New Level System

mustafaalibaigm

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way to show your true face, Fiverr,

Have you just realized that this is a business and not a charity?

72791_1.png newsmike:

Way to show your true face, Fiverr,

Have you just realized that this is a business and not a charity?

My thoughts exactly, Mike!

People wanted to know what the criteria are for TRS for the longest time, now they’ve gotten the answers and more. Learning how to ADAPT to change in a competitive business 🗺️ world is paramount.

Hello there.

I’m Rafael, and I’m a Level 2 fiverr seller. I just realized a HUGE MISTAKE with this new level system.

I’ll try to be as fast and direct as possible:

I spotted what could be a huge mistake from fiverr, with this new level method. Order Completion Rate.

Making 90% of completion rate to maintain LVL 2, will make fiverr revenues to drop. How do I know this?

Let’s use me as an example:

-Right now my completion rate is 84%, because many orders I sell, I need to charge extra because it will demand a lot of extra time to work, BUT many buyers do not accept, or don’t answer in time, or don’t answer at all. So as honest seller, I cancel the order and refund them.

-Where do I want to get with this:

Normally, when extra charges are needed, 4 each 5 buyers accept my extra charges (75%), which starts from $20 each. If I start to focus on my completion rate, I’ll need to stop these extra charges, so I don’t get my completion rate to drop. So instead doing at least $60 with 5 sales, I’ll start doing $25 with 5 sales (focusing on complete all of them).

As consequence, instead fiverr gets at least $12 with these sales, they will get just $5.

I’m a graduated business manager, I’m pretty sure these new standards are to make more revenues to fiverr site, which is completely normal for a global company as fiverr, but there are a lot of consequences with this which seems not to be studied before applying these changes.

SO MY SUGGESTION: Instead being 90% completion rate, drop it to 80% at max, OR EVEN BETTER, dont make us to complete all of the standards to maintain a level, but at least a part of this. Like, instead getting 90% of each standard, trying to get a 90% of a total.

ALSO, before starting these changes, I suggest to do a “market research” with the best sellers on each category, to know what really happens, instead just reading numbers from statistics, which many are bugged (see below why)

PS: I have 100% of response rate, and fiverr site shows only 98%. It bugs when I receive a spam message. Just to show that it dont work at all.

Right now, for me, it’s easier to Achieve goals to become a TRS, than the goals to maintain my Level 2 (as you can see by the attached image). It makes no sense.

I hope it can open fiverr/sellers eyes, before the “winter comes”.

Thank you,

Rafael.

@nikavoice @newsmike

Exactly, but like in the post I wrote, I have many orders canceled because buyers dont answer or dont accept the extra charge needed. The consequences will drop fiverr revenues.

Normally, when extra charges are needed, 4 each 5 buyers accept my extra charges (75%), which starts from $20 each. If I start to focus on my completion rate, I’ll need to stop these extra charges, so I don’t get my completion rate to drop. So instead doing at least $60 with 5 sales, I’ll start doing $25 with 5 sales (focusing on complete all of them).

As consequence, instead fiverr gets at least $12 with these sales, they will get just $5.

I’ts just business for sure, but not well thought business.

Another consequence is, the overall quality of the services delivered may drop, because sellers will start trying to deliver more orders (which usually would be cancelled, because some limitations) just to maintain the completion rate, so bad ratings will come, and many buyers may never come back to fiverr because these bad experiences.

Pretty brilliant. I think we’ll all be watching our numbers more. Some sellers will being trying to increase project pricing, so they can hit the $2k or $20k figure. For me, with an 88% order completion rate, I’ll be much slower to offer a cancellation to a difficult buyer. Everyone on the platform will be more focused, I think. All of this will help Fiverr’s business, which should help us all.

Pretty brilliant. I think we’ll all be watching our numbers more. Some sellers will being trying to increase project pricing, so they can hit the $2k or $20k figure. For me, with an 88% order completion rate, I’ll be much slower to offer a cancellation to a difficult buyer. Everyone on the platform will be more focused, I think. All of this will help Fiverr’s business, which should help us all.

That’s why I think fiverr should focus on trying to sellers make more profit per order, than trying to make more profit with number of orders

@nikavoice @newsmike

Exactly, but like in the post I wrote, I have many orders canceled because buyers dont answer or dont accept the extra charge needed. The consequences will drop fiverr revenues.

I’ts just business for sure, but not well thought business.

Another consequence is, the overall quality of the services delivered may drop, because sellers will start trying to deliver more orders (which usually would be cancelled, because some limitations) just to maintain the completion rate, so bad ratings will come, and many buyers may never come back to fiverr because these bad experiences.

Exactly, but like in the post I wrote, I have many orders canceled because buyers dont answer or dont accept the extra charge needed

In my experience this is rampant in the $5 dollar buyer range. Another reason to start pushing up prices is that the cheap folks you are describing pass you by as they scrape the bottom of the barrel, seeing price only. Every time I have raised prices (3 now) I have seen those type of buyers shrink to almost zero, while gaining better quality buyers.

I’ve got all green except one thing - delivery time. It’s currently 78% for me. Level 2 for good ol’ Writer? Maybe, who knows. Will that bother me? Nah 😎 My clients, who’ve been with me since 2-3 years, don’t care whether I’m Level 1, 2, or TRS, and they bloody well hope that I don’t become a Pro and charge them $100/article. LOL.

I’ve got all green except one thing - delivery time. It’s currently 78% for me. Level 2 for good ol’ Writer? Maybe, who knows. Will that bother me? Nah 😎 My clients, who’ve been with me since 2-3 years, don’t care whether I’m Level 1, 2, or TRS, and they bloody well hope that I don’t become a Pro and charge them $100/article. LOL.

and the bloody well hope that I don’t become a Pro and charge them $100/article. LOL.

