From Best Month Ever ($13.000) to Being Pushed to Last Page (ZERO messages)

trafficspurt

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that seemed to trigger my recovery was a purchase from an old buyer that I’ve done quite a few gigs for. The two events line up far too well (although correlation doesn’t equal causation and all that, it’s hard not to see a pattern!)

That’s good, a lot of people have been saying repeat buyer have helped them bounce back.

Hey folks, I just wanted to pop in and add to this thread… I also had a great month (not as great as the OP but great for me) and then suddenly the whole thing tanked and its’ been that way for three weeks now.

Here’s what I think is going on.

Public reviews don’t mean squat anymore and they don’t impact ranking. That all comes from your private reviews. Because our customers think that the review is private and won’t cause anything, they have a tendency to be more “brutally honest” and will give lower scores. I think the more popular you get, the higher the chance that you’ll get a “brutal” review from someone and that is going to tank your rank.

One of the questions in the private review is about whether you would recommend the gig to other buyers. If you get too many negative responses on that question, thats when they tank you.

What bothers me about this is that I believe in the value of constructive feedback and I really think it’s horrific that Fiverr is collecting feedback to use against us, but not sharing it with us so that we can actually take steps to improve. I think the whole process is two faced and basically means that sellers on Fiverr will never have any control over our own destiny.

The worst part is that this system makes it really easy for other sellers in our niches to take action against their competition. Buy a couple of cheap gigs, leave crappy reviews and bang, away goes your competitors for 60 days.

Public reviews don’t mean squat anymore and they don’t impact ranking. That all comes from your private reviews.

That’s not true. I saw competitors that had bad reviews and which were pushed to the back. No one knows for sure, but I don’t expect private reviews to be more relevant than public reviews. They both impact ranking equally, most likely. But again, we can only speculate.

Because our customers think that the review is private and won’t cause anything, they have a tendency to be more “brutally honest” and will give lower scores.

Anyone with a brain understands that a review is a review, no matter if it’s private or not.

Fiverr is collecting feedback to use against us

They’re not. Your buyer is against you if he shares a negative review. Fiverr just collects private feedback as well as regular feedback. If it’s bad or good, they don’t care 🙂

Public reviews don’t mean squat anymore and they don’t impact ranking. That all comes from your private reviews.

That’s not true. I saw competitors that had bad reviews and which were pushed to the back. No one knows for sure, but I don’t expect private reviews to be more relevant than public reviews. They both impact ranking equally, most likely. But again, we can only speculate.

Because our customers think that the review is private and won’t cause anything, they have a tendency to be more “brutally honest” and will give lower scores.

Anyone with a brain understands that a review is a review, no matter if it’s private or not.

Fiverr is collecting feedback to use against us

They’re not. Your buyer is against you if he shares a negative review. Fiverr just collects private feedback as well as regular feedback. If it’s bad or good, they don’t care 🙂

I suggest you take the time to go and read The Culture Map by Erin Meyer. It’s really interesting and talks about the differences in cultures. Some people are happy to leave a negative review, but others would never criticise someone in public. Sure it’s possible to have negative public reviews but they would also have negative private reviews too. Yet time and time again we see people who are doing great, have great response rates, great review scores but somehow they vanish from the listings for no good reason. The only thing left that can be impacting ranking is the private reviews.

Of course… none of us have any evidence. We can’t have. It’s all behind the scenes at Fiverr and they’re never going to tell us how they rank things because the first thing everyone would do is try and game it!

I suggest you take the time to go and read The Culture Map by Erin Meyer. It’s really interesting and talks about the differences in cultures. Some people are happy to leave a negative review, but others would never criticise someone in public. Sure it’s possible to have negative public reviews but they would also have negative private reviews too. Yet time and time again we see people who are doing great, have great response rates, great review scores but somehow they vanish from the listings for no good reason. The only thing left that can be impacting ranking is the private reviews.

Of course… none of us have any evidence. We can’t have. It’s all behind the scenes at Fiverr and they’re never going to tell us how they rank things because the first thing everyone would do is try and game it!

I actually think that while Fiverr will never tell us the exact formula, through simple observation one can uncover a large piece of the puzzle.

You are correct when saying that public reviews don’t matter anymore.

Private reviews outrank them now when your efficiency is calculated.

However, it’s not something Fiverr is “holding against you”. Fiverr is trying to find out who is performing well based on the criteria that they themselves have set for the platform.

There was one tidal shift, so obvious and yet very few have caught on thus far.

