New Level System

mustafaalibaigm

I think that Fiverr should consider what type of cancellation sellers have and not include harmless ones in overall analytic.

But, since the algorithm is in charge of the evaluation, it seems to me that little can be done on this issue!

Since the system asks for the cancellation reason to be selected from a list or knows when it’s a mutual cancellation, the algorithm for levels could be changed to ignore mutual cancellations or cancellations depending on the selected reason, or make them have less effect, and/or they could lower the “90% completion rate” requirement to achieve various levels.

Are you sure?

If you are, you are telling me that they are ruthlessly clicking and selecting all cancellations and them in the analytics?

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we are all forgetting something…

It appears that Fiverr has changed their default search behavior from being “recommended” to “avg customer review”.

Maybe Fiverr will update the search algorithm to not put as much emphasis on seller levels as much as reviews.

Just a thought!

I just tested but it seems it’s still “Relevance” as default.

Are you sure?

If you are, you are telling me that they are ruthlessly clicking and selecting all cancellations and them in the analytics?

I’m saying Fiverr could (ie. that I think it would be a good idea to) change their levels system and the new algorithm that will set the levels so that things like mutual cancellations or cancellations for a particular reason have no effect or less effect. The system knows when it’s a mutual cancellation etc. and the only thing it won’t be able to do (at least with current tech) is easily interpret the actual text entered. So the data is there if Fiverr wanted to adjust the level system and the requirements for the different levels. ie. they could easily make it that 80% order completion rate instead of 90% is needed or to ignore mutual cancellations. They could also add an option for sellers to have the ability to accept/reject orders before they get placed (without having any/much effect on level eligibility).

Also I think it would be better if there were more than 2 levels and if the level rating was the same for everyone (eg. why only allow people who haven’t yet earned $2K to achieve level 2 when they reach $2K but allow existing level 2 holders to keep the level 2 badge without earning 2K? Also I don’t think gigs should be dropped (or at least not as easily) if going down a level (I assume it just puts some gigs on hold if you did go down a level?). But if they had a level 3 they could make going up levels more achievable - assuming earnings requirements for it and the level 2 were set appropriately - ie,. there would be more of an incentive to go up levels I think.

I agree, we have lives outside of Fiverr. We can’t be responsive 24/7!

Exactly. Some of you work jobs where you have to leave the smartphone in the car, where you can’t check the phone at work.

I miss the old Fiverr, it was more seller-friendly.

Yes I miss the old Fiverr as well! This new system is stressing me out already and it hasn’t even been implemented LOL

I’m saying Fiverr could (ie. that I think it would be a good idea to) change their levels system and the new algorithm that will set the levels so that things like mutual cancellations or cancellations for a particular reason have no effect or less effect. The system knows when it’s a mutual cancellation etc. and the only thing it won’t be able to do (at least with current tech) is easily interpret the actual text entered. So the data is there if Fiverr wanted to adjust the level system and the requirements for the different levels. ie. they could easily make it that 80% order completion rate instead of 90% is needed or to ignore mutual cancellations. They could also add an option for sellers to have the ability to accept/reject orders before they get placed (without having any/much effect on level eligibility).

Also I think it would be better if there were more than 2 levels and if the level rating was the same for everyone (eg. why only allow people who haven’t yet earned $2K to achieve level 2 when they reach $2K but allow existing level 2 holders to keep the level 2 badge without earning 2K? Also I don’t think gigs should be dropped (or at least not as easily) if going down a level (I assume it just puts some gigs on hold if you did go down a level?). But if they had a level 3 they could make going up levels more achievable - assuming earnings requirements for it and the level 2 were set appropriately - ie,. there would be more of an incentive to go up levels I think.

Yes.

Maybe they’ll adjust the system in the direction you are talking about.

Tell buyers that our gigs are non-refundable?

Precisely. The TOS even states that…and I quote. "Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page. Buyers may rate their experience with the seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received."

“Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page. Buyers may rate their experience with the seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.”

That is not my experience. My experience is that if the buyer doesn’t like it and you don’t refund the order, CS will refund the order.

