New Level System

mustafaalibaigm

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed with this comment.

There are times where late deliveries cannot be avoided. I had someone order a gig and then drag their feet to provide me the materials necessary to complete the job.

A 90% on time delivery rate looks good on paper, but for people working on real projects, with real clients who run businesses, it’s not a realistic mark to meet without inflating the delivery window for the sake of meeting a benchmark. This is especially the case when you are waiting for a client’s revisions.

Sometimes the buyer will take days or weeks to get back to you.

Hopefully when you’re up for review, someone is actually looking at the situation beyond the number.

But there is no review process now. It will be automatic…if you are in the red the system will demote you and you will spend the next 60 days trying to prove yourself again and be “considered” for TRS. They don’t have the man power or time to review each account. If you are level 2 and get demoted it will actually be easier for you to get back to 2 than it will be for a TRS to get back to TRS since they have to be “hand picked”.

Agreed with this comment.

There are times where late deliveries cannot be avoided. I had someone order a gig and then drag their feet to provide me the materials necessary to complete the job.

A 90% on time delivery rate looks good on paper, but for people working on real projects, with real clients who run businesses, it’s not a realistic mark to meet without inflating the delivery window for the sake of meeting a benchmark. This is especially the case when you are waiting for a client’s revisions.

Sometimes the buyer will take days or weeks to get back to you.

Hopefully when you’re up for review, someone is actually looking at the situation beyond the number.

In those situations where a client is not responding or did not submit enough info and the clock is almost LATE…I used to send a blank delivery with a message saying we are sending this to satisfy the clock as you have not submitted info, or need more info, etc etc…but was told this was a violation of policy by fivver when I tried to address the issue and ask if there was a way to handle it differently. Basically I was told if I continue how I was doing my account would be suspended for violation of policy and that I would just have to take the hit with LATE delivery. Was told to send a request to extend delivery PRIOR to clock going into LATE. I have had plenty of clients decline the request and THEN submit info needed…so clock is back into LATE status again and technically delivering late…impacting my account. And then if no response I cancel I am STILL being punished since mutual cancellations go against you for some reason. Lose-lose situation.

My levels are kind of wonky right now as well. I had to have an order cancelled because the buyer never gave the information needed to start the order. I had customer service cancel the order, but my ratings went down. Now they SAY that it’s for “internal use only” but that’s not true anymore. Also my response rate dropped a little because I received a message that the system automatically flagged as spam.

If these ratings are going to be used to determine not only if you advance a level, but also if you MAINTAIN your current level, then they need to make sure that things beyond a sellers control are not effecting those ratings. If the ratings don’t change then someone could tank a seller by flooding them with orders and never send the required information, thus causing numerous incomplete orders or causing their ratings, and level, to drop by clearing out the queue.

It’s nice to see specifics of what we need to do, but what the current metrics count is unfair to the sellers.

Exactly! The new system is completely unfair:

I’ll be evaluated on January and these issues hurt me:

Order Completion Rate

Complete 90% of your orders, over the course of 60 days

(My current rate is 84%)

Rating

Maintain a 4.8 star rating, over the course of 60 day

(my current rating is 4.7)

Does that mean I’ll be demoted to level 2? I’m already exceeding the standards in every other category. My response rate and delivery rate are at 100%. I have earned more than $20,000 from completed orders, have avoided receiving warnings for TOS violations over the course of 30 days, my ratings are as follow:

Communication With Seller 4.8

Service as Described 4.8

Buy Again or Recommend 4.6

This is because my most popular gig which is 100% subjective. If they don’t like my work, they won’t buy again or recommend. I’m sure logo makers have the same issues I do.

We’ve noticed a drop in your performance.

Please review your stats below and act accordingly, to avoid a level demotion.

This massage means if you can developed your score within jan 14 . then you not demoted. my opinion .

