From Best Month Ever ($13.000) to Being Pushed to Last Page (ZERO messages)

trafficspurt

This is happening across the board. I am pulling my hair trying to get a human answer. I mail CS every day and every day a new person tells me they “sent it to a dedicated team, etc” No answer for over a month. The “prote your gig” started many issues, and my app and site are behaving erratic. Unread messages, orders not found by clients, last page in ranking. The answer was that the private “review” people leave after gigs had been dropping, but I assure it’s not true. Everyone left me with 5 stars, and all left long texts as reviews. I know every client by name. The algorythms are pushing the new “seller succes program” sellers to the top. Us veterans eat the dust. It’s heartbreaking, this is my only source of income. I urge everyone to point fiverr in the direction of these forum posts

Please see my answer to you in the "Welcome to the New Fiverr 3.0 thread. 🙂

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My gig impression for 30 days compared to Last 7days

what is not happening? someone advise

I do social media promotion like i used to do before…My gig seems to be either on the last page recently or totally invisible.

How can i approach this?

Social media promotion wont help in this . What you are facing is profile rotation which several of us are already facing

Have you seen any improvement on this yet? This happened to my account because of going into “out of office” mode during an emergency situation over a month ago, and now my impression stats are flatlined. I’m on the last page, and business is reflecting that, so I don’t think it’s just a “what I’m seeing on my particular search results” kind of thing. My inbox messages + incoming business are very notable when the impressions are actually being served.
There was a boost the other week for 5 days, but then it completely fell off again out of nowhere. This has never happened before since joining in 2013.
I’ve read all about the Fiverr 3.0 post, and am really not sure what is going wrong. I’m doing everything fast/early, and making sure customers are happy with their product. It’s getting very concerning. For the first time on the platform in 8 years, I’m worried about our income.
This isn’t making sense. This exact situation with “out of office” happened to another top seller and she isn’t getting any answers either.

Have you seen any improvement on this yet? This happened to my account because of going into “out of office” mode during an emergency situation over a month ago, and now my impression stats are flatlined. I’m on the last page, and business is reflecting that, so I don’t think it’s just a “what I’m seeing on my particular search results” kind of thing. My inbox messages + incoming business are very notable when the impressions are actually being served.

There was a boost the other week for 5 days, but then it completely fell off again out of nowhere. This has never happened before since joining in 2013.

I’ve read all about the Fiverr 3.0 post, and am really not sure what is going wrong. I’m doing everything fast/early, and making sure customers are happy with their product. It’s getting very concerning. For the first time on the platform in 8 years, I’m worried about our income.

This isn’t making sense. This exact situation with “out of office” happened to another top seller and she isn’t getting any answers either.

The same thing happened to me after being in out of office for about 6 days last year, messages and orders came back slowly but surely after the 3rd or 4th week!

I do social media promotion like i used to do before…My gig seems to be either on the last page recently or totally invisible.

How can i approach this?

Fiverr calculates the number of cancellations for the past 60 days. It seems you had 15% of the orders canceled within the past 30 days, so I can assume you canceled even more during the last 60 days. Canceled orders push you towards the back, so… You have your answer. I noticed that whenever you have a lot of cancellations, they will just remove your gig from search, until you don’t have as many cancellations.

This is exactly what happened to me. All of my gigs were pushed to the last page of search results and I was disqualified from Fiverr Ads. I had no cancellations, no late delivery, no negative feedback, no warnings, nothing.

I created a support request with the CS and they emphasized it was gig rotation and search results are personalized to every specific user. They suggested to promote on social media and check the buyer request section.

Additionally, they suggested that you can add upto 3 images, a video and .pdf file to showcase your work to potential buyers. They also suggested to deliver great work on time and be responsive to buyers.

After hearing this from CS, I realized that I haven’t updated my gig in months and this was bound to happen. I immediately updated my gig and added 3 images, 2 pdf files. I already had a video, but I made another one and uploaded it. I had one or two buyer messages, I responded to them quickly and converted them both into sales.