I agree, we have lives outside of Fiverr. We can’t be responsive 24/7!

Exactly. Some of you work jobs where you have to leave the smartphone in the car, where you can’t check the phone at work.

I miss the old Fiverr, it was more seller-friendly.

When was that??? It has ALWAYS leaned in favor of the buyer since I started in 2013.

When was that??? It has ALWAYS leaned in favor of the buyer since I started in 2013.

That’s my experience as well. I did take the TOS rule and saved it as a response, I’ll use it the next time a buyer wants a refund.

I’m also wondering if I can offer him something else? If he doesn’t like my pecan pie, maybe he’ll love my chocolate brownies? I’ll do anything to raise my order completion rate.

You know, it occurs to me that with this new level system, Fiverr could start featuring the top-rated sellers near the top of search results (since they are trying to promote their site as a place to find excellent, proven sellers), since every seller will now have measurable stats and listed requirements to help them rise to that level of proven seller.

I’m not saying that that is what Fiverr will do, but I could certainly see it being a viable course of action. Featuring the proven sellers at the top would be in line with how Fiverr is working to be seen as a high-quality freelance platform. And it would remove the low-quality sellers (such as those with few to no reviews) from having unearned visibility.

Perhaps new individual search results pages for Top Rated sellers, level 2 sellers, and level 1 sellers would be a nice addition, alongside the current “new sellers” page.

That’s my experience as well. I did take the TOS rule and saved it as a response, I’ll use it the next time a buyer wants a refund.

I’m also wondering if I can offer him something else? If he doesn’t like my pecan pie, maybe he’ll love my chocolate brownies? I’ll do anything to raise my order completion rate.

I’ll use it the next time a buyer wants a refund.

Here’s my advice on that. Copy and paste that into every response you give, so that when they contact CS and they take a quick look at the conversation, CS will hopefully be reminded over and over that the TOS actually addresses this.

I respond repeatedly, “no you are not eligible for refund because (xxx) and in addition the FIVERR TOS backs this up when it says… (copy each time)”

I’ll use it the next time a buyer wants a refund.

Here’s my advice on that. Copy and paste that into every response you give, so that when they contact CS and they take a quick look at the conversation, CS will hopefully be reminded over and over that the TOS actually addresses this.

I respond repeatedly, “no you are not eligible for refund because (xxx) and in addition the FIVERR TOS backs this up when it says… (copy each time)”

I’m arguing with a buyer, he made a $50 order, now he’s complaining.

He said “We are paying” but keeps hitting the revision button. His last request said “emailed fiverr.”

What am I supposed to do? Wait for Fiverr to get back to him?

Then Fiverr wonders why we struggle keeping a 90% order completion rate. In the past, I would have refunded him immediately, but now thanks to this ridiculous new rules, I have to waste my time fighting.

Now I have to report him to CS.

I’m arguing with a buyer, he made a $50 order, now he’s complaining.

He said “We are paying” but keeps hitting the revision button. His last request said “emailed fiverr.”

Then Fiverr wonders why we struggle keeping a 90% order completion rate. In the past, I would have refunded him immediately, but now thanks to this ridiculous new rules, I have to waste my time fighting.

Now I have to report him to CS.

OMG, I am going through the same exact issue on a $140 order. Like 10 days ago, he orders and I deliver. There are no modifications included in my gig, yet he keeps pressing “request modification.” I sent him a few offers to buy the mods, but he refuses, and keeps requesting them over and over. I emailed CS and explained the issue, they sent a standard cut n paste reply suggesting that we become friends and take a stroll on the beach.

So, every time he asked for mod, I responded with that reply that says, “The job was done perfectly and my gig states in 4 places that modifications are not included. You continue to argue for free work that is not within the scope of the gig. Further, the FIVERR TOS is quite clear that this is not eligible for cancellation for the following reason (cut n paste from TOS)”

That money is just sitting there. 😎

And by repeatedly quoting the TOS, if fverr someday decides to bone me on this and issue a refund, then I can hound them endlessly for violating their own TOS, and demand to be made whole.

