Have any of you seen a percentage drop for Orders Completed?

michael78781

Yes,

I have seen this with my account. Today I cancelled an order by Mutual Cancellation. Before this my Order Completion ratio was 98% because only 3 orders are cancelled in my fiverr history. But today it changed to 87%. I think the fiverr has changed their policy and including mutual cancellations in this portion. I have also read included replies that are saying the same problem.

Thank you,

Sohail

@sohailjee777 fiverr has updated there system and from now mutual cancellation will also effect orders completed ratio.

Please read the message above from other users.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup.

oh lord’s right.

So, to sum up:

Things that are new but Fiverr chose not to announce:

-Prices on gigs will now be your standard package’s, not the absolute minimum

-Mutual cancellations now affect your order completion metric

-Order completion has no negative impact on sales/gig’s positioning etc

-Fiverr is using the hidden review system to crack down on poorly performing sellers.

Hide yo’ kids!

Fiverr is using the hidden review system to crack down on poorly performing sellers.

😐 I didn’t catch that.

Fiverr is using the hidden review system to crack down on poorly performing sellers.

😐 I didn’t catch that.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

New hidden review system?

It's been a while since I made a purchase here on Fiverr and I had to make 2 purchases in the past 2 weeks. I noticed two new tools that are directed only to buyers: a) after I placed a review on a completed order, I noticed there was a secondary...

Reading time: 1 mins ? Likes: 6 ❤

> Why is my Order Completion Rate important?

> Keeping a strong Order Completion rate is important because completing as many orders as possible is the way to gain revenue, build relationships with buyers, and grow your business. It is one way for you to track the quality of the service you’re providing on Fiverr, and can also be a factor that influences your Gig’s position in search rankings.

😅

. It is one way for you to track the quality of the service you’re providing on Fiverr, and can also be a factor that influences your Gig’s position in search rankings.

freedomrun1 where did you see that?

I see they offer a couple of reasons for cancellations such as someone is new and nervous about an order, or someone has too many orders that they can’t complete.

Fiver surely must know that there are many times when a buyer makes a mistake when ordering or changes their mind after ordering, or asks for things not in the gig description?

well on the upside, if ALL of our completion rates are going down, it’s still somewhat of an even playing field haha

but yeah, this is lame. mutual cancellations are part of this happy meal kind of business. sometimes you want a different toy dammit! and, in my experience they are happy to give it to you 😛 no one loses.

and right now, if our percentages are going down, we lose, and the buyers have zero effect. if our percents go down, maybe freeze a buyer’s account fro 24 hours before they can order again. actually that’s an awful suggestion… but why are we the only one penalized in the transaction??

well on the upside, if ALL of our completion rates are going down, it’s still somewhat of an even playing field haha

but yeah, this is lame. mutual cancellations are part of this happy meal kind of business. sometimes you want a different toy dammit! and, in my experience they are happy to give it to you 😛 no one loses.

and right now, if our percentages are going down, we lose, and the buyers have zero effect. if our percents go down, maybe freeze a buyer’s account fro 24 hours before they can order again. actually that’s an awful suggestion… but why are we the only one penalized in the transaction??

you want a different toy dammit!

Leah,

Luckily you can buy those toys individually these days…😝

Cancellation rates will not affect your account unless they become extremely high, and 86% is nothing to worry about in this regard.

These statistics are available for you to track your own progress. While we would of course prefer all of your orders to be successful ones, if there is a mismatch with your buyer’s requirements and your Gig, you’re certainly entitled to request to cancel.

I hope that clarifies, please let me know if you have any other questions.

I got this reply from CS a couple of minutes ago.

So, as @djgodknows said, even CS isn’t sure about the consequences of this change. One says it will not affect us at all and now this.

Here is the response to my question about if the completion rate affects our gigs placement and rankings:

Feb 9, 12:31 AM IST

The Order Completion Rate does not affect your account or gig ranking. This is just one of the updates we are making in order to give you better details about your business here on Fiverr.

Here’s my latest response from Support:

| Team Lead (Fiverr Customer Support)

Feb 8, 3:40 PM EST

I understand Blaise, but the Order completion rate is showing correctly. It’s just now has all the cancellations added including mutual. Again, the stats are there help you track your account progress on orders and account. It’s not affecting your account negative in any way.

