New Level System

mustafaalibaigm

😕 I like that changes are made, but I don’t like this change that much. 😉 They should introduce more levels in my opinion. I’m currently level 2 seller and I will stay at this level for a long time as earning $20.000 is simply a lot. So yea, I know what my goal is and I like that, but it’s long-term goal, I would like some shorter term goals… like earning $1500 + 100 orders, then $5000 + 200 orders, then $10.000 + 300 orders and maybe then $20.000. 😉 Also, I don’t think money should be the main reason for becoming a top rated seller, I think it should be a combination, and 100 completed orders for top rates seller isn’t enough in my opinion. It should be 500 orders for example.

Another thing that I don’t like is very strict rules for maintaining your level status. 😉 I got 2 late orders lately on my stats because of non-responsive buyers, and as I don’t that much orders yet, that’s under 90%. 😉

Exactly! More badges are much better!

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

se let me know if I am not understanding the new system correctl

That’s totally true. That should not affect on rankings!

I have an order of 4 months, which has not even started since the buyer does not answer. And that is not first time.

Right, and now when you cancel it it will have a negative effect on your account…not understanding this at all.

Exactly! The new system is completely unfair:

I’ll be evaluated on January and these issues hurt me:

Order Completion Rate

Complete 90% of your orders, over the course of 60 days

(My current rate is 84%)

Rating

Maintain a 4.8 star rating, over the course of 60 day

(my current rating is 4.7)

Does that mean I’ll be demoted to level 2? I’m already exceeding the standards in every other category. My response rate and delivery rate are at 100%. I have earned more than $20,000 from completed orders, have avoided receiving warnings for TOS violations over the course of 30 days, my ratings are as follow:

Communication With Seller 4.8

Service as Described 4.8

Buy Again or Recommend 4.6

This is because my most popular gig which is 100% subjective. If they don’t like my work, they won’t buy again or recommend. I’m sure logo makers have the same issues I do.

this new system will enslave sellers.

You have to spend most of your time to stay on the new levels.

We all got other things beside online work.

Fiverr should revert to old system

Order Completion Rate

(My current rate is 84%)

Rating

Does that mean I’ll be demoted to level 2? I’m already exceeding the standards in every other category. My response rate and delivery rate are at 100%. I have earned more than $20,000 from completed orders, have avoided receiving warnings for TOS violations over the course of 30 days, my ratings are as follow:

Service as Described 4.8

This is because my most popular gig which is 100% subjective. If they don’t like my work, they won’t buy again or recommend. I’m sure logo makers have the same issues I do.

If you are TRS and anything is in the red you will be demoted as far as I understand it.

Guest jsilvalive

😕 I like that changes are made, but I don’t like this change that much. 😉 They should introduce more levels in my opinion. I’m currently level 2 seller and I will stay at this level for a long time as earning $20.000 is simply a lot. So yea, I know what my goal is and I like that, but it’s long-term goal, I would like some shorter term goals… like earning $1500 + 100 orders, then $5000 + 200 orders, then $10.000 + 300 orders and maybe then $20.000. 😉 Also, I don’t think money should be the main reason for becoming a top rated seller, I think it should be a combination, and 100 completed orders for top rates seller isn’t enough in my opinion. It should be 500 orders for example.

Another thing that I don’t like is very strict rules for maintaining your level status. 😉 I got 2 late orders lately on my stats because of non-responsive buyers, and as I don’t that much orders yet, that’s under 90%. 😉

I totally agree that having more levels would make achieving more fun and reachable. With this system, achieving level two is pretty MEH… because you can so easily lose focus waiting to reach that 20K level. At this point for me at Fiverr, I can’t even imagine that. I’m still excited if I get a job for $5. How am I supposed to invision $20k?

Also, everyone who has studied business knows that if your success is measured only in dollars, it’s bound for failure. Customer satisfaction with the work should be first and rest should follow.

