I wanna make a team account

msrsumon

No, you should not work for free just because you got a promise to get the money later - it could be a scam to get your work for free and disappear afterwards.

If it’s not a scam, the buyer will agree to wait until they will have the money to make the purchase.

There have been too many scam attempts and too many sellers who worked for free to not see a cent later.

P.S. tell the “buyer” that you cannot do any work if there is no order - once they have the money and will place the order, then and only then you’ll be happy to serve them.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, you should not work for free just because you got a promise to get the money later - it could be a scam to get your work for free and disappear afterwards.

If it’s not a scam, the buyer will agree to wait until they will have the money to make the purchase.

There have been too many scam attempts and too many sellers who worked for free to not see a cent later.

P.S. tell the “buyer” that you cannot do any work if there is no order - once they have the money and will place the order, then and only then you’ll be happy to serve them.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.:+1:t6:

Someone ( a buyer ) just asked me to work for him without placing his order as he is saying that he has a payment problem right now. And he also made a commitment that after a few days of the work done he will pay me through a custom offer. Now should I do the work or not? And if I do such kind of work for anyone without his/her order then will it be legal and create any problem for me in future? Please give me the legal suggestion on this issue.

Thanks.

Someone ( a buyer ) just asked me to work for him without placing his order as he is saying that he has a payment problem right now.

He wouldn’t pay you once he got the free work.

Someone ( a buyer ) just asked me to work for him without placing his order as he is saying that he has a payment problem right now. And he also made a commitment that after a few days of the work done he will pay me through a custom offer. Now should I do the work or not? And if I do such kind of work for anyone without his/her order then will it be legal and create any problem for me in future? Please give me the legal suggestion on this issue.

Thanks.

Someone ( a buyer ) just asked me to work for him without placing his order

No you should not work for free, you won’t get any dollar from him after he take your free work

Thanks.

Now should I do the work or not?

You’re kidding right? Hell no. Never work for free.

I agree with all don’t do it for free but if you’re guts says you should do it.Water mark it and give it in low res if you are graphic designer or else do everything to protect your work and send it .
It’s not illegal in Fiverr.
If that buyer is a fraud you lose money if he is’n you will gain one more potential customer. Either way you will get reference for you showcase.It’s up to you.

I see a lot of people saying you should not accept, and that IS the norm. However, there are exceptions, and only you know how your relationship with this client works. I have worked with deferred payment with specific clients, and don’t regret it one bit.

My two rules for accepting work payable after delivery are:

• This is an extremely trustworthy longtime client who will to a degree of certainty bring more work in the future (either directly or by recommendation) AND refusing to deliver the work on time will be a hindrance to him and will strain your commercial relationship.
  • Weigh the above against the chance that you won’t get paid. In other words, are you willing to risk not getting paid in exchange for the possible benefits stated above? E.g., don’t do 8 hours’ worth of work for someone that will bring you 3 small projects per year in the future, but a couple of hours may be acceptable.

I agree with all don’t do it for free but if you’re guts says you should do it.Water mark it and give it in low res if you are graphic designer or else do everything to protect your work and send it .

It’s not illegal in Fiverr.

If that buyer is a fraud you lose money if he is’n you will gain one more potential customer. Either way you will get reference for you showcase.It’s up to you.

I agree with all don’t do it for free but if you’re guts says you should do it.Water mark it and give it in low res

It’s your time. You can’t say we didn’t warn ya. Good luck.

Thank You. Once one buyer ask like this. i am not accepted.

Unless you’ve worked with them MULTIPLE times and know they always pay, you should never do that. I’ve worked with my accountant multiple times (say, over 30) so sometimes I actually do have payment problems, and he understands, and since I’ve never been more than a day or two late in paying, he trusts me to do work prior and get paid after. That’s VERY occasional though!

If it’s the first time, I would not do it. Also, many buyers just place and order, receive the product, and say they hate it just to get it for free. Always be sure to send a non-editable copy (example, pdf) before delivering the final product to ensure they’re satisfied.

I receiver a $100 order from a buyer. I worked for him too. The buyer also reviewed the delivery. But for a specific reason we mutually agreed and I want to refund my client now a $50. Is there any way to refund him the $50 USD? If so then how can I proceed to?
Expecting a accurate information on this issue.
Thanks.

I receiver a $100 order from a buyer. I worked for him too. The buyer also reviewed the delivery. But for a specific reason we mutually agreed and I want to refund my client now a $50. Is there any way to refund him the $50 USD? If so then how can I proceed to?

Expecting a accurate information on this issue.

Thanks.

But for a specific reason we mutually agreed and I want to refund my client now a $50.

I need to know exactly what this reason is before I give an answer.

Did he say he was not happy with something and you want to refund half the money to him so he will leave a good review? You can’t refund part of the money from an order. There is no way to do this.

But for a specific reason we mutually agreed and I want to refund my client now a $50.

I need to know exactly what this reason is before I give an answer.

Did he say he was not happy with something and you want to refund half the money to him so he will leave a good review? You can’t refund part of the money from an order. There is no way to do this.

The reason is, While working on my client’s project, in the middle of the work/project he told me to stop there because he only then needed that half project and that was fine for him. And so I did half for him with his satisfaction. This is why he asked me to refund the half of the total project cost. Am I still unable to refund him?

The reason is, While working on my client’s project, in the middle of the work/project he told me to stop there because he only then needed that half project and that was fine for him. And so I did half for him with his satisfaction. This is why he asked me to refund the half of the total project cost. Am I still unable to refund him?

As @misscrystal said, I don’t think you can refund part of the money. You may need to contact CS and see what they say. They might help you.

1. I think many people are going to click on it, thinking it = adding to favorites.

2. I just noticed the flag button on my own gigs, and I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much want to click on it just because I know I’m not supposed to. It’s like I have a sheet of bubble wrap and am not allowed to pop any. 😕

bubble.JPG.3c0a0c621c847a83b9b90a4d2d59e1a9.JPG

• 1 month later...

How do I let the fiverr safety team know that I have a license for a gig video while I am uploading a new video for my gigs so that In future my gigs don’t face any safety pass failing? And Can I have a chance to get back a deleted gig by fiverr safety team if I purchase a license for that deleted gig as I worked so hard to catch a rank behind my valuable gig? Please reply me someone giving helpful suggestions. Thanks a lot

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2017 at 2:26 AM, chrsplmr said:

sellers one week charging $25 the very next day charging $250 and now they are getting a boost in the SERP

If they are able to sell at $250 price range then they should get a boost 🙂

Regarding price increase, a lot of us start at a very low price to earn some reviews. If a seller can continue selling their gigs for $250 then probably the first clients received a huge discount.

PS. Don’t spam this thread with your gig links 😉

Archived