I wanna make a team account

msrsumon

Thanks for sharing so much Paul. Did you ever post that final blog about being a Fiverr PRO seller? I’ve wondered how PRO impacts sellers when they have a great basic gig. Does the basic gig get lower placement, etc.?

Sure, here’s the blog post on all my ideas about being accepted to Fiverr pro - enjoy! http://blog.fiverr.com/a-best-practice-guide-to-becoming-an-fiverr-pro-seller/

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! fiverr CS, From today I noticed a flag symbol appearing just beside the gig favorite button and it’s can be seen for every seller’s gig. And I actually don’t know what is this. Could anyone please let me know about this new feature? Thanks.

Hi! fiverr CS, From today I noticed a flag symbol appearing just beside the gig favorite button and it’s can be seen for every seller’s gig. And I actually don’t know what is this. Could anyone please let me know about this new feature? Thanks.

fiverr CS,

If you’re looking for an answer from Customer Support, you’ll have to submit a ticket to them. You can do it here: https://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

This is forum, we’re not CS, and CS doesn’t answer forum posts.

Guest the_possumist

Is this what you’re talking about?

866841320_fiverrscreenshot.PNG.82bec0bca82bc17db65760cb23f961c2.PNG

If so, that lets you organize favorites into groups.

If not, I got nothin.

On 10/8/2017 at 8:15 AM, woofy31 said:

@msrsumon can you please share a screenshot of the flag symbol you saw?

Yes, why not? sending you the screenshot. And @offlinehelpers @the_possumist you also can check it here.

On 10/8/2017 at 8:24 AM, the_possumist said:

Is this what you’re talking about?

If so, that lets you organize favorites into groups.

If not, I got nothin.

No, I added a screenshot. you may check here.

Screenshot_2.thumb.jpg.82895b3cc5cc24718c641131b4b233be.jpg

This is a report button that allows you to flag a gig so CS can review it.

That would be the worst feature the way I see it for now - imagine how many competitors would simply flag competing gigs for the kicks, hoping that Fiverr will see something, anything, and take down gigs.

It’s a door for malicious people / competing sellers to abuse and destroy good sellers 😦

And thinking about those abusive buyers who invent reasons to get free work and blame your gig for whatever reasons, they will simply go flag a seller’s gig if they can’t achieve their end game.

Oh, and the new sellers who click on it by mistake “I wanted to see what that does”, and the copycats who will flag your gig to make you appear as the copycat 😱 #pandoras_box

That would be the worst feature the way I see it for now - imagine how many competitors would simply flag competing gigs for the kicks, hoping that Fiverr will see something, anything, and take down gigs.

It’s a door for malicious people / competing sellers to abuse and destroy good sellers 😦

And thinking about those abusive buyers who invent reasons to get free work and blame your gig for whatever reasons, they will simply go flag a seller’s gig if they can’t achieve their end game.

Oh, and the new sellers who click on it by mistake “I wanted to see what that does”, and the copycats who will flag your gig to make you appear as the copycat 😱 #pandoras_box

This is true but I’m hoping Fiverr’s team expects that and will therefore look into the serious matters like those infringing on copyrighted material or nudity and so forth. In fact, if you click the button you’ll see that Fiverr requests a set of details, so it is not a simple, I click because “I’m angry or because I’m being malicious” but Fiverr needs actual proof.

This is true but I’m hoping Fiverr’s team expects that and will therefore look into the serious matters like those infringing on copyrighted material or nudity and so forth. In fact, if you click the button you’ll see that Fiverr requests a set of details, so it is not a simple, I click because “I’m angry or because I’m being malicious” but Fiverr needs actual proof.

Wouldn’t it have been easier if gigs were properly reviewed before being published so that there is no reason to flag them in the first place? 😕

Wouldn’t it have been easier if gigs were properly reviewed before being published so that there is no reason to flag them in the first place? 😕

I can’t argue with that, but I think of it this way. There wasn’t a measure in place in the beginning and so a lot of infringing occurred during the early days. Fiverr has since implemented measures to stop new ones by reviewing videos and content, however, with hundreds or thousands still in the marketplace, then what is the best way to clean up those services which infringe on others; ergo, the ‘flag’.

