Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

16 hours ago, kingpirux said:

exactly what i thougt. They give a sht about clients and freelancers, they just want to push everybody to spend more in promotion and to force everyone to get seller plus, thats not a growth strategy, is milking to dead the cows, they dont care because new freelancers will always do it, will always fall in the fake promotion and in the shitty investment for the seller plus trying to make their gigs "more visible"...

In other words they are mining the miners. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Something I've just seen is that when you get a revision the clock aligns with the original order deadline. It used to be just the red 00:00:00 I think.

So, I think it's a sensible guess that Fiverr considers a 'good order' to be one that's completed/accepted within the original time frame, not just that the first delivery was in the original time frame.

Maybe this is really obvious, but perhaps something to bear in mind.

I think it makes sense from a client perspective. When they order the time frame is a big factor, and they probably don't like a 3 days order taking  7 days for e.g. with revisions.

Screenshot 2024-03-09 070736.png

• Like 5
  • Up 3

6 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

I think it makes sense from a client perspective. When they order the time frame is a big factor, and they probably don't like a 3 days order taking  7 days for e.g. with revisions.

Though when they keep asking for tons of changes that take a long time to do and upload that could have been specified in the initial requirements it's a bit unfair for the seller to be expected to do them all within the initial time-frame, especially if it's the buyer that keeps changing their mind, especially if they don't give full info at the start of the order when they should have.

Buyers can ask for many things in each revision request (or some that are very time-consuming) and the seller isn't going to know before the order how many or what things the buyer is going to ask to change and how many requests they're going to ask for so that can't accurately specified by the seller in the custom offer or gig package. So Fiverr's timer shouldn't be working in that way really (expecting all revisions - unknown before the order by the seller - to be done in the original time-frame).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10
  • Up 3

40 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Though when they keep asking for tons of changes that take a long time to do and upload that could have been specified in the initial requirements it's a bit unfair for the seller to be expected to do them all within the initial time-frame, especially if it's the buyer that keeps changing their mind, especially if they don't give full info at the start of the order when they should have.

Buyers can ask for many things in each revision request (or some that are very time-consuming) and the seller isn't going to know before the order how many or what things the buyer is going to ask to change and how many requests they're going to ask for so that can't accurately specified by the seller in the custom offer or gig package. So Fiverr's timer shouldn't be working in that way really (expecting all revisions - unknown before the order by the seller - to be done in the original time-frame).

This is spot on. This could be fixed by revision requests being a systematic process rather than a button the buyer can press infinitely. If the revision process were a mutual workflow, the buyer and seller could agree on a revised deadline that encompasses the revision request.

There are also types of orders where there should be no delivery deadline at all and no option to request revisions. For example, I offer training sessions. They are delivered when the buyer and seller agree on a delivery time. The timer, in this case is 100% arbitrary and the only time I request extensions is when the buyer disappears or can’t commit to a time within 30 days (the arbitrary delivery deadline I set on my training gigs).

And the option to request revisions should be completely disabled for this offering because the work is the session. Once it’s delivered, the work is objectively done. I can’t go back in time and do it again.

Edited by charlsmcfarlane
  • Like 10
  • Up 2

Another day, another r/fiverr post concerning a broken Fiverr system. 

image.png.7036c818e8791f01b5d8bf65beeb5e96.png

EDIT: Of course, that wasn't the only problem: 

image.png.915dc59e8b901bbda0cd6156ec30ad74.png

Edited by emmaki
how do we rate Fiverr's quality of everything at the moment?
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Another day, another r/fiverr post concerning a broken Fiverr system. 

image.png.7036c818e8791f01b5d8bf65beeb5e96.png

Is this you or someone you know or just something someone posted?

I ask because while I make a habit of not posting free advice on forums, I'm a tax guy and this really pisses me off because they're in violation of a number of EU regulations here regardless of what the info status of that account is and I'd be happy to say where if it will help anyone.

• Like 5

Just to add further insult to injury - 9 days ago, shortly after delivering an order, the client reviewed it. 

Got the notification saying they'd reviewed it.

I opened the order to respond.  There was no review on the order.

I open a ticket with support.

They tell me that the issue had been passed on to some department to review and to await a response.

I've had no response since, despite me asking for an update 4 days ago.

Since then, the order auto-completed without any review - As if the review never registered, otherwise it would never have autocompleted, clearly.

