From Best Month Ever ($13.000) to Being Pushed to Last Page (ZERO messages)

trafficspurt

What would you do in my place?

That’s a place I find myself in every 2-3 months or so.

The good thing about this new version of Fiverr’s algo, is that it’s relatively simple to get back on the wagon: all you need is a small spark. A prospect’s message converted into a sale is the most effective way.

At least in theory.

If your gig is “all that” you will get back on track by just showing Fiverr you can still perform.

I understand this is very general in terms of advice and it goes without saying that I can’t actually guide you through this, as I don’t know what your performance looks like now and what the original trigger was.

As I write this post, I am actually in “Fiverr jail” as my past 14 days were not what Fiverr wanted to see in terms of performance.

I will try to dive deep into this on my post.

As I write this post, I am actually in “Fiverr jail”

Patiently waiting for the post since the system failed to send me a notification about the webinar on GIGs. I hoped there will be a video but nothing.

@trafficspurt This is purely my guess but I think/hope Fiverr is doing/preparing something about sites like these:

image.thumb.jpg.70f0f65d6920e5962539d7da957045e8.jpg
image1308×792 198 KB

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patiently waiting for the post since the system failed to send me a notification about the webinar on GIGs. I hoped there will be a video but nothing.

@trafficspurt This is purely my guess but I think/hope Fiverr is doing/preparing something about sites like these:

Post is up!

Where are those screenshots taken from?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Please delete it, it’s bad. 🙂

They are promising something that doesn’t even exist.

Also:

Which webinar are you talking about?

The one I hosted?

Or the seller plus one?

the webinar on GIGs. I hoped there will be a video but nothing.

I signed up for that too. However, I missed most of it because it slipped my mind. :roll_eyes: and I was busy with a client.

I hoped there will be a video but nothing.

Not yet, but at the end of the webinar, Chris said it would be posted soon. 🙂

I’m actually Pisces!

I was not sure where the cut-off date was. :thinking:

the webinar on GIGs. I hoped there will be a video but nothing.

I signed up for that too. However, I missed most of it because it slipped my mind. :roll_eyes: and I was busy with a client.

I hoped there will be a video but nothing.

Not yet, but at the end of the webinar, Chris said it would be posted soon. 🙂

I’m actually Pisces!

I was not sure where the cut-off date was. :thinking:

The seller plus webinar will be sent to all who registered via their inbox soon.

Chris also said the plan is for every one of those Seller+ webinars to always live on our seller+ dashboards for easy access.

But that will take a while.

The seller plus webinar will be sent to all who registered via their inbox soon.

Chris also said the plan is for every one of those Seller+ webinars to always live on our seller+ dashboards for easy access.

But that will take a while.

Which webinar? What’s seller plus? 😂

I should probably start reading emails I get from Fiverr. 😀

Which webinar? What’s seller plus? 😂

I should probably start reading emails I get from Fiverr. 😀

What’s seller plus?

It is a program that is replacing the old advising system, basically, you now have the option to pay for Chris. Started in February (but beta version was available to a lot of other secret users).

At the moment it invite only.

There was webinar for all in the program but for some reason system failed to send info, reminder and link to connect.

I know that. I contacted people that contacted me in the last two weeks that ended the conversation with something like “I’ll get back to you when I do this”… or something like that.

I didn’t go spamming people that decided not to order.

I went back to active conversations.

Trafficspurt, those people who contacted you in the last two weeks, were they not new buyers? I.e., had seen your gigs afresh? Just wondering how they came by if your gigs are down so far. I did look for a couple of your gigs and saw that the book title one was first gig (first one on first page). But could not see the brand names one anywhere… 😦

Trafficspurt, those people who contacted you in the last two weeks, were they not new buyers? I.e., had seen your gigs afresh? Just wondering how they came by if your gigs are down so far. I did look for a couple of your gigs and saw that the book title one was first gig (first one on first page). But could not see the brand names one anywhere… 😦

I contacted buyers that contacted me in the two weeks before my gigs got taken down. I didn’t receive any new messages in the last two weeks.

Yep, the book titles one is gaining momentum. It’s the only one that got me an order in the past weeks.

I hope this will happen to other gigs also.

I just read the Fiverr 3.0 update post. I’ll sleep on it because it’s late where I live. 😀 I’ll gather my thoughts in the morning and I’ll see if I’ll make any changes.

I contacted buyers that contacted me in the two weeks before my gigs got taken down. I didn’t receive any new messages in the last two weeks.

Yep, the book titles one is gaining momentum. It’s the only one that got me an order in the past weeks.

I hope this will happen to other gigs also.

I just read the Fiverr 3.0 update post. I’ll sleep on it because it’s late where I live. 😀 I’ll gather my thoughts in the morning and I’ll see if I’ll make any changes.