Doing all this, I got a notification after 2-3 days that my gigs were promotable again. I checked my rankings, and they were restored.

Best,
Shashant

This is exactly what happened to me. All of my gigs were pushed to the last page of search results and I was disqualified from Fiverr Ads. I had no cancellations, no late delivery, no negative feedback, no warnings, nothing.

I created a support request with the CS and they emphasized it was gig rotation and search results are personalized to every specific user. They suggested to promote on social media and check the buyer request section.

Additionally, they suggested that you can add upto 3 images, a video and .pdf file to showcase your work to potential buyers. They also suggested to deliver great work on time and be responsive to buyers.

After hearing this from CS, I realized that I haven’t updated my gig in months and this was bound to happen. I immediately updated my gig and added 3 images, 2 pdf files. I already had a video, but I made another one and uploaded it. I had one or two buyer messages, I responded to them quickly and converted them both into sales.

Doing all this, I got a notification after 2-3 days that my gigs were promotable again. I checked my rankings, and they were restored.

Best,

Shashant

Yes same thing happened with me i updated the gigs with new images and video and got dome orders from buyer requests niw my gig is agsin promoted.

So just improve yourself and wait for the right time.

Yes same thing happened with me i updated the gigs with new images and video and got dome orders from buyer requests niw my gig is agsin promoted.

How long did it take for you impressions to come back after updating your Gigs?

For how long did it stay like this for you? i Know some sellers who did nothing and yet it got solved for them

For how long did it stay like this for you? i Know some sellers who did nothing and yet it got solved for them

Can someone tell me how to qualify for gig promotion or how to promote a gig here? i mean the type of promotion the op is talking about.

Does editing gig change it status? From last page?

Where Exactly did you edit?

How can i approach this?

You can check your price section

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, I just wanted to pop in and add to this thread… I also had a great month (not as great as the OP but great for me) and then suddenly the whole thing tanked and its’ been that way for three weeks now.

Here’s what I think is going on.

Public reviews don’t mean squat anymore and they don’t impact ranking. That all comes from your private reviews. Because our customers think that the review is private and won’t cause anything, they have a tendency to be more “brutally honest” and will give lower scores. I think the more popular you get, the higher the chance that you’ll get a “brutal” review from someone and that is going to tank your rank.

One of the questions in the private review is about whether you would recommend the gig to other buyers. If you get too many negative responses on that question, thats when they tank you.

What bothers me about this is that I believe in the value of constructive feedback and I really think it’s horrific that Fiverr is collecting feedback to use against us, but not sharing it with us so that we can actually take steps to improve. I think the whole process is two faced and basically means that sellers on Fiverr will never have any control over our own destiny.

The worst part is that this system makes it really easy for other sellers in our niches to take action against their competition. Buy a couple of cheap gigs, leave crappy reviews and bang, away goes your competitors for 60 days.

Hey folks, I just wanted to pop in and add to this thread… I also had a great month (not as great as the OP but great for me) and then suddenly the whole thing tanked and its’ been that way for three weeks now.

Public reviews don’t mean squat anymore and they don’t impact ranking. That all comes from your private reviews. Because our customers think that the review is private and won’t cause anything, they have a tendency to be more “brutally honest” and will give lower scores. I think the more popular you get, the higher the chance that you’ll get a “brutal” review from someone and that is going to tank your rank.

One of the questions in the private review is about whether you would recommend the gig to other buyers. If you get too many negative responses on that question, thats when they tank you.

What bothers me about this is that I believe in the value of constructive feedback and I really think it’s horrific that Fiverr is collecting feedback to use against us, but not sharing it with us so that we can actually take steps to improve. I think the whole process is two faced and basically means that sellers on Fiverr will never have any control over our own destiny.

