Limerick Heaven (or Hell)

emmaki

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, as we now know that Blaise beat us with the First Share badge there is more of 'em…

Nice Share Shared a post with 25 unique visitors
Good Share Shared a post with 300 unique visitors
Great Share Shared a post with 1000 unique visitors

🏁

I withdraw my horse for that one though, unique visitors sounds too SEO, SEA, SEM or something for my poor liberal arts self.

A post is shared.
New badge on the wall of fame.
Faint smile forever.

By the way, as we now know that Blaise beat us with the First Share badge there is more of 'em…

Nice Share Shared a post with 25 unique visitors

Good Share Shared a post with 300 unique visitors

Great Share Shared a post with 1000 unique visitors

🏁

I withdraw my horse for that one though, unique visitors sounds too SEO, SEA, SEM or something for my poor liberal arts self.

A post is shared.

New badge on the wall of fame.

Faint smile forever.

Dear Miiila:

Is that a “Blaise Faint smile forever” or just a “Faint smile forever”?

Just curious,

Blaise Faint

49th post! Okay, spam not post. What happens with the postcount of a thread with 100 replies, if one of them or more get/s flagged/retired and dissappear/s? Does the badge dissappear too?

Oh and one can take back likes too btw, would that take badges away again too?

What happens with the postcount of a thread with 100 replies, if one of them or more get/s flagged/retired and dissappear/s? Does the badge dissappear too?Oh and one can take back likes too btw, would that take badges away again too?

These ar interesting Discourse questions

But I’m shooting them down with my best guns

Go Gooogle for learnin’

then answer in German

or I’ll find your badges and cancel the best ones!

What happens with the postcount of a thread with 100 replies, if one of them or more get/s flagged/retired and dissappear/s? Does the badge dissappear too?Oh and one can take back likes too btw, would that take badges away again too?

Go Gooogle for learnin’

then answer in German

🙀 Mod arbitrariness randomness inconsistency subjectivity wilfulness capriciousness unreasonableness whimsicality fancifulness dictatorialness tyranny despotism dogmatism high-handedness imperiousness absoluteness peremptoriness overbearingness domineeringness magisterialness summariness tyrannicalness tyrannousness uncontrolledness unlimitedness unrestrainedness!

Google is down at the moment, they are having coffee and a few biscuits…

🙀 Mod arbitrariness randomness inconsistency subjectivity wilfulness capriciousness unreasonableness whimsicality fancifulness dictatorialness tyranny despotism dogmatism high-handedness imperiousness absoluteness peremptoriness overbearingness domineeringness magisterialness summariness tyrannicalness tyrannousness uncontrolledness unlimitedness unrestrainedness!

Mod arbitrariness randomness inconsistency subjectivity wilfulness capriciousness unreasonableness whimsicality fancifulness dictatorialness tyranny despotism dogmatism high-handedness imperiousness absoluteness peremptoriness overbearingness domineeringness magisterialness summariness tyrannicalness tyrannousness uncontrolledness unlimitedness unrestrainedness!

Synonymous…

Mod arbitrariness randomness inconsistency subjectivity wilfulness capriciousness unreasonableness whimsicality fancifulness dictatorialness tyranny despotism dogmatism high-handedness imperiousness absoluteness peremptoriness overbearingness domineeringness magisterialness summariness tyrannicalness tyrannousness uncontrolledness unlimitedness unrestrainedness!

Synonymous…

84484_1.png djgodknows:

Synonymous…

Other humorous forms of poetry etc

Also, 100 posts. …

tyranny

Synonymous

Awww… 😞

Fifty eight? Rhymes with fate.

Late

Bait

Rate

Wait

Go Gooogle for learnin’

then answer in German

So…giving it a shoot with Google’s help…difficult…but…

some excerpts of an interesting Discourse Meta Discussion

Over the weekend I accidentally gave a few members a badge by adding them to a group they should not be members of, which they then ceremoniously were informed about via a notification. Then they were not informed when I removed them from the group and subsequently their badge was taken away from them.

[…]

I think “Earned x badge” should be matched by a “Lost x badge” or some such (what’s the antonym of earned?) so the user can be informed of what’s going on with their badges.

[…]

Lost x badge

We had huge discussions about this at Stack Exchange, when you tell people “You no longer have a Great topic” they get mighty pissed off.

Maybe some badges can opt-in to “you lost badge” notification, in my opinion in most cases this would only cause pain and suffering.

(bolding mine; while I didn´t find a direct answer to my query, this might be a hint)

So…giving it a shoot with Google’s help…difficult…but…

some excerpts of an interesting Discourse Meta Discussion

Over the weekend I accidentally gave a few members a badge by adding them to a group they should not be members of, which they then ceremoniously were informed about via a notification. Then they were not informed when I removed them from the group and subsequently their badge was taken away from them.

[…]

I think “Earned x badge” should be matched by a “Lost x badge” or some such (what’s the antonym of earned?) so the user can be informed of what’s going on with their badges.

[…]

Lost x badge

We had huge discussions about this at Stack Exchange, when you tell people “You no longer have a Great topic” they get mighty pissed off.