Cancellation rate or Order Completion Rate is the only thing that needs to be improved by Fiverr.
What I mean is: When the buyer is too lazy to read the gig requirements but make the order and has no idea for what is the gig about this bring us to cancellation for not getting the information requires…
But this affect bad, because fiverr new system is asking for higher rate of ‘Order Completion Rate’.
Except this, when I ask the buyer to cancel the order because I didn’t get enough information, they says, you will loose traffic 😦
This is so sad. We are working harder than ever but still there is no appreciation.
Yeah, you may think to ask the buyer again for the information before cancelling. But I always do that. I always talk so much to them but they still can’t meed the gig requirements because they just ordered without reading and this make things too frustrating…
Also there are a lot of buyers that want a 1000$ job done for 5$ only and they just order…
So basically this need to change.
At least when the buyer don’t meet the gig requirements or when the buyer want an expensive job for cheap, the ‘Order Completion Rate’ should not be affected. It’s just right and make sense.
Good luck to all.
VideoPromo1
Jesse

Cancellation rate or Order Completion Rate is the only thing that needs to be improved by Fiverr.

What I mean is: When the buyer is too lazy to read the gig requirements but make the order and has no idea for what is the gig about this bring us to cancellation for not getting the information requires…

But this affect bad, because fiverr new system is asking for higher rate of ‘Order Completion Rate’.

Except this, when I ask the buyer to cancel the order because I didn’t get enough information, they says, you will loose traffic 😦

This is so sad. We are working harder than ever but still there is no appreciation.

Yeah, you may think to ask the buyer again for the information before cancelling. But I always do that. I always talk so much to them but they still can’t meed the gig requirements because they just ordered without reading and this make things too frustrating…

Also there are a lot of buyers that want a 1000$ job done for 5$ only and they just order…

So basically this need to change.

At least when the buyer don’t meet the gig requirements or when the buyer want an expensive job for cheap, the ‘Order Completion Rate’ should not be affected. It’s just right and make sense.

Good luck to all.

VideoPromo1

Jesse

"Cancellation rate or Order Completion Rate is the only thing that needs to be improved by Fiverr.

Except this, when I ask the buyer to cancel the order because I didn’t get enough information, they says, you will loose traffic 😦"

I’ve had too many customers like this and my views/clicks and more on my gigs are going down the drain because they’re not smart enough to read a BOLD CAPITAL LETTER that clearly says “Contact me before placing an order”…

"Also there are a lot of buyers that want a 1000$ job done for 5$ only and they just order…"

Tell me, i do website design, everyone knows a website on an agency is over 1k$ easily… but they want it for less than 10% of the price but 100% of the quality… I gave a 20% discount to a client because they had a budget, designed the site with some back and forth trying to find something they wanted, what did i get? a 3.5 stars rating because of the back and forth… Never giving any discount ever again… Worst part, they messaged me several times saying “we’'re happy and apprecieate your work and quick turnaround and response”… BOOM! 3.5 stars rating… killed my perfect 5 stars rating that i had for over a year… Thanks…

Nice to see transparent and well explained level system.

Nice to see transparent and well explained level system.

Agree, this has been needed for a long time. Cheers fiverr staff. I wonder if it will have the impact of moving prices up. In my category there is a problem with sellers who have thousands of sales, still giving away 200 word VO’s with 24 hour delivery for $5.

Hopefully this will force some upward price movement as the fear of not maintaining current level is a great motivator. End result, everyone who is pushing the price point stands to gain a lot, and those staying at the low low end should either get inspired to charge more, or drop to the bottom of the search.

No, I hate being constrained to “monthly evaluations”, and seriously? Money goals? Way to show your true face, Fiverr, but if that’s how you want to play, then I rather being demoted to just Seller for the rest of my life. I’m not gonna let these new standards hold a weight over my life. I’ve got enough going on without all this…stuff.

Way to show your true face, Fiverr,

Have you just realized that this is a business and not a charity?

I am going to have to re-think how I do my orders. I draw custom illustrations that take a long time. I need customer feedback on my sketches before I finish the illustrations. They can chew up all my time or even go over time. The customer is still happy even if we go over time. These are not $5 orders. They want it right.

Why can’t we have a process to request a time extension? I am going to lose Level 2 status over this.

There is a process like that.

"Cancellation rate or Order Completion Rate is the only thing that needs to be improved by Fiverr.