The worst part is that this system makes it really easy for other sellers in our niches to take action against their competition. Buy a couple of cheap gigs, leave crappy reviews and bang, away goes your competitors for 60 days.

This is one of the theories I came with after reading all those threads in the forum, Agreed!

there are very less chances that a person who has given you 5 star public review will give a bad review so its extremely rare.

Also if you are having a good month and on average for example you get 30 orders.

Suppose 3 gave extremely bad private review 27 still are there to take care of it.

I’m late to this thread but experiencing the same thing now. Although my best month so far was $5000, nowhere near your cracking $13,000. I’ve had steady orders for months on end, only weekends being quiet. I’d often need to extend delivery times to keep up and now it’s tumbleweeds. In the last 2 weeks, I’ve had 4 orders and 2 of those were one of my regular clients who ordered again yesterday. I had some custom offer requests and they went nowhere. All this since I started in the seller plus program too and I’m paying to promote my gig 🙂

I’m going to apply for pro here and then just leave it alone and see what happens. I’m focussing most of my energy on building up my career in general but I will never leave my “fate” in the hands of the Fiverr platform, or any other for that matter, it’s far too unpredictable. I am very grateful for what Fiverr has done for me and that I have the chance to earn here, but never knowing if I’ll take home $300 or $5000 is nuts.

Hey guys! I’m a little late here. I went also through this issue and I found a solution, or at least it worked for me.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Suddenly, my gigs didn’t show up on the search results. I was getting like 5-6 orders per week, to end up being 10 days without any order at all. I had a problem with a client who asked for non-sense revisions, one hour before the delivery was marked as complete. And he did this three times. So, a job that was supposed to be easily delivered, took me almost ten days to be completed.

What I did was:

.Updated my description of the gig
.Deleted the video of my gig and reuploaded with another title
.Created a Facebook post making sure that the link of my gig was there and published it in every Facebook Group I was able to
.Left the Gig Promotion active

After a day or two, the gig was back on the track, appearing again on the search results and having the same ammount of orders and impressions I had before.

Before doing any of these things, make sure to search for your gig in Fiverr. If it doesn’t shows up, maybe you have to follow these steps.

Hope this helps!

Hey guys! I’m a little late here. I went also through this issue and I found a solution, or at least it worked for me.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Suddenly, my gigs didn’t show up on the search results. I was getting like 5-6 orders per week, to end up being 10 days without any order at all. I had a problem with a client who asked for non-sense revisions, one hour before the delivery was marked as complete. And he did this three times. So, a job that was supposed to be easily delivered, took me almost ten days to be completed.

What I did was:

.Updated my description of the gig

.Deleted the video of my gig and reuploaded with another title

.Created a Facebook post making sure that the link of my gig was there and published it in every Facebook Group I was able to

.Left the Gig Promotion active

After a day or two, the gig was back on the track, appearing again on the search results and having the same ammount of orders and impressions I had before.

Before doing any of these things, make sure to search for your gig in Fiverr. If it doesn’t shows up, maybe you have to follow these steps.

Hope this helps!

2115773232_Screenshot2021-04-19at15_18_16.thumb.png.7758297cffc2a00b1b9d4261db7a2be0.png
Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 15.18.162466×628 61.7 KB

I finally recovered! (well… a bit at least!)

Yes , most people think its gig rotation but in reality its complete profile rotation . Facing similar issue from almost 2 months and have received 0 new messages since then . Do not know how to rank it back up

how ?? Your gig depends of your profile ? if you change your profile you can change in a positive or negative way your gig ?

That does make sense, I’ve seen a lot of discussion about private reviews on the forum lately. I like you think constructive critism is good for everyone, like it or not its how we all learn and grow as individuals.

The more I learn about how Fiverr works, the more I want to leave to be honest.

The whole system is (for a lack of a better term) rigged against sellers. Between the gig roations, private reviews, unfair cancellations and sellers being penalised for buyers neglect - I don’t even know what to say anymore.

Archived