Updated criteria for the Zoom feature in the inbox

Noam.Arik

We’ve updated the criteria for sellers to be eligible for the Zoom feature in the inbox. In addition to maintaining a Seller Level of 1 or higher, sellers must have an average selling price of $50 or more to qualify.

*Note that this change does not apply to buyers from Fiverr Pro and Fiverr Select, who will still be able to use the Zoom feature regardless of a seller's average selling price.

We appreciate your understanding and invite you to read more about the Zoom call feature here.

Edited by Noam.Arik
  • Like 93
  • Confused 2
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, Noam.Arik said:

We’ve updated the criteria for sellers to be eligible for the Zoom feature in the inbox. In addition to maintaining a Seller Level of 1 or higher, sellers must have an average selling price of $50 or more to qualify.

*Note that this change does not apply to buyers from Fiverr Pro and Fiverr Select, who will still be able to use the Zoom feature regardless of a seller's average selling price.

We appreciate your understanding and invite you to read more about the Zoom call feature here.

Thanks for sharing the update.

Have a question about the "average selling price" : will the lifetime average selling price be considered for this, or any specific duration like last 1 month / 2 months will be considered for this new update?

If last 1 month/2 months will be considered, then what do you think will be the cutoff date/cycle when this feature will get Disabled (if was enabled) for any seller?

If you could please clarify

Edited by sripra9007
  • Like 57
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

That's interesting. The only time I've used it, the session let me be able to understand that I needed to charge more for what they needed and we developed a relationship quickly. They've since become a regular client. 

It doesn't make much sense to cut it at an average selling price. There's not much context to provide an understanding. 

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 65
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Noam.Arik said:

That's one of the Good features Fiverr has provided for sellers since the buyers have to explain their requirements in most cases and video chat is the best option. 

• Like 43

On 9/30/2023 at 12:49 PM, charlsmcfarlane said:

Forgive my ignorance but what is the purpose of this update? Why is the feature restricted anyway?

Well, I assume 2 reasons:

1. Zoom is not free, fiverr uses a lot of cloud storage to save all meetings on the platform price is probably huge, so 20% of $5 order can't cover up that storage.
2. A lot of new sellers don't care about the Fiverr profile they will rather try to pull buyers out of the platform to save that 20% fee and with that violating Fiverr TOS,  

• Like 28
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, skydesigner said:

Well, I assume 2 reasons:

1. Zoom is not free, fiverr uses a lot of cloud storage to save all meetings on the platform price is probably huge, so 20% of $5 order can't cover up that storage.
2. A lot of new sellers don't care about the Fiverr profile they will rather try to pull buyers out of the platform to save that 20% fee and with that violating Fiverr TOS,  

And it doesn't make any sense as a seller to be spending time on a call for a $5 order anyway. A $5 order must be a simple "click here, get it done, next to no communication", otherwise it makes absolutely no sense from a time management perspective. It barely pays for any work, to have to pay for time spending communicating on top...

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

On 9/30/2023 at 6:49 AM, charlsmcfarlane said:

Forgive my ignorance but what is the purpose of this update? Why is the feature restricted anyway?

The official reason is because "we appreciate your understanding.":classic_smile:

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 31
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 3

On 9/27/2023 at 8:04 PM, Noam.Arik said:

Appreciate the update! It's great to witness Fiverr's commitment to upholding quality in Zoom functionalities. This will likely motivate sellers to provide more valuable services. I'm eager to delve deeper into the Zoom call feature.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2023 at 5:04 PM, Noam.Arik said:

sellers must have an average selling price of $50 or more to qualify.

To be honest, I had never used this feature before, and now, when my potential customer wanted to have a call (he insisted that he wanted to have a video call to explain everything), I had no chance to make it. As a result, he had to buy my consultation instead of just having a simple meeting. 

I have been on the platform since 2014 (~7,000 orders), and my average selling price is ~$38 now (it was $33 in 2022). So, it will take a couple of years to move it higher. Is it possible to calculate the average selling price for at least 1 or 2 years? 

When I started here, I had a lot of $5 orders, and all of them were included in the average selling price calculation.

• Like 29
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3

On 10/2/2023 at 5:01 PM, charlsmcfarlane said:

All very logical. Thanks for explaining it for me.

I agree with the logic. You MUST be logical as a freelancer. If you are spending 30 minutes on Zoom for a $20 order and the order takes you 2 hours, your hourly wage drops to $8. The US just raised its minimum wage to $20. You have to do the math. Just saying. 

• Like 29
  • Congrats! 3

6 hours ago, melissaharlowvo said:

I agree with the logic. You MUST be logical as a freelancer. If you are spending 30 minutes on Zoom for a $20 order and the order takes you 2 hours, your hourly wage drops to $8. The US just raised its minimum wage to $20. You have to do the math. Just saying. 

True. I most certainly wouldn't agree to a zoom call for a gig worth such a small amount, but that's a personal choice. I can't see that being the reason for Fiverr to restrict it. If a seller considers it a worthwhile use of their time, why not let them? I assume it must be the cost to Fiverr to host the calls and the potential for low-quality sellers to use calls as a way to take buyers off-platform, as @visualstudios suggests.

• Like 32
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3

4 hours ago, lalitsdmittal said:

Some Buyers need their work on Zoom call only, I am not sure if this is a good update, but I'm afraid I have to disagree with this update.

You can do a Zoom call through an order. The update is only about the zoom call in the inbox for levelled seller.

• Like 23
  • Up 7

Female Sellers need to be guarded when using Zoom. .

A few years back a Buyer exposed himself to me during a Zoom call.  Then he threatened to cancel my order if I hung up before the call was “finished”. He knew exactly how cancellations work against Sellers.  It was a very upsetting event for me at the time. I’m in my sixties and a grandmother and was too embarrassed to report him. And the sicko left me a good review which is kinda funny now that I look back on it, but also icky knowing the review is part of my record.  Btw, I had message conversations with him prior to the call and he seemed legit so that’s why I agreed to a call.

Today, I wonder if he would have used the  review process to silence me from leaving him a truthfully horrible review. 

I suggest if anyone wants to use this feature they should purchase Seller Plus to have better insight into who is requesting a call.  

• Like 20
  • Sad 5