make sure all completion and refund issues are wrapped up before funds are cleared for withdrawal. Fiverr does give Top Rated Sellers a 7-day clearance, however, this is more of a trust thing – since TRS sellers are vetted. If you want 7-day clearance, you will have to be a TRS seller.

• Like 3

Since you asked for my opinion…

I think the clearance is just fine the way it is. Most people – in other forms of employment – get paid every two weeks. Why do you feel that needs to be different here?

The current 14-day fund clearance is a security thing. Fiverr needs to make sure all completion and refund issues are wrapped up before funds are cleared for withdrawal. Fiverr does give Top Rated Sellers a 7-day clearance, however, this is more of a trust thing – since TRS sellers are vetted. If you want 7-day clearance, you will have to be a TRS seller.

I agreed sir, i think then 10 days are enough for clearance. it’s very hard for newbies to wait for long time. As in start new sellers got not much orders and not charge high and for just $5 they have to wait for 14 days. Fiverr should revisit the clearance policy in this case. it’s just my opinion.

• Like 2