Freelance Injuries

silberma1976

I got a nasty paper cut on my thumb opening a box of pastries. Now I am typing funny. What Freelancing injuries have you sustained that slowed your production or ability to work?

got a nasty paper cut on my thumb opening a box of pastries.

Charles,

I started to type a smart *** response, but that might get me flagged. I’m a sarcastic person and it’s hard (downright painful) for me to hold back, especially when someone opens the door!

I’m guessing you are joking? 😆

Charles,

I started to type a smart *** response, but that might get me flagged. I’m a sarcastic person and it’s hard (downright painful) for me to hold back, especially when someone opens the door!

Charles,

No joke. …

Severe headaches are probably the worst ones I ever seem to get, but they are always on the bloody day before an order; requiring the endurance of the pain.

Unfortunately, it’s just one of those things you’ve got to push past as best you can when it comes to freelancing!

Dry eyes. Lower back pain. Neck/shoulder pain. Paper cuts.
Oh, I pricked my finger with a pin.
I also fell off my chair while working, I think I was working on a translation when something
fell from my desk, I tried picking it up without getting out of my chair…and I kissed the ground.

And oh, I sometimes pull my hair out when I encounter annoying buyers…
so…baldness…???

• 1 month later...

Freelancing on fiverr i mostly got headaches from looking at the screen too long but i did break my big toe on the way to the office once.
In offline freelancing i had loads of injuries over the years, broke my right hand once when lifting heavy equipment alone instead of calling someone to help. Got lead poisoning when removing old paint.
Busted my back so bad that i couldn’t wear socks or shoes for a month, still was stubborn and tried to go to work in flip flops but that failed because once i arrived i couldn’t get out of the car no matter what i tried. But on the positive side due to my downtime i got in to online work.

Archived