Here´s to hoping they may have foreseen that too and it´s similar to the forum flagging system (where simply clicking a flag doesn´t do anything yet, and multiple false flags might even lead to actions against the flagger IIRC). 😉

Here´s to hoping they may have foreseen that too and it´s similar to the forum flagging system (where simply clicking a flag doesn´t do anything yet, and multiple false flags might even lead to actions against the flagger IIRC). 😉

True, but let’s think of a hypothetical situation where you have plenty of angry competitors that think they can’t mek sells because buyers will never choose them due to your title, badge or popularity, and then they all flag you out of spite and thus get mass-flagged? 👀

True, but let’s think of a hypothetical situation where you have plenty of angry competitors that think they can’t mek sells because buyers will never choose them due to your title, badge or popularity, and then they all flag you out of spite and thus get mass-flagged? 👀

If they don´t have a valid reason, even mass-flags shouldn´t do anything to your hypothetical seller. I don´t think the reason list has an option

O out of spite

If they don´t have a valid reason, even mass-flags shouldn´t do anything to your hypothetical seller. I don´t think the reason list has an option

O out of spite

I don’t know, I still feel rather uneasy about it after having seen how people can be like…

Instead of cleaning up the BR page and put there a report button considering the amount of incitement to crime being posted there, they’ve done it for gigs instead…

P.S. there should be an “out of spite” option to catch the bad fruits and flag the bad flaggers 😃 but it should be titled “I can’t make sales because of this person who takes all my buyers” 😛

I don’t know, I still feel rather uneasy about it after having seen how people can be like…

Instead of cleaning up the BR page and put there a report button considering the amount of incitement to crime being posted there, they’ve done it for gigs instead…

P.S. there should be an “out of spite” option to catch the bad fruits and flag the bad flaggers 😃 but it should be titled “I can’t make sales because of this person who takes all my buyers” 😛

considering the amount of incitement to crime being posted there

The last gig I actively reported to CS (and I don´t go looking for any, I stumbled over it while looking for something) was a gig offering to hack other people´s FB and stuff. I expect if they introduce the flagging feature to gigs now, they are working on it for BR too, but both are construction sites, and they may find gigs more so. Remember all those ‘my gig was banned for xyz but there are hundreds of gigs still selling xyz!’ threads.

I don’t believe it’ll cause trouble, first of all the flagger needs to provide a link to the material that is being infringed upon. Without that, there is no basis. So for example, if you have up a gig from a very popular template hub and you are offering that service for less than the licensed cost (which means you aren’t repurchasing licenses, so you are stealing), then the flagger provides a link to the actual template, gives a reason and moves forward.

I don’t believe it’ll cause trouble, first of all the flagger needs to provide a link to the material that is being infringed upon. Without that, there is no basis. So for example, if you have up a gig from a very popular template hub and you are offering that service for less than the licensed cost (which means you aren’t repurchasing licenses, so you are stealing), then the flagger provides a link to the actual template, gives a reason and moves forward.

Ya, i understand the cost fact of a template. Suppose I bought a template for $20 and my gig has three packages including the prices are $10, $20, and $30. So here the price the first one is less than i purchased the second one is equal and the premium pack has more than purchased cost. So here what is your answer all about lisence cost? Will it be a valid cause of flagging against any seller’s gig?

Thanks

Someone ( a buyer ) just asked me to work for him without placing his order as he is saying that he has a payment problem right now. And he also made a commitment that after a few days of the work done he will pay me through a custom offer. Now should I do the work or not? And if I do such kind of work for anyone without his/her order then will it be legal and create any problem for me in future? Please give me the legal suggestion on this issue.

Thanks.

Archived