When do you expect a tip?

sudais299

Point.I’m not referring to tips as compensation for the order price but as a courtesy when the buyer provides inconvenience sometimes especially for active and frequently updating sellers.

The buyer might feel entitled. His point of view is “I paid, you work, don’t complain.” This is why I’d rather charge more and not worry about a tip. If they tip, great, if they don’t tip, I already made a good amount of money.

If the customer was demanding but he gave me 5 stars or no rating, even better.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m sure all sellers hope to get a tip. But it all depends on the buyer, someone is willing to tip because we finish the job quickly/on request. There is also a tip because the seller’s dedication in providing services to buyers.
So, for me.
Tip is salary outside work that doesn’t know when we will get.

I once got a $50 tip on a $100 order from a first-time buyer who became a loyal repeat buyer. It felt totally awesome and unreal. I’ve been tipped a couple of other times as well. My highest expectation from any order is that the buyer doesn’t leave a negative review. Everything else is a bonus, and a tip is like a super bonus.

Never ask for tip by your end from buyer, tip is just a tip that buyer pays with in own willing, either you have done tons of extra work or not, if you need extra amount for extra work ask buyer by sending offers, but if you have offered unlimited revisions you need to stay bounded to this deal & have to do until its valid 🙂

Getting a gratuity is dependent on two things only:

1. The quality of delivery as perceived by the buyer
  2. The buyer’s philosophy on tipping

No matter how great or how much you over deliver, some people just don’t believe in tipping and never will.

Yep. I had a buyer who has been constantly pleased with my work. His last review was “continuously over-delivers.” But that’s about it. He never left a tip and I’ve never expected one. Some of my bigger tips have come from surprisingly easy-to-handle orders. So yea, I totally agree with you.

Gina

Love the new logo. Can I get the name of that font?😉

Guest logoeasy

Never expect a tip. Just do your best and over-deliver. Whenever I over-delivered, mostly I did get a tip (2 times so far). There is NO way to happiness, because happiness IS the way.

Yep. I had a buyer who has been constantly pleased with my work. His last review was “continuously over-delivers.” But that’s about it. He never left a tip and I’ve never expected one. Some of my bigger tips have come from surprisingly easy-to-handle orders. So yea, I totally agree with you.

Gina

Love the new logo. Can I get the name of that font?😉

Rainny

Edwardian Script ITC

Hi everyone, this post is about when would you expect the buyer to tip you?

I usually expect them to tip me in the following cases:

• When I deliver the order, the buyer messes up on something and then I go the extra mile to help them out.

• When the buyer requests a lot of revisions or changes here and there and I do them.

When do you guys?Let me know below! 🙂

this post is about when would you expect the buyer to tip you?

The answer is – and should always be – never.

Sellers do not deserve tips. They earn them.

Sellers should not expect tips. Buyers offer them if they are generous and choose to do so.

I always feel greatly cheered whenever I receive a tip since it always comes as a pleasant surprise. It reinforces my faith and belief in the human race, that people are basically good and kind. I never expect it, no matter how much I go above and beyond the call of duty.

I always feel greatly cheered whenever I receive a tip since it always comes as a pleasant surprise. It reinforces my faith and belief in the human race, that people are basically good and kind. I never expect it, no matter how much I go above and beyond the call of duty.

Agree with @jonbaas and @misscrystal on this point.

I never expect a tip, just feel very appreciative when someone gives one. Its always a really nice bonus and makes my day - especially as there isn’t really a tipping culture in Australia and most of my clients are Australian, so they are kinda rare.

I basically never expect a tip, I’m just very glad and grateful when I get one.

I DO admit though, I will run into a very tough buyer every now and then, and I end up being pretty stressed out by the time the order is finally done…and there is a voice in my head saying “Hey, this person better tip me…” when I click the deliver button.
There, I said it, hahaha. 😜

Guest logoeasy

Sellers should not expect tips. Buyers offer them if they are generous and choose to do so.

100% right. But, guess what 100% of the sellers here would not agree. Really sad.

Its more of when you anticipate the buyer would give one.Sorry for the miswording.

Archived