So, if one of the MIND-BLOWINGLY TRANSPARENT new changes they've implemented is that auto-completed orders / orders not reviewed negatively impact us in some way, there appears (maybe, possibly) to be yet another bug lurking out there and seemingly no urgency in addressing it.

I wouldn't have raised this post about it it to be honest because nothing really surprises me here anymore, but keep an eye out. 

On a separate note, I responded to a new order placed yesterday just to confirm that the order was received like I always do.  I literally posted on the order page like 50 seconds after the customer placed the order.  Fiverr sends me an email this morning (24 hours or so later) telling me that I had not reviewed the order requirements ("...but we noticed that you haven’t viewed the requirements.") and that I should.....😐

The issue here is likely that I responded using the mobile app, rather than my studio computer.  I normally respond via my desktop.  So, another bug to add to the pile I guess.

Edited by smork
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

@cucinavivace - seems like the poster is in India/is Indian (provided PAN number, likes Indian subs). Or maybe that's used somewhere in Europe, IDK. People asking for help on Reddit always like to be infuriatingly vague when it comes to important details. 

Which does add an interesting new dimension to this. Is OP in Yurp, or is he pretending to be in Yurp? If the latter, does that mean nasty surprises ahoy for location fakers in the EU? And from next year the UK.... 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, smork said:

Just to add further insult to injury - 9 days ago, shortly after delivering an order, the client reviewed it. 

Got the notification saying they'd reviewed it.

I opened the order to respond.  There was no review on the order.

I open a ticket with support, confident I'd get no help. 

They tell me that the issue had been passed on to some department to review and to await a response.

I've had no response since, despite me asking for an update 4 days ago.

Since then, the order auto-completed without any review - As if the review never registered, otherwise it would never have autocompleted, clearly.

So, if one of the MIND-BLOWINGLY TRANSPARENT new changes they've implemented is that auto-completed orders / orders not reviewed negatively impact us in some way, there appears (maybe, possibly) to be yet another bug lurking out there and seemingly no urgency in addressing it.

I wouldn't have raised this post about it it to be honest because nothing really surprises me here anymore, but keep an eye out. 

On a separate note, I responded to a new order placed yesterday just to confirm that the order was received like I always do.  I literally posted 50 seconds after the customer placed the order.  Fiverr sends me an email this morning (24 hours or so later) telling me that I had not reviewed the order requirements ("...but we noticed that you haven’t viewed the requirements.") and that I should.....😐

The issue here is likely that I responded using the mobile app, rather than my studio computer.  I normally respond via my desktop.  So, another bug to add to the pile I guess.

Honestly, don't use the app. It's a bugfest when it comes to stats. The only thing I use it for is to annoyingly buzz my table when a notification comes in, and that's only because the notification on the desktop is unable to work consistently. 

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, emmaki said:

The only thing I use it for is to annoyingly buzz my table when a notification comes in

Oh I totally agree - I rarely use it for anything other than new order/revision/inbox message notifications.  Definitely staying away from it for everything else now though!

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, emmaki said:

@cucinavivace - seems like the poster is in India/is Indian (provided PAN number, likes Indian subs). Or maybe that's used somewhere in Europe, IDK. People asking for help on Reddit always like to be infuriatingly vague when it comes to important details. 

Which does add an interesting new dimension to this. Is OP in Yurp, or is he pretending to be in Yurp? If the latter, does that mean nasty surprises ahoy for location fakers in the EU? And from next year the UK.... 

The deadline for 2023 DAC7 compliance was extended to March 31, 2024, @emmaki, so they're probably playing catch up and on a big sweep. There was a post here on the forum last month with a pile of people who had all been restricted for "location inconsistencies" all at once, so that might play into it in his case. The nasty surprises for those folks (as well as some innocent VPN users) are well under way either way.

I have to guess Fiverr's rush to DAC7 compliance (their own compliance, not that of their sellers - compliance is Fiverr's obligation exclusively as a digital platform), confirm who's in the EU and have the right info on file for them, is responsible in both situations given the timing.

If he IS in India, DAC7 doesn't even apply unless he did in fact pretend to be in the EU,

Edited by cucinavivace
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, smork said:

Fiverr sends me an email this morning (24 hours or so later) telling me that I had not reviewed the order requirements ("...but we noticed that you haven’t viewed the requirements.") and that I should.....😐

Yes. I’m beyond annoyed with that particular bug.

Yesterday I finally complained and they told me they are looking into it. But who really knows if that’s true.

48D7CEEA-07AE-4CB2-BC94-DBF3FF0FDDC9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Up 1

18 minutes ago, zerlina84 said:

Yes. I’m beyond annoyed with that particular bug.

