New Level System

mustafaalibaigm

What am I supposed to do? Wait for Fiverr to get back to him?

OMG, I am going through the same exact issue on a $140 order. Like 10 days ago, he orders and I deliver. There are no modifications included in my gig, yet he keeps pressing “request modification.” I sent him a few offers to buy the mods, but he refuses, and keeps requesting them over and over. I emailed CS and explained the issue, they sent a standard cut n paste reply suggesting that we become friends and take a stroll on the beach.

So, every time he asked for mod, I responded with that reply that says, “The job was done perfectly and my gig states in 4 places that modifications are not included. You continue to argue for free work that is not within the scope of the gig. Further, the FIVERR TOS is quite clear that this is not eligible for cancellation for the following reason (cut n paste from TOS)”

That money is just sitting there. 😎

And by repeatedly quoting the TOS, if fverr someday decides to bone me on this and issue a refund, then I can hound them endlessly for violating their own TOS, and demand to be made whole.

That’s the plan anyway.

Just keep resending what you delivered with that message so it becomes a game of wills.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anway, gotta go, have to do 20,000 words next 36 hours!

Plus the daily swim in Scrooge McDuck money vault, before taking your nightly dose of anti-sense of humor pills, I’m presuming? :)😎

Anyway, I’m more worried about winning the Gujarat elections on December 18 and the general election in 2019. That’s more important 👍 [And between that Karnataka election in May 2018, Rajasthan, MP and Chattisgarh in late 2018]

I was in the hospital for four days back in June on morphine the whole time screaming in pain around the clock with no food and no sleep, and still had my phone with me and kept responding to messages that came in. I was back answering messages as soon as they wheeled me out of the operating room.

So if I can do that then there is no excuse for not answering messages unless you are comatose.

What am I supposed to do? Wait for Fiverr to get back to him?

OMG, I am going through the same exact issue on a $140 order. Like 10 days ago, he orders and I deliver. There are no modifications included in my gig, yet he keeps pressing “request modification.” I sent him a few offers to buy the mods, but he refuses, and keeps requesting them over and over. I emailed CS and explained the issue, they sent a standard cut n paste reply suggesting that we become friends and take a stroll on the beach.

So, every time he asked for mod, I responded with that reply that says, “The job was done perfectly and my gig states in 4 places that modifications are not included. You continue to argue for free work that is not within the scope of the gig. Further, the FIVERR TOS is quite clear that this is not eligible for cancellation for the following reason (cut n paste from TOS)”

That money is just sitting there. 😎

And by repeatedly quoting the TOS, if fverr someday decides to bone me on this and issue a refund, then I can hound them endlessly for violating their own TOS, and demand to be made whole.

That’s the plan anyway.

Your experience is educational, 10 days waiting for the buyer to approve the work, plus the 14 days you’ll be waiting to get paid, that’s crazy.

Fiverr needs a no revisions button. I might even be willing to lower my prices just to stop making revisions.

Can someone give me specific advise?

I’m a top seller, and I struggle with delivery.

We do custom songs for people and a lot of times, there’s a ton of back and forth with the buyer. Sometimes it may take 4 or 5 revisions to make them happy, but this means going over the delivery time. Sometimes a buyer will ask for a revision and not tell me what they want revised for 3 days or more! How can I improve my delivery time? 😦

We do custom songs for people and a lot of times, there’s a ton of back and forth with the buyer. Sometimes it may take 4 or 5 revisions to make them happy, but this means going over the delivery time.

Perhaps you could advise them at that point you’re happy to help, but you’ll need them to extend the delivery time (and send them an extension request through the resolution centre each time they revised). You could include something in your FAQ to advise them that revisions will require extra time.

While I do like the update to the level system, I think that there might be serious flaws and most of the damage is going to be in Delivery times. Some of the issues and ideas i can think of are:

1/ There is no Queue system for orders, so if you had 10 open slots and by chance you get 10 orders on the same day, you have to complete all the orders within the same amount of days as if you had 1 order, the orders dont stack.

