emmaki

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, put a tape up your webcam?

Someone has got to be kidding me …😕

Sure lots of people do this. There was a rumor Microsoft could secretly gain control of people’s webcams to see them. That little cheapo notebook computer I had didn’t even have a light that went on when the cam was on, and it stayed on, while I was signed into a big chat room, for hours and while I was in my bedroom walking around, coming out of the shower, etc.

Sure lots of people do this. There was a rumor Microsoft could secretly gain control of people’s webcams to see them. That little cheapo notebook computer I had didn’t even have a light that went on when the cam was on, and it stayed on, while I was signed into a big chat room, for hours and while I was in my bedroom walking around, coming out of the shower, etc.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez! I’m breaking my webcam! NOW!!!

Dear Fellow and Mellow Fiverr Forum Participants:

For many years it was my practice to turn off my phone at night, but my Mother asked me to leave it on so that she can reach me in the event of an emergency.

At least twice in the past week, I’ve been awakened around 2 am by pings on the Fiverr app alerting me to incoming messages from Buyers on Fiverr. One of them led to a sale, and I try to accept this phenomenon as a fact of life as a freelancer.

However, it’s super annoying to me when messages like that are from Sellers on Fiverr, who have access to the Fiverr Forum as a means to ask me for assistance without placing my response rate in jeopardy.

When I first attach the leash on Hannah’s collar, she’s impossible to deal with, as she’s so excited, jumping around, wagging her tail, and performing other actions typical of a dog who loves going for walks.

Hannah.thumb.JPG.778b8ab3f6ea34667de3cc41e61590c8.JPG

After we’ve walked for half a block or so, she calms down, but she really hates to be interrupted when she THINKS she’s going for a walk.

About an hour ago, just as I stepped out the door with Hannah, I received YET ANOTHER MESSAGE from a Fiverr Seller asking me for FREE STUFF on Fiverr.1530923618_GiveMeFREESTUFFonFiverr.PNG.dbb78f8fcc021ada58d90f269031afec.PNG

Due to YET ANOTHER GLITCH on the Fiverr app (I couldn’t FIND THE MESSAGE to respond to it), I faced the choice of dragging Hannah back in the house, trudging to my office, rebooting my computer, and dealing with this person who either just does not know or does not care that this sort of thing is a serious breach of etiquette.

I took Hannah for a walk.

PLEASE. This is just common sense and basic human decency.

IF YOU ARE A SELLER ON FIVERR, PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT OTHER SELLERS ON FIVERR ASKING FOR FREE STUFF. That’s what the Fiverr Forum is for.

There’s nothing magic about any advice I’ve ever given anyone on Fiverr. I’m just someone who was once a proofreader.

You are more likely to receive more benefit by posting publicly, and allowing for the possibility that someone more knowledgeable than I am can give you just the help you need.

If you can’t be bothered to read and implement the items on the “IMGC,” then I have no confidence that you will follow my advice anyway, because most of the time, I just advise people to do the stuff on the checklist.

Look, I’m a jerk.

I’m trying real hard to be nice about this.

Help me help you.

Thank you,
Blaise

I can say add a video till I’m blue in the face!
I can post the same advice again and again all over the place…
But what good does it do
For me to repeat it again to you,
“Use common sense, READ THE CHECKLIST, and GET OFF MY CASE!”?

For many years it was my practice to turn off my phone at night, but my Mother asked me to leave it on so that she can reach me in the event of an emergency.

At least twice in the past week, I’ve been awakened around 2 am by pings on the Fiverr app alerting me to incoming messages from Buyers on Fiverr. One of them led to a sale, and I try to accept this phenomenon as a fact of life as a freelancer.

However, it’s super annoying to me when messages like that are from Sellers on Fiverr, who have access to the Fiverr Forum as a means to ask me for assistance without placing my response rate in jeopardy.

When I first attach the leash on Hannah’s collar, she’s impossible to deal with, as she’s so excited, jumping around, wagging her tail, and performing other actions typical of a dog who loves going for walks.