Maybe some badges can opt-in to “you lost badge” notification, in my opinion in most cases this would only cause pain and suffering.

(bolding mine; while I didn´t find a direct answer to my query, this might be a hint)

Sounds like you can lose a badge but will not get notified or see anything about it in your list. You would just notice a badge was missing.

Sounds like you can lose a badge but will not get notified or see anything about it in your list. You would just notice a badge was missing.

I probably wouldn´t notice, but yes, does sound like that. This is post #62.

There once was a cute little thread

With topics very wide spread.

Got longer and longer

Not necessarily stronger

But to 100 posts it yet led.

I probably wouldn´t notice, but yes, does sound like that. This is post #62.

There once was a cute little thread

With topics very wide spread.

Got longer and longer

Not necessarily stronger

But to 100 posts it yet led.

There are other posts with a hundred comments I fear

They bore to tears with nice tips and thanks dear

At least this one is fun

Bad poems, bad puns

Might be the best bad thread with some strong beer!

There was once an irritating buyer
Who made a seller want to fry 'er
Due to clueless modification requests
That this writer surely does detest
The gig went out the frying pan into the fire

So my “this is awesome but it’s short of the mark” buyer took 5 days to “pinpoint” the issue, which turned out to be a spiral of garbage, including a heap of attachments to examples of “this is different to what I want but exactly what I want” stylings.

I pondered on this then replied that since there was only one revision, in order to provide the very best service, they had better go through a line-by-line edit of the document to highlight the specific problem areas so I could correct them to her requests.

We will see how that goes down. Like a lead balloon, I expect. NOTE never work with buyers who criticize other people’s work. The job inevitably turns into this kind of mess.

There was once a badge to share
Getting it was exceedingly rare
But this girl’s won it
Take a look and admire it!
That share badge is really quite fair

BTW, badge fans, I have a new shiny share badge! It appeared at some point last night, ages after I gave up.

Now I just need to get the reader badge and the impossible profile badge.

There was once a badge to share

Getting it was exceedingly rare

But this girl’s won it

Take a look and admire it!

That share badge is really quite fair

BTW, badge fans, I have a new shiny share badge! It appeared at some point last night, ages after I gave up.

Now I just need to get the reader badge and the impossible profile badge.

I read the requirements for the next level and it is something like reading 25% of everything on the forum within 100 days, and if you don’t keep that up the level will be removed and you will be demoted again. So I’m probably not going to get there, but the badges are cool.

There was once an irritating buyer

Who made a seller want to fry 'er

Due to clueless modification requests

That this writer surely does detest

The gig went out the frying pan into the fire

So my “this is awesome but it’s short of the mark” buyer took 5 days to “pinpoint” the issue, which turned out to be a spiral of garbage, including a heap of attachments to examples of “this is different to what I want but exactly what I want” stylings.

I pondered on this then replied that since there was only one revision, in order to provide the very best service, they had better go through a line-by-line edit of the document to highlight the specific problem areas so I could correct them to her requests.

We will see how that goes down. Like a lead balloon, I expect. NOTE never work with buyers who criticize other people’s work. The job inevitably turns into this kind of mess.

There was a young badger from Greece

With a client too hard to please.

Her work, it was great

And it wasn´t too late,

Yet it ended in front of the Justice of the Peace.

There was a psychic who liked chicken
With obsession she was perfectly stricken
With each morsel she devoured
she became more superpowered
That psychic who is conveniently also a wiccan for the sake of this limerick

25% seems impossible. It would involve venturing into the spam gulags. shudder

There was a psychic who liked chicken

With obsession she was perfectly stricken

With each morsel she devoured

she became more superpowered

That psychic who is conveniently also a wiccan for the sake of this limerick

25% seems impossible. It would involve venturing into the spam gulags. shudder

Now once we’ll all be blockheads and sit there with cardboards or daydreams in front of our eyes, well, maybe, but not yet… I have a sticker slapped over my laptop cam too and yet the stats tell me I already read more than I´d care to admit, so clicking and scrolling should suffice, if you cared enough for that badge, but as it will be revoked again it seems too much of a Sisyphean task indeed even then.

What could this be? A “Milerick” ? 😁

There was a young man called Tob

Who thought a young lady had done a bad job.

But she just gave an idea,

That´s why the chicken are here

And now the young man has his own j̶o̶b̶ bad limerick. (1)

(1) This limerick was censored for the sake of the audience by the M̶i̶n̶i̶s̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶M̶a̶g̶i̶c̶

̶ Ministry of Limerick

For Badgers Only

Look! Discourse has a Bug Reporter Badge, do we have it? Maddie? @fonthaunt

ETA:

Here seems to be a bug btw, when I reply to the last post of a thread, by clicking the Reply button on that post and not the green ‘general’ Reply button, my post doesn´t refer to that last post of the thread. The post comes right after the last one, sure, but still it could either refer to that post, or to the whole thread generally, so if one clicks Reply for that specific last post, that should still

show, or no? (for the sake of rhymes)

Archived