I see your problem and suspect we are similar, or at least I am heading toward the same place! I can only hope it is temporary. I also hit $13k for the first time in February ($14k) and have had very little exposure since. I wonder if there comes a point at which people’s gigs are deemed too successful, ha. Are we being punished for being able to sell? 🙂

It is certainly weird. I have been blaming the fact that I know what to do to update and improve my gigs and I know my gigs are sadly lacking in many regards now, since there have been so many tweaks on Fiverr lately. Changes in categories have been a nuisance and do not work intuitively in some cases. However, I am still flat out doing the work generated in February so I simply have no opportunity to make the necessary updates or to add new gigs, and meanwhile, I see my two top-selling gigs plummet.

But one thing that is encouraging is that your new book titles gig is gaining traction. This maybe supports my supposition that ‘new’ is preferred and innovation and fresh material will pull our other gigs gradually back upward. I think we need to innovate more and keep our gigs fresh.

Ok so i am not alone in this there are two things that i found common in this every level two seller hit their highest in January and February including me and from 1st 2nd and 3rd march gigs moved to the last page.

Well in my case same i hit highest amount in January and started using promoted gig feature in February which was also very good and hit the highest amount even though i got my biggest orders highest valuse orders in February and got the biggest tip. Every thing was good then promoted gig turns to not promoted and the next think my gigs on last page.

I hope this will change soon but do not wait for it you are the seller you need to do it yourself.

So don’t give up just learn and always improve yourself.

I hate reading posts like this because my mind goes in two very different directions.
Direction 1: That’s awful, how can they do that to such a successful seller. What is the logic? Etc etc etc.

Direction 2: wow, 5 years of good rankings and orders and this is the first time he’s been put to the back? :Insert Jealous emoji:

So my condolences and I know it’s hard to fathom Fiverr at times, however, it may be a time where you could focus your attention on your away from Fiverr business and promote yourself off-Fiverr. I think that’s something everyone should be doing anyway as the Fiverr gods shine bright on people until they don’t and when they don’t is when you will appreciate the work you did to build up off Fiverr clients.

Exact same thing happened to me just before Christmas. Impressions fell off a cliff and no one had any answers as to why. My stats, both recorded in Fiverr and my own recording, showed order/impression levels were my worst in the 11 years I’ve been on Fiverr.

Something is definitely going on in the back-end.I’ve heard people say it’s related to private feedback (there are 1 public and 2 private feedback opportunities) having a bigger impact.

The more and more Fiverr control our work patterns and search placements, the less I feel like a freelancer and the more I feel like a small worker cog in a big corporate machine… the thing most freelancers try to avoid!

Exact same thing happened to me just before Christmas. Impressions fell off a cliff and no one had any answers as to why. My stats, both recorded in Fiverr and my own recording, showed order/impression levels were my worst in the 11 years I’ve been on Fiverr.

Something is definitely going on in the back-end.I’ve heard people say it’s related to private feedback (there are 1 public and 2 private feedback opportunities) having a bigger impact.

The more and more Fiverr control our work patterns and search placements, the less I feel like a freelancer and the more I feel like a small worker cog in a big corporate machine… the thing most freelancers try to avoid!

And you’re right: check Frank’s latest thread, which has some really BTS insight on the new search/seller evaluation engine. Great read.

Post is up!

Hello,

I cant find the post. Can you please share the link?

Sure.

Hey everyone! [frank hello] A disclaimer: The following post/article is not an official Fiverr statement. It’s a summary of my personal observations over how Fiverr works and I am sharing because I noticed that more and more sellers come here, stating that they “lost their ranking”. This is my effort to provide them with some answers and some food for thought. Hold up. Fiverr 3.0? If Fiverr’s early days (the wild wild west days) was Fiverr 1.0 and we count the facelift in 2014 (I think?) a…

1784317998_frankhello.gif.dd944937594d7f9367527e1c5ef7b7f1.gif

I see your problem and suspect we are similar, or at least I am heading toward the same place! I can only hope it is temporary. I also hit $13k for the first time in February ($14k) and have had very little exposure since. I wonder if there comes a point at which people’s gigs are deemed too successful, ha. Are we being punished for being able to sell? 🙂

It is certainly weird. I have been blaming the fact that I know what to do to update and improve my gigs and I know my gigs are sadly lacking in many regards now, since there have been so many tweaks on Fiverr lately. Changes in categories have been a nuisance and do not work intuitively in some cases. However, I am still flat out doing the work generated in February so I simply have no opportunity to make the necessary updates or to add new gigs, and meanwhile, I see my two top-selling gigs plummet.