I’ve included links to a few items that might be helpful in understanding this feature better:

https://www.fiverr.com/academy/quality/cancellations-and-how-to-avoid-themhttps://www.fiverr.com/academy/delivery-deadlines/all-about-order-completionhttps://vimeo.com/176312632

@frank_d Yes Frank you are right. My question is, what if we receive an order from a buyer who placed it erroneously? Now the only way we can cancel this order is, through a mutual cancellation. Is it fair enough to count it into our cancellation ratio as it’s completely buyer’s carelessness. :thinking:

Guest shubh2012

92%

Copy cat 😂

I think everyone will be okay in the end!

Is it a bug?

It has dropped to 91%. I just delivered a video well before time.

Is it a bug?

It has dropped to 91%. I just delivered a video well before time.

It’s not a bug. See above 🙂. The link below is the direct answer.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum 67176_1.png

Have any of you seen a percentage drop for Orders Completed?

Anddddd I got one too ? Hi Michael, Thank you for getting in touch with us. Due to the recent update to the Order Completion Rate you are currently seeing is the correct rate from the last 60 days. The rate also includes all cancellations, which...

Use the metrics to double check your offers for any confusion that may be leading to unnecessary cancellations. Like we’ve said before, some cancellations are just not avoidable, but alot are. I totally rewrite my gigs description and videos about 4 times before they work well.

Don’t focus on metrics, focus on creating a great customer experience. You need repeat customers, not one off jobs. Make sure what you offer is products that are easily reordered by a customer over and over again. That way your orders are 80% repeat customers and 20% search engine results. When you get there, your placement in the Fiverr’s search engine doesn’t matter as much. I have had to turn off some of my offers because I get too many inquires and orders. When the gigs are suspended, I continue to take orders from repeat customers.

I know this is not achieved overnight but if you setup a plan, you can get there.

Every Change that Fiverr makes will be in the interest of creating a better customer experience. If you focus on that, you will be one step ahead on each change.

Use the metrics to double check your offers for any confusion that may be leading to unnecessary cancellations. Like we’ve said before, some cancellations are just not avoidable, but alot are. I totally rewrite my gigs description and videos about 4 times before they work well.

Don’t focus on metrics, focus on creating a great customer experience. You need repeat customers, not one off jobs. Make sure what you offer is products that are easily reordered by a customer over and over again. That way your orders are 80% repeat customers and 20% search engine results. When you get there, your placement in the Fiverr’s search engine doesn’t matter as much. I have had to turn off some of my offers because I get too many inquires and orders. When the gigs are suspended, I continue to take orders from repeat customers.

I know this is not achieved overnight but if you setup a plan, you can get there.

Every Change that Fiverr makes will be in the interest of creating a better customer experience. If you focus on that, you will be one step ahead on each change.

Make sure what you offer is products that are easily reordered by a customer over and over again. That way your orders are 80% repeat customers and 20% search engine results. When you get there, your placement in the Fiverr’s search engine doesn’t matter as much

Perfect! I rely on returning clients and that is exactly correct. They are 80% of my buyers.

That is so true! That’s my business model.

Make sure what you offer is products that are easily reordered by a customer over and over again. That way your orders are 80% repeat customers and 20% search engine results. When you get there, your placement in the Fiverr’s search engine doesn’t matter as much

Perfect! I rely on returning clients and that is exactly correct. They are 80% of my buyers.

I enjoy seeing @misscrystal here. You rock!

I have to manually track the stats that Fiverr doesn’t show.

I did 110 projects in the last 30 days. Some months are close to 200 orders.

How many new customers did I gain in the past 30 days? 20 of those orders were new customers - potentially starting to reordering every week.

This raises my weekly income potentially by 25% every month. Month after month.

I am usually only on the second or third page in the search. I just really don’t keep up with it.

Thanks @michael78781 for the alert and @frank_d for the explanation!

Mine is at 98% now, because of one order cancelled by Customer Support (the buyer was accidentally charged twice for the same order, so one got cancelled). So, with the “Order completion impacts your business”, are we to be punished for Fiverr glitches, too?

So, with the “Order completion impacts your business”, are we to be punished for Fiverr glitches, too?

I think that the "order completion affects your business is explained in a video that was linked in another thread on this. I saw that the OP of that thread (@honest_chick) posted the video above. It mentions something about cancelled gigs not earning any money which affects what you earn. (Lower earnings is an effect on your business.)

It reminds me of how you get the “warning” when you deliver late that being late affects you, but in reality an occasional late delivery doesn’t do anything but make that percentage go down. If you have a lot of late deliveries, it will affect your rank, but you get the warning every time you deliver 5 minutes late. I’m not positive about this, but it seems plausible to me. Check out the video and see what you think.

Archived