New scam attempt (sophisticated)

visualstudios

Hi, I registered my first gig just 5 minutes ago and got this message already... The id was extremely suspicious so I did some googling and ended up in this thread.
ScreenShot2024-07-08at7_41_51PM.png.3463443597a259659e8666011a1c268d.pngScreenShot2024-07-08at7_42_00PM.png.4394f84184cd40f9c25112ff3cca42cb.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

You could report it to the real Fiverr customer support at the help desk as well as report the message with the report option (3 dots on the top right of the message with show the menu option for that). You could ask them in the report option/help desk if they could put some code in to stop people changing their display names to have "Fiverr" or "Support" in it. Fiverr said they've added a policy against people doing that but it doesn't seem to be stopping people from doing it currently. It needs a small bit of code to actually check it.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5

Greetings, everyone! I got a message from fiverr today and it says that somebody has purchased my gig and gave me a link for confirming my bank account. It says if the account is confirmed, fiverr would notify the customer later. The page the link redirected to was also fiverr's own page. Then I was redirected to a stripe page. However, I don't think I am supposed to have any order because nobody contacted me before and in fact, the gig was recently uploaded and it was showing zero gigs. Some told me it was a scam. Someone please help me.

Screenshot_64.png.27bbe3a666fb5e443d4ff596214e025c.png

Screenshot_63.png.454fa2f59e77c2a6fa797d9d98d0b446.png

Screenshot_67.png

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, catwriter said:

I thought it was no longer possible to use "Support" as a part of a display name. @Lena? Do you know something about this (and should someone be alerted)?

I thought so, too. Let me check with the team. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just received these kind of email and as a new user i clicked in the website and fill in my bank account. However the page just loading , am I save? Please help me answer my question so that I can so another preventions. So far nothing happen to my balance

• Like 3

I had the same issue when I first joined Fiverr. I got tons of scam messages trying to get me to click on links or scan QR codes. I fell for it once and it led to a fake Fiverr-looking site asking for my card details and a minimum balance. That’s when I realized it was a scam.

Here’s how you can spot a real order: When you get an actual order, you’ll see it in the “Orders” tab and get a notification from Fiverr. Real clients will make payments through Fiverr’s platform, so you shouldn’t have to share card details or personal info. If someone asks you to move off Fiverr or send money, it’s a scam for sure. If you’re unsure, Fiverr’s support can help.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2024 at 5:43 AM, Lena said:

I thought so, too. Let me check with the team. 

If Fiverr message me, how can i verify that, this is real?

On 7/9/2024 at 5:57 AM, zaheer_abbas37 said:

Its a scam dear fellow member. Do not scan the QR code. Immediately report the user.

If i scan this QR code, what will happen ?

• Like 2

once a scammer told me that he wants to pay some money to his seller in Pakistan, so he wants to send some dollars (3 times more) to me by pioneer  and requested me to send these to (his) seller. he agreed to pay me first. can somebody please identify what kind of scam is this?

• Like 2

On 7/9/2024 at 2:17 PM, diptasinha said:

If Fiverr message me, how can i verify that, this is real?

If i scan this QR code, what will happen ?

Hello @diptasinha 

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

If you do receive a message like this in your inbox, please report it immediately to our Customer Support by sending an email to support@fiverr.com. 

Thanks. 

• Like 8
  • Up 2

On 2/10/2024 at 4:42 PM, visualstudios said:

Just go this. Won't even bother blacking out user info, as this is clearly a targeted scam to steal money from people. Be careful, they go to the extent of making a fake fiverr website to trick new users into thinking an order was paid for an putting in their credit card information to "receive the payment".

i accidentally put my credit info on that web what can i do now

• Like 3

Hi i got an inbox for email for Fiverr support that say there is suspicious activity on my account and i wont be able to accept any orders i just want to check if the is legit because it look and a scam

Thanks

Screen Capture_select-area_20240712141013.png

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, soysabino said:

Speaking of... this is a scam, right?

Yes, it's a scam and goes to a scam website that starts with "id" then a number then ".com" (so not part of Fiverr).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

Hi, I am new on fiverr ( Web Developer ) and i also got an inbox message from some Stacy, Fiverr QR Code was also visible. But the name seemed suspicious and asking for credit card info was also suspicions. I didnt take it seriously yet searched it on google. And here i see all the replies. Thanks Everyone for letting people know about this Scam.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 1:56 PM, wixwebstudio said:

I just created my fiverr profile and I got this message 

Yes all the messages from people calling themselves "Support Fiverr" in the Fiverr inbox are scams. Fiverr should be preventing them changing their display name to that. Fiverr said they've already made it against their policy to put "Fiverr" in the display name but they don't seem to be stopping them doing it. 

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4