14 days waiting clearance opinion

Reply to @wegotshoutouts: I’m sorry if you took offense but it’s frustrating sometimes when the same issues are brought up, especially in a category that is supposed to be for a specific and unrelated thing. Even when the repetition I wouldn’t have commented had it been in Chit Chat or FAQ’s or Suggestions.

Anyway, it’s a public forum and everyone has equal right to comment. I include you in that although I don’t think it was in the right location. If you prefer not to have comments it might be better to use a private forum or your Facebook page or something that isn’t open to all. Have a good one!

Searching through miles of threads can waste lots of time panning through irrelevant stuff. It’s quicker and easier to just post away like on this page, it’s great. If you’re frustrated with threads being out there and people asking without looking at them, you better find a way to get used to it. Have a good one!

• Like 3

Searching through miles of threads can waste lots of time panning through irrelevant stuff. It’s quicker and easier to just post away like on this page, it’s great. If you’re frustrated with threads being out there and people asking without looking at them, you better find a way to get used to it. Have a good one!

It’s quicker and easier to just post away like on this page, it’s great.

No. It’s bad attitude. Irrilevant stuff is made of posts “just posted away”.

• Like 4

Guest offlinehelpers

you better find a way to get used to it.

The mods on the forum (like @fonthaunt to whom you replied) don’t get any form of payment etc. - they do it out of the goodness of their hearts.

The least we as users can do is to try to make life as easy as we can for them. Being nice helps too! 🙂

you better find a way to get used to it

You’ve been a member for less than 24 hours. Already dug up an old dead thread, and I need to get used to it? So much to be confused about here.

• Like 3

you better find a way to get used to it.

The mods on the forum (like @fonthaunt to whom you replied) don’t get any form of payment etc. - they do it out of the goodness of their hearts.

The least we as users can do is to try to make life as easy as we can for them. Being nice helps too! 🙂

OK fine. Really this forum is the best thing about fiverr, always an answer. It’s great, I checked the forum for PayPal past threads so I don’t have to “post away” and I can’t find a find a place to check for past threads.

• Like 3

Guest offlinehelpers

OK fine. Really this forum is the best thing about fiverr, always an answer. It’s great, I checked the forum for PayPal past threads so I don’t have to “post away” and I can’t find a find a place to check for past threads.

I can’t find a find a place to check for past threads.

The big magnifying glass on the top right! 😉

The forum has a search field that is great and can be sorted according to timing. Perhaps once you’ve been here long enough to get used to the forum, you’ll find more of the fantastic tools available. You might find that you will be welcomed more if you approach other readers with a nicer attitude, though.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

So why not make this “industry” better than most?!

It already is.

In many business to business services, invoices are due 14, 30 or 60 days after the work is delivered.

And that is only when they are DUE, some businesses take longer to pay and need to be constantly followed up and reminded.

With Fiverr, the payment comes without any additional work to chase it.

• Like 3

It already is.

In many business to business services, invoices are due 14, 30 or 60 days after the work is delivered.

And that is only when they are DUE, some businesses take longer to pay and need to be constantly followed up and reminded.

With Fiverr, the payment comes without any additional work to chase it.

Boy, does it suck where you live…I have never heard of anything like that over here.

Meanwhile I’ll stick to other freelancing platforms, where they hold my money of 5 days or less and let you enjoy the happiness of not having your money for two weeks.

• Like 2

Boy, does it suck where you live…I have never heard of anything like that over here.

Meanwhile I’ll stick to other freelancing platforms, where they hold my money of 5 days or less and let you enjoy the happiness of not having your money for two weeks.

Maybe in your type of business it doesnt happen but I have clients from all over Europe and this is pretty standard for the majority of agencies. Once you are making a regular income, after two weeks it doesn’t really make a difference anyway.

• Like 2

Maybe in your type of business it doesnt happen but I have clients from all over Europe and this is pretty standard for the majority of agencies. Once you are making a regular income, after two weeks it doesn’t really make a difference anyway.

I get a kick out of the folks who have never had to chase a net 30 customer and hope that you can get invoices paid net 60 days.

• Like 6

Agree with you 14 days too long at least they should reduce it level wise

Agree with you 14 days too long at least they should reduce it level wise

Ironically, it’s more than 14 days for the following reasons.

1. Your client orders something, you deliver in 3 days.
  2. Your client forgets to review it so you have to wait 3 days for the ordered to get marked complete
  3. You have to wait 14 days for the money to clear.

So it could be 20 days until you see the money, this assumes there are no demands for revisions or extensions.

Personally, I like how Lyft does it better. As soon as you make more than $5, you can withdraw it. I don’t withdraw it because I like to withdraw significant amounts, not 12 freaking dollars after driving for 50 minutes.

• Like 4

One thing that I don’t like on Fiverr is pending 14 days of clearness, it’s too long. 3 days for delivery + 14 days + 2 days of withdrawing is about 19 - 20 days for one payment. Up work is much better in that way, 5 days is pretty ok.

• Like 3

Just because we’re used to something doesn’t make it right. My brother-in-law is a contractor, he gets paid in 3 to 7 days. Check cashing stores exists because some contractors can’t afford to wait for a check to clear, and would rather get paid immediately.

Lyft lets you withdraw your funds anytime you like as long as you pay $0.50.

Besides, who benefits from a 14 day waiting period? Not buyers, they can do a PayPal chargeback anytime they want.

Top Rated Sellers already get the perks of their own personal section, the pretty golden thing, and the credibility of having been chosen. That’s enough perks as far as I’m concerned, the rest of us deserve to get paid in 7 days just like they do.

they can do a PayPal chargeback anytime they want.

I think thats why there is 14 days. Of course it will be good 7 days instead of waiting 14 days 🙂

• Like 2

I get a kick out of the folks who have never had to chase a net 30 customer and hope that you can get invoices paid net 60 days.

Hmmm, I think you need to get out more Mike but yes, it really surprises me when people have never come across it. Offline, it is completely standard to get and give credit limits.

• Like 3

Hmmm, I think you need to get out more Mike but yes, it really surprises me when people have never come across it. Offline, it is completely standard to get and give credit limits.

Hmmm, I think you need to get out more Mike

You have no idea. 20 char

• Like 3

they can do a PayPal chargeback anytime they want.

I think thats why there is 14 days. Of course it will be good 7 days instead of waiting 14 days 🙂

Yes, but the PayPal chargeback can happen 6 months from now, 2 years from now. I once found myself with a negative balance of -$20. I’m lucky, some of my colleagues have found themselves with -$500. That’s why I don’t like big orders.

• Like 2

Yes, but the PayPal chargeback can happen 6 months from now, 2 years from now. I once found myself with a negative balance of -$20. I’m lucky, some of my colleagues have found themselves with -$500. That’s why I don’t like big orders.

That’s why I don’t like big orders.

Do you ever worry that you are missing out on the big orders that will not rip you off?

• Like 2

That’s why I don’t like big orders.

Do you ever worry that you are missing out on the big orders that will not rip you off?

I focus on larger orders mainly.

After 1100 orders completed I have had 1 chargeback of $100. That’s all.

Anyone who is really, really worried about chargebacks, just take 2% of all earnings and set it aside as your “Bad debt protection fund” which is advisable for any business.

This will allow people to expand their business by taking away the paralyzing fear of chargebacks that some people seem to have.

• Like 4