2/Fiverr don’t take into consideration that you’re human and that you can be come sick. There should be at least a I’m Sick option where you can choose I’m on vacation. Fiverr should be helping us in some way perhaps this could send out a notice to all orders asking for an extension or having some sort of negation from negative stats (Perhaps it could be used 3 times a year to stop abuse)

3/On time delivery status should NOT be the the only factor used here, A customers review also allows delivery time Stars. If your delivery is slightly late and the customer rates 5 stars for delivery, why are you punished? If they are happy? some people dont mind waiting alittle longer.

I feel i’m going to have to hassle my customers now everytime they want revisions to extend the times. I focus on each customer until they are happy and thats why my delivery times can be alittle late, but my overall review percentage is 100 out of 100.

I’m really happy to see parameters around the level requirements and to be honest, I was surprised to see it as 90% for TRS. I would have thought TRS should be higher, say 95%. I know I start to freak out if my percentages drop down (currently at 96% on time, due to people not accepting the extension requests and 97% completed due to cancellations), but I find when my percentages drop down, it kinda spurs me to avoid the rate dropping further and work hard to make sure every order that can be delivered on time or delivered without cancelling, is, so that any issues are not my fault - ie I’m not increasing that percentage from errors/poor time management on my end etc.

Yes, we all get painful buyers or buyers that don’t order correctly etc, which is why fiverr give us the leeway for some cancellations/late deliveries, they aren’t expecting 100% on time/zero cancellations etc. Honestly, I think that if more than 1 in every 10 orders is being either cancelled or delivered late, the seller might need to look at their processes/procedures/gig descriptions etc - ie everything that IS within their control, to try and minimise any issues or change the way they work/communicate with buyers.

Personally, I have experienced that as I put up my minimum rates (similar to @newsmike) the number of problem clients drops off, so there is less need to cancel, or run late with orders from clients not giving all the information etc. Being super clear upfront, in gig descriptions, FAQ’s instructions once they have placed the order etc, helps the clients manage their expectations etc. Yes of course you will still get problem clients and you will still have to cancel etc for pain in the butt situations, but not 1 in 10 orders. If I was in ANY business and giving away 10% of my sales as refunds, I would be looking at my systems and processes to find ways to reduce that as much as possible!

Also - in regard to the $$ to reach TRS yes it is a lot of money, but also, I wouldn’t have been surprised to see it higher - the TRS level is there as a way to show the top sellers, the best and most loyal sellers. If they lower the bar and anyone who has been on fiverr for a few months and earned a few thousand dollars can be a TRS, then the TRS level would be flooded with half or more of all fiverr sellers, which defeats the purpose of the top level and isn’t really fair on the ones who have worked long and hard on fiverr to build up their sales and reputation.

I think the new system could make it tricky for people who only do large projects/larger orders on fiverr as I know some of the benchmarks on the site are still based on order qty, rather than order value, which I think given the changes from fiverr away from $5 orders to high value orders, needs to be looked at, as it could penalise those who earn more, but do less number of orders, even though those freelancers should actually be more valuable to fiverr than freelancers with high numbers of orders, but low sales $$

I think this new system is a great motivator to see tangible benchmarks to aim for and I hope it encourages sellers to improve wherever they can.

Your experience is educational, 10 days waiting for the buyer to approve the work, plus the 14 days you’ll be waiting to get paid, that’s crazy.

Fiverr needs a no revisions button. I might even be willing to lower my prices just to stop making revisions.

Yes, if a gig comes with no revisions, then that button needs to be grayed out.

10 days waiting for the buyer to approve the work, plus the 14 days you’ll be waiting to get paid, that’s crazy.

That money may be in limbo for years, but at least he is not getting the refund. I would consider redelivering from time to time, as @misscrystal suggested, but would want to make sure that is not considered a violation of TOS.

Yes! I’ve just had to revise an entire video for 8 hours due to a buyer sending me an entirely new script after delivery on a gig priced cheaply because I offer no free revisions. - People say send a custom offer but this HARDLY EVER results in anything but hostility because buyers think they are entitled to a revision just because they can push the review button!

10 days waiting for the buyer to approve the work, plus the 14 days you’ll be waiting to get paid, that’s crazy.