After we’ve walked for half a block or so, she calms down, but she really hates to be interrupted when she THINKS she’s going for a walk.

About an hour ago, just as I stepped out the door with Hannah, I received YET ANOTHER MESSAGE from a Fiverr Seller asking me for FREE STUFF on Fiverr.2642283ad8ffba6788c57b6311a973884796534a.PNG

Due to YET ANOTHER GLITCH on the Fiverr app (I couldn’t FIND THE MESSAGE to respond to it), I faced the choice of dragging Hannah back in the house, trudging to my office, rebooting my computer, and dealing with this person who either just does not know or does not care that this sort of thing is a serious breach of etiquette.

IF YOU ARE A SELLER ON FIVERR, PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT OTHER SELLERS ON FIVERR ASKING FOR FREE STUFF. That’s what the Fiverr Forum is for.

There’s nothing magic about any advice I’ve ever given anyone on Fiverr. I’m just someone who was once a proofreader.

You are more likely to receive more benefit by posting publicly, and allowing for the possibility that someone more knowledgeable than I am can give you just the help you need.

If you can’t be bothered to read and implement the items on the “IMGC,” then I have no confidence that you will follow my advice anyway, because most of the time, I just advise people to do the stuff on the checklist.

Look, I’m a jerk.

Help me help you.

Thank you,

Blaise

But what good does it do

This is the reason that I don’t have my Fiverr link in my forum profile. They can send me a forum message all they want, I can happily ignore those. The only jerk in your situation are those who send inbox messages. I am happy to help people in general but on the forum only. Sending me an inbox message makes me think you lack common sense and/or common decency and so trying to help you will be a waste of time anyway.

About an hour ago, just as I stepped out the door with Hannah, I received YET ANOTHER MESSAGE from a Fiverr Seller asking me for FREE STUFF on Fiverr.2642283ad8ffba6788c57b6311a973884796534a.PNG

Look, I’m a jerk.

Help me help you.

Thank you,

Blaise

But what good does it do

Just ignore them Blaise.

This is the reason that I don’t have my Fiverr link in my forum profile. They can send me a forum message all they want, I can happily ignore those. The only jerk in your situation are those who send inbox messages. I am happy to help people in general but on the forum only. Sending me an inbox message makes me think you lack common sense and/or common decency and so trying to help you will be a waste of time anyway.

Dear Eoin:

Trust me, I’ve gotten plenty of those messages before I ever added my link to my forum profile.

The funny thing is, I added my “Improve My Gig Checklist” gig as a way to point people to the Fiverr Forum, but people don’t contact me through that gig.

(If you watch the video for that gig, it’s just screen shots of the Improve My Gig checklist…)

They contact me via my top selling gig, the “Design Stuff” gig.

People are people,

Blaise

Look, I’m a jerk.

Help me help you.

Thank you,

Blaise

But what good does it do

Dear Blaise,

I like Hannah. I have a soft ❤️ spot for dogs. I’ll probably leave everything to a rescue mission exclusively for abused pups.

Okay, so this thread has seriously gone off topic, sorry to OP.

Dear Blaise,

I like Hannah. I have a soft ❤️ spot for dogs. I’ll probably leave everything to a rescue mission exclusively for abused pups.

Gina has a soft spot

She likes dogs a lot

She’ll give all her dough

to the pound when she goes

She’s givin’ Fido all she’s got!

Hey, Gina, we rescued Hannah from the pound, so if you leave all your money to me, it’s practically the same thing.

(I wrote a limerick about your situation, so your post is safely back on topic. Remember me in your Will! Just kidding. But seriously, for real. Still kidding – NOT. Just kidding.)

Gina has a soft spot

She likes dogs a lot

She’ll give all her dough

to the pound when she goes

She’s givin’ Fido all she’s got!

Hey, Gina, we rescued Hannah from the pound, so if you leave all your money to me, it’s practically the same thing.

(I wrote a limerick about your situation, so your post is safely back on topic. Remember me in your Will! Just kidding. But seriously, for real. Still kidding – NOT. Just kidding.)