I wish that on you. You strike me as someone who could handle wealth very well.

Hey guys, the new level system notification popped up but my connection crashed when i clicked on it. Can someone send a link so I can check it out? Thanks

Hey, just go to your messages tab, click on notifications and it’ll be right there. If not, it shoud be in your inbox.

cheers!

Exactly, but like in the post I wrote, I have many orders canceled because buyers dont answer or dont accept the extra charge needed

In my experience this is rampant in the $5 dollar buyer range. Another reason to start pushing up prices is that the cheap folks you are describing pass you by as they scrape the bottom of the barrel, seeing price only. Every time I have raised prices (3 now) I have seen those type of buyers shrink to almost zero, while gaining better quality buyers.

It’s indifferent with the price of the gig, if it needs more charge, it needs more charge.

In my experience this is rampant in the $5 dollar buyer range.

this is 99% of the whole fiverr market

Every time I have raised prices (3 now) I have seen those type of buyers shrink to almost zero, while gaining better quality buyers.

Like you just said, in other words, better quality buyers are another category of buyers you “entered”, but there are a lot of other buyers between $5 and $20 budget, which is the most part of the buyers for sure.

I understand what you mean. To you, raising your initial price became a good thing, but still there are those $5 budget buyers that could be convinced to buy the right price, a starting $20 gig will never be able to do this (or almost never).

Raising the initial price doesnt mean more profits to fiverr site, unless all sellers to the same at the same time

I agree. $5-10 buyers are totally different than $50 buyers, who can turn into $500 or $1000 repeat buyers. $5 buyers never do. Abandoning the $5 category (except for a course I made) changed everything for me. Originally, my idea on Fiverr was to offer a $100 deliverable (that was inherently repeatable) for $5 on a trial basis, making buyers want to come back at the $100 price. It never panned out. No one who bought at $5 valued the service enough to pay what it was worth (or what it cost me to deliver the service), either because the $5 price anchored its value at that, or they are just a different set of people, ones who will never pay what something is worth.

Anyway, If it keep my performance like it is, I’ll become a LEVEL 1 seller (because the completion rate), with the performance to be nominated a TRS (which is all 100%).

:thinking:

My brain just broke.

I think you should do something about it rather than wait. You have so many reviews, I believe you should be experienced enough to find your way around this. I really wish you good luck !

I think you should do something about it rather than wait. You have so many reviews, I believe you should be experienced enough to find your way around this. I really wish you good luck !

The only thing I need to do is to drop my prices (no charge extra when it needs), and “pray” for the buyer answer in time when I need some answers.

In the case of the last one, I’ll be screwed anyway, if I wait too much, I’ll deliver a delayed order, which will drop may ON-TIME DELIVER, or if I don’t wait and cancel, it will impact my ORDER COMPLETION RATE. Or if I deliver it in time, without taking my doubts with the buyer, I could take a bad review which will impact RATING.

PS: right now I received an order, and a few minutes later the buyer cancelled (MISTAKE ORDER).

The only thing I need to do is to drop my prices (no charge extra when it needs), and “pray” for the buyer answer in time when I need some answers.

In the case of the last one, I’ll be screwed anyway, if I wait too much, I’ll deliver a delayed order, which will drop may ON-TIME DELIVER, or if I don’t wait and cancel, it will impact my ORDER COMPLETION RATE. Or if I deliver it in time, without taking my doubts with the buyer, I could take a bad review which will impact RATING.

PS: right now I received an order, and a few minutes later the buyer cancelled (MISTAKE ORDER).

“PS: right now I received an order, and a few minutes later the buyer cancelled (MISTAKE ORDER).”

Funny part… This affects your rating… Great job fiverr…

It’s indifferent with the price of the gig, if it needs more charge, it needs more charge.

In my experience this is rampant in the $5 dollar buyer range.

Every time I have raised prices (3 now) I have seen those type of buyers shrink to almost zero, while gaining better quality buyers.

Like you just said, in other words, better quality buyers are another category of buyers you “entered”, but there are a lot of other buyers between $5 and $20 budget, which is the most part of the buyers for sure.

I understand what you mean. To you, raising your initial price became a good thing, but still there are those $5 budget buyers that could be convinced to buy the right price, a starting $20 gig will never be able to do this (or almost never).

Raising the initial price doesnt mean more profits to fiverr site, unless all sellers to the same at the same time

Yes, and that’s who you should be trying to pull away from. I was just telling you the fix to your original complaint…fussy buyers who want the world for $5.

Yes, and that’s who you should be trying to pull away from. I was just telling you the fix to your original complaint…fussy buyers who want the world for $5.

exactly. but you need to agree with me that it will be impossible when the site is called FIVERR

exactly. but you need to agree with me that it will be impossible when the site is called FIVERR

No I’m going to disagree with you because many of us are already doing exactly that. Why do people forget that the most important part of the fiverr pitch is “services STARTING at $5”?

Took long enough for this update to come! 😄

I like the new system because, with these metrics, I already qualify to be a TRS (something I’ve been waiting on since 2015).

228953597_ScreenShot2017-11-09at9_02_33AM.thumb.png.f355e3c3c34eebf30ab701448f6bf527.png

The monthly review is also a positive thing in my mind. A lot of sellers reach Level 1 or Level 2 with the current system and then they start offering less value. This ensures that everyone deserves the badge they hold and I also think buyers will have better experiences from here on out.

As of now, it almost feels like the number of TRS sellers has reached its “cap” (after all, having so many sellers at the higher levels degrades the meaning of the system). Cycling the badges each month based on performance is an excellent idea. We’ll see how it pans out starting January 15th 🙂

Archived