• Pricing your service
    • Overcoming client objections
    • Finding leads
    • Customer service framework
    • No lecture, just AMA please.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

should I do it or polietly let the buyer know they should ask from the original seller…

Well that’s not only an ethical issue, but also a practical one.

I get messages of people straight up sending me another seller’s gig and then asking if I can make that video as well. To which I respond: “why not contact the seller who actually makes that type of video?”

It raises a red flag for me personally. Like if they got the JPEG but didn’t get the vector, maybe they were unwilling to pay for it. Maybe they were treating the other seller badly and they just stopped responding.

Reproducing another persons logo is a big NO-NO for me. You shouldn’t do it.

But always look into why that buyer didn’t get what they needed from the other seller.

I think there’s a story there as well.

Thank you for your response.

Most of the time, the buyer was unwilling give more or read the seller’s gig description properly has been the cause.

I normally don’t do logo, but I get a lot of requests for flyers to be reproduced to high resolution with print quality…

I will take your advice, as I also felt it’s unethical to recreate them. 🙂

Any ideas yet on what your next talk will be about? I felt like I was in fiverr college.

Next time we get someone asking how to get sales we can give them that link.

I felt like I was in fiverr college.

Fiverr U? That sounds like something!

What @mjensen415 and I talked about was maybe organizing things a bit better next time around, so we’ll definitely come up with a list of subjects together, so he can jump in as well and take a few questions as part of the Fiverr team.

But I will definitely come up with an interesting list of subjects, keeping in mind what questions I see dominating the forum.

Only at the times you leaned away from the mic, but I also had to keep my volume down.

Edit: Clarification, the sound was great. There was a small echo, but that was negligible.

Just looking to see if there were technical issues, this was literally the first time I did any of this, and I’m sure it wasn’t technically perfect. Just trying to figure what to correct for next time.

I also tend to mumble a lot when I’m tired, ao there’s always that. 🙂

I will definitely look into captions if there’s some automated way to add them.

Just looking to see if there were technical issues, this was literally the first time I did any of this, and I’m sure it wasn’t technically perfect. Just trying to figure what to correct for next time.

You can have auto-generated, but they’re not perfect. If you choose, you can also have the video open for community contribution.

Anyone, I mean any viewer, can add subtitles to any video on youtube. It’s in the little setting icon on the bottom right of each video.

Hehe, if I get to contribute, would you like me to credit the opening music and add a jump-to time for the stream start-point? (Or do you plan to put those in the video description?)

The opening music was purchased for, but was somehow claimed. Not sure what can be done about that so I just muted it.

As for the starting point, sure I can add it to the description.

Thank you for all your help, I definitely need someone who knows how this all works! 🙂

The opening music was purchased for, but was somehow claimed. Not sure what can be done about that so I just muted it.

Thank you for all your help, I definitely need someone who knows how this all works! 🙂

I don’t know how it ALL works, but thanks for the complement!

In that case, I would also mention in the description that the syncing is fixed at 3:10. It’s minor, but it’s an ‘acknowledging the issue’ thing. (And might lead to retention rather than people leaving.)

I don’t know how it ALL works, but thanks for the complement!

In that case, I would also mention in the description that the syncing is fixed at 3:10. It’s minor, but it’s an ‘acknowledging the issue’ thing. (And might lead to retention rather than people leaving.)

Or the audio for that section could be slightly re-positioned in post (or the video adjusted) and so there’d be no need to mention the slight sync thing at that point?

Ah, and here we touch on the ‘I don’t know’ parts. 😁 Videos streamed live, I’m not sure can be edited. I’ve never dealt with that aspect of YouTube before.
If you have access to editing options, I say go for it. If you recorded the video while streaming and are planning to upload that separately, then absolutely edit away! You might have to change the streamed video to unlisted or private, though.

Maybe just use music from the YT creator studio in future? I’m pretty sure copyright claims happen automatically by YT bots comparing music to whats in the YT catalog. If you bought a track elsewhere, they might have just assume you nicked it.

All valid points, maybe fixing using YT editor is best in this case.

Personally, I wouldn’t bother fixing anything in your video. It was more than watchable and you obviously put a lot of work in. In a few months or years, you will also look back anyway an see loads of imperfections.

It’s like when you see an old favorite movie or TV show from years ago and find the filmography and special effects so bad, you wonder how you ever watched it. The same goes for all Youtubers. They naturally improve over time, their editing gets better, and most don’t bother re-editing older videos, as really, you might never stop.

Just give yourself a pat on the back and move on to your next video. Also, maybe monetize your efforts by adding a greenscreen that alternates through discrete ads for select sellers. 😉 - Or a simple portrait wall of framed seller profile pictures and usernames. That could look more classy. :

Of course, you’d need to hand-pick which sellers.

Hey everyone, this is going to be short and to the point.

Without much fanfare, I just noticed I reached an important milestone in my freelancing career:

FIVERR 400K MILESTONE

It’s been a bumpy but exciting time for me, with a steep learning curve.

When I registered on Fiverr I never imagined I would be selling animated videos at a premium.

I am proud for what I accomplished and what I have learned in my journey so far.

My skills as a director, an animator and an illustrator have progressed considerably since I first joined. But what I am most proud of, is how far I have come as a businessman.

During my first few months on Fiverr I realized that establishing a framework is paramount.

Both for how I processed orders and for how I converted leads.

It’s been 7 full years: From frustrated freelancer who blamed the customer, to established seller facilitating ideas and managing client expectations.

I have Fiverr to thank for all of that, and since it’s Fiverr’s 10th anniversary I thought the timing is right to take the next logical step for my career.

I plan to launch a private mentoring group with weekly live lectures/Q&A sessions.

This isn’t a humble brag/service plug post.

I want to do a live AMA session, and offer it to all members of the forum at no cost, no strings attached.

If there’s enough demand, I plan to offer at least 1 free live session per month to all Fiverr members, regardless of whether someone joins my private mentoring group or not. 🙂

I can also do a mini-lecture covering one topic, so please feel free to vote on the poll below, letting me know what we should kick things off with, or if you just want the entire event to be all about your questions.

• Fiverr rankings/algorithm
  • Finding your niche
  • Pricing your service
  • Overcoming client objections
  • Finding leads
  • Customer service framework
  • No lecture, just AMA please.

0voters

Thank you!

As always, if mods think this should be moved, please go right ahead.

would be selling animated videos at a premium.

I am proud for what I accomplished and what I have learned in my journey so far.

My skills as a director, an animator and an illustrator have progressed considerably since I first joined. But what I am most proud of, is how far I have come as a businessman.

During my first few months on Fiverr I realized that establishing a framework is paramount.

Both for how I processed orders and for how I converted leads.

It’s been 7 full years: From frustrated freelancer who blamed the customer, to established seller facilitating ideas and managing client expecta

Really surprised for us

Archived