But one thing that is encouraging is that your new book titles gig is gaining traction. This maybe supports my supposition that ‘new’ is preferred and innovation and fresh material will pull our other gigs gradually back upward. I think we need to innovate more and keep our gigs fresh.

Thanks for the encouraging words. Just to add, the book titles gig is not new. I just updated it. I’ll probably have to analyze what’s different with it compared to other gigs.

I do believe having fresh visuals and text is already a thing on Fiverr and that it pays to keep everything up to date. And I’m the first to admit my gigs were getting a bit outdated. So this whole thing might actually turn into a good thing and a learning experience. 😉

I hate reading posts like this because my mind goes in two very different directions.

Direction 1: That’s awful, how can they do that to such a successful seller. What is the logic? Etc etc etc.

Direction 2: wow, 5 years of good rankings and orders and this is the first time he’s been put to the back? :Insert Jealous emoji:

So my condolences and I know it’s hard to fathom Fiverr at times, however, it may be a time where you could focus your attention on your away from Fiverr business and promote yourself off-Fiverr. I think that’s something everyone should be doing anyway as the Fiverr gods shine bright on people until they don’t and when they don’t is when you will appreciate the work you did to build up off Fiverr clients.

Thanks mate.

I do believe that one of the reasons why I was so successful on the platform is that I promoted my gigs outside of Fiverr. My growth is directly correlated with my marketing efforts. This could be a coincidence, but I don’t think it is.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

And yes, I do agree with you. I’m not really feeling the “free” part of being a “freelancer”.

Private feedback was the first thing I considered when this happened. But it doesn’t really make sense. I don’t think people leave a 5-star public review and a bad private review. I’m almost positive there’s a strong correlation between public and private reviews.

Plus, there’s so many of us going through the same thing.

Thanks Frank.

I understand that this isn’t random and that there had to be a trigger. But that’s hard to understand from my point of view. No negative reviews, no warnings, no nothing. Yet I had bad experiences in the past and that never really impacted my rankings.

And I would understand if one of the gigs got pushed back. But it’s my whole profile.

What really makes no sense is that most of the top sellers in the category got pushed back. It’s not just me. You can go to the business names and slogans category and check the gigs ranking on the first page. There are a few pro gigs. But the rest is made of questionable gigs with very poor grammar and filled with stock photos.

But I know firsthand that there are excellent sellers that used to rank next to me.

It’s hard to rely on Fiverr with things like that. I was on podcasts and always recommend Fiverr as a great option for sellers. But I’m not sure what to think now based on the latest events…

This is happening across the board. I am pulling my hair trying to get a human answer. I mail CS every day and every day a new person tells me they “sent it to a dedicated team, etc” No answer for over a month. The “prote your gig” started many issues, and my app and site are behaving erratic. Unread messages, orders not found by clients, last page in ranking. The answer was that the private “review” people leave after gigs had been dropping, but I assure it’s not true. Everyone left me with 5 stars, and all left long texts as reviews. I know every client by name. The algorythms are pushing the new “seller succes program” sellers to the top. Us veterans eat the dust. It’s heartbreaking, this is my only source of income. I urge everyone to point fiverr in the direction of these forum posts

Sorry to hear this, We’ve worked on a few gigs together in the past and I know how frustrating this is, it happened to me on the 15th gone from trending on the cat page to last and zero orders or messages and not really having a clear answer on the matter, consider myself and a few others have been on fiverr since the very start with gross earning of 1.8 million, mine have just started to come back but not in the old place, without making a wild assumption i believe this is down to private feedback from buyers and probably a new algo they did an A/B test on which would make sense as ours were different days but this is a wild guess and not backup with any proof, anyway I hope it resolves itself for you, if there is one thing that has come out of this is it’s made me realise I need my eggs in more than one basket and not become complacent.

Sorry to hear this, We’ve worked on a few gigs together in the past and I know how frustrating this is, it happened to me on the 15th gone from trending on the cat page to last and zero orders or messages and not really having a clear answer on the matter, consider myself and a few others have been on fiverr since the very start with gross earning of 1.8 million, mine have just started to come back but not in the old place, without making a wild assumption i believe this is down to private feedback from buyers and probably a new algo they did an A/B test on which would make sense as ours were different days but this is a wild guess and not backup with any proof, anyway I hope it resolves itself for you, if there is one thing that has come out of this is it’s made me realise I need my eggs in more than one basket and not become complacent.

Yep, you’re correct. I do a SWOT analysis of my business at the end of every year and every year I write down that I’m too reliant on Fiverr. This was the first year when I said that Fiverr is growing and that since they gave me a mentor they have big goals with me. And that being too reliant on Fiverr isn’t a bad thing anymore. Talk about sarcasm right? 😂

Archived