Gig impressions going down!

klibre

Hey everyone, I've been struggling lately to get more impressions and clicks! Even though I deliver great work and the reviews are just perfect, except for one review I received with 2.7 stars because the buyer wanted to get work for free.

I've tried to upgrade the gig multiple times, changing the keywords and gig images twice in the last 3 months, but it keeps getting worse! I'm also promoting my gig with a daily budget of $10 and automatic CPC. I used to get 2-3k impressions every week, but now I'm at 400-600. My gig has more than 500 reviews (  ), and I'm just confused!

Am I doing something wrong here?

• Like 10
  • Sad 5

31 minutes ago, klibre said:

Hey everyone, I've been struggling lately to get more impressions and clicks! Even though I deliver great work and the reviews are just perfect, except for one review I received with 2.7 stars because the buyer wanted to get work for free.

I've tried to upgrade the gig multiple times, changing the keywords and gig images twice in the last 3 months, but it keeps getting worse! I'm also promoting my gig with a daily budget of $10 and automatic CPC. I used to get 2-3k impressions every week, but now I'm at 400-600. My gig has more than 500 reviews (  ), and I'm just confused!

I have the same problem, I don't understand what I can do for the best results. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, klibre said:

one review I received with 2.7 stars because the buyer wanted to get work for free.

I've tried to upgrade the gig multiple times, changing the keywords and gig images twice in the last 3 months, 

I recommend not obsessing about your gigs anymore and riding out the purposeful suppression their exposure in the marketplace for a couple/few more months, because you are being punished and there's nothing you can do aside from asking your return clients to feed the algorithm with good--more so private--reviews. 

The length of the stay in the Fiverr dungeon varies, from what I have seen shared here. Mine, resulting from a 1 star with a lot less total reviews than you have, lasted about 4 or 5 months.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

19 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

I recommend not obsessing about your gigs anymore and riding out the purposeful suppression their exposure in the marketplace for a couple/few more months, because you are being punished and there's nothing you can do aside from asking your return clients to feed the algorithm with good--more so private--reviews. 

The length of the stay in the Fiverr dungeon varies, from what I have seen shared here. Mine, resulting from a 1 star with a lot less total reviews than you have, lasted about 4 or 5 months.

Thank you! 🙌 I'll do my best in the next couple of months. It's just driving me crazy to see my gig which I've been working on since 2020, fading so rapidly! I never thought I would see those numbers.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, klibre said:

Thank you! 🙌 I'll do my best in the next couple of months. It's just driving me crazy to see my gig which I've been working on since 2020, fading so rapidly! I never thought I would see those numbers.

You're welcome! People have been reporting less business for a variety of other reasons lately, but, yea, bad reviews sting.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, klibre said:

I've tried to upgrade the gig multiple times, changing the keywords and gig images twice in the last 3 months, but it keeps getting worse!

Frequent tempering of gigs doesn't help either. Avoid editing the gigs more than once a month, because it takes time for gigs to get indexed again and start aligning with the search algorithm. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, klibre said:

Well, you had that bad review, and also another 3.3 star one. These days, public reviews mean close to nothing, other than informing other potential clients about your work quality. 

What matters are private reviews. And if those 2 persons I mentioned above, or anyone else, left you a bad private review, then your impressions and new inquiries will tank for months. I agree with Mandy, I had my own situation where I had around 4-6 months of low click rates. And I didn't even have a single review under 5 stars during that time. But private reviews can vary wildly, someone can give you a very nice public review and say they were unhappy privately. I say that for a fact because it happened to me. Whether it's by accident, people rushing or just randomly leaving private reviews, I was told by my success manager that private and public reviews will be very different from each other sometimes.

Also, remember that not everyone leaves a private review. So if you have only 10 orders, let's say, one person leaves a bad private review and one leaves a good private review, then your success score gets affected drastically, since you have a 50% negative rate basically. That's why lots of sellers complain about having their success score lowering out of nowhere. It's all due to data acquired from sales, and a lot of that data is private. 

• Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1