Except this, when I ask the buyer to cancel the order because I didn’t get enough information, they says, you will loose traffic 😦"

I’ve had too many customers like this and my views/clicks and more on my gigs are going down the drain because they’re not smart enough to read a BOLD CAPITAL LETTER that clearly says “Contact me before placing an order”…

"Also there are a lot of buyers that want a 1000$ job done for 5$ only and they just order…"

Tell me, i do website design, everyone knows a website on an agency is over 1k$ easily… but they want it for less than 10% of the price but 100% of the quality… I gave a 20% discount to a client because they had a budget, designed the site with some back and forth trying to find something they wanted, what did i get? a 3.5 stars rating because of the back and forth… Never giving any discount ever again… Worst part, they messaged me several times saying “we’'re happy and apprecieate your work and quick turnaround and response”… BOOM! 3.5 stars rating… killed my perfect 5 stars rating that i had for over a year… Thanks…

This is why I have always said orders should go into a queue where we can clarify to the buyer, “You are asking for something I do not offer,” or, “You are willing to pay too little money for too much work.”

Yes, I have had only 73% of my orders rated. I reached out to everyone who did not leave a rating, and guess what? There is a window that can close on you, where they cannot rate anymore.

You are mixing things up. There are no criteria that require you to have a certain percentage of orders rated.

Please go and read the criteria again. It is orders completed, response rate and delivered on time.

I don’t think it is a good idea to keep bothering all clients to leave a rating.

This is why I have always said orders should go into a queue where we can clarify to the buyer, “You are asking for something I do not offer,” or, “You are willing to pay too little money for too much work.”

Best part its… I’m losing my lvl 2 seller for just ONE client… So the system is ignoring my over 30 (perfect 5/5) other reviews for this one… What a nice system we have here…

1152864408_completionratemistake.thumb.jpg.37e549e2a5a9122ce03078f7359c7a2f.jpg

Hello there.

I’m Rafael, and I’m a Level 2 fiverr seller. I just realized a HUGE MISTAKE with this new level system.

I’ll try to be as fast and direct as possible:

I spotted what could be a huge mistake from fiverr, with this new level method. Order Completion Rate.

Making 90% of completion rate to maintain LVL 2, will make fiverr revenues to drop. How do I know this?

Let’s use me as an example:
-Right now my completion rate is 84%, because many orders I sell, I need to charge extra because it will demand a lot of extra time to work, BUT many buyers do not accept, or don’t answer in time, or don’t answer at all. So as honest seller, I cancel the order and refund them.

-Where do I want to get with this:
Normally, when extra charges are needed, 4 each 5 buyers accept my extra charges (75%), which starts from $20 each. If I start to focus on my completion rate, I’ll need to stop these extra charges, so I don’t get my completion rate to drop. So instead doing at least $60 with 5 sales, I’ll start doing $25 with 5 sales (focusing on complete all of them).
As consequence, instead fiverr gets at least $12 with these sales, they will get just $5.

I’m a graduated business manager, I’m pretty sure these new standards are to make more revenues to fiverr site, which is completely normal for a global company as fiverr, but there are a lot of consequences with this which seems not to be studied before applying these changes.

SO MY SUGGESTION: Instead being 90% completion rate, drop it to 80% at max, OR EVEN BETTER, dont make us to complete all of the standards to maintain a level, but at least a part of this. Like, instead getting 90% of each standard, trying to get a 90% of a total.

ALSO, before starting these changes, I suggest to do a “market research” with the best sellers on each category, to know what really happens, instead just reading numbers from statistics, which many are bugged (see below why)

PS: I have 100% of response rate, and fiverr site shows only 98%. It bugs when I receive a spam message. Just to show that it dont work at all.

Right now, for me, it’s easier to Achieve goals to become a TRS, than the goals to maintain my Level 2 (as you can see by the attached image). It makes no sense.

I hope it can open fiverr/sellers eyes, before the “winter comes”.

Thank you,
Rafael.

😕 I like that changes are made, but I don’t like this change that much. 😉 They should introduce more levels in my opinion. I’m currently level 2 seller and I will stay at this level for a long time as earning $20.000 is simply a lot. So yea, I know what my goal is and I like that, but it’s long-term goal, I would like some shorter term goals… like earning $1500 + 100 orders, then $5000 + 200 orders, then $10.000 + 300 orders and maybe then $20.000. 😉 Also, I don’t think money should be the main reason for becoming a top rated seller, I think it should be a combination, and 100 completed orders for top rates seller isn’t enough in my opinion. It should be 500 orders for example.

Another thing that I don’t like is very strict rules for maintaining your level status. 😉 I got 2 late orders lately on my stats because of non-responsive buyers, and as I don’t that much orders yet, that’s under 90%. 😉

I Totally agree with you @matevzs1

Archived