LOL… @gina_riley2 and @blaisefaint are now officially my favorite posters on Fiverr forum, along with @misscrystal , @eoinfinnegan , @cyaxrex and okay, let’s face it, @emmaki That’s my top 6 here. Make that top 7 with @miiila 🙂

Dear Blaise,

There was an original topic???

Also, @blaisefaint I was too busy empathizing with your inbox issue that I forgot to mention how much I like Hannah! A beaut!

@writer99025 The feeling is mutual <3

She stood on the bridge at midnight
Her lips were all a quiver
She gave a cough,
Her leg fell off
And floated down the river.

Then there is that old one:

One fine day, in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew their swords and shot each other.

I don’t know if these are actual limericks but they tickle me and anything which tickles me is fine by me.

Anyway, didn’t mean to be here, just up late due to 3 ‘order cancelled’ automatic reviews, an appalling delivery and response rate, and a power cut which has just seen me stay up by candle light, praying that it will come back so I can deliver an order on time this month. (It did, obviously).

Anyway, hidey ho campers, will follow up later with a post about how to be a bad Fiverr Seller and (hopefully) recover. Lots of love, A

As per the TOS of Windows 10 and the revised TOS of 8 & 7, Microsoft can record and use the first 15 MB of data from your webcam and mic as soon as you start up your computer (every time). In this case, yes Miss Crystal, Bill Gates has seen you waltzing around in the nuddy.

Let’s just hope he found the experience truly magical and will leave a tip one day in appreciation.

As per the TOS of Windows 10 and the revised TOS of 8 & 7, Microsoft can record and use the first 15 MB of data from your webcam and mic as soon as you start up your computer (every time). In this case, yes Miss Crystal, Bill Gates has seen you waltzing around in the nuddy.

Let’s just hope he found the experience truly magical and will leave a tip one day in appreciation.

Bill Gates has retired. There’s an Indian in charge of Microsoft these days. Satya Nadella.

O I love it.And I would really love to see a limerick written for me 😇

Anjylina was this young lady’s name

Who one day to this forum came.

Walked right into the weirdest thread

No limerick to her own name she yet had

Didn’t tell if she liked chicken, yet soon enough one came. (a limerick, not a chicken, though who knows, in this thread anything can happen. No, this is no call for weird pics, DJ!

She stood on the bridge at midnight

Her lips were all a quiver

She gave a cough,

Her leg fell off

And floated down the river.

Then there is that old one:

One fine day, in the middle of the night,

Two dead men got up to fight,

Back to back they faced each other,

Drew their swords and shot each other.

I don’t know if these are actual limericks but they tickle me and anything which tickles me is fine by me.

Anyway, didn’t mean to be here, just up late due to 3 ‘order cancelled’ automatic reviews, an appalling delivery and response rate, and a power cut which has just seen me stay up by candle light, praying that it will come back so I can deliver an order on time this month. (It did, obviously).

Anyway, hidey ho campers, will follow up later with a post about how to be a bad Fiverr Seller and (hopefully) recover. Lots of love, A

There was a guy from a small isle

Who stayed clear from the forum a while.

Didn’t manage to stay away for good,

Came back to chat with the guys from the hood

Every once in a while.

Anjylina was this young lady’s name

Who one day to this forum came.

Walked right into the weirdest thread

No limerick to her own name she yet had

Didn’t tell if she liked chicken, yet soon enough one came. (a limerick, not a chicken, though who knows, in this thread anything can happen. No, this is no call for weird pics, DJ!

Thank you. Well my own name is Aman.,🙂

Thank you. Well my own name is Aman.,🙂

Thank you, but my own name is Aman, she said.

And no doubt that’s a pretty name to be had.

It’s a name that evokes an exotic place

Where mystic and wonder each day one can face,

Still we don’t know if she loves chicken, too bad.

Thank you, but my own name is Aman, she said.

And no doubt that’s a pretty name to be had.

It’s a name that evokes an exotic place

Where mystic and wonder each day one can face,

Still we don’t know if she loves chicken, too bad.

Hahaha that’s great .Love chiken 😋

Archived