Yesterday I finally complained and they told me they are looking into it. But who really knows if that’s true.

I just had a frustrating exchange with support.  They were adamant I was wrong (not even talking about the app in the ticket). 

My point was - I opened and responded to the order so that email should not have been received... The ticket was requesting they correct my stats if I've been marked down for their system being in error.

I literally sent screenshots and timestamps.

In the end they claimed they misunderstood my question!  And I didn't get an answer about whether it marked me down or if they can correct it.

This is what the last message they sent finished with anyway;

Regarding the email you received, the email notification regarding the requirements will come no matter if you reviewed them or not.

The same applies to all email notifications that you choose to receive in your account settings.

I understand that the text in the email may be confusing, but that's what our relevant team wrote in the email, unfortunately, I cannot change that, but I will check with the relevant team if they could do it.

Yet, I never get that email?  I literally never see it because I open every order and respond to the order.   Who knows really.

Edited by smork
  • Like 5

Does anyone know or have experimented with pausing or deleting a gig to improve your overall review rating? Profile rating, that is (not the success score) or is it confirmed that this can only be changed by future reviews?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nickkold said:

Does anyone know or have experimented with pausing or deleting a gig to improve your overall review rating? Profile rating, that is (not the success score) or is it confirmed that this can only be changed by future reviews?

You may find conflicting answers to these questions.
First of all, what CS and the forum moderators say has been contradicted on several occasions.
Then I have seen several colleagues who say they have paused or deleted their concerts without having had any changes to their score.
Then others say that it did change a little.
And yet, it is a double-edged sword. For example, I have my best-selling concert in 4. Where I constantly receive orders.
Then I have another one with a score of 8. But in this one I barely receive orders.
It means that if I pause at 4 and maintain 8 I will have a very nice LEVEL 2 but I will not receive orders. I know my answer didn't help you at all, it's just an example of how we're all confused about Fiverr transparency.

• Like 8
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, nickkold said:

Public ratings stay on your profile permanently whether you delete the gig or not.

• Like 5

Just now, cucinavivace said:

Public ratings stay on your profile permanently whether you delete the gig or not.

It seems to me that he is referring to the success score. It is different from public scoring.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, leonormiserol said:

It seems to me that he is referring to the success score. It is different from public scoring.

He specifically said "not the success score." He's asking about the public rating on his profile.

Edited by cucinavivace
  • Like 5

In the short time this stupid system has been enabled:

- Far more people are coming to the forums for the first time solely based off how bad it is. Me being one who's purely buyer only.

- I haven't seen a single response from anyone at Fiverr nor any feedback acknowledgement or actual changes since it was announced and dumped on us. Just locking the original thread for whatever reason. Has there been any actual response or was this whole system some quick pointless meeting thing, dumped on everyone, and trying to ignore?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, daichi777 said:

I haven't seen a single response from anyone at Fiverr nor any feedback acknowledgement or actual changes since it was announced and dumped on us.

There are responses from Fiverr, there were topics made by them on the topic and they did reply to some questions. There are still a lot of questions and things that didn't and most likely won't get a response.

The thing is, the system is still in beta, the new level system is supposed to launch on Friday if I am not mistaken. So, hopefully until then, they can still iron out some things. But it won't be perfect, and obviously not everyone will be satisfied. That has been the case with every Fiverr change, and will continue to be in the future.

My issue is with cancellations affecting the success score, even if they are not made by the seller. And that was the case even before I had a buyer place an order, receive their work, ask for a revision without any clear details, and then after me sending multiple messages to come up with stuff to be changed or trying to read minds and revise, I received a reply from the person 3 days later, just to have customer support cancel the order 10 minutes after he replied. Obviously he went to customer support the same day and asked for a refund, but also thought I can modify and he can use the stuff for free. 

The worst part is, the buyer can still review you, even if you never accepted the cancellation. 

• Like 4
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3

59 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

The thing is, the system is still in beta, the new level system is supposed to launch on Friday if I am not mistaken. So, hopefully until then, they can still iron out some things.

The new levels info page https://www.fiverr.com/cp/freelancers-levels-ratings

says:

March 14th

Say goodbye to the old, and embrace the new! The new level system, along with your updated level and benefits, takes effect. This means your new level will become visible to customers in the marketplace and you’ll be ready for your next chapter of Fiverr success.

Analytics page also says March 14th. So that should be Thursday.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1