Limerick Heaven (or Hell)

emmaki

I wonder how many people have @emmaki as their most liked person.

I would like them to bring back forum.fiverr.com/users so we could see that interesting information.

Btw I checked and see that I am in your most liked list so far so maybe I will keep liking your posts.

I like everyone’s posts and don’t want anyone to feel left out.

I like everyone’s posts and don’t want anyone to feel left out.

Like 4 Like…lol

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

, you know you´ll have to query a special badge for Emma

Most Brazen” should be Emmaki’s special badge.

'Stroo, I am a brazen hussy.

I was ne’er all that fussy

When there were thoughts to be aired

I wantonly and disgracefully shared

Them, lest the forum get too dus(t)y

Dear Fellow and Mellow Fiverr Forum Participants:

Emmaki kicked off this thread by issuing a challenge for people to show off their skills at writing limericks.

It’s changed in various and sundry ways, with posters challenging each other to include key words or to reference particular people (all while obeying the Forum rules).

The result is a lively and fun conversation, which allows active participants to blow off steam while waiting for their next Buyer to come along, or to simply re-charge their creative batteries. I submit that the people who have written limericks are all fairly competitive, and this has been a friendly competition. Passive participants hopefully get the enjoyment of reading the various limericks. Any Buyer who reads this thread has an opportunity to evaluate each of the contributors in a no-stress, non-binding way.

My suggestion is that this thread be expanded to a “Let Me Show You” section of the Forum.

Writers can write and share samples.
Writers who have radio voices and look good on camera can create YouTube videos in which they read their own words.
Artists can submit art.
Video folks can show videos.
Voice-over folks can also show videos of themselves voicing over.
Other Sellers in other categories can also show off their particular skills.
All of the above can issue various challenges to each other. Who’s the quickest draw? Who’s the most whimsical? Whatever…

Now I understand that having too many links to YouTube videos may impose too much work for the Moderators, but I believe that if this idea is as good as I think it is, the Mods can work up feasible restraints to the “Rules of the Let Me Show You Section Road” to make the whole idea workable.

Imagine, people in the various categories responding to various challenges. Given the example of the limericks here, the idea is not to create works that people can misappropriate, but to dash out quick and dirty samples of one’s skills.

If this new section takes off, future Buyers will have a painless way to check out the Fiverr Sellers. Maybe the threads will need to be closed once a month, so that the most active current participants get the greatest consideration. Common-sense type stuff…

New Sellers will have an opportunity to shine. Established Sellers will have an opportunity to try new ideas and to offer feedback to their less experienced peers.

This idea can also be revised and modified in ways I haven’t yet imagined.

Submitted for your consideration,
Blaise Faint

P.S. I could also be completely wrong here…

Dear Fellow and Mellow Fiverr Forum Participants:

Emmaki kicked off this thread by issuing a challenge for people to show off their skills at writing limericks.

It’s changed in various and sundry ways, with posters challenging each other to include key words or to reference particular people (all while obeying the Forum rules).

The result is a lively and fun conversation, which allows active participants to blow off steam while waiting for their next Buyer to come along, or to simply re-charge their creative batteries. I submit that the people who have written limericks are all fairly competitive, and this has been a friendly competition. Passive participants hopefully get the enjoyment of reading the various limericks. Any Buyer who reads this thread has an opportunity to evaluate each of the contributors in a no-stress, non-binding way.

My suggestion is that this thread be expanded to a “Let Me Show You” section of the Forum.

Writers can write and share samples.

Writers who have radio voices and look good on camera can create YouTube videos in which they read their own words.

Artists can submit art.

Video folks can show videos.

Voice-over folks can also show videos of themselves voicing over.

Other Sellers in other categories can also show off their particular skills.

All of the above can issue various challenges to each other. Who’s the quickest draw? Who’s the most whimsical? Whatever…

Now I understand that having too many links to YouTube videos may impose too much work for the Moderators, but I believe that if this idea is as good as I think it is, the Mods can work up feasible restraints to the “Rules of the Let Me Show You Section Road” to make the whole idea workable.

Imagine, people in the various categories responding to various challenges. Given the example of the limericks here, the idea is not to create works that people can misappropriate, but to dash out quick and dirty samples of one’s skills.

If this new section takes off, future Buyers will have a painless way to check out the Fiverr Sellers. Maybe the threads will need to be closed once a month, so that the most active current participants get the greatest consideration. Common-sense type stuff…

New Sellers will have an opportunity to shine. Established Sellers will have an opportunity to try new ideas and to offer feedback to their less experienced peers.

This idea can also be revised and modified in ways I haven’t yet imagined.

Submitted for your consideration,

Blaise Faint

P.S. I could also be completely wrong here…

Unfortunately I think not. While I like the idea in theory, what it would mean is that there is potentially an unlimited number of posts for mods to go through. Could you imagine having to read every desperate writer’s 500 word, horribly written or copy and pasted articles? Or watch/listen to every video/audio clip? It would be way too much. At least the forum allows community moderation so a lot of posts are flagged by users whereas I suspect a lot less users would go through the sample posts.

Nice idea. I´m not competitive at all really though, this is just a bit of fun and relaxing with some hot brew between bouts of work. Pretty much can imagine that becoming a nightmare for mods, yeah. Anyways, further up (or down) the Stairway to Limerick Heaven (or Hell)…

There was a hip company from Israel,
Rolled out a new feature, but what will it entail?
Boon or bane, a community divided?
Some are even still undecided.
Just a nice fresh breeze or a 12 on the Beaufort scale?

There once was a Saint called Blaise

Who saw a gig that was no gig but a malaise.

Gig’s owner in need of help beyond doubt

Saint Blaise as ever reaches out

His name on this day I shall praise.

Admiring you for the last one, no joke.

Dear Miiila:

I assume you mean this one:

Dear Owen: What name do you like to be called? Your customers want to know what to call you. I took a quick look at your profile: Your profile image: Should be a photo of your smiling face. YOU should appear in your profile image. Your log line: I draw cartoons Your profile text: FIRST, WHAT YOU HAVE: i LOVE to draw! so i made a fiverr page. i think fiverr is realy fun! i draw cartoons for fun! if i do not get you’re cartoon to you in time i am very sorry, i am very busy this year. I…

Fiverr wants doers to do it

Do or die, don’t ever quit

But if you can’t do your first one on time

It might not be a crime

To admit that you just can’t do this sh–!

There once was a Saint called Blaise

Who saw a gig that was no gig but a malaise.

Gig’s owner in need of help beyond doubt

Saint Blaise as ever reaches out

His name on this day I shall praise.

Admiring you for the last one, no joke.

Upon the forum came a pox

who thought he was a fox

But he was a charlatan

Who had one up his ham

And he spoke a lot of old crock

This is not about Blaise, I hasten to add.

Also, curse you. I’m meant to be going to bed but here I am making bad limericks instead.

Upon the forum came a pox

who thought he was a fox

But he was a charlatan

Who had one up his ham

And he spoke a lot of old crock

This is not about Blaise, I hasten to add.

Also, curse you. I’m meant to be going to bed but here I am making bad limericks instead.

Yeah me too,

but what doesn’t one do

for this perfecter thread

even if one should be in bed

like any sane protozoo.

I swear it started just as a Hi Emma good you’re back and then ended as a bad limerick 🙀

🌙 Good dreams everyone.

Archived