I think it’s because everyone is obsessed with “ranking” and how they “lost” their placement.

The game has changed considerably. And Fiverr’s only fault is not clueing us in.

I actually think that while Fiverr will never tell us the exact formula, through simple observation one can uncover a large piece of the puzzle.

You are correct when saying that public reviews don’t matter anymore.

Private reviews outrank them now when your efficiency is calculated.

However, it’s not something Fiverr is “holding against you”. Fiverr is trying to find out who is performing well based on the criteria that they themselves have set for the platform.

There was one tidal shift, so obvious and yet very few have caught on thus far.

I think it’s because everyone is obsessed with “ranking” and how they “lost” their placement.

The game has changed considerably. And Fiverr’s only fault is not clueing us in.

And Fiverr’s only fault is not clueing us in.

Or it might be the best thing they are doing right now.

Would you imagine how many sellers would try to game the system, knowing how it works? It’s better this way, honestly.

As for private reviews, it’s hard to tell whether they are more important than public reviews. I am pretty sure public reviews are still very important, since most of these people that complain about being deranked tend to have a negative review or two within the past 2 months. But then again, who knows.

And Fiverr’s only fault is not clueing us in.

Or it might be the best thing they are doing right now.

Would you imagine how many sellers would try to game the system, knowing how it works? It’s better this way, honestly.

As for private reviews, it’s hard to tell whether they are more important than public reviews. I am pretty sure public reviews are still very important, since most of these people that complain about being deranked tend to have a negative review or two within the past 2 months. But then again, who knows.

As for private reviews, it’s hard to tell whether they are more important than public reviews. I am pretty sure public reviews are still very important,

You are looking at this the wrong way:

as those sellers who got a negative public review, most definitely also got a scathing private one as well.

Private reviews now weigh more than public ones. At least for this new performance calculator anyway.

As for my quote above: I didn’t mean that Fiverr should tell us how things work.

But the thing they changed is pretty important and they should have told us about this drastic change in performance calculations.

I am talking about something very specific, that I have hinted at multiple times via my posts.

P.S. I’m sorry I had to edit my reply as wording seemed a bit too harsh after reading it.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

You can change your delivery time of your gig whenever you want by editing the gig. There’s no backlash. But I mean for new orders, not changing it the delivery time of open orders unless absolutely necessary.

Have you seen any improvement on this yet? This happened to my account because of going into “out of office” mode during an emergency situation over a month ago, and now my impression stats are flatlined. I’m on the last page, and business is reflecting that, so I don’t think it’s just a “what I’m seeing on my particular search results” kind of thing. My inbox messages + incoming business are very notable when the impressions are actually being served.

There was a boost the other week for 5 days, but then it completely fell off again out of nowhere. This has never happened before since joining in 2013.

I’ve read all about the Fiverr 3.0 post, and am really not sure what is going wrong. I’m doing everything fast/early, and making sure customers are happy with their product. It’s getting very concerning. For the first time on the platform in 8 years, I’m worried about our income.

This isn’t making sense. This exact situation with “out of office” happened to another top seller and she isn’t getting any answers either.

That has happened to me too. I was “out of office” for four days and then I didn’t had any buyers for 2 weeks!

I finally recovered! (well… a bit at least!)

It’s relieving to see that you’ve bounced back as I’m facing a similar issue. I was faced with an accidental warning and demotion and my sales have tanked since then.

Although my impressions and clicks are the usual.

I think I’m being sent low quality traffic that arne’t as likely to convert because my gig is now seen as low value.

I say this because the only buyers I get are people who’s previous buys are from low ranking sellers or ar new to the site. I get no top buyers or VID’s anymore which was the bulk of my customers.

I think this too because when I search for a gig in a similiar category I’ve bought before, all the top rows are high ranked sellers. So it’s like fiverr sees I’m likely to buy. based off my buying habits, so gives me the best sellers.

However, when I search for soemthing I’d never even consider buying, all the top rows are lower ranked buyers. So it’s like they are like… this person is not likely to buy, lets send them to the low ranking sellers so where not wasting our good leads on sellers that are more likely to cancel or give customer a bad experience.

It would make sense for fiverr to do this to ensure they are not wasting their good leads (that are determined of buying habits) on people that are more likely to lose the sale or put the buyer off the site.

As for private reviews, it’s hard to tell whether they are more important than public reviews. I am pretty sure public reviews are still very important,

You are looking at this the wrong way:

as those sellers who got a negative public review, most definitely also got a scathing private one as well.