Regarding the strict rules, I also think that with the coldness of Fiverr as it relates to the sellers, leaves you at the mercy of buyers that just don’t bother to respond in time, don’t bother to rate your services and are on totally different time and date system than you. They are awake and messaging me while I sleep and when I answer, Fiverr tells me I’m slow to respond. Nothing can be done about that so I just have to deal. If they are going to put this leveling system in place, it’s going to need more human reactions from Fiverr staff.

I’m impressed that there was an actual email about this change.
Keep doing that, please, for all important changes like ToS, kinds of gigs not in the editorial focus anymore or even newly disallowed etc. Transparency and timely information about such things can save us all a lot of time and unnecessary pondering and free up that time for reaching all those goals.

So now that response rate will play a part in demoting your level, does that mean Fiverr will fix the response rate bug that’s been going strong for at least 2 years, or will I get demoted because of Fiverr’s inability to deal with it? Will Fiverr fix the unfair cancellation rate policy, where sellers are blamed for customer errors, or will I get demoted because of the buyers’ mistakes?

Or in other words, will levels now rate Fiverr’s and Customers’ errors instead of seller quality?

Good one, Fiverr. :roll_eyes:

I’ve had several episodes of that “Response Rate Drop” for no reason at all. Though the customer support were always nice to fix it. One thing I don’t get is, why can’t they just let the seller accept/reject an order request from the buyer? That will help us avoid cancellations in so many cases. It’s so annoying that buyers can order without reading the gigs properly and the cancellation of that effects our levels/ratings.

I actually hate this lvl system…

On the course of over 1 year i had a perfect 5 stars rating… Had one bad client (they were 2 clients on a website design gig, try to make both happy) they rated me with 3.5 stars because apparently they think that work with 2 different taste and make both happy is easy so there was some back and forth trying to get something good for both… Because of THAT only rate i’ll lose my lvl 2 seller badge? Thats really bad… Sorry but this is non sense, i’ve worked hard for this badge and i’ll lose it because of just ONE client? Not logic at all…

Also, your response rate and completion rate doesn’t work at a 100% anyway…

I’m not a seller with hundreds of gigs done, this is not an easy place to get orders unless you’re one of two persons…

1.- A seller with years and hundreds of orders made…

2.- An underpaid person doing 5$ gig for big jobs…

Sorry but i’m not any of those, i do my work , i create bonds with my clients and take the time to make them happy… This new system is bad in my opinion…

Order Completion Rate

(My current rate is 84%)

Rating

Service as Described 4.8

Yes. you’ll get demote at Level 1. See the video of new level system. Clearly mentioned. 🙂

this new system will enslave sellers.

You have to spend most of your time to stay on the new levels.

We all got other things beside online work.

Fiverr should revert to old system

I agree. If Fiverr wants reforms, why not let every Level 2 get paid in 7 days instead of 14? That would help people earn more money faster.

Also, they should stop punishing us for refunds. Buyers are fickle, they order by mistake, they give bad instructions, they don’t know what they want, they get angry over nonsense, yet Fiverr expect a 90% completion rate? Come on.

I agree. If Fiverr wants reforms, why not let every Level 2 get paid in 7 days instead of 14? That would help people earn more money faster.

Also, they should stop punishing us for refunds. Buyers are fickle, they order by mistake, they give bad instructions, they don’t know what they want, they get angry over nonsense, yet Fiverr expect a 90% completion rate? Come on.

Its even worst when you have only 2-3 orders a month and one of them gets cancelled because a buyer accept an message on the buyer request for 5$ that clearly says “contact me for more details and a real quote on your project, we need to talk about it”…

Its even worst when you have only 2-3 orders a month and one of them gets cancelled because a buyer accept an message on the buyer request for 5$ that clearly says “contact me for more details and a real quote on your project, we need to talk about it”…

That’s crazy. I’ve never had an order cancelled because the buyer found a cheaper seller. Usually they wait until I deliver, sometimes I have referred unhappy buyers to cheaper sellers.

So this basically means i won’t get any job ever again… All the clients are going to be now on the old sellers witrh hundreds of gigs delivered, new or not so active sellers won’t have any client in the incoming months…

Thanks fiverr! I really appreciate it!

They change the way how the listing on the market gives your place as well, all my gigs are going down for no reason…

Archived