That’s the plan anyway.

I just can’t be bothered with this actually. Fine, do this for six months up to and after someone becomes level 2. In practice, though, this just makes Fiverr literally unusable.

When I moved in July, I was without internet for 5 days and missed 5 max messages. Still, though, my response rate went below 90% and took an age to recover. - And in no way were those 5 messages representative of 10% of the messages I had received in 60 days.

Now I’ll get demoted for that and lose my packages (making it impossible to maintain my earnings for the next 60 days)?

Or I’ll get demoted for that or the likes of the person who just ordered a 1-day delivery gig and told me they will send details when they get home, despite an already 12-hour time difference?

The only way I can see to work with this involves disabling packages in advance, having one fixed price for everything (in anticipation of a sudden level loss), reducing my number of gigs (for the same reason) and putting limits on each for a max of 2 single orders.

I’m not even going to try and work like a hamster on a constant treadmill. This is just grossly insulting and unreasonable.

I just can’t be bothered with this actually. Fine, do this for six months up to and after someone becomes level 2. In practice, though, this just makes Fiverr literally unusable.

When I moved in July, I was without internet for 5 days and missed 5 max messages. Still, though, my response rate went below 90% and took an age to recover. - And in no way were those 5 messages representative of 10% of the messages I had received in 60 days.

Now I’ll get demoted for that and lose my packages (making it impossible to maintain my earnings for the next 60 days)?

Or I’ll get demoted for that or the likes of the person who just ordered a 1-day delivery gig and told me they will send details when they get home, despite an already 12-hour time difference?

The only way I can see to work with this involves disabling packages in advance, having one fixed price for everything (in anticipation of a sudden level loss), reducing my number of gigs (for the same reason) and putting limits on each for a max of 2 single orders.

I’m not even going to try and work like a hamster on a constant treadmill. This is just grossly insulting and unreasonable.

I feel the same. But my point of view is I have already achieved what I wanted to from Fiverr, and am now in a state of happy semi-retirement. I don’t care what happens to me on Fiverr anymore regarding the levels and stuff. If I get orders, will do them to the best of my ability, if I don’t get orders will do something else.

I feel the same. But my point of view is I have already achieved what I wanted to from Fiverr, and am now in a state of happy semi-retirement. I don’t care what happens to me on Fiverr anymore regarding the levels and stuff. If I get orders, will do them to the best of my ability, if I don’t get orders will do something else.

In that case, isn’t your opinion just to harm those that still do care?

No man survives when freedom fails, The best men rot in filthy jails, And those who cry ‘appease, appease’ Are hanged by those they tried to please.

Don’t get too comfortable, Writer. Look at what happened when the real Bruce Wayne did that. Crazy people on drugs came and huffed and puffed and burnt his whole mansion down.

You might want to watch out for that. That and people wearing face paint, aliens with superpowers who moonlight as reporters and, of course, Michelle Pfeiffer.

No man survives when freedom fails, The best men rot in filthy jails, And those who cry ‘appease, appease’ Are hanged by those they tried to please.

Don’t get too comfortable, Writer. Look at what happened when the real Bruce Wayne did that. Crazy people on drugs came and huffed and puffed and burnt his whole mansion down.

You might want to watch out for that. That and people wearing face paint, aliens with superpowers who moonlight as reporters and, of course, Michelle Pfeiffer.

Who is appeasing anything - I control my own life, my happiness or lack of it is not connected to external factors. Anway, gotta go, have to do 20,000 words next 36 hours!

Who is appeasing anything - I control my own life, my happiness or lack of it is not connected to external factors. Anway, gotta go, have to do 20,000 words next 36 hours!

Anway, gotta go, have to do 20,000 words next 36 hours!

Plus the daily swim in Scrooge McDuck money vault, before taking your nightly dose of anti-sense of humor pills, I’m presuming? :)😎

I have a lot to say on this but you clearly need to get back to work mate. Good luck.

Archived