Private reviews now weigh more than public ones. At least for this new performance calculator anyway.

As for my quote above: I didn’t mean that Fiverr should tell us how things work.

But the thing they changed is pretty important and they should have told us about this drastic change in performance calculations.

I am talking about something very specific, that I have hinted at multiple times via my posts.

P.S. I’m sorry I had to edit my reply as wording seemed a bit too harsh after reading it.

Yeah I agree. The algorithm change makes sense and is fair imo, more so than the SEO approach. But they really should have told us. If they told us these new metrics changes it would have pushed many sellers to improve their performance in the areas changed to stay on top, overall increasing customer satisfaction. And there’s so many sellers that won’t have seen your thread and still don’t know about the changes. So yeah they’ve made the changes but they’ve missed a huge benefit they could have gained by telling sellers this - incentivizing them to improve on the new metrics.

I wish there was some kind of counter to track these new metrics like we currently have with completion rate etc. Or at least some kind of “ranking level” that we can work towards improving. It would give us something to aim for and constantly improve upon, rather than just seeing our sales tank and not knowing why. I’d like to think fiverr would want to see their sellers try to improve their satisfaction rate and performance, and by giving them something to go off, they know exactly how to improve. It would also save the thousands of customer support tickets they must get that are like “why isn’t my gig isn’t ranking anymore” etc.

That has happened to me too. I was “out of office” for four days and then I didn’t had any buyers for 2 weeks!

It finally bounced back and is holding steady after making sure to regularly respond to everything very quickly, including revisions! Average response time is now about 1 hour. Fiverr likes quick responses for sure! Good to know that it’s something you can recover from overtime, thank goodness!

I have the exact same problem. I sell on fiverr since 2015. I am a level 2 seller with more than 2000 reviews. All my stats are 100%. I have no cancelations or warnings. My gigs are some of the best selling on their categories and used to be on first pages. But for the last year or so, all my gigs moved to last pages, under gigs with no or bad reviews. Every several months, my gigs may appear back on first pages, where they deserve to be, but they stay there only for 3 days maximum. Last time this happened was about a month ago, when I was invited in promoted gigs feature. Then, after 2 days my gigs were not qualified to promote anymore and at the same time all my gigs moved to last pages again without having any change in my performance as a seller.

I just received this message as well (Not promotable (Unqualified)).

I’m one of the best sellers on my category, 8300+ reviews on my best gig, everything 100%, receiving messages and orders everyday, I forget the last time I received anything below 5 stars and now my gig is nowhere to be found.

I just received this message as well (Not promotable (Unqualified)).

I’m one of the best sellers on my category, 8300+ reviews on my best gig, everything 100%, receiving messages and orders everyday, I forget the last time I received anything below 5 stars and now my gig is nowhere to be found.

Same here I am facing this issues from Feb 1

how ?? Your gig depends of your profile ? if you change your profile you can change in a positive or negative way your gig ?

No ,

what I meant to say was , fiverr does not do gig rotation . They do complete profile rotation . All of your gigs go down to last page when you are in the rotation

• 1 month later...

Well… once again my gigs are down. I got about five or six gigs after things picked up and then it all crashed again for a few weeks. This week I got a whopping one gig and it was the first one for weeks. I give up. I can’t rely on Fiverr, I can’t take any action to improve because customers don’t give any useful feedback in a format I can access. I’m pausing all my gigs and I’m going to enjoy my summer without Fiverr dumping on me. Maybe I’ll come back later in the year.

Well… once again my gigs are down. I got about five or six gigs after things picked up and then it all crashed again for a few weeks. This week I got a whopping one gig and it was the first one for weeks. I give up. I can’t rely on Fiverr, I can’t take any action to improve because customers don’t give any useful feedback in a format I can access. I’m pausing all my gigs and I’m going to enjoy my summer without Fiverr dumping on me. Maybe I’ll come back later in the year.

I’m in the exact same place… I’ve had one order from one of my Gigs and now all of my impressions/clicks are down even though I’ve been online most of the day fairly consistantly.

• 2 months later...

It happens 2nd time with me in last 2 months where Gigs are Unqualified for Promotion and have Pushed back to the last Pages. Attached is screenshot. My all Stats are 100%. This is completely Unfair. How we can grow as sellers if we sit on last pages . I think Fiverr should fix this as this has affected many sellers.

Impression.PNG

Archived