That money may be in limbo for years, but at least he is not getting the refund. I would consider redelivering from time to time, as @misscrystal suggested, but would want to make sure that is not considered a violation of TOS.

I’ve done that a few times when they keep asking questions by hitting the revision button and nothing bad happened. Once it went on about ten times.

Yes! I’ve just had to revise an entire video for 8 hours due to a buyer sending me an entirely new script after delivery on a gig priced cheaply because I offer no free revisions. - People say send a custom offer but this HARDLY EVER results in anything but hostility because buyers think they are entitled to a revision just because they can push the review button!

I’ve had this happen a few times and I deal with it by saying Hi xclient, thanks for your requested changes, I am happy to do that for you. The cost for those changes will be $x, as the script was changed after I had completed the work for you, please order from the attached custom offer and I’ll get to work for you.

I also have very clear instructions when they order that any script changes after delivery will result in charges, so please ensure you have triple checked your script to make sure it is correct etc.

That way, if you have to fight it with CS, you can show you’ve clearly let the client know both upfront and at the time they requested the revision, that there will be charges if they want additional changes.

100%!!! This would solve a lot of problems around revisions (as long as it is SUPER clear in the gig description/instructions etc that the gig comes with no revisions)

That am not afraid to do, but someone once said you can be dinged for abusing the delivery button. I should read TOS for that. Anyone familiar?

That am not afraid to do, but someone once said you can be dinged for abusing the delivery button. I should read TOS for that. Anyone familiar?

I had this happen and I kept redelivering with the custom offer for them to pay for the revision, explaining I was happy to make the changes if they paid for the revision and after 2-3 times of back and forth, I just asked CS to step in, explaining the situation and they manually completed the order for me. I was expecting a low rating, but they just never left one.

I had this happen and I kept redelivering with the custom offer for them to pay for the revision, explaining I was happy to make the changes if they paid for the revision and after 2-3 times of back and forth, I just asked CS to step in, explaining the situation and they manually completed the order for me. I was expecting a low rating, but they just never left one.

I just asked CS to step in, explaining the situation and they manually completed the order for me.

You’re a smart businesswoman.

I may try that, but CS is famous for saying "we have no way to make someone accept an order? It could be considered fraud though, because He has requested and then rejected the offer to modify numerous times. I delivered several times and he keeps hitting mods, and asking for cancel.

I’ve had this happen a few times and I deal with it by saying Hi xclient, thanks for your requested changes, I am happy to do that for you. The cost for those changes will be $x, as the script was changed after I had completed the work for you, please order from the attached custom offer and I’ll get to work for you.

I also have very clear instructions when they order that any script changes after delivery will result in charges, so please ensure you have triple checked your script to make sure it is correct etc.

That way, if you have to fight it with CS, you can show you’ve clearly let the client know both upfront and at the time they requested the revision, that there will be charges if they want additional changes.

100%!!! This would solve a lot of problems around revisions (as long as it is SUPER clear in the gig description/instructions etc that the gig comes with no revisions)

Yep, I do exactly all that too. It still doesn’t stop people who don’t want to be reasoned with though.

I may try that, but CS is famous for saying "we have no way to make someone accept an order? It could be considered fraud though, because He has requested and then rejected the offer to modify numerous times. I delivered several times and he keeps hitting mods, and asking for cancel.

I may try that, but CS is famous for saying "we have no way to make someone accept an order?

They didn’t make them, they just completed it - was certainly worth asking. They could tell I had tried my best to help the client and was being reasonable (this was the second revision request - I had actually done the first small one, even though it was a no revision gig, in the interests of customer care…)

Now that I think about it again, I like this new system. This should keep me on an edge and get my focus back into Fiverr. I was losing my focus to politics and stuff. This is good, just like participating in a competitive sport! I love it! [This is just like how it was in my first 2 years! Awesome!]

I’ve had several episodes of that “Response Rate Drop” for no reason at all. Though the customer support were always nice to fix it. One thing I don’t get is, why can’t they just let the seller accept/reject an order request from the buyer? That will help us avoid cancellations in so many cases. It’s so annoying that buyers can order without reading the gigs properly and the cancellation of that effects our levels/ratings.

agree with you 😕 we need order accept/reject system.

Archived